Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

WhiskeyPete
Jan 9, 2013

by XyloJW
Please educate me on how this is possible.
Null Byte's gif appears to be 146x377 (http://i.imgur.com/YMKHqhy.gif)
When opened in a gif editor, its appears to be 125x125 (http://i.imgur.com/xZyORjZ.png)
When the frames are split, it shows only one 125x125 frame (http://i.imgur.com/MZyCxQW.gif)

How the hell is this possible? Someone please tell me...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

WhiskeyPete posted:

Please educate me on how this is possible.
Null Byte's gif appears to be 146x377 (http://i.imgur.com/YMKHqhy.gif)
When opened in a gif editor, its appears to be 125x125 (http://i.imgur.com/xZyORjZ.png)
When the frames are split, it shows only one 125x125 frame (http://i.imgur.com/MZyCxQW.gif)

How the hell is this possible? Someone please tell me...

There's some technique you can use to make True Color GIFs. The file is probably built on a similar principle. Many frames with independent palettes are supported by the format.

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
It's an abuse of the GIF specification. Basically, the image header says it's 125x125, but it contains a 146x377 frame at 0x0. This is undefined behavior, so different viewers will view it differently. Firefox crops it to 125x125. Chrome/WebKit show it at 146x377. Photoshop crops it to 125x125. The Windows preview shows it at 146x377.

My own GIF viewer crops it to 125x125.

The source code to Chrome/WebKit says that it's a workaround for old GIF87a images that contain weird sizes in the images, and that no test images were found that actually have animations.

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/platform/image-decoders/gif/GIFImageReader.cpp#L655

Suspicious Dish fucked around with this message at 06:51 on Jan 3, 2014

WhiskeyPete
Jan 9, 2013

by XyloJW

Suspicious Dish posted:

It's an abuse of the GIF specification. Basically, the image header says it's 125x125, but it contains a 146x377 frame at 0x0. This is undefined behavior, so different viewers will view it differently. Firefox crops it to 125x125. Chrome/WebKit show it at 146x377. Photoshop crops it to 125x125. The Windows preview shows it at 146x377.

My own GIF viewer crops it to 125x125.

The source code to Chrome/WebKit says that it's a workaround for old GIF87a images that contain weird sizes in the images, and that no test images were found that actually have animations.

http://trac.webkit.org/browser/trunk/Source/WebCore/platform/image-decoders/gif/GIFImageReader.cpp#L655

Thanks so much for the detailed response. Would there be any way to replicate this? As in, copy the header and use it in a different image? If so, would I need any type of software for that?

Suspicious Dish
Sep 24, 2011

2020 is the year of linux on the desktop, bro
Fun Shoe
Ask Null Byte how he did it. I'd simply use a hex editor along with the GIF87a specification, and modify the image header myself.

blugbee
Mar 1, 2004
hi c-fut
This is a bit off topic but does anyone have any recommended readings on how to properly configure, deploy and tune web servers/databases? I've developed an intranet based web application that has to be deployed on site in many different locations but I only have coding experience. I have the freedom to install it on any hardware I see fit.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Anyone aware of a image sprite tool that'll output SASS mixins? Compass apparently does something similar, but I don't want to introduce an entirely new framework into my project just for easy sprite generation.

Glue is the closest I've found, but it only outputs CSS classes and it'll be a pain in the rear end to change them all to mixins.

e:

Bognar posted:

My opinion on Back links is the same as Cancel links: they can all die in a fire. Users know what their browser back button does, but they don't know for sure what your buttons do. Unfortunately, I don't have any numbers to back that up, but I remember reading some Nielsen usability write-ups about back/cancel button usage that led me to my current views.

http://www.nngroup.com/articles/reset-and-cancel-buttons/
http://www.nngroup.com/articles/the-top-ten-web-design-mistakes-of-1999/

By the way thanks for this!

kedo fucked around with this message at 17:44 on Jan 3, 2014

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.

kedo posted:

Anyone aware of a image sprite tool that'll output SASS mixins? Compass apparently does something similar, but I don't want to introduce an entirely new framework into my project just for easy sprite generation.

