Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Okay, that's helpful. The main reason why I'm interested in that Hyper Novae is I like its bulky design, with big old wings apparently ripped straight out of Armored Core 4, and the blue/white colorscheme rocks my face. Some random googling later, other designs I like are the First Edition Arcee and that blue/white Ultra Magnus (the one that looks like Optimus, not the big armored version). I may have a color preference that may be obvious. :v:

Regarding scales and stuff, though, I know you post in the gunpla thread, so you can probably help me. What's the general equivalent of an MG size for Transformers? I'm assuming Masterpiece is a PG equivalent in size, but the other size categories like Legends don't really convey anything to me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

S-Alpha posted:

Okay, that's helpful. The main reason why I'm interested in that Hyper Novae is I like its bulky design, with big old wings apparently ripped straight out of Armored Core 4, and the blue/white colorscheme rocks my face. Some random googling later, other designs I like are the First Edition Arcee and that blue/white Ultra Magnus (the one that looks like Optimus, not the big armored version). I may have a color preference that may be obvious. :v:

[quote="S-Alpha" post="424217324"]
Regarding scales and stuff, though, I know you post in the gunpla thread, so you can probably help me. What's the general equivalent of an MG size for Transformers? I'm assuming Masterpiece is a PG equivalent in size, but the other size categories like Legends don't really convey anything to me.

Eh... yes and no. The larger Masterpieces are closer to being PG size, but the cars like Prowl and Sideswipe are roughly the same size as a 1/100 Gundam.

Deluxe-class Transformers are about 4" or so tall usually, they're roughly equivalent to 1/144 HGs.
Voyager-class Transformers are more in the 6" range, and are roughly the size of a 1/100 MG, but these days they're a bit shorter than them these days and never had anywhere near the detail and articulation of an MG.
Ultra is the next size up and is roughly MG height, but often bulkier.
Leader class is the next size after that, and they're roughly twice the size of a Voyager.
Supreme is really big, and these guys are usually a foot tall and really beefy.
Titan is the biggest, and is reserved to just Metroplex, who is a whopping 2 feet tall.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

Yeah, I think we should avoid bright pink Transformers that turn into Barbie cars, but well, that's kind of what Arcee is so it's too late.

No we need more bright pink and mauve transformers. I mean geeze that was like what half the transformers used before everything went to micromasters.

revtoiletduck
Aug 21, 2006
smart newbie

S-Alpha posted:

Okay, that's helpful. The main reason why I'm interested in that Hyper Novae is I like its bulky design, with big old wings apparently ripped straight out of Armored Core 4

Yeah, I am a sucker for robots with wings like that for some reason. I have no attachment to Nova Prime or Predaking (as recently discussed), but I think they both look fuckin' awesome.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

The Taint Reaper posted:

No we need more bright pink and mauve transformers. I mean geeze that was like what half the transformers used before everything went to micromasters.

Late G1 really loved Decepticons that were like, purple, teal, and pink or some combination of the three. Doubledealer, Spinister, Dreadwind, poo poo, there's a million of them.

revtoiletduck posted:

Yeah, I am a sucker for robots with wings like that for some reason. I have no attachment to Nova Prime or Predaking (as recently discussed), but I think they both look fuckin' awesome.

I'm a sucker for like, robot cyclopses so I loving love Shockwave, Whirl, Zeon mobile suits from Gundam, Cylon Centurions from Battlestar Galactica... they just look evil and inhuman and rad.

BY YOUR COMMAND IMPERIOUS LEADER.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Gammatron 64 posted:

Late G1 really loved Decepticons that were like, purple, teal, and pink or some combination of the three. Doubledealer, Spinister, Dreadwind, poo poo, there's a million of them.

Yeah the weird molds with the weird colors were the best part of G1.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

S-Alpha posted:

Stepping around the minefield that is gender issues and how it relates to children's toy lines, I'm thinking of expanding my plastic habit from giant Japanese piloted robots to giant Japanese sentient robots. I currently don't, and never have, had any real attachments to the Transformers line or paid any attention to the comics/cartoons/whatever, but cool designs are why I'm on this boat.

