Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Entropic posted:

Thanks, that's hilarious. I guess the same thing happened on a smaller scale with Mirmulnjir? I haven't fought him since installing USKP, is there a youtube somewhere that shows how bad the voicework is?
It's pretty bad.
The Mirmulnir VA in the USKP arrived just as the whole Gatedebacle had settled down. When I posted the Shut Up Mirmulnir mod linked in the OP, I asked that no one put that up on the Nexus or Workshop because I have no interest in getting involved in e-drama.
Apparently I was worried over nothing because this went up soon afterwards and Arthmoor didn't blow a fuse. The UP team actually encourages modders to incorporate the patches in their mods and I wish more people would do that. Now we have the annoying situation in Skyrim modding where most mods that edit the same forms or files the UPs do, overwrite their fixes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kedo
Nov 27, 2007

wjs5 posted:

Is there a working Co-op mod out? I checked the op but might have missed it if it was listed.

Sort of. It's super buggy and the main developer dropped off the face of the planet, so it's unlikely it'll ever get to a place where it's actually usable.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
So I have HD 2K textures and the high res DLC installed, but quite a few things still look like the original textures:

This is the door to the hall of whatever it is, at Winterhold. Any idea what's up? Do both those packs have gaps like this?

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.

Mister Bates posted:

I assume patrols and fights in Immersive Patrols still take place even if you don't see them? I've been occasionally finding places where there are a whole shitload of dead guys from two opposing factions, and I can't tell if it's a bug or if there was a huge battle that went down that I missed. Either way it's pretty cool, it gives a good feeling of things actually happening that don't entirely revolve around the player. I rather like just strolling down the road and finding a dead Imperial soldier surrounded by half a dozen dead bandits.

However, sometimes I'll stumble upon a patrol that appears to have just keeled over and died for no reason, with no visible signs of battle, and I think it may be a bug. I suppose they might have encountered some particularly powerful enemy, or been ambushed before they could react, but it literally just looks like they were marching in a line and suddenly all died. I've encountered this two or three times now.

The patrols fighting each other is a part of that mod, yes. Sometimes I'll come across a few dead Stormcloak bodies after finding a patrol of Imperials walking away, or vice versa.

Also with loot scarcity/difficulty mods, running around the roads looking for loot is a legit strategy. :colbert:

Entropic posted:

Thanks, that's hilarious. I guess the same thing happened on a smaller scale with Mirmulnjir? I haven't fought him since installing USKP, is there a youtube somewhere that shows how bad the voicework is?

Yeah it is really bad. When you fight him, the audio doesn't really fit in with the rest of the audioscape, and it just sounds like a fat neckbeard muttering things to you as you fight him.

Which is odd, because the VA in Live Another Life (at least the statue) is spot on.

e: Thread, is there a way I can find out which NPCs a mod comes from easily, in game? In Oblivion, there was a mod that let you click on a dude, and then a debug menu would pop up showing the NPC, which mod added him, what level he was at, etc. Anything like that for Skyrim? Also curious about how to find out what mesh is used in game, if that is possible.

Gyshall fucked around with this message at 22:18 on Jan 8, 2014

Ghost of Reagan Past
Oct 7, 2003

rock and roll fun
I've been trying to get ENB working, yet whenever I grab an ENB preset (I've tried ProjectENB and Seasons of Skyrim, and the same thing happened both times), this is what happens to Skyrim.

I've got no idea where to start troubleshooting. Ideas? The only game that any graphical glitches happen in is Skyrim with ENB, so I dunno what the gently caress.

EDIT: Somebody needs to make a game using the visual stylings of the second picture, but I digress.

Ghost of Reagan Past fucked around with this message at 01:52 on Jan 9, 2014

General Morden
Mar 3, 2013

GOTTA HAVE THAT PAX BISONICA
The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Madworld Edition.

Horns
Nov 4, 2009

Ghost of Reagan Past posted:

I've been trying to get ENB working, yet whenever I grab an ENB preset (I've tried ProjectENB and Seasons of Skyrim, and the same thing happened both times), this is what happens to Skyrim.

I've got no idea where to start troubleshooting. Ideas? The only game that any graphical glitches happen in is Skyrim with ENB, so I dunno what the gently caress.

