Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

Burkion posted:

You guys talking about nudity in Rifftrax and don't bring up Treasure of the Amazon? Really?

That's like the only reason the movie exists.

I'm pretty sure that's the film that brought up the subject in the first place.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Paper Kaiju posted:

I'm pretty sure that's the film that brought up the subject in the first place.

If it is then I'm dumb and should be ignored.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
So, how many accent changes did you count in Treasure of the Amazon?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Something I noticed on their New Year's Facebook posting was a mention that last year was their first year as Rifftrax, LLC. Did they actually split off from Legend Films proper?

Xylorjax
Nov 27, 2002

muscles like this? posted:

Something I noticed on their New Year's Facebook posting was a mention that last year was their first year as Rifftrax, LLC. Did they actually split off from Legend Films proper?

Their copyright statements at the end of the riffs no longer mention Legend Films. Make of it what you will.

Guy Axlerod
Dec 29, 2008
They were spun off in July 2012, but are still a subsidiary of Legend Films.

Locutus of Bald
Aug 20, 2009

by Debbie Metallica
Part 6 of the Batman serial is up! :woop:

http://www.rifftrax.com/shorts/batman-target-robin

quote:

This sixth installment in the thrilling serial takes an unexpected turn when the Wizard and his gang, who previously had been targeting Batman and Robin, begin to Target Robin! Oh, and also still Batman. The bad guys are still targeting both of them, as they have from the beginning. These titles are meaningless.

But the action continues! Just as our heroes continue to keep their costumes in a file cabinet in Bruce Wayne’s unfinished basement! And the World’s Greatest Detective continues to fall for traps set by a blundering crew of mobsters, who are really doing a great job keeping it together in the absence of their good friend Gabe, by the way.

Will Batman and his middle-aged charge escape a chamber filling with deadly CO2 gas, which despite what you may have heard in science class is apparently completely visible? Tune in with Mike, Kevin, and Bill!

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

I bought #5 on New Years Day with their 10% off sale (along with the two Dr Who movies, and "When should parents stop a fight"). Now I know what some of my $2 credit is going towards.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Guy Axlerod posted:

They were spun off in July 2012, but are still a subsidiary of Legend Films.

No, we bought ourselves out from Legend a year and a half ago. We don't have anything to do with them anymore and are now artist owned and operated. It's a nice feeling.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

rereedrumr posted:

No, we bought ourselves out from Legend a year and a half ago. We don't have anything to do with them anymore and are now artist owned and operated. It's a nice feeling.

Does Mike still do work for Legend?

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

rereedrumr posted:

I was quite surprised when you guys did Treasure of the Amazon. Who decides when a movie has too much nudity and horror? Not one of the Rifftax I'd show my nephew, even though it was excellent.

Ghostpilot
Jun 22, 2007

"As a rule, I never touch anything more sophisticated and delicate than myself."
There is a disclaimer in regards to the nudity on the page for the movie, so it is something they make you aware of before purchasing.

Some rifftrax are for younger or sensitive folk, but Treasure of the Amazon isn't one of them.

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006
Turning the light on the darkest places, you and I know we got to face this now. We got to face this now.

Yeah definitely. He loves the Batman ones.

BloodDesk UnderHell
Sep 24, 2007

Wow! He licks good boot!

rereedrumr posted:

Is this why the Night of the Living Dead Live Show was in B&W while the earlier ones were colorized?

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
From the Rifftrax Facebook feed:

quote:

We'll soon announce which super-famous, super-classic movie Mike, Kevin and Bill are currently working on a riff to! It's even MORE classic and famous than Ernest Goes to Jail, if you can believe THAT.

Stay tuned!

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Is it Madea Goes to Jail? :v:

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

Mister Kingdom posted:

Does Mike still do work for Legend?

Legend morphed into a 3D conversion company since RiffTrax started. They do 3D work on major studio films. We didn't have much to do with their day to day business for a long time before we split.

rereedrumr
Sep 11, 2006
We Are Re-Ree

GreenNight posted:

I was quite surprised when you guys did Treasure of the Amazon. Who decides when a movie has too much nudity and horror? Not one of the Rifftax I'd show my nephew, even though it was excellent.

Well, it was about as non-sexual as nudity could get, and the gore effects were so crummy it was hard to take seriously. That was one where we thought the goofiness of the rest of it balanced it out. In some cases it's easier to edit out the really creepy scenes when they're an outlier, like in Swamp of the Ravens when the guy bangs the corpse, but in this case it was pretty widespread.

