Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

UberJumper posted:

Alright i will add Kagain, i honestly wasn't going for an evil party. Its just that Dorn is pretty decent as a characther, so was Viconia.

Also uhhh, so i kicked out minsc and dynatheir went with him, this was a long time ago (in the area where you recruit dorn). Where exactly do they go? I am pretty sure Minsc has a bunch of quest items, and some good gear.

Unless you have a mod that sends them to an inn they stay in the area you kicked them out in. They'll be at the tavern in Nashkel, the Jovial Juggler in Beregost or at the friendly arm if you have the mod. If you don't have such a mod installed you might be kind of screwed. You might be able to use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("OH1000") to get to the area though.

Edit: It might be C:MoveToArea("OH1000") for BG:EE.

sweet geek swag fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Jan 10, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
They gently caress off forever if your Reputation is at a point incompatible with their alignment when you remove them from the party.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever
What are the mods out there that let you send all non-active NPC's to the same spot? I know there's one for Trilogy because it's being used right now in a Big World Project LP, but I wasn't sure A) what it was (maybe a component of something else) and B) if it was updated for either or both of the Enhanced Editions.

I finished BG1EE some months ago (ironically ended just before that last superpatch that fixed a bunch of things) and am going to carry on into BG2EE once they work out some of the kinks. I don't think that I'll carry any of the new NPC's through the entire game - just thinking about Hexxat makes me mildly nauseous - but I will probably do all of the character-specific content and having a central recruitment area of some sort for party members is a bit convenience.

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."

caleramaen posted:

Unless you have a mod that sends them to an inn they stay in the area you kicked them out in. They'll be at the tavern in Nashkel, the Jovial Juggler in Beregost or at the friendly arm if you have the mod. If you don't have such a mod installed you might be kind of screwed. You might be able to use CLUAConsole:MoveToArea("OH1000") to get to the area though.

Edit: It might be C:MoveToArea("OH1000") for BG:EE.

I've been doing this manually every time I swap someone out so I can remember where they are, which leads to a lot of backtracking and inventory shuffling. I may just need this mod.

Zeratanis
Jun 16, 2009

That's kind of a weird thought isn't it?
I've been playing through BG1 for the first time(via BGT from the OP, with some tweaks on such as happy npc cause I'm a wimp) and oh my god what have I been missing out on? I've attempted to play the game in the past and never got far but now is the first time I've made the serious effort to go through the series.

Been running a mage PC, and having very little spells to play with in combat gets a bit hard, buuut thankfully I found that one ring at the Friendly Arm(found it due to the co-op LP) so that helps. Been pretty standard so far, running and crying from anything that looks like it might hurt, lobbing rocks and arrows. Just opened the bandit camp and my party is CHARNAME, Imoen, Jaheira, Viconia, Minc, and Kivan, which has been working out wonderfully so far. Highlights so far:

Having to restart the game(only an hour lost thankfully) because Beregost somehow broke on me and when I started my game up, I couldn't leave the map because it told me I had to gather my party, despite having them. Learned to save outside the town before doing anything in there and I died.

Upon starting Minsc's quest(before getting Kivan/Viconia, still having Khalid), I was pulling the standard run and shoot strat. Orge Berkerzers were definitely the scariest thing. Part way through the Gnoll Stronghold I was looking through my party and I noticed that we were mostly 2/3, so I decided "Y'know what? Minsc is level 3, has a 2 handed sword, and plate mail. I'll give him a shot in melee." So I had him walk up to a gnoll, and after taking a few shots from my party, he swung and the gnoll loving EXPLODED. :aaa: Needless to say Minsc is still on melee. A bit later after getting Kivan I did the Silke quest. That poo poo wasn't right so I tried fighting her. I say try though because immediately after interrupting a spell with a magic missile Minsc made her explode. Mein Gott Minsc.

Learned that things exploded also apply to your party, as I got ambushed by a bunch of archer bandits with 2 worgs. Was busy trying to keep my PC safe and didn't notice a worg walking up to Imoen until it was too late and it bit her for almost 25 damage, causing her to pop like a pimple... :stare: I reloaded to say the least, only after watching Minsc walk around a giant circle massacring the rest of the enemies as I stared in awe at both his carnage and Imoen's fate.

Finished the mines with very little trouble(died to boss once), as I somehow managed to position myself so none of the boss's summons even aggroed and Minsc tanked him and then spanked him so quick he didn't even surrender. The assassins after were honestly much more of a pain in the rear end and even with Viconia and Jaheira's heals they would take out Minsc and then the rest of my party shortly after. The winning round though was decided when I hit the group with a well placed Horror at the start causing three of them to run around and letting us pick them off one at a time.

