Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Daeren
Aug 18, 2009

YER MUSTACHE IS CROOKED

Shoehead posted:

:krad:X2

Yes that is a pink Macho Man cowboy hat. Ooooohhh Yeah!

MMMMYEAHHHHH YOU PUTCHA HANDS ON SKELIZABETH

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MisterBishop
Sep 2, 2011

Nooby engineer
Any good place to post .abc files? I know most other things are handled on the Starbound mod site, but I can't find a music repository to post to and I just knocked out a quick'n'dirty conversion of Binks' Sake from a midi after seeing the skeletons here.

Baba Yaga Fanboy
May 18, 2011

:sbahj:Every single one of your mods is amazing, as are these hype-rear end ads you keep making for them. Keep on shining, you beautiful weirdo.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

Daeren posted:

MMMMYEAHHHHH YOU PUTCHA HANDS ON SKELIZABETH

Oh my god I want Macho Man Boney Skellage so bad right now.

Desideratus
Oct 5, 2008

Who are we? We find that we live on an insignificant planet of a humdrum star lost in a galaxy tucked away in some forgotten corner of a universe in which there are far more galaxies than people.

Kyrosiris posted:

So he's like Desideratus, but infinitely less awesome.

Baba Yaga Fanboy posted:

:sbahj:Every single one of your mods is amazing, as are these hype-rear end ads you keep making for them. Keep on shining, you beautiful weirdo.
I feel so loved :glomp:
Honestly I'm really glad everyone likes my work, I feel bad spamming the thread given my work output, but hey~
Also Cake Bandit does them arts, including the amazing banners; I'm just the codemonkey that does all the actual work makes the art work in-game.

Speaking of, THIS MOD TRAIN DON'T STOP! This radical gnarly sweet mod adds a gun, the Ricochet Bomb Blaster; It shoots a spray of 4 projectiles that do tiny damage, that each bounce around for a second at super speed and then split into 4 more bouncy projectiles that do 10x the damage, which then split into 2 sticky bombs that do 10x the damage. But be careful, the incredibly chaotic nature of the thing means "aiming" isn't an option!

Cernunnos
Sep 2, 2011

ppbbbbttttthhhhh~

Getting in the mood to make clothes for :krad: Skellies already eh?

m.hache
Dec 1, 2004

Fun Shoe
I'm having a hell of a time getting this game to run on my system. I've tried the Registry tweak, running in OpenGL, running as Admin, not running as admin, turning off the Steam Overlay and nothing.

The main menu seems to be smooth but the second I enter the game it just grinds to a halt (Sub 5 FPS).

Any thoughts? Thread seemed pretty active so I thought I'd check here.

Windows 7 Ultimate
ATI HD5770
Core 2 Duo Q6600 @ 2.40Ghz
4GB of RAM

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

New Update is up!
  • HATS! Craftable at the Loom until I sort something better out. Enjoy!
  • Changed two of the starter costumes. One is a cooler Leather Jacket and the other a Letterman Jacket. Perfect for bringing out your inner Punk/Jock

Now I can sleep. HAve fun. Send me screen shots.

jadebullet
Mar 25, 2011

MY LIFE FOR YOU!

Front loving page, first mod suggested when you open up starbound nexus. Why was this needed? Why?
http://www.nexusmods.com/starbound/mods/146/

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle

jadebullet posted:

Front loving page, first mod suggested when you open up starbound nexus. Why was this needed? Why?

Nexus has become a parody of itself. The algorithm just searches for the most unnecessary dick or titty mod in the database and reccommend it

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy
Since it seems to be pimp your mod o'clock up in here, this is my entry for the grand op goon modlist: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/base-in-a-box.592/

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008
So the thread Molly started discussing modpacks completely exploded and due to people literally whining that not having full control over their mods removes the possibility that they could get jobs, people literally arguing that the most important aspect of making a mod is the number of Likes and Downloads they get and that mod packs will detract from that, as well as moderators looking into complaints against one of the people bitching that they have been threatening and harassing people to take down their mod packs there are now going to be extra bullshit added to the modding section. :v:

Molly posted:

We'll add some radio buttons to the mod upload page with several options for mod authors.

Usable in mod packs without consent
Usable in mod packs with consent
Do not include in mod packs
Mod assets editable without consent
Mod assets editable with consent
Do not edit assets

Credit to mod authors is still a requirement. Use the @ function to tag the author in the compilation's credit section (i.e- @mollygos ) so the author can be notified.

Mod authors: It's a smart idea to also choose an appropriate license (http://choosealicense.com/) and paste it into your mod description.

I find this completely unneeded when the original way they had it set up was basically a "If you post your mod on our system, you give consent for people to use your mod as they wish".

