Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BrightWing
Apr 27, 2012

Yes, he is quite mad.

alcharagia posted:

I just got Eternal Sonata. Tell me about Eternal Sonata.

A couple off the top of my head:

- Polka is pretty bad and should be swapped out when possible. You are forced to use her a bunch, so no rush here. Your cast is pretty large, so feel free to try some different people out. However, exp is not shared, so pick three and stick to them.

- Combos are the name of the game. Building up big combos and using a special ability at the last second is the way to go.

- A note about the Light/Shadow mechanic. If you're desperate for a shadow, you can use your enemy's shadow, but the game can be a bit picky about it at times. There are items that can give you an area of either Light or Shadow later on if you need one or the other for healing or some such.

- If you're on the 360, use Viola, the chick with the bow. She is still worth using in the PS3 version, but she is hilariously OP in the 360 version. This being a Tri-Ace game, you might want every edge you can get.

- A little character availability spoilers here if you don't want to be screwed later. Its nothing you can't just play around, but its here if you don't want to use someone that you're just going to lose anyways: You lose Claves till you complete the secret dungeon, and you lose Fredric very late in the game, so hes safe to use for a while

Don't forget the wiki (like I did before I typed all this out).

If there is anything specific, ask. Its been years since I've played. Good game, story is a bit melodramatic and ~anime~ though.

BrightWing fucked around with this message at 03:26 on Jan 11, 2014

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mystery at hog island
Aug 16, 2003
Captain of Outer Space

BrightWing posted:

pick three and stick to them.

I agree with all the other advice, but not this. The way the experience system works, it's really easy to get party members caught up... to a point. If someone falls too far behind (like the PS3-only characters, for instance) getting them caught up is difficult because they keep dying. I'd rotate through the different characters whenever possible. Each has different abilities and a different style (more so than in most JRPGs) and learning all of them keeps the game fresh, especially in some of the longer dungeons.

Krypt-OOO-Nite!!
Oct 25, 2010
Alan Wake anything I need to know?

Seems simple enough...

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

Alan Wake:

- Supposedly the Normal difficulty on PC is equal to hard on the Xbox 360, so dialing down the difficulty on PC might be something you want to do. I've just heard this from other goons, not sure how it was confirmed.

- Tap the flashlight button when fighting instead of holding it down, to conserve battery, except for maybe bosses.

- Run from fights sometimes on harder difficulties, similar to old school survival horror games.

fozzy fosbourne
Apr 21, 2010

For Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance

- Video illustrating this stuff and more by ChipCheezum. Super handy.
- The moves list is under the "Help" option in the pause menu. This includes useful canned combos.
- VR tutorials are good to do as soon as they become available to learn game mechanics.
- Parrying is done by pressing x (light attack) and the stick in the direction of the incoming attack, once for each attack. Generally attacks you can parry are preceded by a red flash.
- Dodge is a purchasable skill called "Defensive Offense". Less essential than parrying, still super useful. X + A (light attack + jump). Has invulnerability animation frames. Try dodging forward through one of the bull metal gear's charges!
- Lock-on to opponents with the right shoulder button.
- Inventory is accessed by pressing left and right on the directional pad.
- Healing items are used by pressing down on the directional pad.
- Other inventory items are used by the left shoulder button.
- Augmented reality mode is accessed by pressing up on the d-pad and will reveal chests and enemies.
- Attack the weak spot for massive damage.
edit:
- Saving outside of checkpoints can be done by talking to Courtney from the audio codec menu ("Back" button). I'm not sure about the details regarding when and what the game saves, though.
ed
- You can parry while in the stunned wiggle mode.
- You can cancel many animations by tapping the blade mode button.
- You can go into blade mode right after a stealth kill to extract their spine.

fozzy fosbourne fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Jan 12, 2014

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7IlIUKP64o

Embedding this video because it 100% is what you should watch before playing the game.

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Seems simple enough...

Use flares. There are plenty of them.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Use everything in Alan Wake. You lose your gear inbetween episodes and I'm pretty sure general equipment follows Max Payne's (the original two, also by Rememdy) design where they give you more stuff the less you have. Even if the difficulty doesn't scale you get more than enough gear to murder everything in your path on normal difficulty.

