Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Anne Whateley posted:

I'm a huge type sperg but I have to admit sanses don't do much for me :can:

Frutiger? DIN? Futura? Work with me here.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ostrich160
Jan 8, 2014
Gentlemen we have tasted our own medicine

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

ostrich160 posted:

guys are allowed to post in here as long as they don't turn every conversation into one about their dingdongs

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Basically just a baby in a trenchcoat.

I don't get it, do you think you could make it a little bigger so I can see all the detail?

ostrich160
Jan 8, 2014

Kimmalah posted:

I don't get it, do you think you could make it a little bigger so I can see all the detail?

Its smaller now

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

ostrich160 posted:

Its smaller now

Yeah I know, you did it was while I was busy typing up my witty shitpost. :saddowns:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

ostrich160 posted:

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
edit: i'm hallucinating

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

Putty posted:

edit: i'm hallucinating

they nuked my sig today putty

it was replaced with the words "anime fukken sux"

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
true

MY PALE GOTH SKIN
Nov 28, 2006

meow

detectivemonkey posted:

Yes, Clarisonic. I'll let him know -- it's an investment, but probably worth it if it works well. I'll see if I like the BB Cream (I went with fructis) and check out meow. I'm not 100% in love with BM (or that acronym) so I'm up for a change when I run out of my current supply. I really hate wearing foundation, but I do because it keeps me from touching my face and causing more breakouts.

Lady nail thread reps: I'm trying to get my husband to join up on your thread.

haha it kills me in cosmetics-centric conversations, held on cosmetic-centric boards, when people are like "I love my BM!" or "Finally, my BM came today!" I'm five, though.
There's also a company named Victorian Disco, which gets abbreviated to "VD." Nothing has made me giggle like seeing people say "I need to get me some VD." with absolutely no awareness of the other meaning, since 'venereal disease' is two or three 'official' names ago, and a lot of people aren't aware of it at all. I just use "VDisco."

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

Portals posted:

I like minecraft and all but that's just awful,

I can describe how to daisy-chain reactors and I've never touched the drat thing.

Portals posted:

that's like talking about your WoW raid successes

Now waiiiiiiit a minute....

I am going to get that stupid ICC bone dragon thing if it KILLS me.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

bathroom sounds posted:

What's everyone's big Friday night plans?

I intend to get not-sober and watch In The Name Of The Father.

Good morning! Today we're going to try a new breakfast place that look like it has no-kidding American breakfast dishes like pancakes and omelets. They have coconut pancakes, mmm, I can't wait. Back in CA we went to the same breakfast place every Saturday. For 15 years. We were regulars and it was like a family and i miss that place so Hard. (If you're ever in Santee, CA, go to the Omelette Factory for breakfast. You wont regret it. Unless you're a vegan.)

Japanese breakfast (if you get it in a hotel anyway) is miso soup, natto, gohan (steamed rice) and fish. Delicious, except for natto which I cannot eat. It looks like baby poo feels like think snot and smells like really, really ripe feet. Can't do it.

Can paleos eat rice? I could not survive without rice.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fabulist posted:

haha it kills me in cosmetics-centric conversations, held on cosmetic-centric boards, when people are like "I love my BM!" or "Finally, my BM came today!" I'm five, though.
There's also a company named Victorian Disco, which gets abbreviated to "VD." Nothing has made me giggle like seeing people say "I need to get me some VD." with absolutely no awareness of the other meaning, since 'venereal disease' is two or three 'official' names ago, and a lot of people aren't aware of it at all. I just use "VDisco."

In my job, a common acronym is DP. It means "direct path" and we deal with sound propagation in water. So I hear it a lot. And I giggle every time.

Doc Fission
Sep 11, 2011

Today is my three-year anniversary with my boyfriend and I'm a little steamed he stayed at work late. UGGGGGHHHHH

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

amarantinesky fucked around with this message at 03:03 on Apr 4, 2014

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
My boyfriend and I don't even know our anniversary, only that it was late November or early December. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Breakfast is my favorite meal. There's a stand at the Saturday farmer's market that makes God's own biscuit sandwiches, and I purposefully go to bed at a decent hour Friday night so I can get there before they sell out of everything.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

A person who tells you really technical details of something you don't care about is incredibly annoying, regardless of what they're talking about.

The worst thing is people telling you all about their novel.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

poopkitty posted:

Can paleos eat rice? I could not survive without rice.
Pretty sure rice is verboten except in small amounts I guess. One of the tenets of paleo is that people eat an unhealthy amount of starchy low fibre/low nutrient carbs because Agriculture.

