Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Insert name here posted:

So can anyone tell me who/what I have to grind for serration, rifle/pistol/shotgun multishots, shotgun spaz and focus? Because god drat these just won't drop at all for me. :mad:

http://warframe.wikia.com/wiki/Serration

Grineer Scorpion
Infested Nauseous Crawler
Stalker
General Sargas Ruk
Tier 2 Defense Reward
Tier 1/2/3 Survival Reward

Sandweed posted:

Is thunderbolt still terrible or did DMG 2.0 save it somehow?

Also my Mag Prime just finished cooking, how do I set it up for max pull hilarity?

Fleeting Expertise, Streamline, Stretch, Coil hat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Sandweed posted:

Is thunderbolt still terrible or did DMG 2.0 save it somehow?

Also my Mag Prime just finished cooking, how do I set it up for max pull hilarity?

Awhile ago they changed thunderbolt so that it adds damage instead of replacing the bow's damage itself, so it actually is good. I don't know if the damage changes did something else to it though (I would assume it just adds some blast damage sometimes).

For Mag Prime you just want to raise your power efficiency and range, and then you can do things that physics engines were not meant to do.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc

Insert name here posted:

So can anyone tell me who/what I have to grind for serration, rifle/pistol/shotgun multishots, shotgun spaz and focus? Because god drat these just won't drop at all for me. :mad:

In other news, I found out that putting blast damage on the Tigris causes bodies to fly across the room when you gib them, which owns pretty hard. I'm hoping the Drakgoon does the same thing when I get blast on it. :allears:

Ask in chat, someone will probably be willing to trade you some starter mods.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Guess I'm doing some vault runs later, I don't have fleeting expertise.

SlayVus
Jul 10, 2009
Grimey Drawer
If any goons have a spare unranked Critical Delay that would be awesome.

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

I wish prime frames always had the silly head bits regardless of helmet. I love my Frost blender hat, but I want to show off my fancy gold bits.

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Insert name here posted:

In other news, I found out that putting blast damage on the Tigris causes bodies to fly across the room when you gib them, which owns pretty hard. I'm hoping the Drakgoon does the same thing when I get blast on it. :allears:

I've gotten a bunch of Serrations from Apollodorus; there's lots of Scorpions and it can also appear as a reward. You can also get Focus as a reward there, though it's also pretty common (in my experience) from killing Alad V.

Shotgun and rifle multishots are both apparently tier 3 survival (starting level 20+) rewards at 20 minutes. You have a 13% chance of getting one of them. Pistol multishot comes from Grineer Seekers.

Shotgun Spazz is only available from breaking containers in Void missions, weird.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Sandweed posted:

What's already been said - power range and efficiency - but make sure you get the Corrupted mods for those as well. Overextended and Fleeting Expertise let you ragdoll rooms ahead of you for 6 energy.

I don't know if you remember players' tendencies to killsteal from a Mag who used Crush (because it took way too long), but you can basically do the same thing to Oberon. It's great.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Helter Skelter posted:

I've had crits on my Dread hit upwards of 25k, and that's without any forma sunk into it. Bows suffer from DPS issues against crowds, but they're far from terrible.

Same with a non-forma'd Vectis. 22k on Phorrid and some ancients.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

sleeptalker posted:

I've gotten a bunch of Serrations from Apollodorus; there's lots of Scorpions and it can also appear as a reward. You can also get Focus as a reward there, though it's also pretty common (in my experience) from killing Alad V.

Shotgun and rifle multishots are both apparently tier 3 survival (starting level 20+) rewards at 20 minutes. You have a 13% chance of getting one of them. Pistol multishot comes from Grineer Seekers.

Shotgun Spazz is only available from breaking containers in Void missions, weird.

I've gotten all of my Splits from Corpus Defense tier 3 rewards, mostly the two in Neptune. (Which seems to be luckier for me than the Europa ones.)

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Thranguy posted:

I've gotten all of my Splits from Corpus Defense tier 3 rewards, mostly the two in Neptune. (Which seems to be luckier for me than the Europa ones.)

Wiki lists those as a 2% chance, so I would recommend Survival instead.