EDIT: Somebody needs to make a game using the visual stylings of the second picture, but I digress.

I don't have any advice on your technical problems (never used ENB personally), but I might be able to help with that last thing... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E1CF3GEEpEs

(BTW, not my video, just the best one of gameplay I could find without any commentary)

Gyshall
Feb 24, 2009

Had a couple of drinks.
Saw a couple of things.
By the way, another reason Mod Organizer is awesome? Click that red triangle up in the top right corner of the screen. If your virtual install order is hosed and it knows about it, you'll see something like this:

Mr. Crow
May 22, 2008

Snap City mayor for life
Shout out to Storage Helpers. It's great, it's immersive, and its perfect for making a home wherever the gently caress you want. Already have a home but need extra storage space? Bam. Or perhaps you are a sperg like me and want a specific container (strongbox?) to store jewels in but the home you like doesn't have a good spot for them? Bam.

Check it out.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Wondering if anyone could give this load a eyeball and point out if I'm missing any critical compatibility patchs or if two of these really shouldn't go together, occasionally getting spikes to 1 FPS and sometimes scripts might stop working until I reload, BOSS and such say everything is fine so I don't know where to begin.

Skyrim.esm
Update.esm
Unofficial Skyrim Patch.esp
Dawnguard.esm
Unofficial Dawnguard Patch.esp
Dragonborn.esm
Unofficial Dragonborn Patch.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel.esm
SPIKE.esm
XFLMain.esm
Wyrmstooth.esp
Better Dynamic Snow.esp
AOS.esp
AOS_DGDB Patch.esp
bardsoundsmalukah.esp
enhanced soundtrack 01.esp
FantasySoundtrackProject.esp
skyrimsoundtrackexpansion.esp
alchemysatchels.esp
bladesfactionfix.esp
Chesko_WearableLantern.esp
fixed followers.esp
hellayracedesc.esp
higherlevelenemies.esp
linked home chests.esp
Populated Dungeons Caves Ruins.esp
Populated Lands Roads Paths.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures.esp
Skyrim Immersive Creatures - DLC2.esp
Skyrim Flora Overhaul.esp
solitude smelter.esp
SkyUI.esp
Cloaks.esp
1nivWICCloaks.esp
1nivWICSkyCloaksPatch.esp
hothtrooper44_ArmorCompilation.esp
Immersive Weapons.esp
psijic mage.esp
Dr_Bandolier.esp
DeadlyDragons.esp
SkyRe_Main.esp
SkyRe_Combat.esp
SkyRe_EncounterZones.esp
SkyRe_EnemyAI.esp
SkyRe_EnemyScaling.esp
SkyRe_StandingStones.esp
Morrowloot.esp
arcanebreezehome.esp
betterriften.esp
buildablehouse.esp
CornerofTheSkyrim.esp
dnihome.esp
tos_granitehall.esp
hg.esp
Inconsequential NPCs.esp
quest_nomercy.esp
OBIS.esp
OBISDB.esp
orvarstomb2.esp
quest_pitfighter.esp
quest_sorcery.esp
Run For Your Lives.esp
When Vampires Attack.esp
westbrookkeep.esp
whiterun spruce by revan1199.esp
BetterQuestObjectives.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-Dawnguard.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-SkyRePatch.esp
Civil War Overhaul.esp
AOS_CWO Patch.esp
FireAndIceOverhaul.esp
AOS_FIO Patch.esp
Increased Bounty & Guild Rewards.esp
Skyrim bigger trees.esp
SFO - Dragonborn.esp
SkyTEST-RealisticAnimals&Predators.esp
Uncle Sheo.esp
unreadbooksglow.esp
aMidianborn_Skyforge_Weapons.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AMBSkyforgePatch.esp
tavesolitude.esp
tos_amber_guard.esp
tos_laintardale.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Illuminated Spells.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dungeons.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Dawnguard Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Exteriors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Major City Interiors.esp
Realistic Lighting Overhaul - Minor Cities and Town Interiors.esp
ClimatesOfTamriel-Dawnguard-Patch.esp
AOS_COT-DG Patch.esp
Apocalypse - The Spell Package.esp
Increased MageFlesh Duration (30min).esp
Increased MageFlesh Duration (60min).esp
Increased Candlelight Duration (60min).esp
Increased MageFlesh Duration (10min).esp
Increased Candlelight Duration (20min).esp
Increased Candlelight Duration (10min).esp
Increased Candlelight Duration (5min).esp
Increased Candlelight Duration (3min).esp
Dual Wield Parrying_SKSE.esp
DragonCombatOverhaulDragonborn.esp
Locational Damage.esp
The Dance of Death - Ultimate Edition.esp
Beards.esp
3DNPC.esp
XFLDialogue.esp
XFLPlugins.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-XFLPatch.esp
Alternate Start - Live Another Life.esp
BetterQuestObjectives-AlternateStartPatch.esp
SkyRe_Races.esp
Purewaters.esp
PurewatersDG.esp
PurewatersDB.esp
barenziahquestmarkers.esp
House Markers.esp=1
Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ReProccer.esp
Merged.esp

