Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Tremendous Taste posted:

Telling someone they're wrong about their orientation is kinda lovely, if I'm reading that right.

You're not. It was a joke.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

E: nm derail

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

^^^^ I think that kind of language, among teenagers, is common. If it is politically correct or not is a whole other matter and in 10 or so years, it'll probably be as offensive as racial and gay slurs.

Rhyno posted:

No, it's the unused Alex Ross-designed film costume.

But it has the larger Spider symbol similar to Reilly's Spider-Man outfit.

Never seen the Ross one before. Except for the small spider, it looks pretty similar.

Rohan Kishibe
Oct 29, 2011

Frankly, I don't like you
and I never have.
All the Spider-men costumes recently are just reinforcing for me the fact that they really should've stuck with the original red/black colour scheme all these years.

Cabbit posted:

Young Avengers 15.

Is Jamie McKelvie working on anything else these days now that book is cancelled? His art is just great.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

notthegoatseguy posted:

^^^^ I think that kind of language, among teenagers, is common. If it is politically correct or not is a whole other matter and in 10 or so years, it'll probably be as offensive as racial and gay slurs.

But it has the larger Spider symbol similar to Reilly's Spider-Man outfit.

Never seen the Ross one before. Except for the small spider, it looks pretty similar.

Ben's spider logo was enormous, it extended through the field of red. Spock's is pretty close to the Ross design. Ramos even said it was the Ross design. Stop arguing.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

Cabbit posted:

Marvel, getting better about queer characters:

Young Avengers 15.

I like how in the first panel, Doop is all, "Okay, kids. Party's over. Get in the loving Blackbird."

Electric_Mud
May 31, 2011

>10 THRUST "ROBO_COX"
>20 GOTO 10

Rhyno posted:

Her powers involve traveling between dimensions and that's how she accesses them.

Cabbit posted:

To be more specific, a giant white star appears and she shatters it to create a portal.

Ah ha, thank you.

Senior Woodchuck
Aug 29, 2006

When you're lost out there and you're all alone, a light is waiting to carry you home

Prison Warden posted:

All the Spider-men costumes recently are just reinforcing for me the fact that they really should've stuck with the original red/black colour scheme all these years.

Is Jamie McKelvie working on anything else these days now that book is cancelled? His art is just great.

He and Gillen are doing a book for Image next.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Didn't they say they had a new Marvel book planned to replace YA?

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Hakkesshu posted:

Didn't they say they had a new Marvel book planned to replace YA?

I thought he did too, but I guess I was mistaken.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

d00gZ posted:

I thought he did too, but I guess I was mistaken.

No, he definitely did. I think plans just changed.

Sally
Jan 9, 2007

Don't post Small Dash!

Prison Warden posted:

Haha! Now I can make jokes about Spider-Man being a low-rent Deadpool knock-off!

Source: Posehn and Duggan's Deadpool #5

FredMSloniker
Jan 2, 2008

Why, yes, I do like Kirby games.

Blind Sally posted:

Haha! Now I can make jokes about Spider-Man being a low-rent Deadpool knock-off!

Source: Posehn and Duggan's Deadpool #5

All it needs is the kid offering Deadpool a Coke.

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

FredMSloniker posted:

All it needs is the kid offering Deadpool a Coke.

drat straight! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xffOCZYX6F8

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

If you're already getting the reference then clearly the Coke isn't needed. Even on the Simpsons they used a danish instead.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander
Mar 14, 2007

Is a man not entitled to the haw of his maw?
Grimey Drawer

Rhyno posted:

Her powers involve traveling between dimensions and that's how she accesses them.

Wait, they superboy prime'd a mutant in 616?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Stupid_Sexy_Flander posted:

Wait, they superboy prime'd a mutant in 616?

She's not from 616, she's from Planet New York.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Isn't she from Earth-2XX or something? I keep thinking that she is her world's The Captain.

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless
Anyone got more Rat Queens?

Favorite panel...

Rat Queens #1.

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

For all the young whippersnappers out there: this commercial is why they have a fetish for waving around towels at Pittsburgh Steelers games to this day.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Meanwhile over in Gotham City.

So during this Arkham War, the crazies have taken over Gotham in Batman's absence and carved it up into their own little fifedoms. And the regular people of Gotham are paying the price.

Bane has decided to make his move, and come in with an army loyal to him, along with a load of mercenaries and made their base camp in Blackgate prison. Bane's forces have cause the Arkhamites to rally and operate against a common foe. Bane is stumped, why does no one fear him. The Penguin ends up spelling it out to him. Once you operate in Gotham, you fear the Bat. Everyone is small potatoes after that.

So taking this to the logical conclusion, Bane decides that he needs to dress up as Batman to inspire fear.
And if he's going to be Batman, he needs a Robin, enter Talon. What follows is an issue of the new Dynamic Duo running around Gotham kicking rear end and actually helping out the norms while stomping all over the Arkhamites.

