Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Morose
Jun 20, 2005

Feast of Burden posted:

New Hail Spirit Noir is out there somewhere. It's only January 6th and its AOTY as gently caress.

EDIT: Youtube'd a track for yall.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhSkMYw3HhE

You ain't kiddin' about AOTY. This album is absolutely, mind-blowingly great, and sets the 2014 bar almost impossibly high. I wasn't all that crazy about their last record, but holy fuckballs did they ever step it up.

Captain Morose fucked around with this message at 13:38 on Jan 7, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nihil morari
Sep 24, 2011

by Ralp
I'm really enjoying the new album The Tower by Vulture Industries. I never heard of them before. Slightly avant-metal I guess. Whole album is up on the youtube. Here's two favorite tracks of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeFl7x-8ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZ_pm7R22Q

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

Nordick posted:

Skull Fist have a new album out. Signs point to it being pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTcEOcQniQ

Kinda coming to the 80s reenactor thing a bit late though, aren't they?

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

comes along bort posted:

Kinda coming to the 80s reenactor thing a bit late though, aren't they?
I dunno, they've been around for like three years now. And as long as the music sounds good, I don't really give a poo poo. :shrug:

Oldstench
Jun 29, 2007

Let's talk about where you're going.
Really digging the new NoEvDia landing page...

burzum karaoke
May 30, 2003

Nordick posted:

Skull Fist have a new album out. Signs point to it being pretty good!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TdTcEOcQniQ

I liked Head of the Pack a lot, wow did the production/sound take a huge nosedive on this album.

Vulture Culture
Jul 14, 2003

I was never enjoying it. I only eat it for the nutrients.

nihil morari posted:

I'm really enjoying the new album The Tower by Vulture Industries. I never heard of them before. Slightly avant-metal I guess. Whole album is up on the youtube. Here's two favorite tracks of mine:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aCeFl7x-8ns
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acZ_pm7R22Q
I heard this a few weeks ago, and was pleasantly surprised to see they've moved on from the (excellent) wholesale worship of La Masquerade Infernale and have started creating something a little more distinctly their own.

ChickenArise
May 12, 2010

POWER
= MEAT +
OPPORTUNITY
= BATTLEWORMS

UncleSkunk posted:

I don't know poo poo about hardcore but All Pigs Must Die are badass
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oLZlS1c2sYc

Kurt Ballou has golden fingers.

e: Also I really came around on the Vulture Industries. There's a lot that I don't care for in it, but they always win me over.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012

Oldstench posted:

Really digging the new NoEvDia landing page...

Yessssssssss. I can't wait. I should really pick up Seven Chalices on vinyl at some point.

Git Mah Belt Son
Apr 26, 2003

Happy Happy Gators
I listened to the new Iced Earth album at least 3 times at work today...I'm very slightly disappointed. I liked Dystopia better but this isn't bad by any means. Stu's vocals are better on this album, but after the first song (the title track) being loving AWESOME the rest of the album is a tad of a let down.

Still loving some new Iced Earth though. Stu Block is the replacement that they wished Owens was. He owns on this drat album.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.

Git Mah Belt Son posted:

I listened to the new Iced Earth album at least 3 times at work today...I'm very slightly disappointed. I liked Dystopia better but this isn't bad by any means. Stu's vocals are better on this album, but after the first song (the title track) being loving AWESOME the rest of the album is a tad of a let down.

Still loving some new Iced Earth though. Stu Block is the replacement that they wished Owens was. He owns on this drat album.
Dystopia is pretty good, but somehow it just couldn't hold my interest for long. Iced Earth used to be one of my favourite bands, but the last album of theirs that I've really felt like listening to a lot was Horror Show. Gotta check out this new album too just in case, though.

And on another note, here's a new Persuader song. Now, the song itself is okay though nothing extraordiary, but holy poo poo it's staggering how much the vocalist sounds like Hansi Kursch from Blind Guardian.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AOM3Iy1iSCI

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

A new Slough Feg album is available for preorder on the Metal Blade website: http://www.metalblade.com/sloughfeg/.

You can also listen to the title track Digital Resistance on that same page.

E:

super size soft serve fucked around with this message at 09:42 on Jan 9, 2014

thepitgoddess
Dec 23, 2009

Even Death Metal Monsters Love Cookies
Someone murdered Avaejee (Sam-Ong Trysatyr) from Zygoatsis today.

That is really, really lovely.

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

BjornOfBorg posted:

A new Slough Feg album is available for preorder on the Metal Blade website: http://www.metalblade.com/sloughfeg/.

You can also listen to the title track Digital Resistance on that same page.

E:
Fuckin finally

thepitgoddess posted:

Someone murdered Avaejee (Sam-Ong Trysatyr) from Zygoatsis today.

