Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
BUT MY LIVELIHOOD DEPENDS ON THE FORUMS!

Alan Smithee posted:

Yes. If you've ever worn a jumpsuit you know what it's like. Luckily much like onesies, I've only had to wear jumpsuits ironically

My friend literally got me this loving thing for Christmas. I honestly don't know what to think.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No butt flap, what's the point?

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
I know, that's exactly what I thought. That, and that it cost $60.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Electric Bugaloo posted:

My friend literally got me this loving thing for Christmas. I honestly don't know what to think.

You used a present tense and not past tense she referring to your friend, so there's at least one thing you need to do.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

No butt flap, what's the point?
A cracka roast in he own farts, a shameful cracka.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
No way this can be used for nefarious deeds!

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334995323/eshades-shades-for-smartphones-tablets-notebooks?ref=home_location

It sounds like the audio for the video was done underwater inside a submarine.

It has animated .gifs though!

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Jesus just wipe your phone on your shirt once in a while. And maybe wash your grimy hands.

Space Skeleton
Sep 28, 2004

Then I stumbled on someone pushing a book. Those are always kind of sad in a "they clearly think they are an amazing writer but really aren't" way but look at this guy:

Do you dare to journey... beyond The Uncertain Door?

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1174181112/do-you-dare-to-open-the-uncertain-door?ref=home_location

He doesn't even seem to really know what he's doing, like someone is forcing him to write a book and forcing him to make this kickstarter and it's all against his will.

Space Skeleton has a new favorite as of 04:37 on Jan 4, 2014

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

Wee Tinkle Wand posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/334995323/eshades-shades-for-smartphones-tablets-notebooks?ref=home_location

It sounds like the audio for the video was done underwater inside a submarine.

It has animated .gifs though!

I like the concept of a sun shade/privacy shield for your tablet or smartphone but having a separate contraption is a bit unnecessary. They could have gone with a protective case with wake-on-opening cover and build the sunshades INTO the cover. All you'd have to do is add some flip-out wings on the inside and you're set.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I want this to never use it.

Dank Fishbong
Jan 17, 2013

by XyloJW
8===================D~~~~~~~~

Dank Fishbong
Jan 17, 2013

by XyloJW
suck my dickstarter bitch

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Oh yes, with the "proper funds" he can write ~sophisticated bootloader software~ to allow us to RUN THINGS FROM A USB ON BOOTUP!

ps. Any idiot already knows how to do this without buying some walmart USB key some idiot diddled with

pps. Any properly designed security system won't let you boot from USB.

prahanormal
Mar 8, 2011

heya /

Dank Fishbong posted:

mods?

Powerful Two-Hander
Mar 10, 2004

Mods please change my name to "Tooter Skeleton" TIA.

If you've bought a pc from eBay and it has a non-wiped drive then it is probably also full of malware and viruses anyway.

Or worse.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*

Powerful Two-Hander posted:

If you've bought a pc from eBay and it has a non-wiped drive then it is probably also full of malware and viruses anyway.

Or worse.

Nothing makes my day better than seeing what other people have in the "family photos" folder.

Except literally everything else.

The Pirate Captain
Jun 6, 2006

Avast ye lubbers, lest ye be scuppered!

T-man posted:

Oh yes, with the "proper funds" he can write ~sophisticated bootloader software~ to allow us to RUN THINGS FROM A USB ON BOOTUP!

ps. Any idiot already knows how to do this without buying some walmart USB key some idiot diddled with

Yeah, there are dozens of free utilities that do this already that you can burn onto a CD or USB, including the bootloader. This guy is basically charging for a key-shaped USB drive.

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1913331604/the-final-battle-created-by-basil-j-vesvardes?ref=home_location
My favorite KS is back! This has to be some kind of viral scheme. Its got the same misspellings as last time.

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

Dank Fishbong posted:

Ahem, that was clearly a Dickfinisher sir.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

T-man posted:

ppps. If you have unrestricted physical access to a machine, breaking in is trivial.

Yeah that guy is literally charging money to put software that exists on usb keys that exist.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Zaphod42 posted:

ppps. If you have unrestricted physical access to a machine, breaking in is trivial.

Unless, you know, you use full-drive encryption.

100Dachshunds
Oct 11, 2009

GOCHARMSPRINGS
The campaign to put a statue of Satan on the OK capital has just surpassed its funding goal. $21,000 and rising!