So, of course, in classic idiot fashion, I'm thinking of making my first purchase a big old third party of questionable quality: The MakeToys HyperNovae. The video is a pretty decent look at it, but I'm wondering if there might be any goon opinions on the line before I pay top whack for expensive plastic. Some suggestions in the realm of similar products in that range would be cool too, since I'm kind of coming in blind. Much appreciated.

While I can't speak to owning HyperNovae first hand, I know people that do, and MakeToys quality is incredible. So if you really like the figure, its worth whatever you're willing to pay for it. MakeToys stuff is expensive, but you're going to get a good figure for the price. Is it comparable to the mainline stuff? Not even close, and I think a lot of people forget that when making price/quality comparisons. Not so much here, but on other forums around the internet, you'll find a lot of anger about paying prices like that for equivalent size to a $15 figure on the shelves in the US.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006
Toyworld 03 Bumblebee

Will be interesting to see how this measures up against the upcoming Masterpiece BB.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

catch22 posted:

Toyworld 03 Bumblebee

Will be interesting to see how this measures up against the upcoming Masterpiece BB.

It'll turn out to be an exact KO of the MP mould. :allears:

BooDooBoo
Jul 14, 2005

That makes no sense to me at all.

https://fi.somethingawful.com/images/gangtags/severancemdr.gif

The_Doctor posted:

£30 (~$50) for 2 Legends? Naw, dog.

It's only a bit more than they'd cost if they ever reached the shelves here, especially if you have a discount with them, which I did this time.

Peter Bazooka
Sep 29, 2005

This isn’t really anything I think I like.

catch22 posted:

Toyworld 03 Bumblebee

I'm glad 3rd parties are starting to cover the real underrepresented characters now.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

S-Alpha posted:

Stepping around the minefield that is gender issues and how it relates to children's toy lines, I'm thinking of expanding my plastic habit from giant Japanese piloted robots to giant Japanese sentient robots. I currently don't, and never have, had any real attachments to the Transformers line or paid any attention to the comics/cartoons/whatever, but cool designs are why I'm on this boat.

So, of course, in classic idiot fashion, I'm thinking of making my first purchase a big old third party of questionable quality: The MakeToys HyperNovae. The video is a pretty decent look at it, but I'm wondering if there might be any goon opinions on the line before I pay top whack for expensive plastic. Some suggestions in the realm of similar products in that range would be cool too, since I'm kind of coming in blind. Much appreciated.

1. What kind of toys comprise your existing "plastic habit"?

2. If you have any bitchin non-TF transformable robots to recommend, I am all ears.

ACES CURE PLANES
Oct 21, 2010

Why cookie Rocket posted:

2. If you have any bitchin non-TF transformable robots to recommend, I am all ears.

1. For the past decade or so, I've been building/collecting Gundam model kits, and occasionally D-Arts figures.

2. I couldn't really say anything about standard transformable robot toys, since I mainly build model kits. :v:

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

From my experience with Gundam models, they aren't so good at transforming, at least compared to transformers. Stuff often doesn't lock into place, and well, a lot of them wind up as jets with legs hanging off the back. They're not really meant for disguise. I prefer the non-transforming kits, honestly.

For non-transformers robots that transform, Macross is the way to go... but I'm sure everybody already knew that because of Jetfire.

I like Power Rangers Zords \ Super Sentai Mecha and think they're fun, but they don't really transform so much as they combine. Also, they're generally G1 style bricks that have articulation at the arms and that's it. But they're big and chunky and well detailed usually.

The Brave series is sort of halfway between Sentai and Transformers. These toys are super cool, but they are also G1 bricks. Web Diver is also very transformer-y.