Glue is the closest I've found, but it only outputs CSS classes and it'll be a pain in the rear end to change them all to mixins.

e:

By the way thanks for this!

Failing that you could use @extend instead, which will be essentially the same thing with the added bonus of not repeating all the CSS lines, only expanding the selector.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
I'm trying to wean myself off Twitter Bootstrap.

Is there something like Initializr which explains why each thing is in there and what it's doing? I'm not ready to write everything from scratch, but I'm also sick of looking at code and going "welp, I guess that's important, I better leave it alone". I want to make a site and understand exactly what's happening with every bit of code.

RobertKerans
Aug 25, 2006

There is a heppy lend
Fur, fur aw-a-a-ay.

Not terribly scientific, but it works and forces you to actually learn why things are there, and what depends on what: set up a folder with a test page (containing exactly what want to achieve in HTML form) + grunt with livereload and less plugins. Grab an uncompiled copy of the bootstrap less files, then add them bit by bit to your project folder, compiling to CSS as you go. The terminal will scream at you at first, and you'll be forced to either write substitutions or locate the dependency and understand why it's there. Not the greatest method in the world, but it does work.

glompix
Jan 19, 2004

propane grill-pilled

RobertKerans posted:

Not terribly scientific, but it works and forces you to actually learn why things are there, and what depends on what: set up a folder with a test page (containing exactly what want to achieve in HTML form) + grunt with livereload and less plugins. Grab an uncompiled copy of the bootstrap less files, then add them bit by bit to your project folder, compiling to CSS as you go. The terminal will scream at you at first, and you'll be forced to either write substitutions or locate the dependency and understand why it's there. Not the greatest method in the world, but it does work.

Agreed. The key concepts are "use the LESS source" and "don't pull the library's CSS in wholesale." I hear LESS isn't the ideal CSS preprocessor, but it works for what I'm doing right now and it's really the best way to work with Bootstrap. I haven't used grunt and just drop less.js into my page at first since it's easy to get started and easy to debug.

fuf
Sep 12, 2004

haha
Thanks for the responses.

I decided to take the plunge and just start building from scratch. I'm borrowing stuff from bootstrap and html5 boilerplate but only when I have a reason to and only when I understand what it's doing.

I'm used to using grunt (and grunt-watch) to compile LESS, but never used livereload before - pretty handy!

What's the issue with LESS compared to other preprocessors? (I guess SASS?) I'm using it just because I'm familiar with it from bootstrap but if there's a good reason to switch then now is probably the time I should do it.

RobertKerans
Aug 25, 2006

There is a heppy lend
Fur, fur aw-a-a-ay.

fuf posted:

I'm used to using grunt (and grunt-watch) to compile LESS, but never used livereload before - pretty handy!

What's the issue with LESS compared to other preprocessors? (I guess SASS?) I'm using it just because I'm familiar with it from bootstrap but if there's a good reason to switch then now is probably the time I should do it.

Livereload is awesome, and you can use the browser plugin to avoid having to physically add the code to your HTML which is cool.

On LESS vs Sass/SCSS/Stylus, LESS is a lot more limited. I use Stylus mainly and I really couldn't go back to LESS, it just feels like a toy. Try the Codeschool Sass course if you can, it seems a pretty useful overview of the capabilities. Stylus is better, imo, but that's just personal bias and what fits into my workflow best (though I just started at a new job and all the work is ruby based, so I'm having to switch to SCSS).

EDIT: the reason for suggesting grunt via the terminal (or codekit or whatever) is to get line-specific feedback on problems, missing dependencies etc. Just useful: just less.js in the head works, it's just not as useful for learning

RobertKerans fucked around with this message at 19:38 on Jan 6, 2014

raej
Sep 25, 2003

"Being drunk is the worst feeling of all. Except for all those other feelings."
Does anyone have experience setting up Dokku on Digital Ocean and specifically deploying from GitHub directly to a Dokku droplet?