This is my favourite two pages, where Bane and Talon beat up a thug who looks like Manu Bennett. That second last panel just cracks me up.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

The Question IRL posted:

Meanwhile over in Gotham City.

So during this Arkham War, the crazies have taken over Gotham in Batman's absence and carved it up into their own little fifedoms. And the regular people of Gotham are paying the price.

Bane has decided to make his move, and come in with an army loyal to him, along with a load of mercenaries and made their base camp in Blackgate prison. Bane's forces have cause the Arkhamites to rally and operate against a common foe. Bane is stumped, why does no one fear him. The Penguin ends up spelling it out to him. Once you operate in Gotham, you fear the Bat. Everyone is small potatoes after that.

So taking this to the logical conclusion, Bane decides that he needs to dress up as Batman to inspire fear.
And if he's going to be Batman, he needs a Robin, enter Talon. What follows is an issue of the new Dynamic Duo running around Gotham kicking rear end and actually helping out the norms while stomping all over the Arkhamites.

This is my favourite two pages, where Bane and Talon beat up a thug who looks like Manu Bennett. That second last panel just cracks me up.

That could actually be awesome. I agree about the second last panel there: BatBane doing his "Bat-breaker" on the thug is a nice touch.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Man, Superior Spider-Man has fallen a long way.

Whiz Comics #89

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Crossposting this from the terrible runs thread because it's a classic. Also that whole linked album's great.

lowercase16 posted:

Suddenly getting punked with a hit to the head is kind of Hal's deal.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dlanod/sets/72157594208628528/

This one's my favorite:

This one is my favorite:

Right up there with Newspaper Spider-Man, Hal.

Green Lantern v2 #5

Soonmot
Dec 19, 2002

Entrapta fucking loves robots

Grimey Drawer

The MSJ posted:

Isn't she from Earth-2XX or something? I keep thinking that she is her world's The Captain.

212, area code in NYC, I guess. Also this awesome video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i3Jv9fNPjgk

However, NYC has nothing on Chicago's 312, which is a yummy beer as well as my old area code.

Mr Wind Up Bird
Jan 23, 2004

i'm a goddamn coward
but then again so are you

TwoPair posted:

Crossposting this from the terrible runs thread because it's a classic. Also that whole linked album's great.

This one is my favorite:

Right up there with Newspaper Spider-Man, Hal.

Green Lantern v2 #5
This is cheating because it's from the Superfriends cartoon but I think it's probably the best "Hal Jordan gets knocked out by something" thing to ever happen

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5amfo0skBr8&t=115s

I'm still waiting for Sirena to appear in the comics in a space bikini and have her murder a billion people.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
As long as that murder was committed with a billion space owls. Or just one extremely overworked owl.

Zero_Tactility
Nov 25, 2007

Look into my eyes.

Mr. Maltose posted:

As long as that murder was committed with a billion space owls. Or just one extremely overworked owl.
Devote a couple panels to having her deploy her attack owl and then just have people in the background getting smacked in the back of the head by owls across various titles for a couple months.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Finally, the sort of event we can all get behind.

Lars Blitzer
Aug 17, 2004

He drinks a Whiskey drink, he drinks a Vodka drink
He drinks a Lager drink, he drinks a Cider drink...

Dick Tracy's number one fan.

Zero_Tactility posted:

Devote a couple panels to having her deploy her attack owl and then just have people in the background getting smacked in the back of the head by owls across various titles for a couple months.

Start with Talon and Stryx in Birds of Prey.

Sylphosaurus
Sep 6, 2007

Say Nothing posted:

Anyone got more Rat Queens?

Favorite panel...

Rat Queens #1.
Yeah, I really need to get hold of this comic now.

apsouthern
May 24, 2007

Chain Gang Soldier

Captain America with some handy expositional retconning, followed by sinister old men they met only minutes earlier keeping the young boys around "for morale"

Invaders Annual 1977

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
My god, Cap's eyes in the first panel... and everyone's eyes in general, but mostly that one.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Elfface posted:

My god, Cap's eyes in the first panel... and everyone's eyes in general, but mostly that one.

Hey, Cap's right eye is always on the lookout for enemies of America. No matter what the rest of him is doing.

It's a long standing tradition.

http://bullyscomics.blogspot.ie/2008/08/inch-high-mutant-guy.html

(See image number 4.)

(From Captain America Annual #4.)

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

No clue on the source.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wolverine's been there.

fatherdog
Feb 16, 2005

ALL THAT I SEE
OPHIDIAN HORROR

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
Creatures are invading Earth. Tokyo is not impressed.

Journey into Mystery 649

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
For Rro, the day he graced Japan was the most important day of his life but for the Japanese, it was Tuesday.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

SynthOrange posted:

No clue on the source.

Five minutes later...

GR: So, anyone up for barbecued snake?

• Locked thread