Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stickyfngrdboy
Oct 21, 2010

DickEmery posted:

What happens if a goalie gets a yellow?
10 minute substitution of an outfield player for the backup goalie, what if he gets a yellow then?

It realistically couldn't replace cautions altogether, and frankly I have doubts that anyone currently involved in running the game could implement (or oversee the implementation of) such a rule in an adequate manner. Doesn't make it a bad idea though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
Red card and penalty is a harsh punishment. Should only be red if its a reckless/dangerous challenge as well

Tsaedje
May 11, 2007

BRAWNY BUTTONS 4 LYFE
Turn the yellow card into a sin bin card as suggested, but also add an orange card which functions like the current yellow. In addition each team's manager gets a joker card they can play for 15 minutes each match. In that 15 minute period every ref's decision is doubled: score a goal? Two goals! Every foul becomes a yellow card offence, yellow counts as orange, orange counts as red and red gets an extra player of the aggrieved team's choice sent off. But be wary: the joker affects both teams equally: take down an opposing player in the box and you could be down two men and facing two penalties!

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Tsaedje posted:

Turn the yellow card into a sin bin card as suggested, but also add an orange card which functions like the current yellow. In addition each team's manager gets a joker card they can play for 15 minutes each match. In that 15 minute period every ref's decision is doubled: score a goal? Two goals! Every foul becomes a yellow card offence, yellow counts as orange, orange counts as red and red gets an extra player of the aggrieved team's choice sent off. But be wary: the joker affects both teams equally: take down an opposing player in the box and you could be down two men and facing two penalties!

This sounds like a great element and I think it will add a lot to the game's strategy.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos
Yeah a penalty box (sin bin? what is this, a catholic school) has done wonders to stop flagrant fouls in hockey.

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Peanut President posted:

Yeah a penalty box (sin bin? what is this, a catholic school) has done wonders to stop flagrant fouls in hockey.

Anything that leads to more chances is good, teams can just suck the life out of a game now and its fuckass boring to watch. Especially internationals.

Pissflaps
Oct 20, 2002

by VideoGames
How about instead of a sin bin we have a win bin?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack
In Vietnam they have a Nguyen Bin

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747

DickEmery posted:

What happens if a goalie gets a yellow?

Can't use his hands for 5 minutes

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Tsaedje posted:

If the joker card overlaps into half time the teams have to have a dance off, winning team gets to select a player on the other team who has to play the rest of the match with his boots on the wrong feet.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Peanut President posted:

Yeah well in hockey they have more gradual punishment: minors (your average penalty like tripping, cross-checking, etc) is 2 minutes and if the other team scores the penalty ends, more nasty stuff is 5 and doesn't end on a goal, and if a guy gets injured off a penalty it's usually a 5 min major plus the offender gets sent off.

(Plus there's subtle differences between leagues/sanctioning bodies in regards to what is a penalty/how long you sit for, but you get that anywhere.)

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Dravs posted:

If the joker card overlaps into half time the teams have to have a dance off, winning team gets to select a player on the other team who has to play the rest of the match with his boots on the wrong feet.

If a winning teams goes a match without using the joker card, they get a Double Joker Card in their next game and they may force one player from the other club to switch sides for 15 minutes. If the other team uses a Double Joker Card during the same minute, however, a Reversal of Fortune is played and two players must defect from the original team for 30 minutes. If a team goes without usage of a Double Joker Card for the entire match, in their next home game the club must declare a "house law" that will function as a normal Law of the Game so long as it affects both sides equally.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
You've activated my trap card, I play Green Eyes Irate Midfielder, your defense is destroyed for 10 minutes plus my keeper gets +100SPD, your move.

Peanut President
Nov 5, 2008

by Athanatos

vaginal culture posted:

Anything that leads to more chances is good, teams can just suck the life out of a game now and its fuckass boring to watch. Especially internationals.

Only if they make "back passing in your half" a penalty.

Bea Nanner
Oct 20, 2003

Je suis excité!
FIFA still haven't made a decision on that whole winter/summer thing. No rush, you know, just every single domestic league of relevance will be affected.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25653594

Antares
Jan 13, 2006

I kind of like that FIFA buck the trend of powerful organizations secretly being for sale by being openly for sale.

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

Pissflaps posted:

How about instead of a sin bin we have a win bin?

What will this all mean for the tradition of telling players/teams to get in said garbage area?

Was Taters
Jul 30, 2004

Here comes a regular

sebzilla posted:

What will this all mean for the tradition of telling players/teams to get in said garbage area?

\o/ Get in the win! \o/

sticksy
May 26, 2004
Nap Ghost
Every time I see this dumb Qatari ahole's smug smile it makes me angry.

Then he's so goofy it reminds me of this and I have to laugh:

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.