Kimmalah
Nov 14, 2005

Crow Jane posted:

My boyfriend and I don't even know our anniversary, only that it was late November or early December. I don't know if that's a good or bad thing.

Same here. I know ours is also November or December-ish, but we've never actually celebrated it so I don't have an exact date.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I've been married for 17 years and been on the same continent for 6 anniversaries. We're pretty much over it. But that sucks if he knew how important it was to you and made a choice to stay. We just pick arbitrary day for fun dates and get super dressed up and tell the restaurant or hotel or whatever that it's a birthday. We're going to a crazy 8 seat molecular Tapas Bar and staying a 99 year old hotel in Tokyo Station for dinner on February 15th (because he works on Valentine's Day. Such is life.)

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

I don't watch TV. I strongly dislike TV talk and constant SPOILER ALERTS! I feel like my FB feed is constant talk of new shows and how awesome and exciting they are the first season or two, and then discussion of how they didn't live up to expectations and they're now complete crap. And then those same folks complaining the same about their relationships. So maybe it's correlation now that I think about it. Anyway, yes. Agreed.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Jan 11, 2014

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I love TV chat, but only with other fans of the show in question. People always seem to want to talk to me about The Walking Dead, and are downright shocked that I don't care about it. I've only seen a few episodes and didn't care for them, but I feel like I'm an expert on that drat show.

Chum Scandal
Oct 30, 2003

Crow Jane posted:

I love TV chat, but only with other fans of the show in question. People always seem to want to talk to me about The Walking Dead, and are downright shocked that I don't care about it. I've only seen a few episodes and didn't care for them, but I feel like I'm an expert on that drat show.

don't feel bad, it's awful poo poo. tell them to play the last of us if they want to see what actual good writing is for a zombie apocalypse setting.

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013

Swillkitsch posted:

Today is my three-year anniversary with my boyfriend and I'm a little steamed he stayed at work late. UGGGGGHHHHH

It's my three-year anniversary with my boyfriend today too :stare: funny coincidence!

Happy anniversary though! I hope he comes to his senses and comes home soon.

amarantinesky
Aug 29, 2013

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words

a dozen swans posted:

Frutiger? DIN? Futura? Work with me here.
I mean, intellectually I'm like "oh that's nice," sure, but I'm not :fap: like for serifs or scripts.

a dozen swans posted:

a dozen swans posted:

a dozen swans posted:

Do you also work in publishing, because god drat I did not grasp this until it was too late. Ah yes, let me just use my hotline to Every CEO. Did you want J. K. Rowling to blurb that?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

amarantinesky posted:

Part of our friendship stemmed from mutual interests so I definitely like bookchat / tv chat / good things chat. It wasn't until they started obsessing over a bunch of media I actually dislike that I realized how annoying it is when people only want to talk about a Joss Whedon show that was around for one season and how they would totally make out with this one actress etc etc etc. Eventually I couldn't even really be friends with them because they didn't want to talk about or do things I might be remotely interested in.

I saw the first two episodes of The Walking Dead and I realized that there are way better shows out there. Also I'm getting sick of the "we kill everyone so it's an edgy show" trope.

I have a sweet, funny, smart and interesting friend. I love hanging out with the guy, but GODDAMN does he love to talk about zombies. Get a couple drinks in him and it's even worse. I had to lend him my Game of Thrones DVDs to get him to switch topics.

Now he texts me Game of Thrones-related jokes several times a week. One time he got bored at work and just texted me HODOR over and over. It's honestly preferable to the zombie chat, though.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Biggest loving paycheck in six years at my current job! I sent my wife to the saloon for a mani- pedi while I watch the kids. My odds are looking good tonight!

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~

LingcodKilla posted:

Biggest loving paycheck in six years at my current job! I sent my wife to the saloon for a mani- pedi while I watch the kids. My odds are looking good tonight!

get it

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

LingcodKilla posted:

There are saloons that give mani-pedis?!?!?

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Crow Jane posted:

that would rule

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Crow Jane posted:

complete with bendy straw so you can drink your booze while getting your nails done.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Can I also play cards and possibly brawl or duel?

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
one of those old saloon pianos janglin in the corner playing covers of modern songs

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Do they have spittoons? And handsome barmaids?

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012
Definitely bringing booze next time I get a mani-pedi. When they ask, I'll say "this is a saloon, right?"

They won't get the joke because they're Vietnamese, but I'll know.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

poopkitty posted:

Do they have spittoons? And handsome barmaids?

It's not a saloon without a spittoon :colbert:

• Locked thread