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008

raej posted:

Does anyone have experience setting up Dokku on Digital Ocean and specifically deploying from GitHub directly to a Dokku droplet?

I've used https://travis-ci.org to automatically build and deploy to heroku, and according to the Dokku docs the process is pretty much the same. It's only free for open source projects though.

Sudden Infant Def Syndrome
Oct 2, 2004

I will be building an online store for my company. I've never taken on something like this before, is there a good starting place to start looking around?

The guy leading the push for the store is really pushing for Magento because this is what someone told him about. Would this be worth looking into further?

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

fuf posted:

Thanks for the responses.

I decided to take the plunge and just start building from scratch. I'm borrowing stuff from bootstrap and html5 boilerplate but only when I have a reason to and only when I understand what it's doing.

If you like LESS, and it does what you want, then use LESS. If SASS does something you need that LESS doesn't switch. I use LESS because it was around first (I think, maybe I was unaware of the other one) and still do because I haven't had a reason to switch.

Munkeymon
Aug 14, 2003

Motherfucker's got an
armor-piercing crowbar! Rigoddamndicu𝜆ous.

You know how when you use a video element and remove the native controls in order to make your own there's still a play button built into the element that pops up after a video finishes? Is there a way to get rid of that stupid thing without hiding the video element entirely? It's clashing with my style :colbert:

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Well I have a minor crisis and could use ideas. It looks like Google has blacklisted my company's server IP due to spam. Judging by the mail logs, there doesn't seem to be any suspicious activity going on, but there are a lot of A) spammers filling out contact forms and B) automated messages being sent by WordPress, both of which often end up in spam folders.

My issue is that we host a bunch of client websites, and now anything on their sites that relies on email is non-functional. I've already taken steps to try to get our IP taken off the blacklist, but in the meantime is there anything I can do barring moving every single site onto a different server? My main concern is contact forms... I don't really care too much if WordPress can't send emails for a little while.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

http://multirbl.valli.org/ will give you a good idea of all the blacklists you're on, if you don't know this already.

Starting up a new server depends on volume. Email deliverability is always more of an art than a science, but you need to "warm" email sending IPs. If all of a sudden ESPs see a million messages from a brand new IP, they're gonna blacklist you pretty quick. If its a few hundred, low thousands of email per day, you're most likely cool. Otherwise, you're gonna have slowly ramp (maybe give your new server like 20% of traffic, the old server the other 80%).

You can probably get up and going with MailGun pretty quick. They have an SMTP interface in addition to their API.

I've got it worse than you do, I'm sure. I work at an marketing company, and we get people marking us as spam all the time, even when they've signed up with us. Hell, when I worked at an e-retailer, people would send us flaming "gently caress OFF AND DIE" emails, report us to all the ISPs, even when they had signed up for our site, asked to get coupons, purchased products from us!

(But what do you mean spammers are filling out contact forms? Like your system sends messages on behalf of other people? That is kinda crazy and I'd think unworkable in this modern world of SPF and DKIM. I'm not seeing how you're associated with spammers. If your system is sending out a million "Please moderate this thread" wordpress messages, that would maybe make a little more sense)

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
Did you guys have something like SPF set up?

Maybe try switching to something like Amazon SES for your email sending needs?

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Thanks for the replies!

ManoliIsFat posted:

http://multirbl.valli.org/ will give you a good idea of all the blacklists you're on, if you don't know this already.

Awesome tool. We're only blacklisted on 3 services there, but I know for a fact we're blacklisted by Google because I've seen bounced messages saying so.

ManoliIsFat posted:

(But what do you mean spammers are filling out contact forms? Like your system sends messages on behalf of other people? That is kinda crazy and I'd think unworkable in this modern world of SPF and DKIM. I'm not seeing how you're associated with spammers. If your system is sending out a million "Please moderate this thread" wordpress messages, that would maybe make a little more sense)

I'm talking about basic PHP driven contact forms on websites, which lots of spam bots target. Clients hate captchas and would rather deal with spam, and I didn't even consider we'd ever get blacklisted so I've foolishly created half a dozen or so contact forms across various websites that probably receive somewhere between 0-50 spam messages per day compared to one or two legitimate messages.

