Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mad Dragon
Feb 29, 2004

Bob A Feet posted:

A guy I went to college with got drunk and beat up three disney land employees with a pvc pipe.

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131014/NEWS06/310140018/Update-Navy-aviator-training-accused-attacking-3-Disney-World

there have been no less than five different GMT's/all-hands meetings about this in the two training wings I've been in since.
Well at least he didn't try to rape anybody. :unsmith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Bob A Feet posted:

A guy I went to college with got drunk and beat up three disney land employees with a pvc pipe.

http://www.navytimes.com/article/20131014/NEWS06/310140018/Update-Navy-aviator-training-accused-attacking-3-Disney-World

there have been no less than five different GMT's/all-hands meetings about this in the two training wings I've been in since.

Phanatic
Mar 13, 2007

Please don't forget that I am an extremely racist idiot who also has terrible opinions about the Culture series.

The scariest thing about that story is that Armenian cognac apparently exists.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Confession: I too was born with an infantinfamt-sized penis.

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
My dick is ehhhhh ok

Fart Sandwiches
Apr 4, 2006

i never asked for this
I'm a grower not a shower.

It's code for having a tiny peen

Bum the Sad
Aug 25, 2002
Hell Gem

Derek Dominoe posted:

Confession: I too was born with an infantinfamt-sized penis.
I was have an infant sized penis as well. That's right my penis is the size of an infant 8lbs 2oz, 17 inches.

Bum the Sad fucked around with this message at 16:53 on Jan 7, 2014

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice
Just looked it up--turns out there is a 50% incidence of people born with a infant-sized penis. Spread awareness by sending pics.

Beach Bum
Jan 13, 2010

Derek Dominoe posted:

Just looked it up--turns out there is a 50% incidence of people born with a infant-sized penis. Spread awareness by sending pics.

Uhhhhh... :pedo:

gleep gloop
Aug 16, 2005

GROSS SHIT
50% of all people are born with a horrible condition. It leads to lower lifetime income, poorer school performance, a lack of strength, and the inability to be taken seriously. Please help raise awareness of Female.

FIDEL CASHFLOW
Oct 13, 2009

gleep gloop posted:

50% of all people are born with a horrible condition. It leads to lower lifetime income, poorer school performance, a lack of strength, and the inability to be taken seriously. Please help raise awareness of Female.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?
F->M is just another bootstrap option.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

:thejoke:

Feed Me A Cat
Jun 18, 2012
ClF3 chat: that picture of the chicken leg with flame jets shooting out of it, :wtc:

Phanatic posted:

The scariest thing about that story is that Armenian cognac apparently exists.

My roommate got a bottle from one of his Armenian buddies in Los Angeles, it's not bad. I think the brand was called Ararat? I forget how many years it was aged.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Armenian brandy is loving good, Churchill loved it and that was a man who took his hooch seriously. Nice little country for being ex-Soviet Union.

The Flipperbaby
Jun 21, 2012

"hey man, wanna see a M3 Grease Gun made entirely out of BUTT-FUCKING CLOUDS?! Shazaam!"

Snowdens Secret posted:

You can tell people what it was and why, but they won't believe you (it's on Wikipedia.) The best local-generated idea I heard was that it was a submarine refueling facility; the subs would presumably transit underground, hundreds of miles, to surface inside the dome, their fission cores kept hidden from the prying eyes of enemy satellites.

As a minor, I attended high school at RAF Menwith Hill, North Yorkshire, UK. The place looked mysterious (it had a bunch of geodesic satellite radomes)and that spawned an excess of strange conspiracy theories regarding the site. My favorite was that Menwith Hill was a secret submarine base with underground channels (just like your post). My other favorites are the following:

-The US was breeding killer bees in the satellite radomes
-The US was intentionally spreading cancer to northern England (this was a very popular belief... the lead singer of Chumbawamba began organizing annual Greenpeace protests there because he blamed Menwith Hill for giving his son cancer)
-The US was pretty much just hanging out with aliens there (of course)
-The US was enacting a sinister plot to change the weather patterns in northern England (the people who believed this had blogs which claimed that the region was always sunny and beautiful until the US Government got involved and just wanted to use their magic to make everything rainy)
-The US is trying to just straight-up kill people in North Yorkshire (for no reason, no evidence)

There was/are many equally crazy theories regarding how the US government is trying to gently caress with random people in northern England.

