Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quidthulhu
Dec 17, 2003

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

PaletteSwappedNinja posted:

The Wii U is saved! Y'all ready for FLAVOURED CATS?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_sGQQ6DziDg

"Coming to WiiU eShop, 2014"

Keep aimin' big, broham :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

I like the part at 14 seconds where the camera clips through the terrain.

Edit: Oh hey it happens at the start with the stairs too

Edit 2: I don't understand, I did a Google search and it turned up a number of news sites announcing this as an actual game for the Wii U. But the only source seems to be the developer making that claim. This has to be the best Wii U related prank ever.

BattleMaster fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Jan 11, 2014

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

*Insert Sailor Jupiter joke here*

Comments are disabled.

I can't tell if this is serious or not, the "Second Game" thing worries me, these people made something else? Did it actually get put up?

The goofy stock music, the lack of anything interesting going on, the cheap Sonic-1 style Green on brown everything, the guy going out of his way to not pick anything up, and the graphics that would look bad on a PSOne make this look more like a joke than anything else.

Champeenship
Oct 9, 2012
These guys do have a website, and seem to have made an actual game, so there is that I guess. I'll leave it to guys to parse through the bad English (They seem to be Dutch from what I can gather).

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Champeenship posted:

These guys do have a website, and seem to have made an actual game, so there is that I guess. I'll leave it to guys to parse through the bad English (They seem to be Dutch from what I can gather).

The only other game they seem to have made is called Chimpuzzle (Which is also something they want to put on Wii U.)

This is their synopsis on the game.

quote:

Chimpuzzle is a combination of Tetris and a platform game. In this game, the player needs to create a path for the Bobo the Monkey to get to his goal. His goal is collecting bananas. Where are you even waiting for? Download the game and enjoy the fun!

And this is an example of said game.

This seems to be a consistent artstyle, the boxy headed animals, that is.

No. 1 Callie Fan
Feb 17, 2011

This inkling is your FRIEND
She fights for LOVE
I'm half-expecting an in-depth "Let's Play" video of Flavoured Cats from Lowtax now.

EDIT: I see it's an Unity game. Should've guessed.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

Consider me well and truly teased.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

I have a quick question about using the Nintendo E-Shop. My partner lives in Vancouver and I want to buy her the new pokemon game. She has a UK 3DS and I want to buy the game on the Nintendo eshop website. When I have it selected it says the game will be delivered to me (by the email address I have used to create an account). How do I then pass the game to her ? Will it just send me a code that she can redeem on her 3DS or is her 3DS tied to another email address ? I find the Nintendo website very vague.

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

mitochondritom posted:

I have a quick question about using the Nintendo E-Shop. My partner lives in Vancouver and I want to buy her the new pokemon game. She has a UK 3DS and I want to buy the game on the Nintendo eshop website. When I have it selected it says the game will be delivered to me (by the email address I have used to create an account). How do I then pass the game to her ? Will it just send me a code that she can redeem on her 3DS or is her 3DS tied to another email address ? I find the Nintendo website very vague.
You don't get a code, any games you buy just get added to your account. And the 3DS eShop has no gifting options at all. Stupid, yes.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

Purple D. Link posted:

You don't get a code, any games you buy just get added to your account. And the 3DS eShop has no gifting options at all. Stupid, yes.

But I don't have an "account", I have just used my personal email address.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

mitochondritom posted:

Just to make sure... You're at store.nintendo.co.uk and you go through the 3ds section, select Pokemon then clicked on Download(not Buy Now) right? If you did and it says Pokemon - Digital Download in your cart then it should email you a redemption code but since it isn't clear they might send you the physical game code card in the mail.

The best solution is if you live near a GAME go there and buy the same download game code card that you would from Nintendo's site except it is 31.99 instead of 39.99 then go home, scratch off the code and send it to them. I'm pretty sure that the download codes for games are all 8 cheaper at GAME than through Nintendo directly.

mitochondritom
Oct 3, 2010

deafmute posted:

Just to make sure... You're at store.nintendo.co.uk and you go through the 3ds section, select Pokemon then clicked on Download(not Buy Now) right? If you did and it says Pokemon - Digital Download in your cart then it should email you a redemption code but since it isn't clear they might send you the physical game code card in the mail.