And yes, you've got the whole WordPress angle – spam bots also love spamming comments and Akismet doesn't catch all of them, so WordPress sends a crapload of moderation messages which end up looking like spam because they're filled with spammer gibberish. I just went in and disabled all of those, though, so hopefully that problem is solved.

fletcher posted:

Did you guys have something like SPF set up?

No clue though after reading up on it a bit I think not...? We have a dedicated virtual Media Temple server, but it sounds like this is all done on the DNS level. I'm not in direct control of most of our client's domain names, so I'm unsure if I could even do this?

e: Whoa... just sent a test message from the server (they were bouncing yesterday), and it worked today. That's some super speedy work from Google based on my experience! However the bad news is that it showed up in spam, of course.

Sounds like I need to look into Amazon SES or something. If anyone has an idiot's guide, that'd be super helpful. Email is black magic as far as I'm concerned an this is all way over my head. I'm mainly working with PHP mailers and WordPress plugins a la Contact Form 7 and whatnot, but I'd prefer to have some sort of server level solution that'll work for email across all the domains we host. But that's way out of my league.

kedo fucked around with this message at 23:15 on Jan 7, 2014

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

kedo posted:

Awesome tool. We're only blacklisted on 3 services there, but I know for a fact we're blacklisted by Google because I've seen bounced messages saying so.
Yep, always keep an eye on that. In postfix or whatever, you'll usually find that when your queue backs up to certain domains. You'll set up a nagios check for this when you get really fancy. But it happens in the normal course of email operations. "Oh yahoo/aol/comcast is blocking us today".

quote:

I'm talking about basic PHP driven contact forms on websites, which lots of spam bots target. Clients hate captchas and would rather deal with spam, and I didn't even consider we'd ever get blacklisted so I've foolishly created half a dozen or so contact forms across various websites that probably receive somewhere between 0-50 spam messages per day compared to one or two legitimate messages.
Well that shouldn't get you blacklisted, receiving email from spammers. As long as you don't forge a FROM header or something, have it always coming from "web-forms@yourdomain.com", that shouldn't be a problem. Unless your clients are marking those messages as spam, that could get you blacklisted. But as long as you have an unsub link and a List-Unsubscribe header on all your emails, google shouldn't blacklist you. (As I write this, I realize this is a bunch to take in from a dude who seems like he just wants his loving emails to get through. )

quote:

And yes, you've got the whole WordPress angle – spam bots also love spamming comments and Akismet doesn't catch all of them, so WordPress sends a crapload of moderation messages which end up looking like spam because they're filled with spammer gibberish. I just went in and disabled all of those, though, so hopefully that problem is solved.
Hmmm, that's interesting. You're being marked as spam not because your IPs are known to send spam and have been marked as spam, but that you send "spammy" kinda messages that barracuda or something similar would eat up.

quote:

e: Whoa... just sent a test message from the server (they were bouncing yesterday), and it worked today. That's some super speedy work from Google based on my experience! However the bad news is that it showed up in spam, of course.
Go in to that message in gmail, and next to the reply button, hit the arrow button and click "Show Original" and post those headers. That may give us some clues as to what's going on.

quote:

Sounds like I need to look into Amazon SES or something. If anyone has an idiot's guide, that'd be super helpful. Email is black magic as far as I'm concerned an this is all way over my head. I'm mainly working with PHP mailers and WordPress plugins a la Contact Form 7 and whatnot, but I'd prefer to have some sort of server level solution that'll work for email across all the domains we host. But that's way out of my league.
Ya, that sounds like a situation that's gonna need a little bit of work. You're a hosting company or sometihng? How much control do you have over these domains that you're running wordpress on? Do you happen to know your email volume? How many domains? You run all the DNS? That'll help tailor an answer, if you have to go whole hog and get your own postfix server set up, or if you can use one of these shiny new "email as a service" providers.