The Flipperbaby fucked around with this message at 12:44 on Jan 8, 2014

Asehujiko
Apr 6, 2011

The Flipperbaby posted:

As a minor, I attended high school at RAF Menwith Hill, North Yorkshire, UK. The place looked mysterious (it had a bunch of geodesic satellite radomes)and that spawned an excess of strange conspiracy theories regarding the site. My favorite was that Menwith Hill was a secret submarine base with underground channels (just like your post). My other favorites are the following:

-The US was breeding killer bees in the satellite radomes
-The US was intentionally spreading cancer to northern England (this was a very popular belief... the lead singer of Chumbawamba began organizing annual Greenpeace protests there because he blamed Menwith Hill for giving his son cancer)
-The US was pretty much just hanging out with aliens there (of course)
-The US was enacting a sinister plot to change the weather patterns in northern England (the people who believed this had blogs which claimed that the region was always sunny and beautiful until the US Government got involved and just wanted to use their magic to make everything rainy)
-The US is trying to just straight-up kill people in North Yorkshire (for no reason, no evidence)

There was/are many equally crazy theories regarding how the US government is trying to gently caress with random people in northern England.
Dutch civilian goon here. I live a few km away from the Cannerberg NATO base/limestone quarry. This place was also a large source of stupid myths.

-Nazi Germany stuffed the quarry full of wunderwaffen that NATO was waiting to spring on invading Soviets.
-Same thing but NATO was planning to turn the Low Countries into a wasteland with them for "classified experiments". That plan can be prevented by signing this here petition addressed to the Pentagon...
-As above but with US built bioweapons. Symptoms include cough, runny nose, nasal congestion and a sore throat, contact our action committee immediately if you feel you have been poisoned.
-ICBM Silos aimed at... Maastricht. Area denial weapon, you see.
-It was a nuclear missile resupply base for boomer submarine secretly travelling through the nearby canals.
-My personal favourite: It was a secret submarine pen for captured Soviet boomers, which were smuggled in through the nearby canals.

Fun fact: A captured Typhoon, if buried into the hill where the quarry is, would stick out at both ends and at the conning tower.

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.

Asehujiko posted:

Fun fact: A captured Typhoon, if buried into the hill where the quarry is, would stick out at both ends and at the conning tower.

Well, they disassemble them first obviously.

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

xpost from badwithmoney.txt, but

http://news.msn.com/in-depth/colonel-now-living-out-of-his-van

A retired colonel with 30 years service, who receives a yearly pension of 40k and worked as defence contractor for 5 years afterwards is homeless and living in his van.

I get that a lot of vets get boned from government and society both, but it's hard to muster tears for the poor O-6.

Vvvv no doubt he saw some poo poo as an int dude but compared to what most vets have to fall back on he's doing less with more for sure

Guest2553 fucked around with this message at 22:09 on Jan 9, 2014

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I feel bad in that mentally he seems broken, and should seek help for that. But still, holy poo poo.

Edit: what I'm curious about most is how somebody in his position didn't make some networking connections along the way like most seem to do. Is there really nobody else he can call for work other than a janitor?

shyduck fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 9, 2014

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro
All USAF O-6+'s should be forced in to homelessness and castrated to prevent them from spreading their terrible ways elsewhere. Society is usually a tremendous gently caress up but I think it knocked it out of the park on this one.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

Guest2553 posted:

A retired colonel with 30 years service, who receives a yearly pension of 40k and worked as defence contractor for 5 years afterwards is homeless and living in his van.

I get that a lot of vets get boned from government and society both, but it's hard to muster tears for the poor O-6.

Vvvv no doubt he saw some poo poo as an intended dude but he's doing less with more for sure

Anyone who can't figure out how to live on $40k a year is a goddamn moron.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Stultus Maximus posted:

Anyone who can't figure out how to live on $40k a year is a goddamn moron.