We're in a weird position where we're not "rated r" per se, but we're not writing and performing stuff that's intended for kids. Always tricky when people ask about the ratings for our lives shows are. I have no idea what you consider appropriate for your kids or what they understand!

GreenNight
Feb 19, 2006

Yeah at the Starship Troopers live Rifftrax I saw a load of kids that were clearly 4-6 years old. It's not Santa Conquers the Martians people.

The other thing I thought was funny is when the movie has some fucks and shits but they bleep Bill when he says it.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...
Exactly how many Batman shorts ARE there???

But yeah, new one today: THE FATAL BLAST!

Rirse
May 7, 2006

by R. Guyovich

Ensign_Ricky posted:

Exactly how many Batman shorts ARE there???

But yeah, new one today: THE FATAL BLAST!

According to Wikipedia, there are 15 shorts in all for "Batman and Robin"!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Batman_and_Robin_(serial)

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

And that's why I did the New Years sale where I got $2 in credit. :)

jedibeavis
Mar 23, 2004

Bag 'em & tag 'em, Sarah!

Excuse me, Agent Walker.
I'm still hoping that one day they'll get around to riffing the Reb Brown Captain America TV movies. Or does Marvel have a death grip on them like George Lucas wishes he had with the Star Wars Holiday Special?

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

jedibeavis posted:

I'm still hoping that one day they'll get around to riffing the Reb Brown Captain America TV movies. Or does Marvel have a death grip on them like George Lucas wishes he had with the Star Wars Holiday Special?

gently caress that, I want them to do the entire Reb Brown filmography!!

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

jedibeavis posted:

Well, Marvel is owned by Disney, who owns Star Wars, so there's still hope.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Rifftrax on Facebook posted:

Believe it or not, the super-famous, ultra-classic movie riff we're working on is even MORE WELL KNOWN and MORE BELOVED than the Matthew McConaughey/Sarah Jessica Parker rom-com "Failure to Launch."

We'll let you know what the movie is soon! How soon? Very!

The anticipation is killing me! :ohdear:

Dammit rereedrumr, give us a better clue!

Ensign_Ricky fucked around with this message at 05:19 on Jan 11, 2014

Tars Tarkas
Apr 13, 2003

Rock the Mok

A nasty woman, I think you should try is, Jess.

If it's actually Twilight this time...

RandomPauI
Nov 24, 2006

Grimey Drawer
I'm going to guess 'All About Steve'

Lazaruise
Jan 25, 2009
Maybe you guys can help me. Up until recently I've been able to easily download my files off rifftrax.com onto my Nexus 7 (2012) using the tablet itself but as of about the days ago anytime I try now the download just hangs at 0%. It's just rifftrax.com too because I can download from other sites no problem. Anyone know what my issue is?

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?

RandomPauI posted:

I'm going to guess 'All About Steve'

Have they ever riffed a comedy before? I don't know if that could work...

Paper Kaiju
Dec 5, 2010

atomic breadth

zimbomonkey posted:

Have they ever riffed a comedy before? I don't know if that could work...

I'm sure it will work great if the comedy isn't actually funny.

IUG
Jul 14, 2007

Holy crap the Facebook just reveled that it's The Wizard of Oz! :aaaaa:

IUG fucked around with this message at 20:35 on Jan 11, 2014

zimbomonkey
Jul 15, 2008

Tattoos? On MY black quarterback?
That was... completely unexpected.

Now I'm surprised they haven't done it already.

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

I'm looking forward to seeing whether the riff syncs up with Dark Side of the Moon.

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

thexerox123 posted:

I'm looking forward to seeing whether the riff syncs up with Dark Side of the Moon.

Strangely enough it syncs up with Superman by 3 Doors Down.

This must be along the same lines as the Casablanca riff.

PassTheRemote
Mar 15, 2007

Number 6 holds The Village record in Duck Hunt.

The first one to kill :laugh: wins.
I'm really looking forward to this one.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
I have never seen Wizard in its entirety in my life, so this should be interesting.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Mister Kingdom posted:

I have never seen Wizard in its entirety in my life
....why? :stare:

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away

It holds absolutely no appeal to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ensign_Ricky
Jan 4, 2008

Daddy Warlord
of the
Children of the Corn

or something...

Mister Kingdom posted:

It holds absolutely no appeal to me.

I get this. Yeah, Wizard's a classic film, but there's only so much "SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOMEWHEEEEEEEEEEEEERE OVERTHERAINBOW!!" a person can take in a lifetime. I mean, I've seen the movie all the way through, but not for years. My mom loves it, it's her favorite film of all time, but the riff is pretty much going to be the first time in years I've gone out of my way to watch it.

• Locked thread