Again, this is only enforceable upon publicly released modpacks posted on their forums, but it all just seems a tad stupid, especially the part about grabbing a license for their mod as well, can't wait for poo poo storms to happen when what people select that modpack creators can do does not match up what their license says they allow.

Thyrork
Apr 21, 2010

"COME PLAY MECHS M'LANCER."

Or at least use Retrograde Mini's to make cool mechs and fantasy stuff.

:awesomelon:
Slippery Tilde

Pilchenstein posted:

Since it seems to be pimp your mod o'clock up in here, this is my entry for the grand op goon modlist: http://community.playstarbound.com/index.php?resources/base-in-a-box.592/

Unrelated, your desktop is awesome and made my brain hurt, what is it? :haw:

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Hahaha, licensing mods! Those kooky cards...

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

It's well it's certainly base all right, they got that part correct.

I just can't fathom who loads up starbound, makes some tools, mines some ores, blows up some UFO penguins, and then says; 'Yeah, it's pretty good, but I mean, it doesn't have bird boners in it. 3/5 until bird boners are added.'

OwlFancier fucked around with this message at 03:49 on Jan 11, 2014

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

Enzer posted:

So the thread Molly started discussing modpacks completely exploded and due to people literally whining that not having full control over their mods removes the possibility that they could get jobs, people literally arguing that the most important aspect of making a mod is the number of Likes and Downloads they get and that mod packs will detract from that, as well as moderators looking into complaints against one of the people bitching that they have been threatening and harassing people to take down their mod packs there are now going to be extra bullshit added to the modding section. :v:

I find this completely unneeded when the original way they had it set up was basically a "If you post your mod on our system, you give consent for people to use your mod as they wish".

Again, this is only enforceable upon publicly released modpacks posted on their forums, but it all just seems a tad stupid, especially the part about grabbing a license for their mod as well, can't wait for poo poo storms to happen when what people select that modpack creators can do does not match up what their license says they allow.

Oh dangit, they're feeding into what made the Minecraft mod community a cesspit. This is a rather disappointing turn of events.

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

jadebullet posted:

The Nexus database has become sentient, and hates its creators. The only way it can strike back is to put up the worst of the worst.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Roland Jones posted:

Oh dangit, they're feeding into what made the Minecraft mod community a cesspit. This is a rather disappointing turn of events.

How long do you suppose until the "download from external site" link takes you to ad.fly?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

Babe Magnet posted:

How long do you suppose until the "download from external site" link takes you to ad.fly?

Now that, they have cracked down on, saying that they will never ever link to ad.fly and if you do that you can expect to get banned.

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Shadowmorn posted:

Unrelated, your desktop is awesome and made my brain hurt, what is it? :haw:
I think I found the original images on Wikipedia of all places - the full image is here, which includes the bit from my second, smaller monitor that you couldn't see in the video. I made a desktop of it precisely because it makes my brain hurt. :v:

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Doomsayer posted:

The nude mod is indeed hilarious, running around space with no pants on, dick flopping around as you subjugate and/or annihilate all the races in the galaxy.

I think the nice touch about the Dragon Dildo mod was the fact that the Dragon Dildos were, in fact, chairs. Just makes sense if you think about it.

Orv
May 4, 2011

E-Tank posted:

Now that, they have cracked down on, saying that they will never ever link to ad.fly and if you do that you can expect to get banned.

That's not nearly enough to stop these kind of idiots, unfortunately.

Wobbly Python
Jan 2, 2014

boo_radley posted:

I think the nice touch about the Dragon Dildo mod was the fact that the Dragon Dildos were, in fact, chairs. Just makes sense if you think about it.

How long until you can replace the captain's chair with them?

Putin It In Mah ASS
Nov 12, 2003

Omni-gel superlube is great stuff!
Am I supposed to be able to find new crafting recipes somewhere? I got the 5th tier of armor. Are the remaining tiers implemented?

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

Hot Rope Guy

Putin It In Mah rear end posted:

Am I supposed to be able to find new crafting recipes somewhere? I got the 5th tier of armor. Are the remaining tiers implemented?
When you unlocked that tier, you should've also received a recipe for a tech upgrade, which when crafted will unlock tier 6 and the tech upgrade for tier 7 and so on.

Brekelefuw
Dec 16, 2003
I Like Trumpets
You just craft the next ore tech and they will appear in your crafting table list.

Babe Magnet
Jun 2, 2008

Tier 9 armor done.

MShadowy
Sep 30, 2013

dammit eyes don't work that way!

Fun Shoe

Babe Magnet posted:

Tier 9 armor done.

Lovely.

In any case, I've gotten a bit dropkicked by various life related things and have not made too much more progress with the Soma. Sorry bout that, you few who care(d). I'll get back to it hopefully soonish.

