Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Monday_
Feb 18, 2006

Worked-up silent dork without sex ability seeks oblivion and demise.
The Great Twist

JethroMcB posted:

Ray has a crush on getting high, pass it on.

That's Todd. I know him.

I know Todd.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

MondayHotDog posted:

That's Todd. I know him.

I know Todd.

Forty-five degrees.

zetamind2000
Nov 6, 2007

I'm an alien.

Sydney Bottocks posted:

Forty-five degrees.

Do you Know Todd

Foppish Yet Dashing
Jun 29, 2004

-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
-horsepussy begins now
What is it like to see someone die?

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sondra Smuckles knows.

Come to think of it, Ray is pretty forgetful: he knows too.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 22 hours!

RZApublican posted:

Do you Know Todd

Me and Todd been knuckleheads since old times

Jet Jaguar
Feb 12, 2006

Don't touch my bags if you please, Mr Customs Man.

:siren: New strip is up :siren:

Love the panel about his roommates.

BizarroAzrael
Apr 6, 2006

"That must weigh heavily on your soul. Let me purge it for you."

Jet Jaguar posted:

Great last panel, great alt text. And there's something I really enjoy about Theodor expressing frustration or irritation at Phillipe.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

I loving love this, his mind just won't stop thinking up horrible ways this will all go wrong but he just keeps on hurtling forward anyway.

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
I'm on an ipad, what does the alt text say?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

withak posted:

HURTLING AT THE SUN LIKE A MISSILE THAT'S A METEOR THAT'S A GRAVE IN FLIGHT !

withak
Jan 15, 2003

Fun Shoe
THANKS

Deathlove
Feb 20, 2003

Pillbug

Kenny Logins posted:

HURTLING AT THE SUN LIKE A MISSILE THAT'S A METEOR THAT'S A GRAVE IN FLIGHT !

Maaaaaking love in a limo on an airplane in a spaceship bound for space

Iowa Snow King
Jan 5, 2008

Atmus posted:

Admit it, you just want to watch dude fish their hoggs out and you're so hogg-crazy that you will pretend to be some sort of cock-instructor to do it.

Shouldn't this be hogg-instructor

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Iowa Snow King posted:

Shouldn't this be hogg-instructor

Fuckin' A rights it should. You've been incidental here, Atmus.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

Jet Jaguar posted:

How dare he think Cornelius could be so tactless.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Theodor's ringtone: "Love....love will tear us apaaaaart again."

I don't know. I guess it was 911 calling HIM.

Penguissimo
Apr 7, 2007

withak posted:

The solution to all your mobile-device alt-text needs.

JessKay
Oct 16, 2011

Wiggles Von Huggins posted:

Theodor's ringtone: "Love....love will tear us apaaaaart again."

I don't know. I guess it was 911 calling HIM.

Nah, it was "911 only", as in that's the only number he can call (because emergency calls) until he pays his bill.

Hackers film 1995
Nov 4, 2009

Hack the planet!

Penis Ouija posted:

Nah, it was "911 only", as in that's the only number he can call (because emergency calls) until he pays his bill.

Yeah, man. Therefore it was the only person who could call him and the reason his ringtone would go off. It was a dumb joke anyway.

Fillerbunny
Jul 25, 2002

so confused.

oh my god, I've got to update the copyright notice!

it's like forgetting to turn the clocks back.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

satan!!! posted:

e: Apparently Criollo isn't a type of car, now I really have no idea.

Onstad has some brusque language for people who know what kind of tires they have on their car, but I'm dead certain that's meant to be a late-80's Accord sedan. Which, of course it fuckin is.

I kinda miss Beef's Galaxie. Incidentally, the wikipedia article for "Ford Galaxie" is the first hit on google for "peel-out summer".

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

poo poo'S just BARF that you DIDN'T HONOR!

MMAgCh
Aug 15, 2001
I am the poet,
The prophet of the pit
Like a hollow-point bullet
Straight to the head
I never missed...you

Sockser posted:

poo poo'S just BARF that you DIDN'T HONOR!
Somehow, I both understand that sentence and don't understand it.

Jerry Mumphrey
Mar 11, 2004

by zen death robot

(and can't post for 4 years!)

BizarroAzrael posted:

Great last panel, great alt text. And there's something I really enjoy about Theodor expressing frustration or irritation at Phillipe.

