Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

In my book, if you're doing a Bones guy for OSL that isn't The Undertaker, you're making a mistake:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

OK kids, it's time for a very-belated (sorry!) PRIZE DRAW for December 2013!

Monthly prizes:

Dragon Forge Miniatures: $12 worth of their awesome bases shipped directly to: Dr. Red Ranger!

A blister pack selected from the box sent to us from Corvus Belli goes to: Germ!

A pack of Springer-Pinsel Kolinksy Sable Brushes goes to: A_Bluenoser!

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Grey Hunter, Icon Of Sin, Namenlos, and Zhent!

Wow all four have gotten them before. We're starting to run low on goons who haven't gotten these, aren't we! OK 4 rerolls:

Dagon, Booley, moths, and Mmtheblue!

Crap. OK Dagon you win, and then 3 rerolls: Haydrian, counterspin, and Namenlos again the dice really love you Namenlos.

One more reroll: Monoliths!

An item chosen from several lots of game stuff from The Troll Trader goes to: Indolent Bastard!

An item from the Detektuv's Grab Bag goes to: Schmetterling!

Bi-Monthly Prize:

Ineptmule's Theme Prize for November/December, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: Grey Hunter!

ALL PRIZEWINNERS contact Krushgroove to claim your prizes, except Germ. Germ, send me a PM or email me (my username at Gmail) to claim your Corvus Belli prize!

40k Voting Thing
For December, I guess Krushgroove did another 40k thing where if you painted a 40k thing you get to vote who wins? Anyway here's everyone who painted a 40k thing. Click their name to see their Oath Complete post, look only at their 40k mini(s), and then if your name is in the list you can vote for who wins. Probably one of you is ineligible but I forget who! If you painted a 40k thing but your name isn't on the list, speak up right away because it means I missed you.

TheBlobThing
Dagon
Raphus C
Zhent
Slimnoid
IrvingWashington
Haydrian
Galaspar
Icon of Sin
SRM
Mmtheblue
Germ
Deanut Pancer
Lord Hypnostache
Monoliths
Booley
Dr. Red Ranger
WhiteOutMouse
drgnvale
Lord_Hambrose
JerryLee

Leperflesh fucked around with this message at 22:26 on Jan 13, 2014

Fish and Chimps
Feb 16, 2012

mmmfff
Fun Shoe
I won the November prize (though I haven't received it yet) so I'm the one that's ineligible.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Yea! Stuff! Thanks!

My 40k vote is for WhiteOutMouse. There's a lot of great stuff this month, but I love the color scheme on the heldrake. It's the only stock heldrake I've seen that's actually made me like the model. Plus, the base is ... *swoons*

Indolent Bastard
Oct 26, 2007

I WON THIS AMAZING AVATAR! I'M A WINNER! WOOOOO!

Leperflesh posted:

40k Voting Thing
For December, I guess Krushgroove did another 40k thing where if you painted a 40k thing you get to vote who wins? Anyway here's everyone who painted a 40k thing. Click their name to see their Oath Complete post, look only at their 40k mini(s), and then if your name is in the list you can vote for who wins. Probably one of you is ineligible but I forget who! If you painted a 40k thing but your name isn't on the list, speak up right away because it means I missed you.

TheBlobThing
Dagon
Raphus C
Zhent
Slimnoid
Haydrian
Galaspar
SRM
Mmtheblue
Germ
Deanut Pancer
Lord Hypnostache
Monoliths
Booley
Dr. Red Ranger
WhiteOutMouse
drgnvale
Lord_Hambrose
JerryLee

I think you might have that exactly backwards...maybe.

http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3547161&userid=126301&perpage=40&pagenumber=12#post423873234

Galaspar
Aug 20, 2006
Will reign this way again

I think that's January's challenge.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
My vote for December's 40K model goes to WhiteOutMouse. There's a lot of great looking stuff there (as in pretty much all of it looks at least good) but that Heldrake project just dunks it.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Yup that's for January. I'm already keeping track on the January spreadsheet!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

I painted a 40k thing too, the kasrkin sergeant :( I never got my brushes from the first go around, either.

Dagon
Apr 16, 2003

Voting for IrvingWashington because that shiny robot skeleton is rad as hell.

Slimnoid
Sep 6, 2012

Does that mean I don't get the job?

You might wanna fix that link there champ :v:

My vote goes to Germ, because his color scheme is baller and really pops out like a busted pustule.

IrvingWashington
Dec 9, 2007

Shabbat Shalom
Clapping Larry

Dagon posted:

Voting for IrvingWashington because that shiny robot skeleton is rad as hell.