That is really, really lovely.
Ugh, that sucks

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Oh my god the autotune on the new Skull Fist album. What the gently caress were they thinking

Dyscrasia
Jun 23, 2003
Give Me Hamms Premium Draft or Give Me DEATH!!!!

m-o-o-n posted:

Oh my god the autotune on the new Skull Fist album. What the gently caress were they thinking

As someone that loved the first one, I'm inclined to say that about the whole album.

Its not terrible I suppose, but its a far cry from the first album.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
It appears to be official...

Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349, Inquisition and The Black Crown Initiate for the 2014 ‘Metal Alliance Tour’

Baron Von Ghoulosh fucked around with this message at 17:29 on Jan 13, 2014

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010

Baron Von Ghoulosh posted:

gently caress Yes!!!

Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349 and Inquisition for the 2014 ‘Metal Alliance Tour’ to be revealed this coming Monday, January 13th.

The dates to have slipped out thus far:
05/03 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven
04/04 Tempe, AZ – Club Red
04/05 West Hollywood, CA – House Of Blues
04/06 San Francisco, CA – Regency Ballroom
04/08 Englewood, CO – Gothic Theatre
04/11 Dallas, TX – House Of Blues
04/12 Austin, TX – Emo’s
04/13 Houston, TX – House Of Blues
04/15 Orlando, FL – The Beacham
04/16 Charlotte, NC – Tremont Music Hall
04/17 Philadelphia, PA – TLA
04/18 Worcester, MA – Palladium (‘New England Metal And Hardcore Festival‘)
04/19 New York, NY – Irving Plaza
04/22 Montreal, QC – Club Soda
04/23 Toronto, ON – The Opera House
04/24 Cleveland, OH – Agora Ballroom
04/25 Chicago, IL – House Of Blues
04/26 Minneapolis, MN – Skyway Theater – Studio B
04/27 Winnipeg, MB – TBA
04/29 Calgary, AB – MacEwan Hall
04/30 Edmonton, AB – Union Hall
05/02 Vancouver, BC – Rickshaw Theatre
05/03 Seattle, WA – Studio Seven

I don't give a poo poo about any of those bands except for Inquisition but drat do I love Inquisition.

nomapple
Apr 27, 2012
Behemoth and Inquisition are coming to the UK as well, but with Cradle of Filth, In Solitude and another band. I love Inquisition and like Behemoth but am still in two minds as to whether I can be bothered given that the venue is big and Inquisition will probably only play for 30 mins.

Morbid Florist
Oct 22, 2002

and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

gently caress Yes!!!

Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349 and Inquisition for the 2014 ‘Metal Alliance Tour’ to be revealed this coming Monday, January 13th.

I'd be happier if they reversed that stage order

Falls Motel
May 2, 2009
I feel like 1349 would be fun as gently caress live.

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

Falls Motel posted:

I feel like 1349 would be fun as gently caress live.
They do put on a pretty great show, saw them as the first opening band with Aborted, Dying Fetus, Suffocation and Carcass. That entire show was amazing

Khomaniac
Dec 9, 2013

Morbid Florist posted:

I'd be happier if they reversed that stage order

Hahahahahahahahaha, I saw Behemoth on the Decibel tour with Watain and In Solitude a couple years back, and even though Nergal is a pretentious rear end in a top hat (Go look at the trailers for his book on youtube, he is like an internet militant atheist in a 5 foot tall self obsessed cancer stricken body.), and I don't like the direction they have been moving in since Demigod, they put on a hell of a show. The only people I could see not feeling they got their money's worth is the crowd that only likes Behemoth's true black metal early 90s output.

Goatwhore is always solid as gently caress live too. Caught them with High on Fire a while back. Rowdy as gently caress. Haven't seen the other too.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
The Ocean and Scale the Summit just announced a co-headlining tour with The Atlas Moth and Silver Snakes. I can't go because the Cleveland date is on a Tuesday, but here are the dates:

03/05 Seattle, WA - Chop Suey

03/06 Portland, OR - Branx

03/07 San Francisco, CA - Bottom Of The Hill

03/08 Los Angeles, CA - The Lyric

03/09 San Diego, CA - Soda Bar

03/10 Tempe, AZ - Yucca Taproom

03/11 El Paso, TX - The Spot

03/12 Austin, TX - SXSW

03/13 Austin, TX - SXSW

03/14 Grand Prairie, TX - QuickTrip Ball Park

03/15 Houston, TX - Fitzgerald's

03/16 Metairie, LA - Cypress

03/17 Tampa, FL - Crowbar

03/18 Pembroke Pines, FL - The Talent Farm

03/19 Orlando, FL - Backbooth

03/21 Atlanta, GA - The Masquerade

03/22 Louisville, KY - The Diamond Pub

03/23 Chicago, IL - Subterranean

03/24 Pontiac, MI - The Pike Room @ Crofoot

03/25 Cleveland Heights, OH - Grog Shop

03/26 Pittsburgh, PA - Altar Bar

03/27 Washington, DC - DC9

03/28 Philly, PA - tba

03/29 New York, NY - The Studio At Webster Hall

03/30 Cambridge, MA - The Sinclair

Fenrir
Apr 26, 2005

I found my kendo stick, bitch!