Also further tip on Shotgun Spazz, there's a lot more containers in Void Capture missions than others, especially with all the treasure and challenge rooms.

hlwss
Nov 12, 2007
Can I get a clan invite on the ps4 adolphquitler.

Thranguy
Apr 21, 2010

Deceitful and black-hearted, perhaps we are. But we would never go against the Code. Well, perhaps for good reasons. But mostly never.

sleeptalker posted:

Wiki lists those as a 2% chance, so I would recommend Survival instead.

Also further tip on Shotgun Spazz, there's a lot more containers in Void Capture missions than others, especially with all the treasure and challenge rooms.

You've got to go 20 minutes for one roll of the RNG in Survival. Doing 15 waves isn't much more time than that, and gets you three chances, and the second best reward (Master Thief) is considerably better than anything other than Split on the survival table (and Continuity is pretty much equal to any pick for second best on the survival table), so it's close to a wash, with Defense coming out a lot safer if you don't have a reliable team and are going to have to rely on pubbies.

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I think a weirder mod to farm for is Stormbringer, which is kind of a staple on rifles I'd imagine. I had like 20 of those at a time and just fused them together eventually, but now you can only get them from a corpus T3 defense... and Grineer Ballistas, which are possibly rarer than Powerfists and Flameblades. So after plowing through a ton of planets, you only get them by chance in a random defense mission? That's just messed up.

Mod rarity having no bearing upon how easy it is to acquire it kind of bugs me.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

sleeptalker posted:

My tip for Shotgun Spazz:

Skip it. Accelerated Blast is way better and much easier to obtain by just running nightmare missions on Venus or whatever.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

necrobobsledder posted:

I think a weirder mod to farm for is Stormbringer, which is kind of a staple on rifles I'd imagine. I had like 20 of those at a time and just fused them together eventually, but now you can only get them from a corpus T3 defense... and Grineer Ballistas, which are possibly rarer than Powerfists and Flameblades. So after plowing through a ton of planets, you only get them by chance in a random defense mission? That's just messed up.

Mod rarity having no bearing upon how easy it is to acquire it kind of bugs me.

Yeah, it's kind of strange how that works. I'm up to my rear end in rares of various types, but like 2 weeks in the void and I've found ONE Guardian.

I am officially done with Void Exterminates. My Frost Prime and Dakra Prime are building as we speak. :getin:

Edit: Make that built, my Dakra Prime is done and it looks sick as all hell.

Helter Skelter posted:

My tip for Shotgun Spazz:

Skip it. Accelerated Blast is way better and much easier to obtain by just running nightmare missions on Venus or whatever.

Accelerated Blast and Tainted Shell turn the Sobek into a killstick, levels out the impact and puncture damage to make it a solid all-around shotgun. Hard to do AND have elements without Formas, but it's FUN.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:27 on Jan 10, 2014

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
Can someone explain why resistance mods exist? Flame Repellent maxes out at 12% flame resistance for 9 points and a mod slot. For 9 points and a mod slot, I can have 240% more shields from Redirection. Since with forma/reactors slots because more of a restriction than points, I could have up to 440% more shields. Or, much easier to max out, +120% shields and +120% health from Vigor. Not only will that be much more survivability, it's against every damage type because it's just straight +shields/+health.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
One of these days I will get a void exterminate that drops the frost prime systems!

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Elysiume posted:

Can someone explain why resistance mods exist? Flame Repellent maxes out at 12% flame resistance for 9 points and a mod slot. For 9 points and a mod slot, I can have 240% more shields from Redirection. Since with forma/reactors slots because more of a restriction than points, I could have up to 440% more shields. Or, much easier to max out, +120% shields and +120% health from Vigor. Not only will that be much more survivability, it's against every damage type because it's just straight +shields/+health.

I think they were probably intended for PvP but now they won't even work for that with the addition of combined elements.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

sleeptalker posted:

I think they were probably intended for PvP but now they won't even work for that with the addition of combined elements.
How would they be useful even in PvP? On top of the fact that you wouldn't know in advance what elements they'd be using.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

seiferguy posted:

One of these days I will get a void exterminate that drops the frost prime systems!