Or maybe he's living the bachelor dream and just milking it for more donations. Like an O6 version of "Homeless Vet Pls Halp" sign, while he's getting a 40k pension which he uses on booze and cheap dates.

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Wasabi the J posted:

Or maybe he's living the bachelor dream and just milking it for more donations. Like an O6 version of "Homeless Vet Pls Halp" sign, while he's getting a 40k pension which he uses on booze and cheap dates.

If thats the case I'll actually respect him

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Well guys if you read the article you will find out he is paying for his kids college and bills he racked up while living the high-life as an O-6.

One would think that someone who can get multiple degrees could plan a little bit ahead on things like that when they know they are going to retire.

edit : also I bet he is giving his wife a bunch of loving alimony.

Sax Offender
Sep 9, 2007

College Slice

Wasabi the J posted:

He's like the student at my medical school who tried to live at the library to save money.

vains
May 26, 2004

A Big Ten institution offering distance education catering to adult learners

ded posted:

Well guys if you read the article you will find out he is paying for his kids college and bills he racked up while living the high-life as an O-6.

One would think that someone who can get multiple degrees could plan a little bit ahead on things like that when they know they are going to retire.

edit : also I bet he is giving his wife a bunch of loving alimony.

He is getting 78k/yr pre-tax, 56k/yr post tax. Figure his first wife is getting a big chuck of that, depending on how long they were married. He actually probably gets more since he joined before 1980.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

ded posted:

I did read it, and concluded:

quote:

So, idiot.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Heard some story today about a guy who thought he was being really clever by throwing away all his garbage at the base, and not paying for garbage service. Until he threw away an old alarm clock which went off and EOD got involved.

lightpole
Jun 4, 2004
I think that MBAs are useful, in case you are looking for an answer to the question of "Is lightpole a total fucking idiot".

Guest2553 posted:

Vvvv no doubt he saw some poo poo as an intended dude but he's doing less with more for sure

See this poo poo all the time in the merchant marine. People take their $500k-$1.5kk buy out or a large pension and their life falls apart at retirement. All the things that kept them and their relationship in a "normal" state have disappeared. These are people with the skills and network to easily make six figures working a couple days a month after retiring at 50 but who are now struggling to find a place to live since they can't readjust or operate back in the real world. What Im saying is get in, get out, don't stick around long enough for your brain to get more hosed up than it already is.

Snowdens Secret
Dec 29, 2008
Someone got you a obnoxiously racist av.
If only we had some sort of Congressionally mandated transition program for these people to address these exact issues

Guest2553
Aug 3, 2012

Snowdens Secret posted:

If only we had some sort of Congressionally mandated transition program for these people to address these exact issues

but MAH FREEDOMS :tinfoil: gently caress you dad government you're not the boss of me

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur

Stultus Maximus posted:

I did read it, and concluded:

quote:

several degrees

So, idiot.

From where? And why the gently caress aren't his kids working on scholarships and loans? Or joining the army and making the same mistake a familial one.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus

From where? And why the gently caress aren't his kids working on scholarships and loans? Or joining the army and making the same mistake a familial one.
[/quote]

I don't think it says were from.

quote:

After a 30-year military career in which he earned three graduate degrees, rose to the rank of colonel, and served as an aide to Pentagon brass, Robert Freniere can guess what people might say when they learn he's unemployed and lives out of his van:

Could be excelsior poo poo.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
At least one is probably war college.

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...
Regardless, the guy is a dumbass. Can we all agree on that

Busket Posket
Feb 5, 2010

✨ⓡⓐⓨⓜⓞⓝⓓ✨
Ignore that it's from "cheezburger.com," but here's a fun compilation video:

http://cheezburger.com/57477121

genderstomper58
Jan 10, 2005

by XyloJW

Bob A Feet posted:

Regardless, the guy is a dumbass. Can we all agree on that

agreeing w/ bobafeet itt

shyduck
Oct 3, 2003

I have the local news on right now (Fox 29 Philly), and at the bottom of the hour Inside Edition comes on. They just teased an interview with Colonel Dumbass.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I saw that about two hours ago. It's a sadsack piece of poo poo story, maybe a minute. Dude's a loving moron and probably a Phoenix.