I only want bad things to happen to Téodor now because he resents Phillipe :colbert:

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

zoomdog posted:

I only want bad things to happen to Téodor now because he resents Phillipe :colbert:

It's like you've never had a five-year-old.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

El Gallinero Gros posted:

Fuckin' A rights it should. You've been incidental here, Atmus.

You should NEVER be a cock to a stranger!

flavor.flv
Apr 18, 2008

I got a letter from the government the other day
opened it, read it
it said they was bitches

I just realised, of course cooking never came up when Téodor was chatting with Penny. That aspect of his character hadn't been written yet.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

may not have been paying enough attention, but since when is Teodor supposed to be can't pay the bills indigent? He seems to always have money for ridiculous risotto challenges and such just from being in Ray's general aura. Is this a new development or am I just an unobservant moron (or both)?

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

projecthalaxy posted:

may not have been paying enough attention, but since when is Teodor supposed to be can't pay the bills indigent? He seems to always have money for ridiculous risotto challenges and such just from being in Ray's general aura. Is this a new development or am I just an unobservant moron (or both)?

He's not very good at saving money, he has no real steady job, and he often pays rent by cooking up some half-assed scheme at the last minute. He's a ditherer from a comfortable background who doesn't understand his own limitations.

Loving Life Partner
Apr 17, 2003
Well, he doesn't have a job, I assume he does a lot of loafing and skimming, as do most of the characters. Critical situations are probably resolved by Ray, who can break off six hundo at a moment's notice to smooth things over, but Teodor isn't above at least trying to be suffecient.

Also Teodor lives with Mr. Bear and Lyle, right? Maybe Mr. Bear finds himself covering for the two every now and then.

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
I always just sort of assumed that any money for ridiculous risotto challenges and the like are somehow obtained from Ray being bad at money. Not to say that he isn't a massive success or anything but he strikes me as the kind of dude who could easily lose track of a couple hundo here and there.

PantsOptional fucked around with this message at 20:40 on Jan 10, 2014

vonnegutt
Aug 7, 2006
Hobocamp.

Kenny Logins posted:

I really like the idea of making a food so shameful that you have to leave it at a fire station, and take pains to do so anonymously.

It also works because a mandrake root looks like a little man and has traditionally been the subject of baby-replacing folklore!

JoshTheStampede
Sep 8, 2004

come at me bro
Who, exactly, is Teodor paying rent TO? Isn't he a stuffed animal at Onstad's house?

(yes, I know Philippe is also a stuffed animal but also has a mother and a house somewhere)

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

projecthalaxy posted:

Dog Penis Medicine is pretty hard to get.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

JoshTheStampede posted:

Who, exactly, is Teodor paying rent TO? Isn't he a stuffed animal at Onstad's house?

(yes, I know Philippe is also a stuffed animal but also has a mother and a house somewhere)

They seem to have moved out at some unspecified time. It seems that Onstad has really tried to move away from the whole setting of the comic with the Underground and whatnot and just writes them as people in a world full of talking animals. The earlier strips have tons of black backgrounds from being underground, and beef and ray initially are too small to properly ride in cars. Now they are drawn as though they are drawn a lot more proportional to the cars.

Its interesting to see the shift when you re-read the comic.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

PantsOptional posted:

I always just sort of assumed that any money for ridiculous risotto challenges and the like are somehow obtained from Ray being bad at money. Not to say that he isn't a massive success or anything but he strikes me as the kind of dude who could easily lose track of a couple hundo here and there.

For all his wheeling and dealing airs, Ray's main source of income is being incredibly lucky.

E: He's also known to be an irresponsible gambler, which means Teodor could easily make 2 months' rent by playing one game of golf with him.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 22:45 on Jan 10, 2014

PantsOptional
Dec 27, 2012

All I wanna do is make you bounce
Yeah, I was going to write something like "not that he isn't a great businessman" but then I remembered that this was a lie.

WoodrowSkillson
Feb 24, 2005

*Gestures at 60 years of Lions history*

Lurdiak posted:

For all his wheeling and dealing airs, Ray's main source of income is being incredibly lucky.

"Hey 50 bucks! Neat!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

JoshTheStampede posted:

Teodor is a stuffed animal at Onstad's house. He is also a tenant. Welcome to Achewood.

There was a short story written during the last hiatus that had T reluctantly meeting the other residents of the house as he got settled in. Assuming nothing's changed since then, the only non-paying tenants are Philippe (who is five) and Lyle (who was technically evicted before Teodor even moved in).