You should have been running with me all week. I ended up with like 3, too like 15 or so run to get my last Dakra Prime part. If we could trade I'd give you an extra.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.

Elysiume posted:

Antitoxin used to be almost okay when Toxic Ancients were Death Incarnate who's fartcloud-miasma would linger and take 50-100HP off in quick ticks.

But unless you're literally trying to gently caress it's face, Toxic ancients barely do anything anymore, and the toxic crawlers are basically non-existent.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Vriess posted:

Antitoxin used to be almost okay when Toxic Ancients were Death Incarnate who's fartcloud-miasma would linger and take 50-100HP off in quick ticks.

But unless you're literally trying to gently caress it's face, Toxic ancients barely do anything anymore, and the toxic crawlers are basically non-existent.

Flame resistance is sort of justifiable against Ruk or grineer napalms, but those are rare enough that it's still not worth it over power mods and rush.

Actually I kind of miss the day one invasions when when every grineer group would have 2 napalms or bombards. Invasions now are just another boring, trivial exterminate.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
It's so sad when they talk about adding lovely bells & whistles like animated character transmissions and completely ignore poo poo like balance changes. :negative:

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Watching the livestream, which I haven't done before. Fairly impressed with their openness, Rebecca is definitely not softballing them. It's pretty funny watching them squirm around.

QuantaStarFire posted:

It's so sad when they talk about adding lovely bells & whistles like animated character transmissions and completely ignore poo poo like balance changes. :negative:

Come on man, I want balance changes as much as anyone but everyone in Games should be more aware than this. You really think the team that does balance is the same team that does art assets for animated transmissions? This is like the oldest and most corrected misconception about game devs ever.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

AttackBacon posted:

Come on man, I want balance changes as much as anyone but everyone in Games should be more aware than this. You really think the team that does balance is the same team that does art assets for animated transmissions? This is like the oldest and most corrected misconception about game devs ever.

Not what I mean; I mean, watching the livestream and they don't even touch upon the idea that "Hey guys! We're working on making weapons/mods/frames more useful so that you're not all running around with the same 3-5 frames spamming the only useful ability with the same weapons and identical mod loadouts." Like, new animations are cool; new frames are cool; new weapons are cool; but in terms of the overall game, I really don't care about any of that poo poo when there's a mountain of poo poo behind them that still needs work.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Echophonic posted:

You should have been running with me all week. I ended up with like 3, too like 15 or so run to get my last Dakra Prime part. If we could trade I'd give you an extra.

I wonder if blueprint part swapping will ever be a thing or if DE thinks that would destroy the economy they've set up.

Also, a question: I've become pretty thrifty with my plat. I was probably going to sell my excalibur frame for the slot moreso than the money since I never use it. It's level 30 already. Good idea / bad idea?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Ah definitely a fair point. We will see if they touch on it. I'm curious if they see the damage system's reliance on base damage mods like Serration as a big problem. It seems like they are getting more into that kind of stuff now.

Edit: Just talked about retiring Serration. Interesting.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
If you potato'd it, I'd keep it and just purchase a new slot; if you haven't, and you don't ever see yourself using Excalibur again, then sell it.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
What is this? Total air obtained or something?

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

QuantaStarFire posted:

If you potato'd it, I'd keep it and just purchase a new slot; if you haven't, and you don't ever see yourself using Excalibur again, then sell it.

No, didn't potato it. I'd probably never sell a weapon / frame I potato'd. I think I'll sell the guy.

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Elysiume posted:

What is this?

Isn't that the number of seconds you were able to stay in a survival mission?

Edit: This llama-like creature is pretty :3:

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

QuantaStarFire posted:

Not what I mean; I mean, watching the livestream and they don't even touch upon the idea that "Hey guys! We're working on making weapons/mods/frames more useful so that you're not all running around with the same 3-5 frames spamming the only useful ability with the same weapons and identical mod loadouts." Like, new animations are cool; new frames are cool; new weapons are cool; but in terms of the overall game, I really don't care about any of that poo poo when there's a mountain of poo poo behind them that still needs work.