I don't think this qualifies because it's not technically a 40k thing but Space Crusade but thank you <3

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Icon Of Sin posted:

I painted a 40k thing too, the kasrkin sergeant :( I never got my brushes from the first go around, either.

drat. OK I added you to the list (but, this is why I ask everyone to review the spreadsheet each month...).

As for the brushes, you're still owed Games n' Gear brushes from June?? Please contact Krushgroove about that right away!

Slimnoid posted:

You might wanna fix that link there champ :v:

...huh. I actually had the wrong link in the sheet for your Oath Complete post for December. I've fixed it now, thanks.

IrvingWashington posted:

I don't think this qualifies because it's not technically a 40k thing but Space Crusade but thank you <3

Our interpretation of "40k" has been fairly liberal. We want to include any miniature that is GW/Forgeworld and could be used in a 40k army. I assumed that this figure doesn't qualify, although I don't know enough about 40k to say for sure. I'm open to including it if someone can say different, though!

moths
Aug 25, 2004

I would also still appreciate some danger.

moths posted:

I, moths, oath for January:

8x Deadzone Plague troopers (Mantic, 28mm)
1x Necromancer (Reaper, 30mm)

Those models are coming along faster than I expected, so I'd like to be :siren:making an OATH ADDITION!:siren:

3x Kings of War Wights (Mantic, 28mm)
1x Skeletal Giant (Reaper, 28mm)

Mmtheblue
Jul 25, 2007

...Out of this period a particularly cunning and strong Ork will emerge as the leader and the other Orks will gather round him...
My 40k Vote goes to: WhiteOutMouse for the cool base and Heldrake.

Mmtheblue posted:

I, Mmtheblue, Oath to paint 5 Guardsmen and 1 Genestealer from Games Workshop Warhammer 40k, 1 Deathsleet from Reaper Bones, and 1 3'x3' felt sheet to make a X-Wing play mat.

I'm also making an Oath Addition:

I read the diorama rules wrong, but I intended to use the Deathsleet I Oathed in this Diorama, like so:

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Leperflesh posted:

FOUR sets of Games 'n' Gears double-ended brushes go to: Grey Hunter, Icon Of Sin, Namenlos, and Zhent!

Wow all four have gotten them before. We're starting to run low on goons who haven't gotten these, aren't we! OK 4 rerolls:

That's like the third time I've been drawn for that prize.

quote:

Bi-Monthly Prize:

Ineptmule's Theme Prize for November/December, £25 / $38.50 / €29.50 / AU$36.50 / CA$39.00 worth of models goes to: Grey Hunter!

Also, YAY!

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
40k vote: WhiteOutMouse, for the great basing

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

40k vote: White Out Mouse____________________________________. Beautiful.

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
40k vote Booley. Really hard to choose but your white and yellow tau make me wish I did a better job on mine

Edit: spelling....

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 07:50 on Jan 10, 2014

ForkBanger
Jul 19, 2007

For the month of January, I oath to paint these 3 28mm Cipher Studios miniatures - Frederick Adler, Adolf Brunner and Tiamat.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
40k vote: If IrvingWashington's necron entry is eligible, then I vote for that, because Chrome otherwise I nominate TheBlobThing's vox guy for the wonderfuly balanced OSL
I hope that is OK

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

40k Vote: SRM because great work as always, but really Goblin Green bases 4ever!

Haydrian
Sep 30, 2001
Paid way too much for what I do.

Leperflesh posted:

Crap. OK Dagon you win, and then 3 rerolls: Haydrian, counterspin, and Namenlos again the dice really love you Namenlos.

Well I never! Krushgroove how do I get in touch with you, if you can mail me at uofawraith@gmail.com I can send you whatever you need for it.

Namenlos
Oct 20, 2010
I oath this Sant Celestine Diorama because I am insane and a time-waster.

I have no idea why I sprayed it when I hadn't finished basing wtf.

Ripley
Jan 21, 2007
I oath one Games Workshop Thunderwolf Cavalry model for the month of January. The base is by Micro Arts Studio.

I keep getting discouraged by my end results and taking long breaks from painting, but I'm never going to improve without practice, so... oath time.

Dr. Clockwork
Sep 9, 2011

I'LL PUT MY SCIENCE IN ALL OF YOU!
I, Dr. Clockwork, do hereby oath to paint Void Seer Mordikaar (Privateer Press, Hordes, 30mm) for January!

