Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing

pech posted:

How do I run iCleaner pro? Googling didn't help. I added the source (http://exile90software.com/cydia) and apparently successfully installed it according to cydia but it doesn't appear under settings or anywhere

It should add a home screen icon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

One of these days these elbows are gonna walk all over you
Anyone remember the name of the jb tweak that would close an opened folder after you started an app? I hate closing the newly opened app and then having to close the folder.

edit: NM found it, it's FolderCloser but it looks like it hasn't been updated for iOS 7

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Doubleposting to save people a massive headache.

If you previously installed Infinifolders, do not install it it will completely gently caress up your folders and everything else because it will find an old layout that it will try to use but it wont' be able to and every folder you've created will disappear and you'll have a shitton of pages of apps with things all over the place.

:suicide:

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

real_scud posted:

If you previously installed Infinifolders, do not install it it will completely gently caress up your folders and everything else because it will find an old layout that it will try to use but it wont' be able to and every folder you've created will disappear and you'll have a shitton of pages of apps with things all over the place.

Someone desperately needs to make something that will auto-sort apps into folders. I hate doing it manually, even if I don't have to do it very often.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
I think I know the answer to this question, but just in case: is there any way to update my iPad to iOS 7 without updating my PC to the most current iteration of iTunes? I really hate how the current iTunes on my MacBook handles podcasts and layouts in general, so would prefer to stick with iTunes 10 on my PC. But I don't have enough room to backup my iPad on my laptop, so can't just use that to upgrade.

Switched.on
Apr 25, 2008

ibntumart posted:

I think I know the answer to this question, but just in case: is there any way to update my iPad to iOS 7 without updating my PC to the most current iteration of iTunes? I really hate how the current iTunes on my MacBook handles podcasts and layouts in general, so would prefer to stick with iTunes 10 on my PC. But I don't have enough room to backup my iPad on my laptop, so can't just use that to upgrade.

Can't you make a backup of your iPad on your PC, then sync your ipad over on your laptop, then upgrade/jailbreak it and restore from the image over the network maybe? Or try a thumb drive or something, it's really trivial to move a backup once it's been made so you don't NEED to store them on the laptop once you've made them.

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

real_scud posted:

This goes for 5-Icon Dock as well. It's really loving annoying to spend 20 mins dragging icons all over the place again.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

real_scud posted:

By the way, I restored my iPad to factory defaults before jailbreaking it, but it still has all the configuration files for NCsettings and the like, is there a way to truly clean iOS?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

cisneros posted:

By the way, I restored my iPad to factory defaults before jailbreaking it, but it still has all the configuration files for NCsettings and the like, is there a way to truly clean iOS?

^^^^

Check out /var/mobile/Library/Preferences for old files left behind

VVV

spongeworthy fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Jan 9, 2014

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Switched.on posted:

Can't you make a backup of your iPad on your PC, then sync your ipad over on your laptop, then upgrade/jailbreak it and restore from the image over the network maybe? Or try a thumb drive or something, it's really trivial to move a backup once it's been made so you don't NEED to store them on the laptop once you've made them.

I did make a backup on the PC, but I didn't know if doing the full erase and upgrade on new iTunes/my MacBook would cause any difficulty if I then try to restore on my PC with the old iTunes.

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

This goes for 5-Icon Dock as well. It's really loving annoying to spend 20 mins dragging icons all over the place again.

I installed 5 icon dock and ran into this exact problem. It vomited my folders all over the place and I was left with 10 pages of icons. I uninstalled it and it went back to normal.

Does anyone know if there's a way to fix this, or will I just have to install five icon dock and then resort all my drat icons?

real_scud
Sep 5, 2002

Switched.on posted:

Someone desperately needs to make something that will auto-sort apps into folders. I hate doing it manually, even if I don't have to do it very often.
I spent 15 min getting most of them resorted, only to drag an app to a folder and have everything freak out and basically revert to a version of my icon setup about 10 minutes before.

So loving annoyed right now, if I get home and connect to iTunes isn't iTunes going to accept what my phone has for folder sorting as gospel and override what I previously had setup? Is there a way to prevent that?

Ezrem
Jan 23, 2006

cisneros posted:

Set it up from scratch without restoring your backup. Ever. It's ugly but it works.

