Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

Would you prefer it if you were called a genetic oddity?

Probably! I think my point is that almost everyone has something they don't like, and it isn't immaturity (which isn't to day that sometimes it is immaturity - but it isn't always). It's just what makes people different. Call it a genetic oddity if you like - but don't call it immaturity.

That's an olive branch I can grasp!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

No Wave posted:

Even pico de gallo?

It's the raw tomato skin feeling as you try to chew it that gets to me. Texture rather than flavor. Like that outer layer of an onion skin. My teeth can't seem to do anything with it.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
Avocados are good for guac and nothing else.

And I only really like the upper 1% of tomatoes enough to eat them raw so normally I just avoid them unless I have reason to believe them to be good. Bad tomatoes are so so sad.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

bunnielab posted:

And I only really like the upper 1% of tomatoes enough to eat them raw so normally I just avoid them unless I have reason to believe them to be good. Bad tomatoes are so so sad.
I only buy them fresh in-season (except for pico de gallo, which is a whenever food for me and is pretty tasty even if the tomatoes aren't fantastic). That pretty much takes care of it. Canned tomatoes are so drat good.

I'm sure I could find more ways to use avocado, but really I never get enough guac anyways so why bother?

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

GrAviTy84 posted:

Sorry but this begs the question of if you've ever had a perfectly ripe tomato still warm off the vine. I have a hard time believing someone could not like that.

Check your California privilege, please.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

He just wants someone to shake his corks, is that too much to ask??
On another topic... I am now dewormed.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

bunnielab posted:

BLT's get taken to another level with avocado. I guess they'd become BLTA's then but still. A couple slices of ripe avocado are delicious.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

No Wave posted:

Even pico de gallo?

No, I love pico de gallo and tomato bruschetta. It's just tomato on it's own, or things like tomato-mozzarella-basil platters that get me. I guess the lime or balsamic just takes whatever edge it is I don't like off them.

Also, I'm English. Fresh tomatoes come from my grandma's greenhouse, and with the weather here I'm lucky if I can collect them without a coat.

Skinny King Pimp
Aug 25, 2011
Skinny Queen Wimp

Doh004 posted:

BLT's get taken to another level with avocado. I guess they'd become BLTA's then but still. A couple slices of ripe avocado are delicious.

The BLAT is one of my favorite sandwiches. That poo poo is amazing with some nice thick bacon and a bunch of cracked black pepper on the avocado.

mich
Feb 28, 2003
I may be racist but I'm the good kind of racist! You better put down those chopsticks, you HITLER!
TABLE

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

ROFL. <3 u mich

therattle posted:

Probably! I think my point is that almost everyone has something they don't like, and it isn't immaturity (which isn't to day that sometimes it is immaturity - but it isn't always). It's just what makes people different. Call it a genetic oddity if you like - but don't call it immaturity.

That's an olive branch I can grasp!

Idk. Im a genetic oddity in that I'm allergic to peanuts and I wish so bad that they were just a taste I had yet to acquire.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer

Doh004 posted:

Ok I can see that. A BLT is already a texture madhouse so it would fit. I think it would be better whipped into the mayo though.

I like making BLTs in the summer but I am forever chasing the best bread style, thickness, and toastedness.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Vegetable Melange posted:

Check your California privilege, please.

I live in Massachusetts and have eaten countless fresh tomatoes of several varieties right off the vine.

Avocado haters can shove their opinions about the Best Fruit.

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

bunnielab posted:

Ok I can see that. A BLT is already a texture madhouse so it would fit. I think it would be better whipped into the mayo though.

I like making BLTs in the summer but I am forever chasing the best bread style, thickness, and toastedness.

If I add avocado to the BLT I end up not needing mayo. I find it adds sufficient creaminess.

But I also really like avocados and eat them straight up (with a sprinkling of salt) so YMMV.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

LGBT

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Avocado pizza with a little red pepper flake is great.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

Doh004 posted:

If I add avocado to the BLT I end up not needing mayo. I find it adds sufficient creaminess.

But I also really like avocados and eat them straight up (with a sprinkling of salt) so YMMV.