Think I'll go do some more sidequest before tackling the bandit camp. I love this game.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Nonsense. I have not yet begun to defile myself.

Yeah, I think doing a certain amount of damage below 0 HP (that is, Gnoll has 3 HP and loses 20 or somesuch) means an explosion. Incidentally if this happens to one of your characters they can't be resurrected, as there's no body.

Sleep of Bronze
Feb 9, 2013

If I could only somewhere find Aias, master of the warcry, then we could go forth and again ignite our battle-lust, even in the face of the gods themselves.
-10 and below result in a chunk.

biscuits and crazy
Oct 10, 2012
As far as I know, the only mod that allows you to send NPCs to inns compatible with BG1 EE at the moment is SCS. That mod also contains a component that allows NPC pairs to separate. You wouldn't need to install the difficulty increasing components either, just the initialise component (the first thing you're asked to install) and the NPC components. You can skip literally everything else.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Ilyich posted:

As far as I know, the only mod that allows you to send NPCs to inns compatible with BG1 EE at the moment is SCS. That mod also contains a component that allows NPC pairs to separate. You wouldn't need to install the difficulty increasing components either, just the initialise component (the first thing you're asked to install) and the NPC components. You can skip literally everything else.

Thanks, that's great. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to play BG2EE it will be updated for that as well.

sweet geek swag
Mar 29, 2006

Adjust lasers to FUN!

JustJeff88 posted:

Thanks, that's great. Hopefully by the time I'm ready to play BG2EE it will be updated for that as well.

It's not necessary in BG2. NPC's go back to set locations in that game, and there are no pairs.

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Now that I think about it, I think the transitional area "map" is the same one every time you visit it. I seem to recall getting a dude turned to stone by a basilisk in a random encounter on a no-reload run, running for it, and getting jumped hours later and being like "oh hey look it's stoned garrick! neat!" or whatever. (I still didn't have a way to free him so he remained a statue.)

So head toward Nashkel and then the Gnoll fortress and keep traveling back and forth until you get a random encounter in that transitional area.

Minsc and Dynaheir should be there.

Which is a little game-y, but then so is the fact that their "disappearance" is due to a programming oversight that they clearly knew to correct in BG2.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
So the EE writers are not native english speakers, right?

inscrutable horse
May 20, 2010

Parsing sage, rotating time

The EE storylines aren't fantastic, I'll admit, but there's no need to disparage their English skills.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

inscrutable horse posted:

The EE storylines aren't fantastic, I'll admit, but there's no need to disparage their English skills.

Not when it's so much easier to disparage their non-existent coding skills! :rimshot:

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

inscrutable horse posted:

Full stops are not a substitute for commas and semicolons.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

caleramaen posted:

It's not necessary in BG2. NPC's go back to set locations in that game, and there are no pairs.

I know this, but I find it convenient that everyone goes back to the same place. I'm a completionist sort and I like doing everyone's individual content, though I have my favourite NPCs like anyone else. I generally make a sort of house rule where any character that joins my party at any time has the exact same number of exp as the main, so everyone keeps up without passing "me" by. I wish that someone would make a mod for that.

gender illusionist posted:

Full stops are not a substitute for commas and semicolons.

Genuinely laughed out loud at this

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

JustJeff88 posted:

I know this, but I find it convenient that everyone goes back to the same place. I'm a completionist sort and I like doing everyone's individual content, though I have my favourite NPCs like anyone else. I generally make a sort of house rule where any character that joins my party at any time has the exact same number of exp as the main, so everyone keeps up without passing "me" by. I wish that someone would make a mod for that.
Select the NPC, type CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(number)

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

So that was an...odd glitch. Doing Dorn's quest, I got to the bit where he fights Hammer's group. Killed them, the witch turns up and does her thing. Then she teleports away...er, I think that was the idea, but another one of her teleported in. Then another, then another. Suddenly there were dozens of her and I had to alt tab out of the game as it wasn't going to stop.

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

DeathChicken posted:

So that was an...odd glitch. Doing Dorn's quest, I got to the bit where he fights Hammer's group. Killed them, the witch turns up and does her thing. Then she teleports away...er, I think that was the idea, but another one of her teleported in. Then another, then another. Suddenly there were dozens of her and I had to alt tab out of the game as it wasn't going to stop.

I guess you weren't aware that BG2/EE was programmed on the Infinity Engine. :rimshot:

Factor_VIII
Feb 2, 2005

Les soldats se trouvent dans la vérité.

DeathChicken posted:

That happened to me as well. What I did was reload from before I visited that area and refought the hammers. For whatever reason the second time that scene progressed normally and only one witch appeared.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I just wanted to say:

The Drow rule supreme!

