Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Dicky B
Mar 23, 2004

What is the name of that one on Food Network I keep drunkenly stumbling upon at 1 in the morning featuring the female presenter with an exaggerated Italian American accent who intersperses cake recipes with faux relationship advice and says things like "now throw it all in the bowl and whip that poo poo up"? That's the best one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side

Pissflaps posted:

1. Bakeoff
2. Supersizers

I think that's about it I cant think of any more that id consider worth mentioning theyre all much of a muchness.

If anyone would like to hear my conspiracy theory about Food and Drink's 90s presenter Chris Kelly then please, just ask.

edit: i've also got one about dale winton

I'm interested in the Dale Winton one

The one with the Italian American woman is Bitchin' Kitchen with Nadia G. Someone I know swears it is absolutely hilarious once you get into it but I'm yet to be convinced. Also her accent is actually Italian-French-Canadian I think, it's absolutely bizarre

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Paperhouse posted:

I'm interested in the Dale Winton one

He's secretly straight.

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
Could you elaborate?

Thrifting Day!
Nov 25, 2006

I think they should do a British version of "Cake Boss" . The host could be one of the 65 year old women, who hate children and men and who work the counter of every local bakers in the uk

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Total Meatlove posted:

you should look on a girl called jacks blog

I like her and think she's quite cute OP.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Paperhouse posted:

Could you elaborate?

Because one day in the 90s, from out of nowhere, this orange supercamp guy appeared and took over the TV and started rattling his shopping trollies. I think he decided to adopt a gay demeanor to achieve televisual success.

And fair play to him, I'd do the same.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Pissflaps posted:

Because one day in the 90s, from out of nowhere, this orange supercamp guy appeared and took over the TV and started rattling his shopping trollies. I think he decided to adopt a gay demeanor to achieve televisual success.

Graham Norton did the same. Straight as anything on Father Ted and then suddenly "poof!".

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Official Manchester United Posting Partner 2015/16
Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Are you saying that in order to get some more notoriety and fame you'd don a gay persona?

Prism Mirror Lens
Oct 9, 2012

~*"The most intelligent and meaning-rich film he could think of was Shaun of the Dead, I don't think either brain is going to absorb anything you post."*~

:chord:
There was a really great cooking show called something like "Britain's Worst Cooks" where they had to throw out one dish because they'd washed the salad in the same water they'd defrosted a chicken in or something equally disgusting, it was brilliant. I'd like more programmes about absolutely incompetent people being bad at things. Worst British Bakeoff. Worst Portrait Artist of the Year. Britain's Worst Model. (And bring back Watercolour Challenge!!)

Paperhouse
Dec 31, 2008

I think
your hair
looks much
better
pushed
over to
one side
I'd like that. My favourite bits in the bakeoff are where they get it disastrously wrong, it's glorious. I watched a bit of the Australian one and this one bit where the guy's huge cake is literally crumbling to pieces in his hands as he tried to move it had me in stitches

Gyro Zeppeli
Jul 19, 2012

sure hope no-one throws me off a bridge

Yeah, gently caress putting people who are good at things on TV, that's not that entertaining. I want to see someone blindfolded trying to make meringue or having someone try and make a full meal in less than 5 minutes. I would sit and watch that for DAYS.

Gyro Zeppeli fucked around with this message at 18:42 on Jan 8, 2014

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
'Cake in the Community'. Twelve enthusiastic bakers with learning difficulties must bake for a panel of celebrity judges. But will they remember to wash their hands?

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car
This week is the 50th anniversary of top of the pops, unlike dr whos 50th looks like the beeb are downplaying it for obvious nonce related reasons.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
Maybe its cause Fearne Cotton is awful

Total Meatlove
Jan 28, 2007

:japan:
Rangers died, shoujo Hitler cried ;_;

Taff posted:

Fearne Cotton is brilliant what are you on about?

Doug Sisk
Sep 11, 2001
While we're in cooking show territory, I will have to agree that the Australian Masterchef is much better than the English one. They don't have any of that ridiculous "cooking doesn't get tougher than this" bullshit and everyone seems to actually like each other. Australian Masterchef the Professionals started Monday at 7 and is on daily if you're interested, not sure how this one compares yet though.
We do need an English version of Chopped though.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

Fire_Monkey posted:

Australian Masterchef the Professionals started Monday at 7 and is on daily if you're interested, not sure how this one compares yet though.

Lots of Marco Pierre White squinting and looking mean, but other than that it's exactly the same as the normal one only with professionals of varying skill.

not not luvd
Nov 17, 2006

My Arse!

Total Meatlove posted:

Nah she's a terrible human being and this is from someone who watched her get her first job on Diggit.

Irisi
Feb 18, 2009

Pissflaps posted:

'Cake in the Community'. Twelve enthusiastic bakers with learning difficulties must bake for a panel of celebrity judges. But will they remember to wash their hands?

Swear to god, I think I read that something along these lines is part of Channel 4s' summer lineup. Pissflaps, are you a terrestrial TV commissioning body?