Luisfe
Aug 17, 2005

Hee-lo-ho!
Anything I should know about Might and Magic Heroes 6?

safe harbor
Jul 18, 2004
EMO AS FUCK
Picked up The Last of Us a few days ago but I have not played it yet. Checked the last 20 or so pages and didn't find anything. Any advice without spoiling too much of the game?

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

safe harbor posted:

Picked up The Last of Us a few days ago but I have not played it yet. Checked the last 20 or so pages and didn't find anything. Any advice without spoiling too much of the game?

Upgrade your aiming as priority one. Don't necessarily spend all your upgrade parts as soon as you can; workbenches are rare enough to make you want to splurge, but you might want to have some saved up when you find the next level of tools. Try to keep a spare shiv around (not just a spare use, an entire spare shiv), as there are a handful of doors that require one to open and guard fabulous prizes. Don't piss away your resources, but also don't be afraid to use them: the game drops more ammo, etc. the less you have.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

Luisfe posted:

The most important thing is that you can play the single player campaign in either offline mode, or while connected to the Conflux (essentially always-online mode). Saves are not compatible between modes, you can't load an online save without an internet connection, so pick one and stick with it. Playing in online mode allows you to level up your Dynasty, which is kind of a trans-campaign level up system. You can get a bunch of bonuses unlocked as you level up your Dynasty, so you'll have to decide if it's worth it to have to deal with the always-online thing. You can also unlock a couple of useful things for your Dynasty from the uPlay client with uPlay points, assuming you have any.

When it comes to gameplay, its HOMM. Avoid troop attrition at all costs (Reinforcements is a good skill), and save often in separate slots. Hire another hero to pick up all the scattered resources, so your main army can concentrate on clearing the map of enemy stacks. Build town portals, so you can quickly get to defense when enemy heroes attack your town.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

safe harbor posted:

It presents itself as a stealth game but the stealth is broken. I noticed after ghosting a map the final enemy will magically spot me and a dozen guys will jump a fence to brawl.

So play the game really fast and loose. Toss bricks at lone enemies to stun them then move in for an automatic melee kill. Seriously, bricks and bottles are the best weapon in the game. Use your ammo to engage a group of enemies then run in circles to split everyone up so you can pick them off with melee. Enemies are actually really sneaky so never stand still because practically no maps have bottlenecks you can put your back to.

All of that applies to humans. Except for scripted moments the infected can be bypassed completely with stealth. Molotovs destroy infected so if a clicker is pissing you off a Molotov will kill them instantly. The bow is completely silent, kills everything but bloaters with a single headshot, and can also distract enemies.

al-azad fucked around with this message at 07:07 on Jan 12, 2014

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Rogue Legacy
As you will be dying often, stick with health upgrades. Enjoy your tier one classes, as half will die to a breath, without a focus on health.

Flight is the most fun rune in the game and can be double tapped to better avoid falling on something offscreen.

Sword upgrades should be a focus for new game and critical rate upgrades for NG+, when enemies have several times the HP. I am not good with magic classes.

Level down bosses if you can't handle them. The money lost in not important when you have Spelunker runs or ready for NG+ with +50% bounty.

Spelunkers see special rooms for fairy farming. Has a nice light you can keep on.

ahobday
Apr 19, 2007

safe harbor posted:

Have you seen the wiki entry?

http://beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=The_Last_of_Us

pigdog
Apr 23, 2004

by Smythe

Luisfe posted:

Reinforcements skill is a must-have. Cast it on your griffins or kensei other tank unit with preferrably unlimited retributions, move it to the front, let it take hits and suffer no losses in most fights. The retributions branch of the skill tree is rather good too, making units retribute harder, twice per round, and finally as a first strike once per round.

Don't go all Might defense/offense; have your heroes have at least one good AE spell like Chain Lightning. Particularly Kirill of the Inferno campaign. In a number of scenarios you start off hopelessly outnumbered and the game expects you to have magic to level the field, tough luck if you don't have any.

Use town portals. Basic town portal lets your hero teleport from any city with the building to any other city or fort. Advanced town portal lets your hero to teleport from anywhere to the closest city with the advanced building.