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

of SA-Mart forever

Factor_VIII posted:

Select the NPC, type CLUAConsole:SetCurrentXP(number)

Totally forgot about that because I never use the console and stick to WhateverKeeper. Thanks.

homeless poster posted:

I guess you weren't aware that BG2/EE was programmed on the Infinity Engine. :rimshot:

:golfclap:

(I actually laughed quite a bit at this and I hate you for it)

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice
Hey so where's all the trademeet merchants gone? I need to pickpocket them (EE, finished trademeet quests).

Freaking Crumbum
Apr 17, 2003

Too fuck to drunk

gender illusionist posted:

Hey so where's all the trademeet merchants gone? I need to pickpocket them (EE, finished trademeet quests).

Is it night time or did you finish the trademeet / druid feud the evil way? Either of those things make the merchants go away. If you did the town quest and resolved it "correctly" and it isn't night time, then you might need to just edit whatever gear you wanted onto your characters.

the fart question
Mar 21, 2007

College Slice

homeless poster posted:

Is it night time or did you finish the trademeet / druid feud the evil way? Either of those things make the merchants go away. If you did the town quest and resolved it "correctly" and it isn't night time, then you might need to just edit whatever gear you wanted onto your characters.

Well I never! In all the times I've finished this I don't think I've noticed that those merchants are away at night.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

Tee hee, doing most of the quest stuff before I went against the Shadow Thieves was fun. Aran Linveil didn't like having a Pit Fiend summoned at his door. :v:

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

homeless poster posted:

Resolving the Trademeet situation evilly has no bearing on the merchants as long as you also deal with Ihtafeer.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl
I just got out of Firkraags dungeon, and now Dorn is complaining we haven't gone to do his thing at the temple yet. However if I click the dialogue option that takes me there, he gets stuck trying to talk to me over and over. I've seen this asked before here, or something similar, but I can't remember what the solution is?

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

I have to say, as much as I like the new characters, the writing in BG2EE is not as good as the originals. I frequently find myself forced to choose the lesser of three evils when given conversation options, and invariably provide the NPC the opportunity to say something condescending about how stupid/naive/ignorant I am. Forced failure in a game is pretty terrible under most circumstances, but setting the player up for wicked burns from his companions is pretty stupid. Moreso with Hexxat and Dorn than Rassad.

General story isn't as good either. Hexxat's questline involves three new areas, all of which have the same concentric ring formation - even though they're not supposed to be related at all. Dorn's quest has a bunch of weird choices to make and has one insufferable area where you are 99% likely to be attacked by two Ankheg's if you rest, but there is a "boss" type fight coming up and you're arbitrarily forbidden from resting in that area. There's just so much about it that's kind of boneheaded.

I do really like Hexxat's character though. The rest I can take or leave. One line in Rassad's quest was just brilliant though:

Bridge Guard: Hey! What are you doing here?
Me: Let me answer your question with a question! How many dead guards does it take for me to cross this bridge? The answer is entirely up to you!

EDIT:
VVV I can't check right now, but I was 99% sure that the cave was one of those "Nope, for no reason you're not allowed to even try to sleep here" areas. I may have been mistaken. Is there more than one cave - are you talking about the fight-cave?

Wingless fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Jan 14, 2014

Space Pussy
Feb 19, 2011

Wingless posted:

General story isn't as good either. Hexxat's questline involves three new areas, all of which have the same concentric ring formation - even though they're not supposed to be related at all. Dorn's quest has a bunch of weird choices to make and has one insufferable area where you are 99% likely to be attacked by two Ankheg's if you rest, but there is a "boss" type fight coming up and you're arbitrarily forbidden from resting in that area. There's just so much about it that's kind of boneheaded.

You can rest inside the cave in that area.

Wingless posted:

[quote]EDIT:
VVV I can't check right now, but I was 99% sure that the cave was one of those "Nope, for no reason you're not allowed to even try to sleep here" areas. I may have been mistaken. Is there more than one cave - are you talking about the fight-cave?

The one by the waterfall. I'm 100% sure you can rest there since that's exactly what I did after the Ankhegs wouldn't leave me alone.

And I completely disagree with you btw. Dorns/Hexxat quests owned and were better than anything companion related from the base game, save for Edwin with tits I guess.

Space Pussy fucked around with this message at 15:38 on Jan 14, 2014

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Wingless posted:

There's just so much about it that's kind of boneheaded.