Bea Nanner posted:

FIFA still haven't made a decision on that whole winter/summer thing. No rush, you know, just every single domestic league of relevance will be affected.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/0/football/25653594

Most of them are so old they know that they either won't be around by 2022 or by then they would have sacrificed enough pure vigins to ensure they spend the rest of their days living in luxury on a tropical island somewhere. they are just leaving it for the next lot to deal with which probably means a decision will be made some time in 2021.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Just been listening to five live and they're discussing if the tennis in qatar will be called off due to temperature, in january

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Just been listening to five live and they're discussing if the tennis in qatar will be called off due to temperature, in january

It'll be fine for the summer world cup as they'll be playing in air conditioned stadiums, it'll all be fine.

Seriously thought, it's only 20C at the moment why would they call off the tennis ? humidity?

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

I think they're talking about Australia what with the open being on and players feinting during matches because of heat stroke.

Dravs
Mar 8, 2011

You've done well, kiddo.
Yes, it hit like 40 degrees in Aus with the tennis and they had reports of players vomiting and passing out. Of course in tennis they play for 4 or 5 minutes followed by a rest, so letting football players play non stop for 45 minutes I guess there will be a few on pitch deaths occurring.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

serious gaylord posted:

I think they're talking about Australia what with the open being on and players feinting during matches because of heat stroke.
Don't forget the hallucinations players are having too!

corpuscollossus
Apr 19, 2007

Its freezing here at the minute. I had to wear a jumper.

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

serious gaylord posted:

:negative:

Don't knwo why i thought they were going on about qatar

nictigre03
Oct 31, 2011
I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they said they were going to air condition the stadiums in Quatar for the WC during the bidding process.

Crazy Ted
Jul 29, 2003

nictigre03 posted:

I wouldn't worry about it. I'm pretty sure they said they were going to air condition the stadiums in Quatar for the WC during the bidding process.
They are going to somehow air-condition the stadiums while at the same time having them be open-air with no roofing. That's what was put in their proposal.

Cabal Ties
Feb 28, 2004
Yam Slacker
I think their version of air con basically means firing a million missiles into the atmosphere until dense enough clouds form.

Gin Soaked Ape
May 4, 2004

install giant sprinkler systems in every stadium and have them run nonstop for every game: problem solved

Concerned Citizen
Jul 22, 2007
Ramrod XTreme

Crazy Ted posted:

They are going to somehow air-condition the stadiums while at the same time having them be open-air with no roofing. That's what was put in their proposal.

Which was placed as "high risk" in the technical evaluation of their proposal, which was a very polite way of saying "what they are claiming they can do is actually impossible."

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

:negative:

Don't knwo why i thought they were going on about qatar

Australia wasn't trying to host a World Cup in January.

edit: I can't read.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Concerned Citizen posted:

Which was placed as "high risk" in the technical evaluation of their proposal, which was a very polite way of saying "what they are claiming they can do is actually impossible."

Actually it's not impossible, here I'll show you how (takes out large stack of non-sequential $100 bills)

Nostradingus
Jul 13, 2009

Troy Queef posted:

Actually it's not impossible, here I'll show you how (takes out large stack of non-sequential $100 bills)

Why are they not sequential? This is very important to me.

Troy Queef
Jan 12, 2013

Nostradingus posted:

Harder for fraud/corruption investigators to track, but then again FIFA has already investigated itself and found that they aren't corrupt

Wootcannon
Jan 23, 2010

HAIL SATAN, PRINCE OF LIES

Nostradingus posted:

Bills come in big plastic-wrapped stacks of plastic-wrapped wads to individual banks, in print order obviously, and if you take out a large amount of money it'll just be paid in those wads for convenience sake, instead of counting out used notes in the till (likely not enough in branch tills for bribery amounts anyway), so they'll be sequential. If you get a big chunk of sequential bills paid to you it's obvious those bills were exclusively used for that transaction and taken from the bank for that specific transaction, and they can work out roughly what timeframe it was taken from the bank from when and where those notes where delivered, and thus find the actual account it was taken from. Non sequential could be accumulated from any number of things from any number of people or places.

Wootcannon fucked around with this message at 00:24 on Jan 17, 2014

Dunban
Jul 4, 2012

OH MY GOD GLOVER

Wootcannon posted:

Bills come in big plastic-wrapped stacks of plastic-wrapped wads to individual banks, in print order obviously, and if you take out a large amount of money it'll just be paid in those wads for convenience sake, instead of counting out used notes in the till (likely not enough in branch tills for bribery amounts anyway), so they'll be sequential. If you get a big chunk of sequential bills paid to you it's obvious those bills were exclusively used for that transaction and taken from the bank for that specific transaction, and they can work out roughly what timeframe it was taken from the bank from when and where those notes where delivered, and thus find the actual account it was taken from. Non sequential could be accumulated from any number of things from any number of people or places.

Nice meltdown

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

Nostradingus posted:

what, you've never laundered money before?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jan/20/jerome-champagne-sepp-blatter-fifa-presidency

Jerome Champagne is going to run for FIFA presidency. How long before he gets caught up in a corruption scandal so Blatter can run uncontested again?