Remember to wield a dynasty weapon. Don't go halfway into the campaign wondering "how come I haven't found anything to wield in the main hand" before discovering they were in your inventory all along.

pigdog fucked around with this message at 11:18 on Jan 12, 2014

SatansBestBuddy
Sep 26, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

al-azad posted:

It presents itself as a stealth game but the stealth is broken. I noticed after ghosting a map the final enemy will magically spot me and a dozen guys will jump a fence to brawl.

That's using the stealth wrong. Stealth in this game is not about avoiding fighting, it's avoiding being spotted during a fight. You'll want to distract them by throwing bricks and bottles towards where you want them to go then attacking from where they can't find you so they'll try to search the area by splitting up and then you can pick them off one by one.

Go in knowing that you can start almost every fight off with the enemy not knowing where you are, and try to last as long as possible with them never knowing where you are even as you take them down. Don't go for a stationary gunfight ever, even if it's the last guy you need to take out, move around and flank him.

Also, infected fights work differently, use your range and never get in close, ever.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's not the player's fault that the game is designed to trigger combat when you think you can sneak past it and except for non-scripted infected battles this will happen. I've already wrote about this in length which is why I stress playing this game like you're Jason Borne. Leave a nail bomb at a corner, toss a brick in someone's face or pop them in the knee, run up and bash their skull in. Then laugh when you hear an explosion because some chuckle gently caress tried to sneak up behind you and got a face full of nail.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008
I read the Wiki and there's some handy stuff there, but I'm about to play Mass Effect after recently finishing the second. Is there anything I should know given that (things that are different and I might need to adjust to), apart from the combat being worse?

Also, are there any sidequests that aren't explicitly spelled out I should know about? General tips that aren't on the Wiki would be great too.

regulargonzalez
Aug 18, 2006
UNGH LET ME LICK THOSE BOOTS DADDY HULU ;-* ;-* ;-* YES YES GIVE ME ALL THE CORPORATE CUMMIES :shepspends: :shepspends: :shepspends: ADBLOCK USERS DESERVE THE DEATH PENALTY, DON'T THEY DADDY?
WHEN THE RICH GET RICHER I GET HORNIER :a2m::a2m::a2m::a2m:

PTizzle posted:

I read the Wiki and there's some handy stuff there, but I'm about to play Mass Effect after recently finishing the second. Is there anything I should know given that (things that are different and I might need to adjust to), apart from the combat being worse?

Also, are there any sidequests that aren't explicitly spelled out I should know about? General tips that aren't on the Wiki would be great too.

It's much more of an RPG than ME2 and you may find the inventory interface cumbersome because it's admittedly a bit clunky. Extra items can be turned into a resource called medi-gel which can be used for unlocking doors and such; because of this, you don't necessarily need to level up your unlock skill (I think it's called Decryption). That said, you don't need to reduce everything to medi-gel right away, you can do it at any time so just reduce as needed to get past a lock and keep the rest of the gear intact to sell at shops for extra gold.

Biotics are very powerful. Weapons are too but are slower to start with than ME2 and especially ME3; the sniper rifle, for instance, will sway all over the place until you get some levels trained in it. I think focusing on biotics and pistol is the easiest way to go; in NG+ you can select another skill to have unlocked at the start (for which shotgun is a good choice).

Combat in general is a bit tougher at a given difficulty level than ME2 (and again, especially compared to ME3 whose normal mode is equivalent to ME1s easy mode).

People hate on the Mako but I always really liked it. Just know that the left and right "turn" buttons also give it some forward acceleration instead of being strictly turn buttons.

Also, femshep is the superior voice actor, especially if you're going renegade.

e: Depending what digital distribution service you got it from, make sure you have the latest patch which includes a free dlc mission. I just started replaying it, having originally bought it from Direct 2 Drive which is now Gamefly, and had to download the patch / dlc separately.

e2: IIRC, unless you go full-on paragon and do loyalty quests, there is a moment where you'll lose a certain crew member who would otherwise return in the sequels. Depending on if you're approaching the series from a min-max or a roleplay perspective, this may or may not be important to you.

regulargonzalez fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Jan 12, 2014

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.