In that sense it sort of captures my memories of actual Dungeons and Dragons games I played with friends when I was a teenager. What with a DM who barely knew what he was doing, reusing the same dungeon maps over and over. A bunch of idiot player trying to screw each other over at any opportunity, which could put the jerk companions into a better context. Perhaps that was Beamdogs intention all along (probably not).

SageNytell
Sep 28, 2008

<REDACT> THIS!
So I'm starting a BG1 multiplayer game with a friend who's never played the game and I decided to try out the Avenger kit on a Druid. What should I expect? Any good gear for druids available in BG1? I always kitted Jaheira out as more of a fighter who happens to have heal spells than a caster.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

SageNytell posted:

So I'm starting a BG1 multiplayer game with a friend who's never played the game and I decided to try out the Avenger kit on a Druid. What should I expect? Any good gear for druids available in BG1? I always kitted Jaheira out as more of a fighter who happens to have heal spells than a caster.

I think if you are going to play the avenger as a sort of back up ranged guy, you would do well to take slings as a proficiency. I think BG:EE adds some cool bullet ammunition to that arsehole wizard guy near beregost, which might give him an extra bit of utility. BG:EE also added a few magical clubs which are a druidy type weapon, but staves are another decent enough choice. If I am not mistaken in the EE games you can get a bonus to sling damage for being strong, so max out STR and DEX, which could also be useful if you wanted to shapeshift. Thinking about it an Avenger could be a cool character. I might have to give it a go myself.

Wingless
Mar 3, 2009

Space Pussy posted:

The one by the waterfall. I'm 100% sure you can rest there since that's exactly what I did after the Ankhegs wouldn't leave me alone.

No no, I mean the one at the end, where there is a ritual and a fight. I didn't even realise there was another cave - I just made the Dryady lady gimme the stone.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

The second fight during the ritual thing was so weird. Opening move, the Marilith stuns everyone but Neera and Hexxat. I say to hell with it, start hitting with those two...and she dies. I was like, huh? It's not like there were any instant death weapons I was using that could have worked, unless she's secretly an Air Elemental.

Nuclear War
Nov 7, 2012

You're a pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty pretty girl

Nuclear War posted:

I just got out of Firkraags dungeon, and now Dorn is complaining we haven't gone to do his thing at the temple yet. However if I click the dialogue option that takes me there, he gets stuck trying to talk to me over and over. I've seen this asked before here, or something similar, but I can't remember what the solution is?

Anyone?

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Wingless posted:

I have to say, as much as I like the new characters, the writing in BG2EE is not as good as the originals. I frequently find myself forced to choose the lesser of three evils when given conversation options, and invariably provide the NPC the opportunity to say something condescending about how stupid/naive/ignorant I am. Forced failure in a game is pretty terrible under most circumstances, but setting the player up for wicked burns from his companions is pretty stupid. Moreso with Hexxat and Dorn than Rassad.

I do really like Hexxat's character though. The rest I can take or leave. One line in Rassad's quest was just brilliant though:

Bridge Guard: Hey! What are you doing here?
Me: Let me answer your question with a question! How many dead guards does it take for me to cross this bridge? The answer is entirely up to you!

EDIT:

I didn't notice much in the way of forced burns with Hexxat, but I agree her storyline was pretty weak at best.

I thought the only particularly well done plot was Dorn's, really. Dorn may sass you now and then but that's just because he's kind of an rear end in a top hat, it's expected with him.

DeathChicken
Jul 9, 2012

If anything, Hexxat is incredibly subdued. She usually never strays beyond one sentence to the effect of "That's your choice, and the consequences are yours too."

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

Also the game at least gives you plenty of opportunities to counter-sass Dorn and put him in his place.

I forget if it's BG1EE or BG2EE where he whines that you talk your way through some problems, you explain to him that sometimes you get better results with a word than a sword and he's all PERHAPS FOR SOME MEN BUT NOT FOR DORN IL-KHAAAAAN.

One of the responses you can give to this is "Precisely, which is why you should shut the gently caress up and let me do the talking".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Tales of the Sword Coast Talk: It took a few hours and a few thousand gold in potions, but I finally killed Aec'Letec. I like how the aftermath reads like the devs got sick of working on Sword Coast and just ended it. No rewards or reputation bump, and the "Hey we won" convo with the dwarf is maybe one line.

I now have a party of Level 7s twinked out in Durlag's Tower gear and about 60k gold after pissing money away on potions and an archmage robe for Neera, and I'm only just entering Baldur's Gate. I wish I paid closer attention to the utility of potions before going through Durlag, though, since the place is filled to the brim with them. I had been steamrolling through everything up to the end of Durlag and then Aec'Letec, so I stopped picking up potions. That and I lost a party member to a basilisk and inventory space was at a premium.