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/put-a-satanic-monument-at-ok-capitol

They couldn't possibly have picked a better design. :3 You can see it in the video below.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ax9RR-5szNc

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

100Dachshunds posted:

The campaign to put a statue of Satan on the OK capital has just surpassed its funding goal. $21,000 and rising!

They couldn't possibly have picked a better design. :3 You can see it in the video below.

Artists' conceptions of His Infernal Majesty, Lucifer the Lightbringer.

...of SCIENCE!
Apr 26, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

100Dachshunds posted:

Satanists are obnoxious tryhards but whoever designed that monument did a pretty good job.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007
^This. It's pretty much the best possible rendition of the subject matter. I wanna sit in his lap.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

It's worth pointing out that the Church of Satan is actually an atheistic organization.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

It's worth pointing out that the Church of Satan is actually an atheistic organization.

What's your point- that they aren't obnoxious tryhards?

Or that they shouldn't be invoking freedom of religion as the grounds for this project?

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

No, just that it's not actually a Satanist organization like one might assume based on the name. Wtf. Ease up, champ.

I was explaining comments like this:

quote:

Satanists are obnoxious tryhards but whoever designed that monument did a pretty good job.
Because, you see, the monument wasn't designed by Satanists.

trilobite terror
Oct 20, 2007

Bad Munki posted:

No, just that it's not actually a Satanist organization like one might assume based on the name. Wtf. Ease up, champ.

Dude, all Satanist organizations are pretty much atheist at heart.

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Electric Bugaloo posted:

^This. It's pretty much the best possible rendition of the subject matter. I wanna sit in his lap.

"The statue will also have a functional purpose as a chair where people of all ages may sit on the lap of Satan for inspiration and contemplation."

Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/2014/01/07/4734433/heck-no-satanists-want-to-put.html#storylink=cpy

Fiendish Dr. Wu
Nov 11, 2010

You done fucked up now!

Rickycat posted:

I was introduced to steampunk through Thief/Thief 2. I thought it was so cool and a unique idea. Then a few years later I went on the internet and found all of the awkward steampunk disasters and horrible people that you can smell through your monitor.

A drat shame.

Goddamnit.

God.

drat.

It.

To this day I never put 2 and 2 together that the Thief games were steampunk, and I have fond memories playing through the whole series. Now those memories are completely ruined.

Opinion Haver
Apr 9, 2007

If you can't like a thing because it resembles something that people you dislike like then I don't know how you like anything at all.

Great Rumbler
Jan 30, 2013

For I am a dog, you see.

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Goddamnit.

God.

drat.

It.

To this day I never put 2 and 2 together that the Thief games were steampunk, and I have fond memories playing through the whole series. Now those memories are completely ruined.

So..uhh...you weren't tipped off by the fact that Thief 2 had crazy, steam-powered robots?

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Goddamnit.

God.

drat.

It.

That seems kinda dumb, honestly.

Ryaomon
Mar 19, 2007
Ask me about being a racist piece of shit with a racist gimmick

Bad Munki posted:

That's like saying it's worth pointing out the poo poo on my driveway is actually dog poo poo.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Ryaomon posted:

That's like saying it's worth pointing out the poo poo on my driveway is actually dog poo poo.
That's even dumber.

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Fiendish Dr. Wu posted:

Goddamnit.

God.

drat.

It.

It's almost like the Thief games set up an interesting world, and steampunk has more to give than cogs, and bad costumes. Do you hate sci-fi too because trekkies exist, or something?

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Electric Bugaloo posted:

What's your point- that they aren't obnoxious tryhards?

Or that they shouldn't be invoking freedom of religion as the grounds for this project?

Or maybe he was just pointing out how this is a dumb shock project that just makes whatever actual satanist groups exist (I loving assume?) look dumb by proxy so a bunch of internet atheists can smuggo with eachother about when they totally owned those Xtians by spending thousands of dollars to put a Cannibal Corpse stage design reject up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Tatum Girlparts posted:

Or maybe he was just pointing out how this is a dumb shock project that just makes whatever actual satanist groups exist (I loving assume?) look dumb by proxy so a bunch of internet atheists can smuggo with eachother about when they totally owned those Xtians by spending thousands of dollars to put a Cannibal Corpse stage design reject up.

There aren't actual satanist groups, they're all for trolling religious people.

The best objection to the statue is actually that it isn't freedom of religion because satanism isn't actually a religion.