Robot Damashii \ Super Robot Chogokins are about 6" tall SH figurarts type robots and they're really awesome, but I can't think if any that transform off the top of my head and Evangelion Unit 01 is the only one I own. I've been thinking of getting an SRC Mazinger Z but I can't find his rocket punch accessory kit for an affordable price. If you have a Mazinger, he's gotta be able to rocket punch, man!

Gobots \ Machine Robo are also cool, but also lack articulation and later Machine Robo toys are very kid oriented.

Soul of Chogokin are the highest end of high end, I don't have any because because I'm not a millionaire. These guys are made of die cast metal and are higher end than even Masterpiece TFs. The original MP-01\05 Masterpiece Prime that's 12" tall and has a metal chest and legs and is big and chunky as hell is the closest Transformers has ever been to an SOC.

S-Alpha posted:

1. For the past decade or so, I've been building/collecting Gundam model kits, and occasionally D-Arts figures.

2. I couldn't really say anything about standard transformable robot toys, since I mainly build model kits. :v:

The D-arts Megaman line is quality as hell and I own every one. Bandai Tamashii Nations stuff is loving great and are among my favorite toys ever. I loving love my Mega Men and Godzilla Monsterarts.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

The best transforming toyline this year was the Kamen Rider Gaim Arms Change line, obvs.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...
I think you're majorly overstating both the size and quality of Soul of Chogokins. SoCs (and their brother DX Chogokins) are a bit overrated, probably because they're these expensive things that many fans have only ever seen in pictures. All the one's I've owned except one have been super fragile, normally due to tiny joints holding overly heavy parts. They all look great on the shelf, but I wouldn't consider them the highest of high end or any better than a MP Transformer on average. However, if you're into bandai's robot figures, 3P figures suddenly look way more reasonably priced.

Rei_
May 16, 2004

The difference between confinement and rest is a shift in perspective

I will stand behind Super Robot Chogokin as a line, I own a lot of their stuff and love it all dearly. SOC has always intimidated the poo poo out of me.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
:siren: :siren: :siren:
Sometimes I feel like such a weirdo for not knowing anything about kamen rider, sentai or chogokin stuff.

At least I know Godzilla, that's my liferaft nerd-cred.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

SpikeMcclane posted:

I think you're majorly overstating both the size and quality of Soul of Chogokins. SoCs (and their brother DX Chogokins) are a bit overrated, probably because they're these expensive things that many fans have only ever seen in pictures. All the one's I've owned except one have been super fragile, normally due to tiny joints holding overly heavy parts. They all look great on the shelf, but I wouldn't consider them the highest of high end or any better than a MP Transformer on average. However, if you're into bandai's robot figures, 3P figures suddenly look way more reasonably priced.

Yeah Soul of Chogokins are weird in that they try and make them have whatever gimmick the robot had in the show while also making them super accurate display pieces and they are filled with metal where they don't need to be, pretty much as a "just because we can and it'll double the price" idea. Combattler V and Voltes V both separate into their 5 component vehicles it's nuts how well it works for how good they look as the big combined guys, but then they end up with these huge blocks of metal for their upper bodies and their ankle joints are flimsy due to the transformation and you can all guess where that leads. For those sort of guys I recommend the Super Robot Chogokins, which are like half the size and 1/4 the price, but they focus on just being a really good rendition of the robot and if I'm honest I don't need a Getter Robo that can split into three different ships and recombine in the different forms if for 10% of the price I can get a really solid Shin Getter-1 that's been well designed to pose and has most of it's metal in the lower legs to keep it stable. Soul of Chogokin Gunbuster is the pride of my collection, but for £60 I've also got the SRC one and the accessory set and while it's not as impressive as the big one, it doesn't matter that it doesn't split into the two Buster Machines or the Buster Collider are partswapping instead of part of the main thing and I can actually play with the drat thing.

Short version: Soul of Chogokin is way more than you ever need in a thing and it suffers for it, Super Robot Chogokin highly recommended, they are super good and fun to touch and that's why most of us are Transformers dudes I guess.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SpikeMcclane posted:

Well... yeah, I haven't actually ever seen one in person, just from video reviews and Collection DX and stuff. I'm one of those guys who looks at pictures and sees $400 price tags and goes "holy poo poo!"