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 00:03 on Jan 8, 2014

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008
Sendgrid is pretty awesome and has wordpress integration with fancy analytics.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

ManoliIsFat posted:

Well that shouldn't get you blacklisted, receiving email from spammers. As long as you don't forge a FROM header or something, have it always coming from "web-forms@yourdomain.com", that shouldn't be a problem. Unless your clients are marking those messages as spam, that could get you blacklisted. But as long as you have an unsub link and a List-Unsubscribe header on all your emails, google shouldn't blacklist you. (As I write this, I realize this is a bunch to take in from a dude who seems like he just wants his loving emails to get through. )

Eh, well I guess we do forge headers. Generally both my custom contact forms and WordPress plugin driven contact forms will send emails with [whatever email address user input] in the FROM header. Also I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if clients are getting form spam submissions and marking them as spam. :doh: In fact, I found this in the headers of the successful email:

code:
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of
[email]admin@ripeserver.com[/email] designates 205.186.140.238 as permitted sender) client-ip=205.186.140.238;
Guess changing the from address on all my forums might be a good solution.

ManoliIsFat posted:

You're a hosting company or sometihng? How much control do you have over these domains that you're running wordpress on? Do you happen to know your email volume? How many domains? You run all the DNS? That'll help tailor an answer, if you have to go whole hog and get your own postfix server set up, or if you can use one of these shiny new "email as a service" providers.

Design firm that hosts a few small clients just to make things easier (I am now seriously second guessing that idea). No clue on volume, ~20 domains, we do not run the DNS for any of them but or own.

Oh My Science posted:

Sendgrid is pretty awesome and has wordpress integration with fancy analytics.

That does seem pretty awesome and I may need to check it out.

ManoliIsFat
Oct 4, 2002

kedo posted:

Eh, well I guess we do forge headers. Generally both my custom contact forms and WordPress plugin driven contact forms will send emails with [whatever email address user input] in the FROM header. Also I wouldn't be surprised in the slightest if clients are getting form spam submissions and marking them as spam. :doh: In fact, I found this in the headers of the successful email:
That is actually a huge no-no. Having a form online where just anyone can put in a from address is the same as running an open relay, and just should not be done and is probably why you got blacklisted. More blacklist reading: SORBS

kedo posted:

In fact, I found this in the headers of the successful email:

code:
Received-SPF: pass (google.com: best guess record for domain of
[email]admin@ripeserver.com[/email] designates 205.186.140.238 as permitted sender) client-ip=205.186.140.238;
That's actually totally routine, just saying the IP sending that email is allowed to based on your SPF record (or lack thereof, they pass it if the record is missing on the domain). http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sender_Policy_Framework

ManoliIsFat fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 8, 2014

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008

kedo posted:

That does seem pretty awesome and I may need to check it out.

Just out of curiosity are all the sites WordPress installs?

Heskie
Aug 10, 2002
I'd recommend taking a look at http://www.mail-tester.com/ too.

You send an email to a generated mailbox, and it'll tell you if you're missing anything in your setup (like SPF/DKIM) that would cause your emails to be marked as spam.

Its really simple and helped me a ton when I was setting up my VPS.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Oh My Science posted:

Just out of curiosity are all the sites WordPress installs?

Nah. About half of them are WP installs, half are more or less static with no CMS. The latter are a little trickier to fix because they use a range of either open source, custom coded or super-ghetto-old-school PHP mailer scripts.

Heskie posted:

I'd recommend taking a look at http://www.mail-tester.com/ too.

Also awesome, thanks!

I think my first step today is going to be adjusting all of the FROM headers to see if that has a noticeable impact. Then I'll probably look into something like Sendgrid. I'm also thinking it's high time we get out of the hosting business because quite frankly it's been more trouble than it's worth. That'll involve some fun conversations with clients!

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

Totally unrelated, but the NY Times redesigned. Pretty nice. However I found this page which talks about the redesign amusing. Specifically:

NY Times posted:

Stay on topic with our story scroll.

