Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

Yeah, having seen the later seasons of The Office, I'd be okay with it ending nowish. Most of the characters have gotten married and/or grown up considerably, Chris and Ann are about to get their happily ever after, and 100ish episodes is really a good run. Plus Chris Pratt's career is blowing up, Adam Scott and Amy Poehler's profiles have been raised, and Aubrey Plaza and Aziz Ansari are both starting to shape up for bigger and better things. Plus the finale episodes have always been designed as pretty good series finales.

If they did an intentional last season (like the last seasons of The Office, 30 Rock, and How I Met Your Mother) then I'd definitely be on board, but I can see Parks and Rec having worn out its welcome by 2016.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

Ironically the best point for most shows to to end is when people still want more of it, not past that point.

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

I just found out yesterday that Amy Poehler and Nick Kroll are dating. It's added a whole new dimension to reruns of episodes where Leslie and The Douche interact.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

Man, I just saw a preview for the new episode and they give away a pretty big spoiler.

NBC sucks.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

ĄTerrible es el Guerrero de Tortuga!
So, we're just not going to talk about how loving weird Aubrey Plaza was during that video? She refused to come out of tree and insisted on only doing bird calls. I'd say she's gone off the deep-end, looking at this and when she rushed the stage while Will Farrel was getting an award at some MTV thing, except she keep doing really great work in everything. If it's all an act, it's a hell of an act.

Also, she and Anna Kendrick are road-tripping to Mexico. I hope they make it back. :ohdear:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

El Tortuga posted:

So, we're just not going to talk about how loving weird Aubrey Plaza was during that video? She refused to come out of tree and insisted on only doing bird calls. I'd say she's gone off the deep-end, looking at this and when she rushed the stage while Will Farrel was getting an award at some MTV thing, except she keep doing really great work in everything. If it's all an act, it's a hell of an act.

Also, she and Anna Kendrick are road-tripping to Mexico. I hope they make it back. :ohdear:

Nobody talks about how weird Plaza was for the same reason nobody talks about how weird the actor for Perd Hapley is. Because yes, it is all an act. And it's funny (but not as funny as the TV show :allears:) you could think otherwise.

SixFigureSandwich
Oct 30, 2004
Exciting Lemon

VagueRant posted:

Do you use Firefox?

The following is taken from an old Daily Show thread:
1. Download Firefox
2. Download the Modify Headers Add-on
3. Once it is completed enter the modify headers options screen
4. Go to "Select option" and choose "Add"
5. Title the Header "X-Forwarded-For"
6. Assign the value to 12.13.14.15
7. Make sure it is enabled

It won't work on Hulu and certain sites, but it will trick Comedy Central and NBC into thinking you're in the US. (I'm British. Getting to watch P&R and Community in sweet HD and give pageviews on the official site is nice!)

Spoilers because it might hide it better from them. :tinfoil:

Doesn't work, unfortunately.

WoG
Jul 13, 2004

El Tortuga posted:

*stares blankly at you until you leave the room*

Tychtrip
May 23, 2010

We are livid souls

FadingChord posted:

I just found out yesterday that Amy Poehler and Nick Kroll are dating. It's added a whole new dimension to reruns of episodes where Leslie and The Douche interact.

I didn't know this. For some reason I feel bad for Will Arnett and I don't even know what kind of terms it ended on. :(

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Drifter posted:

Nobody talks about how weird Plaza was for the same reason nobody talks about how weird the actor for Perd Hapley is. Because yes, it is all an act. And it's funny (but not as funny as the TV show :allears:) you could think otherwise.

Aubrey Plaza is legit that weird (and hot. She is so hot). Maybe not April levels but still. Michael Schur said when he first met her she made him more uncomfortable than he's ever been. It's awesome but it's funny watching talk shows with her as the guest because if you're not someone like Conan who knows how to deal with it, she ends up weirding the host out. Case in point, there's an interview she did with George Lopez where it's super awkward (but funny).

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

El Tortuga posted:

She apparently turned Anna Kendrick into a baby turtle, so I guess that's over.

booooosh BOSSSHHHH #boshbeats

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Aubrey Plaza's definitely weird, but I'd be surprised if at least 90% of it wasn't calculated. She's offbeat in a way that complements her comedy style and acting style and feeds into the characters that she plays. Aziz Ansari's pretty similar in a less offbeat way: most of his standup could be performed by Tom Haverford (who would be just as happy hanging out with Kanye and drinking with Jay-Z as he would be talking about how marriage is a weird social construct).