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Total Meatlove posted:

Fearne Cotton is the single most annoying thing on TV, especially when she tries to play up to her character. I still get a bit mad when I think about how I used to listen to Jo Whiley over lunch and she got replaced by Fearne Cotton

this is the best thing Fearne Cotton has ever been on

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X-OatBpJq3E

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Posing for a lad mag is probably the best thing Fearne has done, if only because you can't hear her talk.

Ponce de Le0n
Jul 6, 2008

Father jailed for beating 3 kids after they wouldn't say who farted in his car

Taff posted:

I still get a bit mad when I think about how I used to listen to Jo Whiley over lunch and she got replaced by Fearne Cotton

Mad enough to leave her threatening messages?

quote:

It was reported in the press[33] on 21 July 2009, that whilst presenting the Radio 1 Chart Show two days previously Cotton had been the target of threatening text messages. These messages had been sent via the station's listener SMS service and seem to relate to Cotton taking over Jo Whiley's show.

honestly didn't realise jo whileys fanbase was that rabid

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

Taff posted:

I think he was implying Fearne Cotton is a nonce.

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

I honestly didn't know Jo Whiley had a fanbase.

Pablo Bluth
Sep 7, 2007

I've made a huge mistake.
Rabies would be a useful condition for appreciating either Jo or Fearne.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Gorn Myson posted:

I honestly didn't know Jo Whiley had a fanbase.

Me neither.

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Irisi posted:

I caught it, yup. It was awfully good, the cinematography was stunning, without being overly flashy, and the plot seems solid. Plus, Saga attempting to behave like an standard human being was both amusing and rather touching. I like how she's still appallingly blunt around Martin though, and he's just so very grateful for it, given how everyone is is treating him like he's made of glass.

I think that the eco-terrorists must have another plotter behind them, at least two of them are pitifully naive and we've been given way too much info on them all so early on in the series for them to be anything other than red herrings or fall guys for another group or person. Perhaps the bee-keeping owner of the boat is involved? Or perhaps we'll be seeing more of the Truth Terrorist from series 1. He was properly creepy

Yeah as in the last series it is gorgeous to watch and feels so well made.

Yeah that's what I'm hoping. Maybe like some kind of industry financed backer, as in the ep the news showed that the pharma companies did well from the plague panic.

Xachariah
Jul 26, 2004

Eboracum posted:

Nah she's a terrible human being and this is from someone who watched her get her first job on Diggit.

What did hell she do to make her a terrible human being? :confused:

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches
I wasnt a Jo Whiley by any means but her show was good to listen to at lunch time as she mainly played music and ocasionally had a decent live lounge guest who would do a half decent cover, like Arctic Monkeys doing Love Machine.

Fearne Cotton spent most of her show being Fearne Cotton

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
Jo Whiley is awful. She's just somebody's boring mam with a microphone. I bet your mam could do a better job actually Taff tell a few stories.

The Big Taff Man
Nov 22, 2005

Fan of Britches

Pissflaps posted:

Jo Whiley is awful. She's just somebody's boring mam with a microphone. I bet your mam could do a better job actually Taff tell a few stories.

She just used to play music thats what I liked, its not like Ive now followed her career and now record her shows on Radio 2 and have a tshirt with "Jo whileys No1 Fan" on it.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames

Taff posted:

She just used to play music thats what I liked, its not like Ive now followed her career and now record her shows on Radio 2 and have a tshirt with "Jo whileys No1 Fan" on it.

She's bollocks. Move on and grow up.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

I've been really confused as to why the girl who presents 10 O'Clock Live ever had any fans and then I googled her only to find out Jo Whiley is someone even further down my ladder of recognition. loving hell.

Generally speaking is someone vanishes into a loving nether-realm when their first gig ends they probably didn't have much going for them.

Pissflaps posted:

She's bollocks. Move on and grow up.

This seems a little harsh though Pissflaps.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Cooking shows and Jo Whiley? Thought this thread was for discussing fine British television like Are You Being Served? and Coming of Age. Go on, on yer bike the lot of you.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rarity posted:

Cooking shows and Jo Whiley? Thought this thread was for discussing fine British television like Are You Being Served? and Coming of Age. Go on, on yer bike the lot of you.

Are you STILL being served?

Coming Soon. I guarantee it.

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
STILL on the buses, with Ricky Gervais.

Strom Cuzewon
Jul 1, 2010

PriorMarcus posted:

I've been really confused as to why the girl who presents 10 O'Clock Live ever had any fans and then I googled her only to find out Jo Whiley is someone even further down my ladder of recognition. loving hell.

Generally speaking is someone vanishes into a loving nether-realm when their first gig ends they probably didn't have much going for them.

This seems a little harsh though Pissflaps.

I like Lauren Laverne. She's not stungingly witty or anything, but the bit with her sexually harassing Brooker was brilliant.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~

PriorMarcus posted:

Are you STILL being served?

Coming Soon. I guarantee it.

To fit with the modern times, the old lady will have named her cat Gash

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

Rarity posted:

To fit with the modern times, the old lady will have named her cat Gash

The gay shop assistant will be a transsexual called Glam.