You guys with 5 icon dock and InfiniFolder fuckery…maybe try deleting plists for those tweaks from /var/mobile/Library/Preferences? I do that every so often to clean up after tweaks that don't clean up after themselves.

Anything com.apple._____ should likely be left alone though.

Na'at
May 5, 2003

You need chaos in your soul to give birth to a dancing star
Lipstick Apathy
Why are people using 5 Icon Dock when Infinidock exists?

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Because they only want 5 icons in the dock?

steamed horse
Dec 4, 2004

Henrik Zetterberg posted:

Because they only want 5 icons in the dock?

Infinidock does this

Think
Sep 20, 2005

5 Icon Dock is free.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.

Faux Shoah posted:

5 Icon Dock is free.

And it looks like there was just an update to it in cydia.

lets go swimming
Sep 6, 2012

EAT THE CHEESE, NICHOLSON!

The Dave posted:

Is it still necessary to jailbreak from a version of 7 that was installed through iTunes and not OTA? I'm just so lazy.

I'm pretty sure the only (or at least main) reason you were meant to do this is when you could downgrade with SHSH blobs. The OTA update would have a different blob to the IPSW you'd restore from, meaning you wouldn't be able to downgrade at all.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

No, it actually can potentially (and not very rarely) break the whole process.

aherdofpenguins
Mar 18, 2006

BrainDance posted:

No, it actually can potentially (and not very rarely) break the whole process.

I tried to jb my ipad with an OTA update and it would freeze everytime I tried to boot it up. Had to restore. When I tried again with the iTunes update it worked perfectly.

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!
Evasion said early on some people who had done OTA updates were experiencing problems and advised people to restore using iTunes to save yourself the hassle. Could be a phone dependent type thing, but why not just do what the creator of the jailbreak suggests.

Sleepfx has been updated for iOS 7 and works on the 5S! It does cool transition effects when you lock your phone. Gimmicky but one of those neat things to look cool about to all your non-jb friends.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Mr Hands Colon posted:

And it looks like there was just an update to it in cydia.

Does the update address the issue of the icons overlapping?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

shootforit posted:

If not there is also "Five Icon Dock Modoki" on the kinchan repo which doesn't have this issue.

New tweak NCObey pulls down different NC window depending on where on screen you dragged it down.

Smoking_Dragon
Dec 12, 2001

WOE UNTO THEE
Pillbug
I recently moved from an Android phone to an iPhone 5C and have a couple of questions:

1) Is this a tweak or app that makes it so suggested words appear as you type like with Android?

2) Is this something that shows possible contacts or recent numbers as you dial phone number?

3) Is there a way to key from having you enter your password anytime you download a free app for the app store?

UndyingShadow
May 15, 2006
You're looking ESPECIALLY shadowy this evening, Sir

shootforit posted:

No, its still overlapping, and iconsupport is still chucking icons out of folders. It doesn't matter if you select restore or delete when you get the warning about an old layout.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Smoking_Dragon posted:

3) Is there a way to key from having you enter your password anytime you download a free app for the app store?

Password Pilot did just that. I used it in the 6.0 Jailbreak and it worked just fine.

I just tried it out on ios7, and even though it shows as compatible with ios7 (thats what the yellow drill symbol means doesnt it?), and it did not autofill the password when I went to install a random app from the app store. Yes, I had set the password in the settings.

Has anyone had it work properly this go around?

UndyingShadow posted:

No, its still overlapping, and iconsupport is still chucking icons out of folders. It doesn't matter if you select restore or delete when you get the warning about an old layout.

Thanks!

spongeworthy posted:

If not there is also "Five Icon Dock Modoki" on the kinchan repo which doesn't have this issue.

Does this one make all folders purge their contents as well?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~
After jail breaking, all of the stuff in the "Today" drop down screen is gone. Weather, estimated time to be places, etc. iphone 5 7.0.4. Any ideas?

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

yamdankee posted:

After jail breaking, all of the stuff in the "Today" drop down screen is gone. Weather, estimated time to be places, etc. iphone 5 7.0.4. Any ideas?