They've both carved out niches that will probably bit parts and minor roles coming their way after Parks and Rec is done (see also: Offerman, Nick).

Tychtrip posted:

I didn't know this. For some reason I feel bad for Will Arnett and I don't even know what kind of terms it ended on. :(

Don't worry, he was dating Billy Joel's ex-wife and now is apparently dating his producer from Up All Night. I think his current sitcom (The Millers) is actually doing pretty well, but that's based entirely on the ads CBS plays for it.

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

FadingChord posted:

Aubrey Plaza's definitely weird, but I'd be surprised if at least 90% of it wasn't calculated. She's offbeat in a way that complements her comedy style and acting style and feeds into the characters that she plays. Aziz Ansari's pretty similar in a less offbeat way: most of his standup could be performed by Tom Haverford (who would be just as happy hanging out with Kanye and drinking with Jay-Z as he would be talking about how marriage is a weird social construct).

Yes, but Aubrey Plaza rushed the stage while Will Ferrel received some MTV award with "The To-Do List" written across her chest and tried to take the award from Ferrel, later being kicked out of the show. I'm in no way relating Aubrey Plaza to April Ludgate in this instance. I mean, Plaza is clearly a little weird, because how else could she make April the way she is. That part I gotta agree with.

Drifter posted:

Are you implying Perd Hapley's actor acts like that off of the show too?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

FadingChord posted:

Don't worry, he was dating Billy Joel's ex-wife and now is apparently dating his producer from Up All Night. I think his current sitcom (The Millers) is actually doing pretty well, but that's based entirely on the ads CBS plays for it.

The Millers pulls in good numbers (2.8 in the demo last week) albeit with The Big Bang Theory as a lead-in. Unfortunately, it's also a terrible show that wastes an excellent cast. For some reason, Greg Garcia can make quirky, likeable single cam shows but his multicams are hot garbage.

hcreight fucked around with this message at 19:08 on Jan 9, 2014

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

hcreight posted:

The Millers pulls in good numbers (2.8 in the demo last week) albeit with The Big Band Theory as a lead-in. Unfortunately, it's also a terrible show that wastes an excellent cast. For some reason, Greg Garcia can make quirky, likeable single cam shows but his multicams are hot garbage.

The cast on The Millers makes me sad with how much tallent is pooled there.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

El Tortuga posted:

Yes, but Aubrey Plaza rushed the stage while Will Ferrel received some MTV award with "The To-Do List" written across her chest and tried to take the award from Ferrel, later being kicked out of the show. I'm in no way relating Aubrey Plaza to April Ludgate in this instance. I mean, Plaza is clearly a little weird, because how else could she make April the way she is. That part I gotta agree with.

Are you implying Perd Hapley's actor acts like that off of the show too?

I'm suggesting Aubrey Plaze has created a Hollywood persona for herself - and maybe it emphasizes certain traits she already has, but to say that any particular extremes in behavior are noteworthy is a little ridiculous.

Perd's actor "acts" weird on the show, Aubrey "acts" weird elsewhere because it's probably fun and she's still developing her career as an actress. It's not noteworthy beyond saying 'hey, that's pretty funny.'

Her being in a tree during that interview wasn't weird at all. because they wrote her to do that.

As for her rushing the stage in whatever, so what? If you treat Hollywood as anything more than a WWE show when things get weird you're not really understanding the nature of the business. Sure people can act wild and crazy,because they get positively reinforced, but unless they're spiraling out of control through addiction is it really appropriate to say omg so weird it's concerning?

Drifter fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 9, 2014

VagueRant
May 24, 2012
Aubrey Plaza is a calculated crazy.

John Dough posted:

Doesn't work, unfortunately.
I'm in the UK and it totally works for me. :shrug:

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

Drifter posted:

I'm suggesting Aubrey Plaze has created a Hollywood persona for herself - and maybe it emphasizes certain traits she already has, but to say that any particular extremes in behavior are noteworthy is a little ridiculous.

Perd's actor "acts" weird on the show, Aubrey "acts" weird elsewhere because it's probably fun and she's still developing her career as an actress. It's not noteworthy beyond saying 'hey, that's pretty funny.'