Achmed Jones
Oct 16, 2004

The question was "Can we use previously-oathed figures (from this season) in a diorama?"

krushgroove posted:

I would say yes to this, unless there are objections, because the rules for dioramas are that you have to paint them during this Oath Season, and if you've oathed them and completed them then you've painted them during this Oath Season!

Leperflesh posted:

The only issue I can see is double-judging, e.g., the figures were submitted as part of an Oath and then eligible for judges' points, and then also submitted as part of a Diorama which is separately judged. I doubt that's a big deal to anyone, but it's worth consideration.

krushgroove posted:

Hmmm yes, didn't think about that...any suggestions? Should previously-judged models be disallowed? Keeping official track of that would be a PITA and changing the rules to allow previously-painted and -judged models may be unfair to previous model and diorama painters. Open to suggestions from anyone!

Achmed Jones posted:

"If you use models or terrain previously judged during this oath season, you must provide a picture with the previously-judged components removed. This is the picture that will be used as final judging at the end of the oath season."

This allows people to add previously-done models to a scene for the diorama points, but puts them at a tremendous disadvantage to those building a diorama completely from scratch with respect to the separate diorama contest.

A ruling on this would be rad - it's time for me to base my guy, and how I base him will be determined by whether or not I'll be including him in a diorama later.

Also holy crap giant metal wings are a pain in the butt to attach.

Achmed Jones fucked around with this message at 20:20 on Jan 11, 2014

Dr. Red Ranger
Nov 9, 2011

Nap Ghost
My 40k vote goes to Irving Washington, for an impressive chrome-skeleton.

Krushgroove, you still have my contact info, right? I haven't received my brushes from September yet. :colbert:

I have Helbrute to oath this month but the krylon primer I used was fouled or something so it's sitting in a tub of paint stripper.

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

Krushgroove, you still have my contact info, right? I haven't received my brushes from September yet. :colbert:

I think some of the sponsers are being slow, I've not got my double ended brush from games and gear yet from Nov. Krushgroove knows about it I think, but there is little he can do other than turn up at their place of work with an hammer.

Cataphract
Sep 10, 2004

Fun Shoe
OATH COMPLETE

Also, despite actually starting this whole oath business back in the 40k thread sometime in '08 I've not actually participated since it become a big deal... so I guess this is eligible for the "awww a baby" thing.

It's nice to see how much this has grown beyond the $20 GW gift voucher I gave away.

Lord Hypnostache
Nov 6, 2009

OATHBREAKER
My 40k vote goes to WhiteOutMouse, that is a pretty Heldrake.

Deanut Pancer
Nov 24, 2012
I oath these 5 models from the Corporation Starter Set for Miniwargaming's Dark Potential

WhiteOutMouse
Jul 29, 2010

:wom: will blow your mind.
I oath one Enforcer STRIKE FORCE (edit: 14 total models) from the kickstarter for January (Mantic: Deadzone/Warpath game, 28mm)

I started painting the guy's chest red and I was like, "Oh yeah, oath these guys!" One color is ok, right?

WhiteOutMouse fucked around with this message at 01:18 on Jan 14, 2014

counterspin
Apr 2, 2010

I counterspin oath one iron fang kovnik and one war dog, both from the Khador faction of Privateer Press' Warmachine, in 30mm scale.

Mt. ORourke
Dec 10, 2006

We find no vestige of a beginning,
no prospect of an end.
Alternate Universe Complete!

Prime Axiom

-----edit----
Also oathing for January
5 Reciprocators from Privateer Press

1 is primed silver the rest are gray. I hope that's ok

Mt. ORourke fucked around with this message at 02:31 on Jan 13, 2014

drgnvale
Apr 30, 2004

A sword is not cutlery!
I, drgnvale, oath to paint this Reaper Bones paladin with bad-rear end flaming sword:

I also rate Obama as "Not too disappointing given the alternatives."

Monoliths
Jul 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

One more reroll: Monoliths!

Cool! PM sent to Krushgroove.

Also, my 40k vote goes to WhiteOutMouse, cuz that's how you make a frickin flyer base.

Furthermore, :siren:I OATH THIS SHOKK ATTACK GUN, HERDER, 3 ZZAP GUNS, AND 7 AMMO GROTS/CREW.:siren:

Lord_Hambrose
Nov 21, 2008

*a foul hooting fills the air*

I, Lord_Hambrose, oath Jakob Lynch and the Hungering Darkness. They are from Malifaux and are 28 (32?)mm.

Feeling like I might be cutting it a little close this month, but we will see how it goes.

