Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Kea posted:

I suggest a 30 block (at least) trench all the way around murdertown.

The new goon thing is air filter minefields. So many gibbed pubbies. :black101:

TL;DR for all those words though: Goons need to stop placing staircases on the walls to get inside if they don't want to get mauled to death by a horde of zombies in the middle of the night. Not that it's not funny every time it happens though.

Archonex fucked around with this message at 23:01 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Kea posted:

Laos the zombie spawns from the crater have definately not stopped, the spawns are base on co-ordinates not the actual landmark itself.

Which sounds awesome. I sincerely hope the cover over the crater will dissolve the first time a pubbie walks over it, dropping them into a massive pit filled to the brim with zombies.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Some things about the materials system have me really confused. Either some materials dont stick to each other, or if you build high enough, nothing will stop stuff from collapsing if it isnt supported from directly underneath, or both? See the giant factory silos for example. First few levels it's fine, but near the top levels, anything that isnt directly on part of the core just collapses, from wooden plants to metal trussing.

Re: stolen spikes, why not use the tree tip spikes instead of the degradable stick spikes? Those last until chopped down rather than breaking easily.

Synthbuttrange fucked around with this message at 00:52 on Jan 8, 2014

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

kedo posted:

Which sounds awesome. I sincerely hope the cover over the crater will dissolve the first time a pubbie walks over it, dropping them into a massive pit filled to the brim with zombies.

You can also add/remove spawn points.

Cocoyofoo
Jun 6, 2006
Had a lot of fun on Archonex's server, I tried to get more screenshots but was too busy trying to live.

The only murderchurch 3.0 photo I have, sniper had pinned us inside at this point.

My first goonsplosion:

Aftermath

A Hardcore pubbie I came across when I had nothing, He was slowly scrapping the bridge. Cookies and I decided to speed up the process

Cookies has no aim

One of us spawned in some elaborate underground bunker and was killed, with the use of a few hundred TNT Cookies? managed to locate the shaft to bedrock. We opened it up for them, but left the shaft small main room with door untouched :D

30 Seconds in:

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Archonex posted:

Murdertown

I finished the outer wall and it's now almost entirely reinforced concrete, except for some of the old entrance area. I also reinforced the blocks under the wall where the mote is so that zombies don't sap through it. I had to take some of the mote out though since I didn't have time to reinforce it all and it was just a big weakness if left as it was. The zombies are still spawning in that crater and at the house across the street. I tried blowing up more of the pool next to the crater to flood it more completely but I kept getting overrun with zombies so I don't know how it turned out. That 222 hacker was on again and in Murdertown. He was rebuilding stuff when I left, but I wouldn't be surprised if the place is decimated by tomorrow.

edit: We could probably turn the crater into a fighting arena of some sort. When I went in, the zombies seemed to all spawn on top of each other in one spot. So we just even out the walls, line it with two layers of concrete and we could make a seating area up top. That way we can farm zombies or make pubbies go in and fight them with fists or sticks for our amusement.

Inkel fucked around with this message at 03:32 on Jan 8, 2014

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Inkel posted:

edit: We could probably turn the crater into a fighting arena of some sort. When I went in, the zombies seemed to all spawn on top of each other in one spot. So we just even out the walls, line it with two layers of concrete and we could make a seating area up top. That way we can farm zombies or make pubbies go in and fight them with fists or sticks for our amusement.

Lets put a bed in there!

Reirrac
Jun 6, 2011
Got mixed feelings about zeds in goontown. They are a great source of action and loot. Zeds are a renewable resource!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

If the zombies are spawning in predictable locations, just dig a 10 block drop all around them and harvest the bodies at the bottom.

Cocoyofoo
Jun 6, 2006

SynthOrange posted:

If the zombies are spawning in predictable locations, just dig a 10 block drop all around them and harvest the bodies at the bottom.

