Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Such a weak ending for such a good game. I am still laughing at how the sixers chucked that one away. Poor Smithy that was an brainless shot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

markgreyam
Mar 10, 2008

Talk to the mittens.

Mister Chief posted:

What are you referencing?

It's not playing for me (I just hit my quota trying to drag down Metal Gear Rising) but I'm pretty sure this is it. Maybe not OF ALL TIME but it's up there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F2VFVOzf41w

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete
Haha Henriques. Surely the first bloke to make a pair in a T20?

The Deadly Hume
May 26, 2004

Let's get a little crazy. Let's have some fun.

Shmoses posted:

Haha Henriques. Surely the first bloke to make a pair in a T20?
Holy poo poo.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

The Thunder will win this game. Book it.

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch
Is Australian TV always as full of product placement as this? We've just sad the commentator reading something about anti-depression treatment...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Free to air sport is.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Thunder not having a good day. To pick up on that Gerard Whately piece, isn't it kind of obvious that more people would watch free-to-air cricket than pay tv soccer? It certainly helps that the BBL competition is a lot stronger and exciting this year, but I wouldn't think pay tv is any comparison for anything in Australia.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

IceAgeComing posted:

Is Australian TV always as full of product placement as this? We've just sad the commentator reading something about anti-depression treatment...

Of all the product placement you could complain about, you pick the most worthwhile thing they have mentioned so far.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Isn't the A league on SBS and thats what its being compared to.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
AFL on TV doesn't seem as bad as everything else. AFL on radio is probably the worst, though.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1
Watching Ian Healy shill for whatever poo poo reality show is coming up this year makes me glad the AFL isn't on Nine and I feel bad for NRL followers.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

Nine do like a shill. The worst was the cricket show having a feature that was literally an advert for Toyota. There is slightly more shilling in Cricket compared to NRL because of the slower pace. Not that the Gus and Ray don't fake argue in some nine product placement.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

gabensraum posted:

AFL on TV doesn't seem as bad as everything else. AFL on radio is probably the worst, though.

I dont understand, why would you listen to AFL on anything but Grandstand?

IceAgeComing
Jan 29, 2013

pretty fucking embarrassing to watch

Frogmanv2 posted:

Of all the product placement you could complain about, you pick the most worthwhile thing they have mentioned so far.

I have it on in the background and my brain started filtering out all of the KFC poo poo...

e: T20 cricket is actually quite nice to have when you can't sleep and its 4 in the morning...

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

How funny was Ponting basically telling a bloke his attempt at a very difficult catch was ordinary over microphone. The guy is so hilariously lacking in tact. What a brilliant commentator.

gabensraum
Sep 16, 2003

LOAD "NICE!",8,1

Frogmanv2 posted:

I dont understand, why would you listen to AFL on anything but Grandstand?

Yeah you got me. But actually I would take the worst commercial commentators over the ABC when broadcast from Perth or Adelaide.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Burn Down Canberra posted:

Isn't the A league on SBS and thats what its being compared to.

Whately made two direct comparisons of the numbers between the two, and only obliquely refers to SBS later on. I don't have access to the full ratings so I'm assuming SBS doesn't even compare well with Fox ratings.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Merv seems to be picking Ponting up on his commentary style, there's some fun back and forth between them.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

They are both winding each other up now.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Are they streaming the women's Ashes anywhere?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Scylo posted:

Has anyone been watching the womens ashes stream on the CA website? I think these might be the shortest boundaries I've ever seen in womens cricket, it's ridiculous.

link for anyone interested - http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/1/9/watch-the-womens-ashes-live-website

there you go

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
You can also watch it on the Cricket Australia app even without a subscription, I just checked.

dupersaurus
Aug 1, 2012

Futurism was an art movement where dudes were all 'CARS ARE COOL AND THE PAST IS FOR CHUMPS. LET'S DRAW SOME CARS.'
Aw man the stands are empty :(

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost

Mister Chief posted:

The Thunder will win this game. Book it.

Hah nope. They suck.

They could use Rogers tbh.

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

wow that was poo poo

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Hahaha good running. What a retard.

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
Sydney Thunder vs English 2013 Ashes side - who would win?

Pvt. Public
Sep 9, 2004

I am become Death, the Destroyer of Worlds.

Cat Terrist posted:

Sydney Thunder vs English 2013 Ashes side - who would win?

Not the crowd, that's for sure.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
God I love the Sydney Thunder.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:

The wardrobe person needs to be fired.

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.
Luke Ronchi is a pretty effective limited over hitter but I can't get behind him since he's an Aussie that tossed his toys when he fell out of favour there and saw us as a second choice.

Knuc U Kinte
Aug 17, 2004

Smorgasbord posted:

Luke Ronchi is a pretty effective limited over hitter but I can't get behind him since he's an Aussie that tossed his toys when he fell out of favour there and saw us as a second choice.

So what, he should have retired to the cricketing wilderness?

DAAS Kapitalist
Nov 9, 2005

Jackass: The Mad Monk

Don't try this at home.
He did.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009

dupersaurus posted:

Aw man the stands are empty :(

They should've played this test in Canberra or somewhere like North Sydney Oval. For the womens test in England they played at Wormsley and there were quite a lot of people there based on this photo.

Boonys Cut Shot
Nov 5, 2004

Elite athlete

gabensraum posted:

Watching Ian Healy shill for whatever poo poo reality show is coming up this year makes me glad the AFL isn't on Nine and I feel bad for NRL followers.
Even worse is when they have Richie Benaud shilling stuff. You can hear how affronted he is in his tone of voice.

gabensraum posted:

Yeah you got me. But actually I would take the worst commercial commentators over the ABC when broadcast from Perth or Adelaide.
I've enjoyed it over the last six or seven years because the Cats have been doing so much winning over there. The devastation in their voices is brilliant

Smorgasbord
Jun 18, 2004

Our review identified changes needed to be made and, in Stephen, we have a coach who has a reputation for demanding the highest standards.

Knuc If U Buck posted:

So what, he should have retired to the cricketing wilderness?

He made his choice when he represented Australia at cricket, as a NZer I don't appreciate him jumping across to us as a second choice.

Adam Milne cranking it up to 153kph.

Ratios and Tendency
Apr 23, 2010

:swoon: MURALI :swoon:

Smorgasbord posted:

Adam Milne cranking it up to 153kph.

More importantly he's pitching it up finally and bowled a perfect bouncer. :neckbeard:

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Why is the Brisbane Heat's uniform colour blue? Usually when I think of heat, it is usually red or orange.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Gas burner I guess.

• Locked thread