Lipstick Apathy

It appears to be official...

Behemoth, Goatwhore, 1349, Inquisition and The Black Crown Initiate for the 2014 ‘Metal Alliance Tour’

God drat :stare:

That's going to be one hell of a show. Behemoth and Goatwhore are loving great live and while I haven't seen 1349, I've heard nothing but good things.

Baron Von Ghoulosh
Dec 16, 2005

There was a time when I fed from golden chalices,
but now...

Now, I feed as
an old man pees.
Call me easily entertained, but I still get goosebumps thinking about Behemoth doing the whole spewing of blood during their Chant for Eschaton 2000 closure a few years back. Being the road dogs they are, I've seen Goatwhore numerous times. They NEVER disappoint. I missed 1349 when they tried to tour with Cannibal Corpse a while back due to visa issues and I've been chomping at the bit at an opportunity to finally witness Inquisition. So, needless to say, I'll be looking forward to this one.

Shakenbaker
Nov 14, 2005

Grimey Drawer

Henchman of Santa posted:

The Ocean and Scale the Summit just announced a co-headlining tour with The Atlas Moth and Silver Snakes. I can't go because the Cleveland date is on a Tuesday, but here are the dates

03/17 Tampa, FL - Crowbar

Ohh, this I can get behind.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Can anyone recommend any songs that use bells prominently? I've been listening to maudlin of the Well's 'Bizarre Flowers/A Violent Mist' a lot lately, and the bells in the first half are kinda beautiful. It doesn't have to necessarily be structured like that song, with the bells in a softer section of the song, just metal with some sweet bells.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Detective Thompson posted:

Can anyone recommend any songs that use bells prominently? I've been listening to maudlin of the Well's 'Bizarre Flowers/A Violent Mist' a lot lately, and the bells in the first half are kinda beautiful. It doesn't have to necessarily be structured like that song, with the bells in a softer section of the song, just metal with some sweet bells.
There's Type O Negative's "Red Water", though it may be a bit heavy on the mopey side for your tastes.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sonne Adam's song "sonne Adam" off transformation has a good bell section towards the end

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

EoinCannon posted:

Sonne Adam's song "sonne Adam" off transformation has a good bell section towards the end

My first thoughts as well!

Dimebags Brain
Feb 18, 2013

Godkiller's End of the World.

Ganondork
Dec 26, 2012

Ganondork

Kvlt! posted:

So I was listening to some Gloryhammer and these guys are actually good. It is ridiculous epic fantasy-power metal, but I loved it! It's really fun music. What do you guys think of it?

Thanks for this one! I'm loving these new power metal bands that don't take themselves seriously...at all. Good stuff.

edrith
Apr 10, 2013
Paganfest America roster announced, no dates yet.

Pretty excited for Chthonic. Turisas lost their keyboardist a few days ago. Kasper Martenson from Barren Earth is covering for them on their European tour.

the yeti
Mar 29, 2008

memento disco

Excellent. I caught Chthonic years and years ago, been itching to see them again.

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
look at all them fakerunes

funeral fag
Jun 23, 2004

Okay I just heard Orator's debut album from last year and it's the best deaththrash I've heard in ages. Echoes of old Sodom, Terrorizer and Morbid Angel abound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ieWyjgayz2g

DeusExMachinima
Sep 2, 2012

:siren:This poster loves police brutality, but only when its against minorities!:siren:

Put this loser on ignore immediately!
Never heard of Varg when I saw them before Eluveitie last year. The singer isn't much but their guitarists really crank it out live. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-QbalH4hYFg

Von Sloneker
Jul 6, 2009

as if all this was something more
than another footnote on a postcard from nowhere,
another chapter in the handbook for exercises in futility
Bells bells bells.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ccRAUvqr5A4

At least I ... think those are bells. The more and closer I listen, the more I hear some kind of stringed texture in there too. Either way it sounds bellsy.

Secrets of the Moon used a bell in "Versus." Way more sparingly, but it's there as a cool punctuation.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D0Wq9U7_RsQ

Von Sloneker fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 17, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

thehouseplant
May 2, 2007

edrith posted:

Paganfest America roster announced, no dates yet.

[Paganfest stuff]

Pretty excited for Chthonic. Turisas lost their keyboardist a few days ago. Kasper Martenson from Barren Earth is covering for them on their European tour.

Ugh, I know the whole folk metal thing has been over-done, but I'm so tired of seeing Korpiklaani and/or Turisas on every tour ever. Chthonic is amazing, though, and they put on a great show so there is always that.