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal
Random reminiscence... gently caress multiplayer Elder Scrolls forever, but the one thing that does make me a little sad about Skyrim modding is that there's no Wrye Morph in the pipes. Which--when it came out--blew my mind and totally reinvented/rejuvenated Oblivion for me, letting me create and roleplay out the narratives of a collection of specialized, intermingling, eventually beloved characters. Pretty much my favorite few months in gaming ever. :3:

Does anyone else have fond memories of Wrye Morph? Or was it an obscure enough project that I'm alone in my nostalgic love? I wonder if such a thing would ever be possible in Skyrim, if anyone other than Wrye would have the daring/brains to pull it off, and how it would work with the new challenges posed by Skyrim's storyline/mechanics.

Okay done fantasizing crazy poo poo; back to playing my latest Skyrim install.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Trip report: my pile of guards eventually disappeared after I let Lydia go home and sleep on them.

atomicgeek
Jul 5, 2007

noony noony noony nooooooo
That raises some disturbing questions about your housecarl's hobbies, I think.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I like to think she's just really good at her job, and "carrying your burdens" includes carrying corpses out to the dump for me.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

I had this dream I was eating a big, meaty marshemellow...

Edmond Dantes
Sep 12, 2007

Reactor: Online
Sensors: Online
Weapons: Online

ALL SYSTEMS NOMINAL

Entropic posted:

I like to think she's just really good at her job, and "carrying your burdens" includes carrying corpses out to the dump for me.

Check her inventory. Maybe she has the corpses in there.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I'm just scared I'm gonna find her hidden room behind a bookshelf like the one in Hjerim. :gonk:

LtSmash
Dec 18, 2005

Will we next create false gods to rule over us? How proud we have become, and how blind.

-Sister Miriam Godwinson,
"We Must Dissent"

Ra Ra Rasputin posted:

Wondering if anyone could give this load a eyeball and point out if I'm missing any critical compatibility patchs or if two of these really shouldn't go together, occasionally getting spikes to 1 FPS and sometimes scripts might stop working until I reload, BOSS and such say everything is fine so I don't know where to begin.

Bashed Patch, 0.esp
ReProccer.esp
Merged.esp

If Merged.esp is a tesedit merged patch it should be before reproccer. Add a boss rule to keep it there and rerun reproccer (it will run boss and if boss puts it after reproccer.esp it won't be used in making reproccer's patch).

Mister Bates
Aug 4, 2010
I was just out hunting elk, and a bunch of bandits decided they wanted to hunt the elk herd I was stalking, ruining my kill with their badly-aimed arrows. Immediately after doing this, they were attacked by a pack of wolves out of nowhere, who killed all the bandits, then a sabre cat charged in, killed all the wolves, and ran away. Ended up working out in the end, I'm swimming in wolf pelts/meat/bones/organs now.

Also, while I was attempting to sneak up on and clear a bandit camp, the camp was assaulted by a squad of Imperial soldiers coming from the opposite direction, allowing me to shoot all the bandits in the back without any of them even realizing I was there. For some reason, I found the Imperial soldiers cheerfully marching off down the road while chatting casually to each other hilarious.

Doing the mission to rescue the Grey-Mane guy from the Thalmor camp in the far northwestern corner of the map is a whole lot harder when you're freezing to death and so weak you can barely swing an axe. As soon as I finally killed the last elf, I spent the next five minutes crouched over one of their fire pits. My character literally had ice forming on their armor.

