Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics
for real? huh

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
i got eXistenZ on blu-ray because i really wanted to watch it and I mentioned that to the guy who recommended it to me and he's all, "ooh, i've been really wanting to watch it again" and now i can't watch it until we get together again :mad:

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

It's always a pleasant surprise to find this guy is actually correct about something, thanks for the education.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

amarantinesky posted:

Unless you're dating him or best friends, I'm pretty sure it's ok to watch it whenever you want.

best friends.

----------------

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:01 on Apr 4, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

amarantinesky posted:

You should probably wait, then.

On the plus side you have at least one friend who like you, congrats! All my friends moved away so I figure I'm a pretty terrible friend. :smith:

pretty much everyone I know moved to the pacific north west. they keep telling me to move there too, so i assume it's not that they don't like me, they just like Oregon/Washington more.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
On an unrelatednote, Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones is the best Paranormal Activity.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

amarantinesky posted:

You should probably wait, then.

On the plus side you have at least one friend who like you, congrats! All my friends moved away so I figure I'm a pretty terrible friend. :smith:

Aww, all my friends moved away too. Such is life in the years after college.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Apr 4, 2014

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

glandmine posted:

for real? huh

Haven't you ever donated blood? They ask if you've had gay sex.

The ban is at the federal level, too, it's a FDA restriction.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Yelp, just gonna casually endorsethe extinction of the human race

just saying, if we didn't exist the ice caps wouldn't be melting and a bunch of species wouldn't have gone extinct

boom boom boom posted:

pretty much everyone I know moved to the pacific north west. they keep telling me to move there too, so i assume it's not that they don't like me, they just like Oregon/Washington more.

the pacific northwest is pretty awesome, I want to move up there some day

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
I should go to bed but classes start next Monday so this is one of my last chances to stay up late playing videogames and eating ice cream.

amarantinesky posted:

I didn't even know there was a 5th. I liked 3 because backstory is fun, also creepy little kids are creepy.

For some reason I found Sinister super scary if only for the home movies. Also The Conjuring was pretty decent. Yay horror movies.

Life after college is the worst.

It took a bit of effort to remember what happened in the fourth. The big gimmick was they had a Kinect which I guess works by firing IR lasers in all directions o in nightvision the room would be covered in dots that would move if there was an otherwise invisible ghost.
Also, they might have introduced the Midwive's house, and explained what the demon was, but those parts could have been in the third one
Honestly, three and four are pretty blended together in my memory.

----------------

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Captain Backslap posted:

I tried arguing to my mom why this rule was homophobic but for all her liberalness she kept insisting that gay guys have more of a chance of having AIDS and therefore the rule isn't terrible and exclusionary

Cucking Mama
Sep 27, 2013

Gold Medalist, 2014 shit post olympics

Captain Backslap posted:

no, I've never given blood. it just never occurred to me to try I guess.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

amarantinesky posted:

That's pretty much why I'm awake as well.
The 4th Paranormal Activity was really boring except when (spoiler?)the girl got locked in the garage and almost got carbon monoxide poisoning from the car. I thought that was kind of creative. The kinect thing was so dumb, oh my god. The 3rd movie followed the sisters when they were little kids and there's an imaginary friend, something that's always horrifying. If you like scary movies the two I mentioned earlier are worth checking out. Most girls I know hate scary movies so no one ever wants to talk about them.

Sinister was worth watching just for Ethan Hawke's amazing face. Would have been better if the demon never moved or left the images tho, imo.
The Conjuring was pretty good. Especially because while i was watching it I remembered that the whole thing is based on a true story so the part where all the birds freak out and fly around in a huge cloud around the house, the only witness for that was the TA, which is a fun conversation to imagine.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

The Conjuring took place in the same town my parents live in, i've driven by the house but couldn't see much since the new owners planted a bunch of trees to block the view from the road, and there's a lil no trespassing sign on the old barn/garage thing. so basically its completely uninteresting is what i'm saying

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??
the best paranormal activity was none of them

Fisticuffs
Aug 9, 2007

Okay you a goon but what's a goon to a goblin?

bathroom sounds posted:

Please no one try to defend your lovely selfish decision to not get a flu shot.
(I'm also a hypocrite but I know I'm dumb and bad for not doing it)

I'm 25 and I've never had the flu in my life so I will probably get it once when I'm like 32 and die. Or maybe I am immune and I just carry it around every year infecting everyone and never staying home since I'm not sick.