Reset all settings will fix this. You'll lose things like wifi passwords and cookies but w/e.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

shootforit posted:

I just tried it out on ios7, and even though it shows as compatible with ios7 (thats what the yellow drill symbol means doesnt it?),

Yellow drill doesn't necessarily indicate iOS 7 compatability, it's just a new icon.

quote:

Does this one make all folders purge their contents as well?

I haven't installed this, so I can't say for sure, but it's a new package and won't have any .plists saved on your phone with old icon arrangements, so it technically should not.

shootforit
Oct 11, 2006

Zigmidge posted:

Reset all settings will fix this. You'll lose things like wifi passwords and cookies but w/e.

Indeed it fixes the issue. I had to do it last weekend. You'll have to go back and redo all settings to your liking again though. It even reset jailbreak things like FakeCarrier for me.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

yamdankee posted:

The new iFile keeps erasing my bookmarks for no reason, so I don't remember where it was, but basically you just have to rename some config file, respring, and it'll be fixed, search around for that.

Edir: I found the fix, it's "var/mobile/Library/BulletinBoard/SectionInfo.plist < Rename the file extension to .bak then respring."

cisneros fucked around with this message at 22:16 on Jan 10, 2014

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

cisneros posted:

The new iFile keeps erasing my bookmarks for no reason, so I don't remember where it was, but basically you just have to rename some config file, respring, and it'll be fixed, search around for that.

Does iFile retain any information from your usage? Maybe it doesn't have the proper permissions to modify/write what I assume would be a pfile, for some hosed up reason.

It should open in the folder which was open when you closed iFile, for example.

cisneros
Apr 18, 2006

decypher posted:

Does iFile retain any information from your usage? Maybe it doesn't have the proper permissions to modify/write what I assume would be a pfile, for some hosed up reason.

It should open in the folder which was open when you closed iFile, for example.

Nah, it doesn't do that, it always opens the dropbox folder(which I don't use that much), so something's up.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?
Has anyone had success with an emulator with this jailbreak yet?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Any decent tweak to ensure the phone remains on landscape mode (particularly after unlocking)? I hate that when I open my phone, my safari page reverts to portrait mode.

I see LandscapeLockMode on Cydia but it's a paid app, anyone used it before I take the plunge?

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

goodness posted:

Has anyone had success with an emulator with this jailbreak yet?

Like console emulators? That's mostly what I jailbreak for and yeah they work like normal.

Retroarch just got released with an N64 core that actually works, not like that other poo poo N64 emulator (which just crashes when I try to load a game on my iPad 4.)

Only problem is Bluetooth controllers are broken in this build. It might be an issue with btstack. But Bluetooth controllers work fine with all the .emu emulators.

If you got a 5s or air you might have to use a beta of btstack though, and I don't think it's on a repo. Just a deb floating around. But, I don't have one of those so I dunno, btstack works fine now on my iPad 4.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

ICHIBAHN posted:

Any decent tweak to ensure the phone remains on landscape mode (particularly after unlocking)? I hate that when I open my phone, my safari page reverts to portrait mode.

I see LandscapeLockMode on Cydia but it's a paid app, anyone used it before I take the plunge?

CCControls adds a bunch of toggles to the control center and changes the rotation lock to a rotation toggle which will lock the device to either portrait or landscape and all apps will adjust if they have the option.

Kinda annoying at first since it isn't the default lock to portrait but it's been handy at times.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

BrainDance posted:

Like console emulators? That's mostly what I jailbreak for and yeah they work like normal.

Retroarch just got released with an N64 core that actually works, not like that other poo poo N64 emulator (which just crashes when I try to load a game on my iPad 4.)

Only problem is Bluetooth controllers are broken in this build. It might be an issue with btstack. But Bluetooth controllers work fine with all the .emu emulators.

If you got a 5s or air you might have to use a beta of btstack though, and I don't think it's on a repo. Just a deb floating around. But, I don't have one of those so I dunno, btstack works fine now on my iPad 4.

The BTstack guy said on twitter that the jailbreak caught him off guard and he won't have a chance to work on updating until sometime February.

I'm pretty sure that's why snes9x doesn't work with a wiimote too, but screen buttons are fine.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Hmm, snes9x does work with a wiimote for me, with the classic controller.

Played some 2 player Mario kart just a couple days ago with it.

• Locked thread