I had a bunch of bandits join in with me to help fight a dragon, and then after the fight was over, the surviving bandits were non-hostile to me. They were rather rude and just told me to gently caress off repeatedly, but they didn't attack me. Not sure if this is vanilla behavior I just hadn't seen before or something added by a mod, but it was cool regardless.

Is there a mod which tones down the ragdolling in this game? I'm playing with the Dragon Combat Overhaul, and while it's loving amazing for the most part, I really don't like being sent flying fifty yards through the air every time a dragon lands too close to me.

Mister Bates fucked around with this message at 08:49 on Jan 9, 2014

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

Mister Bates posted:

Is there a mod which tones down the ragdolling in this game? I'm playing with the Dragon Combat Overhaul, and while it's loving amazing for the most part, I really don't like being sent flying fifty yards through the air every time a dragon lands too close to me.
There's one called "Realistic Ragdolls and Force" that I had to install for some other mod and seems to be OK?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Is there a quick and easy way to check Morrowloot has taken effect on a saved game? I installed it around level 8 and I'm not sure if it's kicked in or I need to wait for cell resets.

kaschei
Oct 25, 2005

poptart_fairy posted:

Is there a quick and easy way to check Morrowloot has taken effect on a saved game? I installed it around level 8 and I'm not sure if it's kicked in or I need to wait for cell resets.

There's a unique shield from Morrowind in a place you are likely not to have been to yet:

Basement of the hall of the vigilants, on top of a dresser or something. Because that is where you keep important, powerful, historic artifacts.

I don't know if mods can change loaded cells or how all that works, so I figure going somewhere new it useful?

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
Ah, awesome. The shield's there so it's obviously working!

I haven't explored anything beyond Whiterun yet so I guess it's just waiting for me to get to new areas.

Raygereio
Nov 12, 2012

Entropic posted:

Trip report: my pile of guards eventually disappeared after I let Lydia go home and sleep on them.
Huh.
Thread question: The base game's playerhouses are a noreset encounterzone. As far as I know, that should have meant the interior never resets and those bodies never disapear on their own. Assuming Entropic isn't using a mod that removes Breezehome's noreset flag, does the game treat bodies differently then containers and items that are lying around when resetting a cell?

Gyshall posted:

Thread, is there a way I can find out which NPCs a mod comes from easily, in game? In Oblivion, there was a mod that let you click on a dude, and then a debug menu would pop up showing the NPC, which mod added him, what level he was at, etc.
Open up the console, click on the NPC and look at the FormID it gives you. If the first two digits are not FF, you can trace it back to the mod's position in your loadorder. If they're FF, then it's a dynamically allocated ID and I have no clue how one could trace it back to whatever mod added it.
The GetLevel console command will give you the NPC's level.

Gyshall posted:

Also curious about how to find out what mesh is used in game, if that is possible.
Outside of the game you could determine this based on your installation & loadorder. MO should make this a bit easier. If you're not using MO, the order in which resources are loaded is: Registered BSAs first (loaded in the order they're listed in Skyrim.ini), then plugin BSAs (loaded in the order the corresponding plugin is listed in your loadorder) and loose files last.

poptart_fairy
Apr 8, 2009

by R. Guyovich
So, that Hunterborn mod...

I butchered a dragon and realised how heavy the meat was, so just gobbled it all down. Took a quick nap to get rid of RND's gluttonous debuff, only to realise the dragon meat buff stacks with itself and I'm currently unkillable. :v:

Xik
Mar 10, 2011

Dinosaur Gum

Raygereio posted:

Thread question: The base game's playerhouses are a noreset encounterzone. As far as I know, that should have meant the interior never resets and those bodies never disapear on their own. Assuming Entropic isn't using a mod that removes Breezehome's noreset flag, does the game treat bodies differently then containers and items that are lying around when resetting a cell?

IIRC dead body cleanup is a different script and a completely separate process to cell resets. I remember that specific detail when I was learning about the CK. It's possible that it's mentioned in one of the official youtube tutorial videos or as part of a written tutorial on the CK wiki.

e: I'm trying to find a source on the wiki and I can't. Maybe I imagined reading this?