Would be the death trap for looters. What about a large walled off area that holds these spawn points, so you have some wiggle room.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Did everyone switch mumbles? Every time I've logged in lately the mumble channel has been basically empty.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Inkel posted:

The zombies are still spawning in that crater and at the house across the street. I tried blowing up more of the pool next to the crater to flood it more completely but I kept getting overrun with zombies so I don't know how it turned out. That 222 hacker was on again and in Murdertown. He was rebuilding stuff when I left, but I wouldn't be surprised if the place is decimated by tomorrow.

I made a backup of the world, so no big deal if he fucks it up via hacks.

Also, a zombie cage match arena would be excellent. Especially if we had some way to force pubbies into it.

quote:

Did everyone switch mumbles? Every time I've logged in lately the mumble channel has been basically empty.

A lot of goons don't seem to bother (And tend to get shot because of it. :unsmigghh:), but plenty of us are on. Around 3PM EST to 11PM EST is when most are on.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Hopefully when the real world building tools come out we can create a giant loving arena with only one spawn point in the center of the map. And then basically recreate the Ancient Roman gladiator games :unsmigghh:

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Yeah I sometimes plug in if there's a lot of goon activity, but otherwise I dont really feel like dragging out my headset. Plus the broken mumble overlay doesnt help much.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

So fun fact. 90 percent of all pubbies will backpedal reflexively if you put a mine in front of them. This will keep it from going off.

That's why you put one a step behind them. Goons aren't immune to this trick either. :unsmigghh:

This game has some great comedy potential. Playing with some of the goons is like palling around with the Three Stooges. Only they have chainsaws and high explosives.

Inkel
Feb 19, 2004

College Slice

Archonex posted:

This game has some great comedy potential. Playing with some of the goons is like palling around with the Three Stooges. Only they have chainsaws and high explosives.

This is very true. I was there with Pickles and Cookies yesterday on one of those "mining operations" into pubbie bases. I accidently trapped Pickles in a section of the base with a TNT stack. So my smart self decided I'll just dig him a walkway through the wall, so I take out my pickaxe and start hitting the wall. Totally didn't think about the TNT stack right next to the wall. The crater where both our bodies laid afterwards was glorious.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Inkel posted:

This is very true. I was there with Pickles and Cookies yesterday on one of those "mining operations" into pubbie bases. I accidently trapped Pickles in a section of the base with a TNT stack. So my smart self decided I'll just dig him a walkway through the wall, so I take out my pickaxe and start hitting the wall. Totally didn't think about the TNT stack right next to the wall. The crater where both our bodies laid afterwards was glorious.

First time I saw TNT I basically went "huh weird, that looks like tntn...IT IS tnt! *punch* *explode*"

Drakenel
Dec 2, 2008

The glow is a guide, my friend. Though it falls to you to avert catastrophe, you will never fight alone.
So there's a ton of holes in the eastern wall and most buildings minus the farm and mine entrance are leveled. Is this normal?

Poked around, found a couple of pubbies spooking around too.

Kea
Oct 5, 2007

Drakenel posted:

So there's a ton of holes in the eastern wall and most buildings minus the farm and mine entrance are leveled. Is this normal?

Poked around, found a couple of pubbies spooking around too.

Pubbies probably blew it up, it happens.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

That 222 guy was back on the server last night shortly before I logged off.

Icedude
Mar 30, 2004

Sometimes that stack of barrels in your inventory just calls to you

There used to be a small pubbie base there :allears:

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

e: never mind, I just splurged :v:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 07:45 on Jan 9, 2014

Cocoyofoo
Jun 6, 2006

Inkel posted:

That was gold, I was in that upstairs room and cookies called out saying "I think you blocked him in" both of us had confidence in your plan to mine me out. One of the best death screens I've ever seen.

Oh yeah I'm Pickles if people don't figure that out.

Archonex
May 2, 2012

Server crashed. Put it back up. Just wanted to give a heads up in the thread.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

Lost anything?

