Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
A lot of people still have locks of baby hair in their scrapbooks and stuff.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

some people eat hair so there are weirder things to do with hair than putting it into some jewelry

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

my friends mom kept his big afro he grew on a bet in a tupperware tub in her closet

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Pick posted:

she's nice she gave me her hair

there are nice spells, like you could put a GET RICH QUICK spell on her or if she ever gets arrested there are a bunch of spells to do that help you avoid conviction

you can buy spells on etsy!!

you can seriously buy spells on etsy. it's loving ridiculous. the best thing is that all the people selling hoodoo spells on etsy that i've seen are white, because white people are classy as hell

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Pick posted:

:( what's sucking?
it's been eight days since i came back to the us but i think i am still jet lagged

i really do not like travel, but i'm getting a phd in german history so :owned:

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

my friends mom kept his big afro he grew on a bet in a tupperware tub in her closet

hffffahahahahahahahahahhahahah

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Fruity Gordo posted:

the brooches out of dead loved ones makes sense though because a lot of it must have been happening before photography and portraiture was just the province of the rich so making something beautiful out of your dead relatives would kind of be the only tangible connection you'd have to the dead, especially if you lived far away from their graves

that's why you take photos of their corpses, which is another thing people did back then

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you could use it as tarantula bedding

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
You guys, I just accidentally watched the saddest episode of The West Wing Mrs. Landingham.

defectivemonkey fucked around with this message at 03:54 on Jan 9, 2014

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

you could grow a new friend from that

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

re: taxidermy, this is only tangentially related but my mom owns a coprolite that's about the size of a hamster

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

I've never watched the West Wing but I might do it just because Rob Lowe back in the day was a fine slice of man.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Donkay NOoo posted:

So you're saying you were in trouble after all :ohdear:

Thankfully, no. I'm trustworthy enough to be in charge of people who are. I get to guard the door and monitor bathroom breaks but I get a chair and I'm reading The Forest House for the first time in like 15 years. But I can't have internet in there.

I tried spinning cat hair once, but it doesn't felt up very well and kept slipping. I would like to make some hair jewelry but my hair is like 3/4 of an inch long mostly. I want to keep some of my brown before it all goes silver. (it's like 1/3 there now.)

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Portals posted:

re: taxidermy, this is only tangentially related but my mom owns a coprolite that's about the size of a hamster

That's a bunch of poo poo.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

VanSandman posted:

In retrospect I should have just posted this.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lQlIhraqL7o

Real talk: I had a buddy in korea I would text this to every time I got picked up at the bar.

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!

Swillkitsch posted:

I've never watched the West Wing but I might do it just because Rob Lowe back in the day was a fine slice of man.

Still is. The man is a freak of nature, never aging. Probably a vampire.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Gravitee posted:

Still is. The man is a freak of nature, never aging. Probably a vampire.

Seriously. I'm re-watching Parks and Recreation too, and it's hard to believe hew EXACTLY THE SAME he looks in both shows.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

KirbyKhan posted:

Real talk: I had a buddy in korea I would text this to every time I got picked up at the bar.

Nice.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Things to do with dead peeps. When my uncle passed he was cremated and I was tasked with going to Montana and scattering his ashes in his special place. My grandfather made the odd request of saving a very small bit and returning it to him. So I got a frame and mixed the tablespoon of ashes with Elmer's glue and secured a picture of the scattering site to it. He seemed happy.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

LingcodKilla posted:

Things to do with dead peeps. When my uncle passed he was cremated and I was tasked with going to Montana and scattering his ashes in his special place. My grandfather made the odd request of saving a very small bit and returning it to him. So I got a frame and mixed the tablespoon of ashes with Elmer's glue and secured a picture of the scattering site to it. He seemed happy.

your grandfather is a dark wizard

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

a travelling HEGEL posted:

your grandfather is a dark wizard

Apostolic Christian. I'd prefer the dark wizard.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2014

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

But you can take the lid off the pink jar and put it on the green jar, whose lid you put on the white jar. They seem to go for less than a buck apiece unpainted, but maybe that's seven dollars' worth of fun. Each.

Tora! Tora! Tora!
Dec 28, 2008

Shake it baby

Pick posted:

The reason there are so many alligator heads on eBay is that they're farmed gators. They used to just throw the heads away (they're not usable for purses and stuff). It's the same reason you can find fox faces on eBay. Fur scrap, unusable.

My good work purse is fresh water crocodile from Papua New Guinea. I was worried about endangered species and stuff but when I researched it, I discovered that the fresh water crocodile is generally gathered by small farmers who raise them and the farming program has been such a success in both preserving the species and helping the people economically that there a papers written about it. :3 So I can not feel bad about having an extravagant ski purse. (I actually love animal skin stuff, like sting ray shoes, but I research before I buy)

detectivemonkey posted:

Seriously. I'm re-watching Parks and Recreation too, and it's hard to believe hew EXACTLY THE SAME he looks in both shows.

He looked amazing in the Liberace movie:

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

He's so handsome in Parks & Rec that it burns me to look at him. And this is while I maintain a constant awareness of the fact that he looks like he camps in his tanning bed.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
sexiest anime boy

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Putty posted:

sexiest anime boy

dont sign your posts

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
plz never call me sexy again tia

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

Swillkitsch posted:

He's so handsome in Parks & Rec that it burns me to look at him. And this is while I maintain a constant awareness of the fact that he looks like he camps in his tanning bed.
I love his character in Parks and Rec. He's so adorably broken as a person. :allears:

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:00 on Apr 4, 2014

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005
I drive off to play a few hockey games and come back to all sorts of neat stuff. Quick reply's and recaps.