Xik fucked around with this message at 12:05 on Jan 9, 2014

Kilroy
Oct 1, 2000

Xik posted:

IIRC dead body cleanup is a different script and a completely separate process to cell resets. I remember that specific detail when I was learning about the CK. It's possible that it's mentioned in one of the official youtube tutorial videos or as part of a written tutorial on the CK wiki.

e: I'm trying to find a source on the wiki and I can't. Maybe I imagined reading this?
No you're right. I'm not clear on the details either, but I know that e.g. bodies will be cleaned up before a cell resets in the general case. Like, if you go clear out even the outside part of a bandit camp, then go back in 2-3 days, those bodies will be gone even though there is no way the cell could have respawned by then.

I'm not sure where the timer is defined, and how it works, but corpses definitely follow different rules from everything else.

Red Mundus
Oct 22, 2010
Can anyone recommend good necromancy mods? I remember there being a good one that allowed you to pick up corpses and raise them and poo poo but it ended up being incredibly buggy.

Quift
May 11, 2012
I just had a simple yet great idea for a mod ans was wondering if it was possible to do.

read me.

Basically take the readme.txt from all the mods you have installed and create in game books which are then stored in a specific location (the library in windhold would be great).

So a simple ingame way to read the readme about a mod.
It would also be cool if it added all the ingame books that mods create to the library.
And quite possibly add a spell which allows the summoning, and placement of a bookshelf with the all the tutorials, readme etc.

Would this be possible to do?

Agents are GO!
Dec 29, 2004

Quift posted:

I just had a simple yet great idea for a mod ans was wondering if it was possible to do.

read me.

Basically take the readme.txt from all the mods you have installed and create in game books which are then stored in a specific location (the library in windhold would be great).

It would also be cool if it added all the ingame books that mods create to the library.
And quite possibly add a spell which allows the summoning, and placement of a bookshelf with the all the tutorials, readme etc.

Probably with a SkyProc utility.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks

Raygereio posted:

Huh.

The bloodstain textures on walls all disappeared fairly quickly too. I'm pretty sure bodies and battle damage (blood stains, burn marks from spells, etc.) are handled separately from dropped / stored items, at least in player houses.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Entropic posted:

The bloodstain textures on walls all disappeared fairly quickly too. I'm pretty sure bodies and battle damage (blood stains, burn marks from spells, etc.) are handled separately from dropped / stored items, at least in player houses.

Well yeah, IIRC all the blood/burn stuff is on timers measured in seconds, not days. Also there's an adjustable maximum number of those decals that can exist in the world at one time, so as you make more, the old ones will spontaneously disappear.

If for some reason you want a player house drenched in blood... Uh... You should probably accomplish that with permanent blood objects via the Construction Kit...?

Trustworthy fucked around with this message at 16:28 on Jan 9, 2014

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
Or just never pay the steward in Windhelm to clean up the Butcher house.

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

So what mod should I use to adopt all the kids? Are there mods that add adoptable children? What about orc or khajit kids?

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
I wonder if anyone's made a child soldier mod.

Praetorian Mage
Feb 16, 2008

Quift posted:

read me.

This is an interesting idea, but I'd wonder how well it would work with mods that have a fairly big readme, due to the very slow page-turning animation. I get annoyed enough having to check the components
for Midas spells. Would it be possible to make a mod that removes the page-turning animations?

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

Praetorian Mage posted:

This is an interesting idea, but I'd wonder how well it would work with mods that have a fairly big readme, due to the very slow page-turning animation. I get annoyed enough having to check the components
for Midas spells. Would it be possible to make a mod that removes the page-turning animations?

The biggest issues I see is mods that just name their readme's "readme.txt."

Emong
May 31, 2011

perpair to be annihilated

Entropic posted:

There's a mod that lets you take kids as followers.

Trustworthy
Dec 28, 2004

with catte-like thread
upon our prey we steal

Entropic posted:

Honestly I think I'd enjoy this more in the Fallout universe. Where I can give them all atomic-bomb-launching firearms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
I like the fire and ice overhaul, with fire spreading on flammable objects, but I could do without the icicles from frost, is there any mod that just has fire spreading, or failing that, is there a way to make the fire give off light so the fires aren't raging in a pitch black cave?

• Locked thread