The best solution is if you live near a GAME go there and buy the same download game code card that you would from Nintendo's site except it is 31.99 instead of 39.99 then go home, scratch off the code and send it to them. I'm pretty sure that the download codes for games are all 8 cheaper at GAME than through Nintendo directly.

Yes that is what I was trying to do. I went to the GAME website instead and bought Pokemon X there as a download, it said it will email me a redeemable code, which I can then forward to her. It was a very confusing experience !

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

mitochondritom posted:

But I don't have an "account", I have just used my personal email address.
Oh, duh, my mistake. I was reading it as though you were doing this through a 3DS.

deafmute
Jun 24, 2003

You can't choke if you chew forever
:dukedog:

mitochondritom posted:

Yes that is what I was trying to do. I went to the GAME website instead and bought Pokemon X there as a download, it said it will email me a redeemable code, which I can then forward to her. It was a very confusing experience !
Glad that you got it all sorted and saved some money in the process :hfive:

AngryCaterpillar
Feb 1, 2007

I DREW THIS

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRL9PDLeosU

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
PAL update (week of January 16):

quote:

WII U RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    F1 Race Stars: Powered Up Edition - €24.99 / £19.99
WII U eSHOP
    Dr. Luigi - €14.99 / £13.49
WII U VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Legend of the Mystical Ninja (SNES) - €7.99 / £5.49
WII U SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Wii Fit U Trial Version (Wii U) - free for 31 days, available until January 31 (Balance Board required.)
    Trine 2: Directors Cut (Wii U eShop) - €6.79 / £5.49 from January 16-30
    EDGE (Wii U eShop) - €1.99 / £1.79 until February 1

3DS RETAIL DOWNLOADS
    Mario Party: Island Tour - €39.99 / £34.99
3DS VIRTUAL CONSOLE
    Castlevania II: Simon's Quest (NES) - €3.99 / £3.59
3DS SALES/PROMOTIONS
    Aqua Moto Racing 3D (3DS eShop) - €5.99 / £5.39 until January 23
    MYST (3DS eShop) - €9.99 / £8.99 until January 31
    Dress To Play: Cute Witches (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 from January 16-February 6
    Dress To Play: Magic Bubble (3DS eShop) - €0.99 / £0.89 from January 16-February 6

There's also a patch for Jett Rockett 2 that fixes some bugs and makes some other vague changes, should be available in both regions.

Interesting to note that CV2 isn't the usual 5EUR; I know Konami went with a lower price for Milon's Secret Castle, too, but y'know, it's Milon's Secret Castle.

EDIT: oh, and Goemon's the PAL version.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
Was castlevania II the one that the villagers gave either clues that made no sense or actually impeded you? Was that down to dodgy translation or was it the same in Japanese? Although it probably wasn't intentional, it's quite nice to have a game where all the village rumors aren't 100% true all the time.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.

Shelf Adventure posted:

Was castlevania II the one that the villagers gave either clues that made no sense or actually impeded you? Was that down to dodgy translation or was it the same in Japanese? Although it probably wasn't intentional, it's quite nice to have a game where all the village rumors aren't 100% true all the time.

Both! A lot of the original NPC dialogue was deceptive or just plain nonsense, and then the English translation added a whole bunch of its own incongruities.

Tyma
Dec 22, 2004

I love Leinster and I couldn't be happier that Jordie Barrett has signed with them on a short term deal.

Shelf Adventure posted:

The help given by the villagers is vague and cryptic in the Japanese version, and ranges from "very vague" to "complete gibberish" in the English versions, because of mistranslations.

At the time, Nintendo Of America were terrified of the emerging Videogame rental market, and had strict guidelines for publishers to ensure that all NES games "couldn't be beaten in a weekend of gameplay", but Castlevania 2 is intentionally cryptic in Japan as well. This was at a time when the design of Tower Of Druaga was held in high regard, and developers were very fond of games in which kids helped each other progress, by exchanging secrets and advice on the playground. The clues were probably there to point people in the right direction, but Konami ultimately expected the puzzles to be solved via word of mouth for the majority of players.

Tyma fucked around with this message at 11:39 on Jan 13, 2014

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Mystical Ninja. Goemon dammit.

Also F1 Race Stars is worth £20 if you want something to tide you over until Mario Kart.