Archonex
May 2, 2012

SynthOrange posted:

Lost anything?

Not that I can tell. I'm trying to keep regular backups of the world though, so if anything is messed up and needs to be rolled back, let me know.

The game actually handles saving the world extremely well. Have yet to see any issues with it.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
So I clicked on a respawn point close to Goontown so when I started to starve to death, I had a closer run than from the desert.

I respawn into a giant concrete death pit with no exit. But it's raining zombies who die on the sharpened stumps. :allears:

Is there a place where I can stash my poo poo? I've found a lot of stuff scavenging on my way north and I don't want to lose it all :smith:

xutech
Mar 4, 2011

EIIST

Remember the evil underground ghoul statue from Fallout?

7 days should totally have one of those on every map to reward diggers.

Splode
Jun 18, 2013

put some clothes on you little freak

Mewnie posted:

So I clicked on a respawn point close to Goontown so when I started to starve to death, I had a closer run than from the desert.

I respawn into a giant concrete death pit with no exit. But it's raining zombies who die on the sharpened stumps. :allears:

Is there a place where I can stash my poo poo? I've found a lot of stuff scavenging on my way north and I don't want to lose it all :smith:

The best place I've found to stash poo poo is in my inventory. I log out and nobody can get to it.

If you're suffering from the bug where you lose your inventory when you log out, or if archonex deletes our player files when he does a reset (do you?), then I'd say your best bet is a storage chest dug a few blocks underground. Put it nearby*, but in the forest, and write yourself a treasure map so you can remember where it is. (Start at the -landmark-. 5 blocks north, 10 blocks east, dig.)
As long as you make sure nobody follows you, should be safe as houses.

*on the goon server, you're going to want to put it in one of the regions that doesn't get deleted during a server reset. There's a map of the regions, put it inside the region that goontown is in (I believe some of the forest is saved along with goontown).

HTH!

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

So I've been hopping on other servers to see what's out there and there's this guy running a server called TOP something, with a slight modification to zombie spawning.

Mewnie
Apr 2, 2011

clean dogge
is a
happy dogge
poo poo, 222 is at it again. Just watched him run by at superspeed and punch rocks in one hit.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Goons must have seriously pissed off 222 in some game in the past.

SynthOrange posted:

So I've been hopping on other servers to see what's out there and there's this guy running a server called TOP something, with a slight modification to zombie spawning.

That looks like fun, if you can find somewhere safe to shoot from or had guns that didn't wear out so quick.

Bright Future
Oct 9, 2007

[let's] fuck that crazy-ass robot
How easy is it to change to spawn rates?

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
God drat I love the sledge hammer. Sprint up and bomp. I wish the hotbar was bigger though, I like to have 2 longbarrel shotguns (when 1 runs out in a firefight I swap to the 2nd one), an axe, a pick, some food, water, and healing item, plus a stack of stone plus shotgun ammo. That doesn't leave room for anything else.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

QwertySanchez posted:

Goons must have seriously pissed off 222 in some game in the past.

That looks like fun, if you can find somewhere safe to shoot from or had guns that didn't wear out so quick.

The funny thing is that in those densities they started tripping each other up as they shoved each other back and forth trying to get to me and i ws able to safely evade them.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Makes me want a boiling oil mod to drop from above.

QwertySanchez
Jun 19, 2009

a wacky guy
Hot oil? deep fried zombies must smell horrific. Maybe some mounted miniguns or even a flamethrower. Speaking of I hope they make fire soon. I wanna burn down wooden things.

edit: lava/hot oil pumps. boatmurdered.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

How do you change the spawn rate anyhow?

bad boys for life
Jun 6, 2003

by sebmojo

Ak Gara posted:

How do you change the spawn rate anyhow?

Wish I knew this, finally got a dedicated windows server setup and want to greatly increase the difficulty.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I found a chainsaw and it was glorious!

Then it ran out of petrol and the horde responded quickly.