I like giving girls hickeys. I don't care if you think I'm "Peeing on you". In the heat of the moment these things happen and moreover, I like leaving an indelible mark of the fun we had. ;)

Mammoth Tusks :stare: I already have a resin cast of a saber-tooth tiger on my mantelpiece. That tusk may be a new addition.

Vansandman, gently caress the haters.

We cool lady thread, we are very cool.

Oh and EDIT: meat Chat, Thanks for the awesome way to tie scarfs.

VendaGoat fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Jan 9, 2014

ZombieGravy
Feb 5, 2008

Since following this thread I have bought new foundation and started painting my nails again.

I'm not sure if you're a good or bad influence on me.

Also, I'm having a hat day today coz its cold and my hair is being stupid.

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

^ Since following this thread I started wearing lipstick, trying to have a more stylish/professional wardrobe instead of the 15-year-old-tomboy look I've been walking around in for years, and am not as averse to maybe considering foundation for very special occasions. Ladythread, you have broken me

t_violet posted:

My good work purse is fresh water crocodile from Papua New Guinea. I was worried about endangered species and stuff but when I researched it, I discovered that the fresh water crocodile is generally gathered by small farmers who raise them and the farming program has been such a success in both preserving the species and helping the people economically that there a papers written about it. :3
That's awesome, now I want one. Baby crocodiles are so painfully cute :3: and if handbags will ensure that there are more of them in the world I'm all for it

VendaGoat posted:

Vansandman, gently caress the haters.
Exactly, posting puppies in the ladythread is a public goddamn service and anyone who is against that is a monster :colbert:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

rocketpig posted:

Since following this thread I have bought new foundation and started painting my nails again.

I'm not sure if you're a good or bad influence on me.

Also, I'm having a hat day today coz its cold and my hair is being stupid.

Me too! I'm trying to break out of the neutrals and baggy pants and no makeup with macrame look I've been rocking for years. My husband tells me I dress like an early 90's lesbian. I spent $100 at sephora and now have 2 sweater dresses. And I promise I'll actually wear my Galaxy leggings. I've been lurking on the Fashion Thread, too, but some things I do not understand. Like Demobaza.

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004
Morning y'all.

It's a new day. I still feel bummed about being dumped yesterday but one of the benefits of living in a college town is that there are a lot of cute, smart women around. Even if most of them are younger than me by a few years. Maybe they'll find my full-time work, already-graduated ways exciting and exotic.

Dating is still a total crapshoot but whatever, what else is a person gonna do?

I don't really have many up to date photos of myself so I asked a female photographer friend to take some for me that I could use for a dating site profile. I told myself I wouldn't use dating sites again, but after two years of dating solely by meeting people in the real world I'm starting to see the benefits of online dating -- it gives you more information about a person up-front and you can talk with them before ever hanging out, to get to know them more and see if you think it's even worth pursuing. Real-life, well, you gotta give people a chance. The first time you meet them and ask them out, you probably don't know much about them.

seal clubber
Jun 3, 2006

ashgromnies posted:

Morning y'all.

It's a new day. I still feel bummed about being dumped yesterday but one of the benefits of living in a college town is that there are a lot of cute, smart women around. Even if most of them are younger than me by a few years. Maybe they'll find my full-time work, already-graduated ways exciting and exotic.

Dating is still a total crapshoot but whatever, what else is a person gonna do?

I don't really have many up to date photos of myself so I asked a female photographer friend to take some for me that I could use for a dating site profile. I told myself I wouldn't use dating sites again, but after two years of dating solely by meeting people in the real world I'm starting to see the benefits of online dating -- it gives you more information about a person up-front and you can talk with them before ever hanging out, to get to know them more and see if you think it's even worth pursuing. Real-life, well, you gotta give people a chance. The first time you meet them and ask them out, you probably don't know much about them.

Motherfucker did you misread the part where it said m'ladies no? take a seat son

ashgromnies
Jun 19, 2004

seal clubber posted:

Motherfucker did you misread the part where it said m'ladies no? take a seat son

I enjoy the chill, conversational nature of this thread though. I'm just looking for somewhere to hang out, some posters to call my own, that kind of thing.

Edit: I identify as a woman now

Dice Dingus
May 4, 2010

AriadneThread posted:

Imagine if squid could fly

Fruity Gordo posted:

horrid terfs

ew ew ew ew ew.

e:

poopkitty posted:

Me too! I'm trying to break out of the neutrals and baggy pants and no makeup with macrame look I've been rocking for years. My husband tells me I dress like an early 90's lesbian. I spent $100 at sephora and now have 2 sweater dresses. And I promise I'll actually wear my Galaxy leggings. I've been lurking on the Fashion Thread, too, but some things I do not understand. Like Demobaza.

Oh my god, so this is where all the fashion photos on tumblr's cyberpunk tag are coming from! :swoon:

Dice Dingus fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 9, 2014

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Pick why did things used to be more gigantic in prehistoric times?
I heard it was because there was a higher concentration of oxygen or somesuch, but that doesn't seem to make sense.

Basically I want to live in a world with 10 foot clams and 10 pound toads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

I'd be up for that, mostly for the 2-foot-long dragonflies, giant ground sloths (so cuddly!) and also the Terrorbirds. Haast's eagle is kind of neat too I guess but not prehistoric

Pick use your biology learnings to make these happen

• Locked thread