Whoa whoa whoa mayocado BLT owns. :colbert:

Doh004
Apr 22, 2007

Mmmmm Donuts...

GrAviTy84 posted:

Whoa whoa whoa mayocado BLT owns. :colbert:

Yep it's good stuff.

It's all good.

Put avocado on everything. It owns.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Avocado on burgs is good. Way better than mayo on burgs.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

If the avocado I just opened is perfect I'll forgo using it for salad or whatever and instead I'll fill the cavity half-full with my best Japanese soy and a dab of wasabi and eat as is with a teapoon. To the cook go the spoils.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Sjurygg posted:

If the avocado I just opened is perfect I'll forgo using it for salad or whatever and instead I'll fill the cavity half-full with my best Japanese soy and a dab of wasabi and eat as is with a teapoon. To the cook go the spoils.
Mm yes. Or just a bit if vinegar (balsamic or other) and some salt.

geetee
Feb 2, 2004

>;[
Tomatoes in my guac? Discuss.

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA
May 29, 2008

ITT people have cilantro autism

SymmetryrtemmyS
Jul 13, 2013

I got super tired of seeing your avatar throwing those fuckin' glasses around in the astrology thread so I fixed it to a .jpg

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Depends on what you're burgin' on, but yes, generally.

Sjurygg posted:

I like to sprinkle mine with lemon juice and salt.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

EAT THE EGGS RICOLA posted:

ITT people have cilantro autism

quit being so immature dude and eat your slimy fermented mutton fat

copen
Feb 2, 2003

Crusty Nutsack posted:

I'm sorry about your wrong opinions.

geetee posted:

Tomatoes in my guac? Discuss.

Sometimes, only if they are good and I need to use them up.
Take out the seeds though and the wet stuff though or it makes it too watery.

usually if i'm making quac, I also make pico de gallo. It is the same recipe just tomatoes instead of avacados.

So I do that then eat them together.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

True story, I taught my wife how to not just like, but specifically seek out, avocado, pickled olives and salt tongue. Conversely for century eggs, stinky tofu and milky tea.
It's beautiful.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

copen posted:

I'm sorry about your wrong opinions.

I'm sorry you're broken

Chef De Cuisinart
Oct 31, 2010

Brandy does in fact, in my experience, contribute to Getting Down.
The one food I can not live without: tortillas.

A tomato does me no good if I have no tortilla to make a taco/burra/tostada/etc.

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Chef De Cuisinart posted:

The one food I can not live without: tortillas.

A tomato does me no good if I have no tortilla to make a taco/burra/tostada/etc.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

Ok - I need to find cheese knives..

recommendations?

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
As acwedding

Happy Hat posted:

recommendations?

As a wedding present we got a set of 3 steel legnoart cheese knives. Quite pricy but beautiful and good.

Happy Hat
Aug 11, 2008

They actually look really good!

Dane
Jun 18, 2003

mmm... creamy.
(continuing the moonlanguage thing because you all seem to enjoy it so much)

Jamen jeg kommer gerne ned i din kælder (eller er det mon klogt?) Hvornår kunne det passe dig? Er i Kbh de næste par weekender og har travlt i starten af den kommende uge (hurra for deadlines).

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Happy Hat posted:

recommendations?

I got a great set of Laguiole that will someday be the center of my grow up flatware (like I won't just outfit my next apt from restaurant supply).

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
These are the ones I have.
http://www.thecheeseandwineshop.co.uk/products/legnoart-lattevivo-cheese-enthusiasts-set.asp

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I use one of these things:

but I am a savage.

BlueGrot
Jun 26, 2010

Happy Hat posted:

On another topic... I am now dewormed.

Was it a boy or a girl? :3

Wilhemina
Jun 21, 2011

The weirdest one I heard this week was somebody who didn't eat mushrooms because they read they cause yeast infections. I knew there was a million things wrong with this, but looking it up results in it being a thing about as much as gluten sensitivity, and seems a bit worse. Instead of avoiding some grain-products due to misinformation about one plant, it's avoiding all edible fungus is the solution to not spending money on Vagisil. :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE
Boy do I have a story about yeast.