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

moths posted:

Those models are coming along faster than I expected, so I'd like to be :siren:making an OATH ADDITION!:siren:

3x Kings of War Wights (Mantic, 28mm)
1x Skeletal Giant (Reaper, 28mm)

Mmtheblue posted:

I'm also making an Oath Addition:

I read the diorama rules wrong, but I intended to use the Deathsleet I Oathed in this Diorama, like so:

Let me know if there's anything I need to fix.

ForkBanger posted:

For the month of January, I oath to paint these 3 28mm Cipher Studios miniatures - Frederick Adler, Adolf Brunner and Tiamat.

Namenlos posted:

I oath this Sant Celestine Diorama because I am insane and a time-waster.

I have no idea why I sprayed it when I hadn't finished basing wtf.
Another St Celestine? :)

Ripley posted:

I oath one Games Workshop Thunderwolf Cavalry model for the month of January. The base is by Micro Arts Studio.

I keep getting discouraged by my end results and taking long breaks from painting, but I'm never going to improve without practice, so... oath time.

Dr. Clockwork posted:

I, Dr. Clockwork, do hereby oath to paint Void Seer Mordikaar (Privateer Press, Hordes, 30mm) for January!

Deanut Pancer posted:

I oath these 5 models from the Corporation Starter Set for Miniwargaming's Dark Potential

WhiteOutMouse posted:

I oath one Enforcer STRIKE FORCE from the kickstarter for January (Mantic: Deadzone/Warpath game, 28mm)

I started painting the guy's chest red and I was like, "Oh yeah, oath these guys!" One color is ok, right?
Nice bra!

Mt. ORourke posted:

Alternate Universe Complete!

Prime Axiom

I have to maintain my neutrality...but wow.

Mt. ORourke posted:

-----edit----
Also oathing for January
5 Reciprocators from Privateer Press

1 is primed silver the rest are gray. I hope that's ok

counterspin posted:

I counterspin oath one iron fang kovnik and one war dog, both from the Khador faction of Privateer Press' Warmachine, in 30mm scale.

drgnvale posted:

I, drgnvale, oath to paint this Reaper Bones paladin with bad-rear end flaming sword:

I also rate Obama as "Not too disappointing given the alternatives."

Monoliths posted:

Furthermore, :siren:I OATH THIS SHOKK ATTACK GUN, HERDER, 3 ZZAP GUNS, AND 7 AMMO GROTS/CREW.:siren:

Lord_Hambrose posted:

I, Lord_Hambrose, oath Jakob Lynch and the Hungering Darkness. They are from Malifaux and are 28 (32?)mm.

Sorry for the delay, but hopefully you've all started on your oaths already - remember there's no need to wait!

But all of these oaths are ACCEPTED!

Achmed Jones posted:

The question was "Can we use previously-oathed figures (from this season) in a diorama?"
<snips>
A ruling on this would be rad - it's time for me to base my guy, and how I base him will be determined by whether or not I'll be including him in a diorama later.

It makes it a little tougher on the judges but it's just a one-time judgement at the end of the oath season. So unless there are objections, I'm OK with amending the Diorama rule to "If you use models or terrain previously judged during this oath season, you must provide a picture with the previously-judged components removed. This is the picture that will be used as final judging at the end of the oath season."

This needs to be fair to people who've completed dioramas earlier in the oath season, so if anyone who's done a diorama or is working on one wants to have a say, please let me know so we don't have any issues at the end of the season.

Dr. Red Ranger posted:

I do have your info, yes, unfortunately a couple of the prize suppliers are a bit slow in catching up with the prizewinners. Tracking who hasn't received their stuff is difficult as well and turning into a bit of a pain...

For other prize winners (Troll Trader and Grab Bag prizes, etc.), the issue is frankly my finances - sending out stuff on my own dime/10p is expensive (especially now stuff needs to be sent with insurance and/or signature confirmation so it doesn't let lost like a few packages have done), so a few of you are still waiting for stuff I've got packed and waiting to send out, and I can only apologize profusely for that - I'll try to get in touch with everyone who's affected.

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 21:16 on Jan 13, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

krushgroove
Oct 23, 2007

Disapproving look

Leperflesh posted:

Our interpretation of "40k" has been fairly liberal. We want to include any miniature that is GW/Forgeworld and could be used in a 40k army. I assumed that this figure doesn't qualify, although I don't know enough about 40k to say for sure. I'm open to including it if someone can say different, though!

Can you add Irving Washington to the list? Space Crusade looks pretty drat close enough to 40K to me, considering it has Genestealers, Orks and Space Marines in it, so it's in...

IrvingWashington posted:

...which means you get a vote too!

krushgroove fucked around with this message at 23:10 on Jan 14, 2014

• Locked thread