I will vouch for Bandai Tamshii Nations line of 6" figures, though. I have every Mega Man D-Arts release, a good deal of SH Monsterarts, and a Robot Damashii Eva-01 who is amazing and I'm loving crushed that I can't find Eva-00 and Eva-02 for non-insane prices (No, I don't want a loving beast mode or cyborg Eva-02, I just want a regular one, why did you have to make the regular ones limited releases?). I don't have any SH figurats because I'm not interested in Kamen Rider, DBZ or Super Sentai beyond the Sentai robot toys, but I've seen them at cons and they're good.

I don't really get Gundam RDs because for the same price you can get an MG that's bigger and will keep me occupied for a month. Also, Robot Damashii has the weirdest loving selection sometimes. They have the friggin' Barzam but no Zeta Gundam? What the hell? I do kind of lust for the Turn A, Turn X and Kapool, but I see their $100+ price tags and quickly change my mind.

For the past couple of weeks I've been hemming and hawing over a SRC Mazinger Z. The regular Mazinger Z is $40, but the Shin Mazinger Z is $60 and comes with the God Scrander, although I dunno how he looks like with his arms popped off, because even if I don't get the expensive effects parts set, I really want to pop off an arm and put it on a tamashii stand because ROCKETTO PONNCH!!! Shin Mazinger Z does also come with BREASTO FIYAAAAA too...

Ka0 posted:

Sometimes I feel like such a weirdo for not knowing anything about kamen rider, sentai or chogokin stuff.

At least I know Godzilla, that's my liferaft nerd-cred.

:hfive: Hell yeah brother, I loving love the big G. I have almost every Godzilla movie on DVD.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 02:06 on Jan 10, 2014

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

SpikeMcclane posted:

Of the two SoCs I own, one is super unfun, unbalanced, overly fiddly nonsense, and one is a crazy accurate super awesome recreation of the robot in question. It seems like quite the crapshoot considering the price you pay, not that you can't turn around and sell it for as much as you paid a year later.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

Keldroc posted:

Of the two SoCs I own, one is super unfun, unbalanced, overly fiddly nonsense, and one is a crazy accurate super awesome recreation of the robot in question. It seems like quite the crapshoot considering the price you pay, not that you can't turn around and sell it for as much as you paid a year later.

All 3 of the Macross Frontier ones I own are awful messes that look good as their things but getting them there is so unfun that I boxed one of them almost immediately. The Gunbuster and DGG set are amazing, especially considering one transforms into a horse and the Combattler/Voltes are good if you're careful with how you pose them, but as I mentioned they're super top heavy so you need solid stances for them. The difference between the Macross dudes and the other ones are nuts, especially considering that they were the same price.

I still sort of want the new Mazinger though and there were the shots of SoC GaoGaiGar, but SRC GGG is so good and if the SoC has to combine from all the parts it'll be a nightmare.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Out of curiosity, which Frontier Chogokins do you have? I've got and enjoy the Quarter, both 117s and the second version 29. I was never able to find an affordable renewal 25 or the Koenig Monster back when I had money and the first version 25s and 29 kind of disintegrated if touched.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
I still regret ever getting this SOC Aquarion. Flimsy as hell, can't support its own weight 2/3 of the time, and the joints started getting floppy within 24 hours of taking it out of the box.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

404GoonNotFound posted:

I still regret ever getting this SOC Aquarion. Flimsy as hell, can't support its own weight 2/3 of the time, and the joints started getting floppy within 24 hours of taking it out of the box.

That would be the super unfun, unbalanced, overly fiddly nonsense one I own.

The good one is GodMars.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Why cookie Rocket posted:

I collect DX Braves and Power Rangers/Sentai Megazords. Personally, Braves are a lot more satisfying to collect because of their rarity. They also run towards really expensive unless you get lucky on eBay. Currently I have:

-GaoGaiGar
-Goldymarg
-GekiRyuJin and ChoRyuJin
-Goldran
-Sorakage
-Great Fighbird
-and Might Gaine

As for megazords, well...