Balance changes, system changes and the like are delicate subjects. I have seen people on the same devteam who are good friends get into literal screaming matches with each other, spit flying everywhere. People have REALLY strong opinions, especially when it comes to "player experience" and "fun".
In addition, Systems Designers work in hard data- lots of numbers, lots of spreadsheets, nothing that is entertaining to look at or is especially photogenic. They often make very complex changes to an interlocking series of systems that, if pressed, they might admit they aren't quite sure exactly how they interact.
Artists, on the other hand, do nothing but make poo poo that looks cool and is easy to show on a livestream.
This is why we get concept art, new levels, new frame art, animated portraits, and poo poo for the whole stream, and then an uncomfortable designer says "um we're working on balance, a lot."

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Warframe: a good game is Right Around the Corner

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
I'm toying with picking up a PS4 tomorrow, and I've been peering at this. Is there a relatively stable community? Or is it a waiting for games ten minutes kind of thing?

AttackBacon
Nov 19, 2010
DEEP FRIED DIARRHEA
Haha oh lawd the Harvester talk. Sounds like you have a hidden Grineer / Corpus "score" depending on who you support, and it hunts you if you are heavily pro-Grineer. So go support Grineer a bunch.

The "Warframe 3.0" talk about Faction support and stuff sounds pretty interesting. Larger, meta-objectives are definitely something the game needs.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Maybe I have just been looking at the wrong times(or my current item needs are skewing things?) but more often than not I felt corpus had the better reward.

DelphiAegis
Jun 21, 2010

Elysiume posted:

What is this? Total air obtained or something?

It's the "score" for survival, and it's a picture of the oxygen canisters with some ~*flourish*~ on it.

24 hour catalyst alert after this livestream, btw.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Livestream summary!

Vay Hek is next boss being worked on
Biggest issue "What does it mean for new players who don't know what they're doing, old players who've done it all and don't know why"
Hope new lore/direction will help both new and old players
starting to get Vor's Prize done (referred to as a "quest")
going to add training section in codex (like an ingame manual with interactivity)
want to have another resource rather than just send people to wiki
working on more Void stuff (how to add items to Void without it being a mess)
Question: are PS4 players getting the shaft
response: working on timeliness for PS4 stuff (will be at 11.5.8 soon), goal is to update both at same time
PS4 things coming - framerate improvements, stability improvements, network optimization, ai optimization, controller bindings
PS4 will have events to get limited-time stuff that is gone from PC now
Migration from PC->PS4 is coming soon (not requiring the builds to be in sync)
New HUD is juiced

New animated transmissions

Question: RNG in Void Drop table, its hosed
Response: looking to find a way to avoid dilution (aiming for update 12); short term solution was to move stuff in derelicts
Going to make defense work like survival (i.e. get all rewards)
Continuous-fire weapons bug being looked at
Want to make Warframe much richer in terms of lore
New frame and new prime frame coming
New melee system
-gone through all weapon sets and creating weapon animation & animation
-forward attack to break defenses
-buffing melee
-more response to enemies being melee attacked, enemy hit reactions
-custom hit effects for each armor type
-adding a parry system, separate from blocking
-new AI type with deep melee system, patterns to recognize
-can equip melee, can parry bullets
-quick melee will still exist
Mission type rewards being added to codex
more wildlife (not a mount) - Cubro? (feral and domesticated)

Cloth physics coming soonish (scarves and warframe bits)
Moving slot polarities around (can move all around once Forma'd once)
Concept art
-Vay Hek

-Drone

-new Grineer shipyard tileset concepts

-creature concept for jungle set

Admitted they hosed up the Harvester (probability, etc)
-Support Grineer to get to appear
-overall support, not just individual invasions

New movement stuff is coming sometime (will talk about next livestream)
Gameplay difference between art sets - jungle planet different from corpus ship, etc
More enemy types
Plans for more dojo stuff

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer

Mindblast posted:

Maybe I have just been looking at the wrong times(or my current item needs are skewing things?) but more often than not I felt corpus had the better reward.

The choices are usually between a Fieldron and 3 Gallium or something dumb like that. Or they offer the same prize, so it's a question of which enemies you find easier or less annoying.