Her being in a tree during that interview wasn't weird at all. because they wrote her to do that.

As for her rushing the stage in whatever, so what? If you treat Hollywood as anything more than a WWE show when things get weird you're not really understanding the nature of the business. Sure people can act wild and crazy,because they get positively reinforced, but unless they're spiraling out of control through addiction is it really appropriate to say omg so weird it's concerning?

Yeah, I don't know what you're trying to say. Aubrey Plaza acts weird because she is weird, that's my point. Of course she has cultivated this to be more extreme when she's being interviewed. I didn't say what she's done is concerning and she needs help, what I'm saying is that it's loving weird that she ran on stage with a movie plug written across her chest, silently and awkwardly tried to take an award away from Will Ferrel, and then left.

Also, I doubt NBC told her to spend her interview in the tree and refuse to answer any questions.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker wear dresses, or Jim Carrey shows up as Jim Morrison, fine, but if Aubrey Plaza acts a little kooky? gently caress her. She's weird.

Sexist much?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker wear dresses, or Jim Carrey shows up as Jim Morrison, fine, but if Aubrey Plaza acts a little kooky? gently caress her. She's weird.

Sexist much?

I'm glad you were able to get "men can be funny and strange, but women can't" from my posts, I was worried it was too subtle. Is it easy jumping to conclusions, or do you need to stretch first?

thexerox123
Aug 17, 2007

LividLiquid posted:

When Matt Stone and Trey Parker wear dresses

So you think Aubrey Plaza was also on LSD, or what?

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...
Aubrey's crazy schtick has a lot of similarities with Eric Andre's, save for his love of taking his pants off on live television. Both of them have found an amusing way to stand out that doesn't prevent them from taking normal acting jobs. What exactly is up for debate here?

El Tortuga
Apr 27, 2007

thexerox123 posted:

So you think Aubrey Plaza was also on LSD, or what?

Possibly.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

hcreight posted:

Aubrey's crazy schtick has a lot of similarities with Eric Andre's, save for his love of taking his pants off on live television. Both of them have found an amusing way to stand out that doesn't prevent them from taking normal acting jobs. What exactly is up for debate here?

Now that is an idiosyncrasy that I wish Aubrey Plaza had.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

I wonder if she knew she'd be in the exact right spot to be licking the peacock.

Frostwerks
Sep 24, 2007

by Lowtax

Doctor Reynolds posted:

I wonder if she knew she'd be in the exact right spot to be licking the peacock.

Chris Pratt looks disgusted, Rob Lowe looks nonplussed and Rashida Jones is not amused.

PriorMarcus
Oct 17, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT BEING ALLERGIC TO POSITIVITY

When I first started watching the show I really didn't like April but by the time Season Two got to it's half way she'd grown on me a lot.

That said I don't think Aubrey Plaza is anything special, especially compared to a lot of the cast around her, and I've never seen her play anyone but herself.

I'd love to see them give April the character more growth or some actual reaction to Andy's long term absence but right now it feels she's totally stalled.

Realistically I expect this is because the creators are circling the landing strip awaiting the end.

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
We are go for 100!

That's my spaghetti, Chewbacca.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
How many times did he turn the paper over?

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Potential spin-off: Chris and Ann's super-baby.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

That Lenny, what a card.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
Am I...am I Lenny now?

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

PriorMarcus posted:

When I first started watching the show I really didn't like April but by the time Season Two got to it's half way she'd grown on me a lot.

That said I don't think Aubrey Plaza is anything special, especially compared to a lot of the cast around her, and I've never seen her play anyone but herself.

I'd love to see them give April the character more growth or some actual reaction to Andy's long term absence but right now it feels she's totally stalled.

Realistically I expect this is because the creators are circling the landing strip awaiting the end.

I found season 1 Leslie obnoxious. I had almost written this show off honestly, and skipped to season 3. :(

I have rectified that since

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
Whatever you do, promise me you won't vote for Lenny!

I totally did all of it!

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
Lee Harvey Teabag

Hello Towel
Aug 9, 2010

lee harvey teabag

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

Grimey Drawer
I'm gonna need a list of those names.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
And Anthony Wiener.

HOT SQUATS
Sep 24, 2006

How all the DJ's cut