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you

SpikeMcclane posted:

Out of curiosity, which Frontier Chogokins do you have? I've got and enjoy the Quarter, both 117s and the second version 29. I was never able to find an affordable renewal 25 or the Koenig Monster back when I had money and the first version 25s and 29 kind of disintegrated if touched.

Yup, first versions is what I've got! I've got VF25G and movie Alto and the Lucifer Gamma (which is a huge improvement over the VF25 due to the locking shoulders) and the Armour Parts for Alto. The super parts that came with the blue one weren't put together right, the rubber grippy pad in one of the big pods isn't flush and either bends the wing or doesn't sit as it should. The Armour Parts are super cool but combine that and the general instability of the thing and yowza I just put that on the stand and even went so far as holding that on my lap when I moved house a couple of years ago because it will seriously just explode if you touch it wrong.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

SpazmasterX posted:

I collect DX Braves and Power Rangers/Sentai Megazords. Personally, Braves are a lot more satisfying to collect because of their rarity. They also run towards really expensive unless you get lucky on eBay. Currently I have:

-GaoGaiGar
-Goldymarg
-GekiRyuJin and ChoRyuJin
-Goldran
-Sorakage
-Great Fighbird
-and Might Gaine

As for megazords, well...

I really kind of dream of having a DX Gaogaigar and his friends. I've run into a lot of people who are like "ugh, why would you want those, they're G1 bricks get the SRCs instead, and while the CMs corp one is fragile, at least it's posable." If I get a Gaogaigar, I want the DX one more than any other.

What these people don't realize is I LOVE big chunky bricks. G1 Transformers and Megazords rule in my book. They're not for everyone, but you don't need super articulation to be a fun toy. You know what's even better than articulation? Powerful ratchet joints with strong springs that go CLICK whenever you move a joint. A toy robot that is big, heavy and feels solid, makes loud clicks when you move him and goes KER-CLUNK you put him together is like a tactile explosion. If you think G1 toys suck, you probably don't have a God Ginrai, Sixshot or Predaking.

The only Brave toys I have are ones that were reissued by Sonokong and clearanced on BBTS - Captain Shark, Gunkid, Deathgarrygun and this one I found at BotCon that I don't know the name of - he's made up of an ambulance, fire truck, police car and jet thingy, and you put bigger heads over their heads. They're pretty rad. I really want Advenger, because he's a steam locomotive and he combines with Captain Shark. I mean come on, that loving rules!

And totally unrelated to Brave, someday I feel like I need to get a decent Yamato Valkyrie. Last year I saw Yamato VF-1A from DYRL at a con and nabbed it without thinking. Well, jokes on me, it was one of the original Yamato Valkyries that kind of suck, and I was disappointed as hell. What I really need is one of the version 2.0 ones, and well, it seems like Arcadia is going to re-release the Roy Fokker one soon. I made need to get that.

Also someday I want to get like a Shogun Warrior \ Jumbo Machinder, you know, those big shampoo bottle motherfuckers from the 70s. I'd probably want one of Mazinger Z, because he and Tetsujin 28 are the great granddaddies of all super robots. I'm really interested in the history of toys and will sometimes get things like 60s G.I. Joes and Megos that predate my birth by decades just because I think they're interesting. The Jumbo Machinders are the very genesis of all super robot toys. Every single Transformer all of you own owe their existence to those early Chogokins and Jumbo Machinders.

GET IN THE ROBOT fucked around with this message at 05:06 on Jan 10, 2014

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Box art mock up for movie Dinobot toys.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Heck yeah super giant robot chat.

Speaking of chunky G1 toys, are the reissues the same mold/size as they were originally, or is there some artistic license taken?