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Paranormal activity 1 has one of my favorite endings of all time in that it magically transmutes an otherwise solid horror movie into irredeemable poo poo

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Fisticuffs posted:

I'm 25 and I've never had the flu in my life so I will probably get it once when I'm like 32 and die. Or maybe I am immune and I just carry it around every year infecting everyone and never staying home since I'm not sick.

I've only had it once when I was in high school. I felt like death for about a week because I was already sick with something else. Never had a flu shot and never had the flu since. :shrug:

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

StarkWhite posted:

Paranormal activity 1 has one of my favorite endings of all time in that it magically transmutes an otherwise solid horror movie into irredeemable poo poo

Paranormal Activity: The Marked Ones retroactively improves the ending of the first Paranormal Activity.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

I am shocked at people never having the flu before, I had it yearly or more as a kid until my 20s, then it was once every 2 or 3 years. As a kid I was pretty much death warmed over with the flu, I guess I was just sickly :(

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Donkay NOoo posted:

I am shocked at people never having the flu before, I had it yearly or more as a kid until my 20s, then it was once every 2 or 3 years. As a kid I was pretty much death warmed over with the flu, I guess I was just sickly :(

I usually get sick once a year, but they usually feel like colds unless it's a really mild flu and I just don't know it.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Donkay NOoo posted:

Nope, never. I almost never get sick though.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Donkay NOoo posted:

I've had the flu once in my life. Got strep and regular colds quite a bit as a kid, though.

Might have had something to do with my really lovely diet.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
if the first paranormal activity had kept the original planned ending which was the girl using the stupid camera to beat her idiotic boyfriend to death it would have been fantastic.

Corn Thongs
Feb 13, 2004

Kimmalah posted:

I usually get sick once a year, but they usually feel like colds unless it's a really mild flu and I just don't know it.

The years I got colds and not flus were lucky years, I pretty much nearly died every time I had the flu w/ vomiting and fever etc

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
Since I left home after high school and generally improved how I ate (well, not in terms of volume but content) I've gotten sick much less often. Between cutting out junk food and drinking juice and eating vegetables every day I stay healthy unless I'm stuck around someone who is sick for an extended period of time.

I have no idea if that stuff actually helps that much but it seems to have.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Portals posted:

I tried arguing to my mom why this rule was homophobic but for all her liberalness she kept insisting that gay guys have more of a chance of having AIDS and therefore the rule isn't terrible and exclusionary
Yeah, gotta love the logic. Let's take that logic to the asburd limits it takes us to...

Better not leave the house because you're more likely to get struck by lightning.
Heterosexuals that have sex are more likely to have AIDS than virgin gay men and women, better ban hetero sex havers while we're at it.

The American Medical Association and other doctor organizations have declared the ban as being unscientific hogwash, so she has no basis for her stance. They even tried to pressure the FDA, last year (it even made the news briefly between celebrity news on the 24 hour news networks), to walk back on the decision.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 08:27 on Jan 10, 2014

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

I don't think most 12 year olds weigh enough to donate blood, though.

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

Captain Backslap posted:

The American Medical Association and other doctor organizations have declared the ban as being unscientific hogwash, so she has no basis for her stance. They even tried to pressure the FDA, last year (it even made the news briefly between celebrity news on the 24 hour news networks), to walk back on the decision.
do you have any articles about this?

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye
http://abcnews.go.com/Health/american-medical-association-opposes-fda-ban-gay-men/story?id=19436366

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Hey ladies. I just got home from work - day two of being in charge of bathroom breaks for grown adults who haven't been proven to have done anything yet. And I get to do it all over again on Monday! Woot.

Re: wasps. One of these things got into my bedroom while I was on my balcony last year (I live on the 9th floor.) I was terrified. It flew all over the place divebombing me until i turned off all of the lights and turned on the balcony light and laid on my floor sobbing until it got out I haven't opened the balcony doors since..

blippyblop
Aug 5, 2004

Obligatory Toast posted:

the best paranormal activity was none of them

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
I'm getting sick of French Press coffee but the only alternative is the vile poison our office coffee maker belches out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funkstar Deluxe
May 7, 2007

「☆☆☆」

boom boom boom posted:

i got eXistenZ on blu-ray because i really wanted to watch it and I mentioned that to the guy who recommended it to me and he's all, "ooh, i've been really wanting to watch it again" and now i can't watch it until we get together again :mad:

Real talk: eXistenZ is one of my favourite movies. It's worth the wait.

• Locked thread