Our journalists strive to bring you the definitive stories and now you can read them in a single scroll from top to bottom, without having to click to continue.

No longer forcing people to click through multiple pages to get more ad views is ground breaking stuff, guys.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

kedo posted:

No longer forcing people to click through multiple pages to get more ad views is ground breaking stuff, guys.

You have clearly never worked for old media.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo

kedo posted:

Totally unrelated, but the NY Times redesigned. Pretty nice. However I found this page which talks about the redesign amusing.

The difference between the 2007 and the 2012 screenshots under the "Timeline" section is hilarious.

substitute
Aug 30, 2003

you for my mum
sperglord warning

On the NY Times announcement page, I like the static hamburger icon with an off-canvas menu for smaller viewports. Though I don't like it in Firefox on my Nexus 7, because the icon doesn't work. So if that menu was filled with important links, instead of just page anchors, this would completely suck. It works in Chrome on the Nexus.

Also, if you take a look at one of their example articles using the new design - which is different from the announcement page design - the page isn't responsive past 768px. If you're on a "mobile" device (based on User Agent it seems), you're forwarded to mobile.nytimes.com/<the-article>.

http://nytimes.com/2014/01/08/opinion/dowd-beautifying-abbey-road.html

I think that is perpetuating an outdated design choice. The modern "mobile first" philosophy would have the mobile.nytimes.com layout be the base layout for the site, and then enhance from there as the screen size grows / device capability expands.

So even though my Nexus 7 is capable of 1920 x 1200, since it is a "mobile" device, I can't take advantage of an enhanced layout. Good going NY Times.

Oh My Science
Dec 29, 2008
It seems odd to me that the homepage doesn't scale below 968px. I also have mixed feeling's about the off-canvas menu, and would prefer one that pushed content instead of the overlay they have going.

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

I was chatting about this with someone earlier and we thought a lot of their decisions could possibly be chalked up to the Times wanting people to pay for content on device-specific apps. I can't really come up with a good reason why a site released in 2014 would have next to zero responsiveness.

Despite its failings it's still nicer than it was before! :unsmith: I want to steal their typeface.

Kobayashi
Aug 13, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
In 2014, the NY Times does not serve a retina version of their logo.

pipes!
Jul 10, 2001
Nap Ghost

Kobayashi posted:

In 2014, the NY Times does not serve a retina version of their logo.

I was just talking about this sort of stuff with a coworker. They're also using static values for margins and padding, which makes resizing really nasty. Their dev teams are clearly aware of this sort of stuff, so I'm wondering what organizational barriers caused this version to get shipped.

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice

pipes! posted:

I'm wondering what organizational barriers caused this version to get shipped.

If it's like every other organization on the earth, it's "OK Devs, we have a new project: here's the deadline. Now let's take a look at what we're supposed to make!"

fletcher
Jun 27, 2003

ken park is my favorite movie

Cybernetic Crumb
What's a good way to handle stuff that was in the title attribute on mobile devices?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

205b
Mar 25, 2007

CSS3 flexbox question for you guys: I've got a flex container with two items in it. As the container scales horizontally from 1280px to 768px, I want the items to scale from 768px/512px to 512px/256px. Since both elements shrink by 256px, I figured giving them both a flex-shrink value of 1 would work:

CSS code:
/* vendor prefixes omitted for clarity */

div.column.primary {
    flex: 0 1 768px;
}

div.column.secondary {
    flex: 0 1 512px;
}
Unfortunately, it didn't. The stylesheet below gives me the desired behavior, but I'd like to know where this (25/39) factor is coming from.

CSS code:
div.column.primary {
    flex: 0 25 768px;
}

div.column.secondary {
    flex: 0 39 512px;
}
Edit: So the w3 spec says that flex-shrink is multiplied by flex-basis when distributing negative free space. When I give the primary/secondary columns shrink factors of 2 and 3 respectively, it's a lot closer, but still off. I'm gonna go do some cross-browser testing to see if this is just Safari acting up.

205b fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 9, 2014