Also, I think I might have gotten suckered in on a too good to be true Transformers deal on Ebay, oh wells. Let's see if I get one of the Santa hat too, hopefully not.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I hope this conversation continues in here for a while because I'm out of town and hate phone posting.

Also, this means I've been to my PO Box again and finally got my SS gift. Santa, you are awesome and seem to have paid a lot of attention. Or blind luck is possible too, I guess, but more on that with pics tomorrow.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

The MSJ posted:

Box art mock up for movie Dinobot toys.

T-Rex (with carnotaurus elements?), raptor (with robo-feathers!), spinosaurus, pterosaur of some kind with a type of crest I've never seen on a real pterosaur, and a triceratops/stegosaurus/rhino...thing. Interesting lineup. I wonder if the spinosaurus will actually be larger than Grimlock.

Wal Mart computer listings show a Leader Class Grimlock on the way along with a Leader Optimus, so if nothing else TF4 gives us our first Leader class Dinobot.

SpazmasterX
Jul 13, 2006

Wrong about everything XIV related
~fartz~

Gammatron 64 posted:

I really kind of dream of having a DX Gaogaigar and his friends. I've run into a lot of people who are like "ugh, why would you want those, they're G1 bricks get the SRCs instead, and while the CMs corp one is fragile, at least it's posable." If I get a Gaogaigar, I want the DX one more than any other.

The only Brave toys I have are ones that were reissued by Sonokong and clearanced on BBTS - Captain Shark, Gunkid, Deathgarrygun and this one I found at BotCon that I don't know the name of - he's made up of an ambulance, fire truck, police car and jet thingy, and you put bigger heads over their heads. They're pretty rad. I really want Advenger, because he's a steam locomotive and he combines with Captain Shark. I mean come on, that loving rules!

DX GaoGaiGar is the poo poo. He's like, 95% show accurate. Oddly enough he's probably the most "common" GGG DX you can find. Goldymarg is second, followed by GekiRyuJin. Big Volfogg and ChoRyuJin are about tied for rarity, and Mic Sounders is nearly impossible to find.

Beyond that, your mystery bot is Super Guardion. And good luck finding an Advenger for a decent price. He's expesive as hell because he never got a Sonokong reissue like the rest of the Goldran bots. I'm waiting til I have the money to get a Leon Kaiser to finish Great Goldran but he's twice the price of Goldran and Sorakage combined for some drat reason. :argh:

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

This is probably woth dealing with phone typing. I'd probably leave him in alt mode permenantly.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Looks good, but of course an MP Wheeljack is going to live or die by its paint and detailing.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

SpikeMcclane posted:

This is probably woth dealing with phone typing. I'd probably leave him in alt mode permenantly.

Now that is just lovely. I wonder if he will come with the non-working device that was dropped in the Hollywood studio?

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
The Dygenguard and Aussenseiter SOC combo is one of the best action figures I've ever handled. Dygenguard is a magnificent, chunky beast and all its accessories and such are highly detailed, it's got lots of diecast and weighs a lot for its size, and it has enough ratcheting in the arms to hold its COLOSSAL BLADE at most angles. It's amazing. Aussenseiter suffers greatly due to its transformation gimmick sadly.

Dygenguard took a dive off my shelf and his foot snapped off, yet I was still able to sell the set for only 25 bucks under what I paid.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Yes you did. To me.

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

SpikeMcclane posted:

Yes you did. To me.
That was more of a reply to the guy saying that you can sell any SOC for basically what you paid for it, and it still held true in this case! :v:

Were you able to fix the foot easily? Should've been a fairly simple pin job, right? Since it snapped off fairly cleanly.

Honestly if he hadn't taken that fall, I probably would've kept at least him, maybe sold aussenseiter and the box(because I feel making Aussenseiter transformable was a grave mistake since it makes him basically a brick due to the amount of transforming mechanisms in his torso).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
You put Aussenseiter in horse mode and get the Kotobukiya model kit for robot Aussenseiter you dingus! It's such a great model kit and I am glad I listened to your recommendation on it.