Sakurazuka
Jan 24, 2004

NANI?

Legend of the Mystical Ninja is awesome, just a shame we'll never see the even better Goemon 2.

Also thank god for save states and never having to deal with those loving passwords.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Is Code of Princess any good?

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Justin_Brett posted:

Is Code of Princess any good?

Short Answer: No

Long Answer: It should be, but no other game runs as poorly as CoP does on the 3DS. Literally the worst of the library in this regard. If it could be patched to run at a consistent 30FPS, it'd be easy to recommend, but they didn't/won't/can't, so it's not worth more than 5bux at most.

Justin_Brett
Oct 23, 2012

GAMERDOME put down LOSER
Ouch. Guess I'll steer clear.

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Code of Princess was a huge loving disappointment. Ignoring the fanservice character designs of some characters, it had a good team behind it and should have been a portable spiritual successor to Guardian Heroes.

Instead it runs in what seems like single-digit FPS when you do something as simple as walk from left to right with no enemies on screen.

irlZaphod
Mar 26, 2004

Kiss the Joycon to Kiss Zelda

The Something Awful Forums > Discussion > Games > NINTENDO eSHOP: No, Code of Princess is Not Good

Original_Z
Jun 14, 2005
Z so good
Even if the game had a stable framerate it's still a stinker. The combat barely has any depth and you'll just be using the same combos nonstop while slogging through short stages, killing the same enemies over and over again. They also recorded like 5 lines of dialogue for the characters, so you'll be hearing "Stop that! Sorry! Finishing blow!" nonstop throughout the entire game.

Goddamn, what a stinker. I like beat-em-ups, but this game was just so boring and irritating.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Shouldn't the Club Nintendo rewards be out by now?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

MassRafTer posted:

Shouldn't the Club Nintendo rewards be out by now?

Sometime this morning they changed the date for tomorrow.

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Looks like they pushed the date up from the 12th to the 13th so they'll probably still be available until midnight or tomorrow morning at latest.

e: f;b, but anyway isn't this the second time they've done that?

Purple D. Link
May 17, 2011

HE IS THE HERO

RMZXAnarchy posted:

Looks like they pushed the date up from the 12th to the 13th so they'll probably still be available until midnight or tomorrow morning at latest.

e: f;b, but anyway isn't this the second time they've done that?
Yeah, they did that last time too. Kind of annoying. And watch it not even be worth the wait. :smith:

RMZXAnarchy
Sep 9, 2011

Purple D. Link posted:

Yeah, they did that last time too. Kind of annoying. And watch it not even be worth the wait. :smith:

I wouldn't be surprised if 3D Classics Urban Champion makes yet another appearance, honestly.

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

If you're in the UK, hop on these crazy deals ASAP.

E: can't get the link to parse on mobile, check this NeoGAF thread.

http://m.neogaf.com/showthread.php?t=751226

Digital titles like Pikmin 3 and Dream Team Bros for dirt cheap.

deadwing fucked around with this message at 14:20 on Jan 14, 2014

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Full list of crazy discounts for posterity, all prices in GBP:

Lego City Undercover: Chase Begins - 6.95
Animal Crossing New Leaf - 7.95
Mario and Luigi: Dream Team Bros - 7.95
Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D - 8.95

The Wonderful 101 - 8.95
Pikmin 3 - 8.95

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Waiting to see if they work for PAL stuff outside of Europe.

If I can get Pikmin 3 for about $17AUD, i'd be jumping on the offer.

PaletteSwappedNinja
Jun 3, 2008

One Nation, Under God.
Create a second user profile with the UK as their country of origin, use that one to redeem the code.

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Create a second user profile with the UK as their country of origin, use that one to redeem the code.
Too late, they caught on and put the prices up again.

Oh well.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

Crawfish posted:

Too late, they caught on and put the prices up again.

Oh well.

They're still showing for me if you do a search.

Shelf Adventure
Jul 18, 2006
I'm down with that brother
It looks like animal crossing and pikmin are back to full price, but donkey kong and dream team bros aren't. Just put an order in, fingers crossed!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crawfish
Dec 11, 2012

Pikmin 3 was pretty much all I was interested in, and it and Animal Crossing, arguably the best games on that special/price error were the first ones changed back.