MShadowy fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 11, 2014

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Ever since I tried installing skellies and the character extension mod I haven't been able to even load up the game. It just stops at the "Loading" screen even after minutes of waiting. I'm used to the occasional lag in the game, I know the optimization is next, but I can't even start it up with those mods. Has anyone else had this problem with mods?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

shiksa posted:

Ever since I tried installing skellies and the character extension mod I haven't been able to even load up the game. It just stops at the "Loading" screen even after minutes of waiting. I'm used to the occasional lag in the game, I know the optimization is next, but I can't even start it up with those mods. Has anyone else had this problem with mods?

Nope.

Post the last relevant bit of starbound.log, it's probably some sort of conflict or issue.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

Kyrosiris posted:

Nope.

Post the last relevant bit of starbound.log, it's probably some sort of conflict or issue.

The text file in the main folder right? I don't know exactly what I'm looking for but this is it.

e: I think I got it, nevermind, I unzipped the update into the original folder instead of deleting the original folder and replacing it. I did that and it works now. I'm a mod dummy nevermind me I just want to have a skeletonbro.

shiksa fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Jan 11, 2014

onemanlan
Oct 4, 2006

That could be awesome if it applied to every flying enemy. Glad to see such fanship in all forms I guess...

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

shiksa posted:

e: I think I got it, nevermind, I unzipped the update into the original folder instead of deleting the original folder and replacing it. I did that and it works now. I'm a mod dummy nevermind me I just want to have a skeletonbro.

Yeah, if a mod updates it's best to simply delete and re-extract the folder. :) Glad it's working now!

Ernie Muppari
Aug 4, 2012

Keep this up G'Bert, and soon you won't have a pigeon to protect!

Enzer posted:

What is it about modding games like this that attracts the most insufferable/lame assholes?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

Ernie Muppari posted:

What is it about modding games like this that attracts the most insufferable/lame assholes?

"I'm gonna be the next bukkit/tekkit/whatever the gently caress stupid mod and make $$$$$MONEY$$$$$!!!!!!", basically.

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Kyrosiris posted:

"I'm gonna be the next bukkit/tekkit/whatever the gently caress stupid mod and make $$$$$MONEY$$$$$!!!!!!", basically.

On top of that, recently some guy who made a mod for Skyrim (basically an unofficial DLC in quality, size and scope) got a job offer from Bungie based on his mod work. So now we got a lot of people who think they can be the next Alexander. :v:

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

Enzer posted:

We'll add some radio buttons to the mod upload page with several options for mod authors.

Usable in mod packs without consent
Usable in mod packs with consent
Do not include in mod packs
Mod assets editable without consent
Mod assets editable with consent
Do not edit assets

Credit to mod authors is still a requirement. Use the @ function to tag the author in the compilation's credit section (i.e- @mollygos ) so the author can be notified.

Mod authors: It's a smart idea to also choose an appropriate license (http://choosealicense.com/) and paste it into your mod description.

Everyone involved in this, including and especially the devs/mods/whoever, are loving dumb. Who listens to literally retarded children being bitches and makes policy based on that?

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Is there a thread on their forums to voice disapproval of them caving with this latest change in policy?

Since apparently complaining works, for some reason

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

I dunno, I don't see this as something worth complaining about? :shrug:

I'd like to assume that the radio buttons took all of like 15-20 minutes to add and if it shuts people up, it shuts people up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Enzer
Oct 17, 2008

Jackard posted:

Is there a thread on their forums to voice disapproval of them caving with this latest change in policy?

Since apparently complaining works, for some reason

I mean, you can try to complain directly at Molly's post if you really want.

Kyrosiris posted:

I dunno, I don't see this as something worth complaining about? :shrug:

I'd like to assume that the radio buttons took all of like 15-20 minutes to add and if it shuts people up, it shuts people up.

At the same time we have their forum moderators getting giddy that they now have new reasons to ban people, which I think is loving stupid. Making a better community my rear end. :P

Honestly, I don't like that they are enforcing these options:

-Anyone can use this mod in their mod compilation without the author's consent.
-You must get the author's consent before including this mod in a compilation.
-Do not include this mod in compilations.

It is mainly the 2nd option, the first and third are whatever, but the second only brings forth the people want their egos to be inflated and want to use the power of granting use of their mod to better enforce the "mod authors are first class users, everyone else is beneath us and should give us praise". It just rubs me wrong the whole "pick and choose who gets permissions and who doesn't based on biased reasoning". If you are going to give a few people consent, give everyone consent, there are no good "healthy for the community" (since that is what these people are always saying stronger regulations will bring) reasons to tell someone no.

Really all this is going to do is splinter the community more as people just host their mod compilations on a third party site where the Chucklefish forum rules cannot touch them.

Enzer fucked around with this message at 07:10 on Jan 11, 2014

• Locked thread