PTizzle posted:

Talk to your party members back on the Normandy between missions until you exhaust the dialog available. You'll be given some sidequests by some party members, do those.
Other than that, the only notable sidequest you absolutely should do is the one on Luna as soon as it becomes available.
Beyond that all other sidequests on other planets are fairly optional and don't have much of an impact. Some of them are fun and when they involve actual NPCs with dialogue they're sometimes interesting, but it's easy to get burned out by the same four environments they consist of over and over again, so if that happens, don't sweat to just skip them.

Don't bother with the collection sidequests, they're utterly meaningless.

Do get the free Bring Down the Sky DLC, it's a unique sidequest that is pretty good and fun, and also has pretty useful gear as a reward for its conclusion.

You'll have four main storyline planets available at some point and you can theoretically do them in any order, but for the sake of gameplay and the flow of the story, you should arguably do planet Therum first and Virmire last. The order of the other two doesn't matter.

Always put as many skill points into Charm and Intimidate as you can and in fact it might be wise to always leave one or two points un-spent so you have them available to drop them in those skills when the possibility opens up between leveling up. They are the only skills that can lock you out of unique content (dialogue) and combat skills aren't that important when you don't play on a difficulty above normal, which you shouldn't, because it's not a lot of fun.

Regarding classes; Adepts are fun because of biotic physics hilarity, but weapon-wise you will be limited to pistols (which are actually the best guns in the game if the skill is leveled up properly) with anything but Soldier (which is a rather boring class), Vanguard (which gets to use shotguns) and Infiltrator, which gets to use sniper rifles which are somewhat distinct and unique compared to the other guns, and ME1 has ranges where sniper rifles are actually worth using.

You don't really ever need to purchase any gear (except possibly armor when you happen to find an exceptionally good one at one of the stores) other than Spectre weapons (which won't become available for a while) and of course the medigel / grenade capacity upgrades. Buying the various licenses is useful because the guy on the Normandy's armory will get to sell said armors through them though.

StoryTime
Feb 26, 2010

Now listen to me children and I'll tell you of the legend of the Ninja

PTizzle posted:

What up, playing ME2 before ME1 buddy? :hfive:

I'd say grab the biotics class to be mega powerful, or the sniper class to get slightly more involved gameplay. Most of the sidequests are really, really boring and repetitive. Don't feel bad about skipping them if you get tired of driving that stupid jet-pack car around fractal landscapes devoid of anything of interest.

Inventory space is limited, and when it's full, the game will just force you to discard things. Handily, all the guns and upgrades are marked with roman numerals indicating their power level. When you're at a shop, you can safely sell anything rated under the highest numeral you have.

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

StoryTime posted:

What up, playing ME2 before ME1 buddy? :hfive:

Glad to know someone has done it before!

Cheers for all the help guys, that's exactly what I wanted. I played male Shep in ME2, but I want to go through the series with a character so I'll go femshep this time.

Draile
May 6, 2004

forlorn llama
A little expanding on Mass Effect tips above:

Gear is everywhere and most of it is trash. Clean your inventory regularly or you'll spend half of a mission converting all your new pickups to omni-gel.

The collection sidequests are meaningless but are a good source of cash after you've leveled up a bit, which gets you to one million credits more quickly, which unlocks the Spectre-class weapons in the Normandy and C-Sec. Buy these and never use other gear again.

High-level biotics are hilarious. Maxed-out lift with a good biotic amp can send a Geth colossus into the sky.

ToxicFrog
Apr 26, 2008

lady blue shanghai posted:

I'm going to be starting a game in a week or two, and I know this thread doesn't always get traffic so I'm posting ahead of time. :)

The game is Demons Souls. Anything crucial I should know, besides what's here?:
http://www.beforeiplay.com/index.php?title=Demon%27s_Souls
(Thank you for this site by the way)

Haven't played Dark Souls. :)

The stuff on the wiki is good.

Apart from that...

- Royal is probably the easiest class for a newbie because you start with a basic attack spell and regenerating mana. This will carry you through the first few levels. It will not carry you through the game.

- Archery tends to do less damage than either melee or magic, but you can manually aim it, making it extremely useful for sniping (or aggroing) enemies from a distance. Carrying a bow and a stack of arrows around is highly recommended. I spent most of my time going spear and shield, but also carried around a bow, holy symbol, and catalyst.

- There's a blacksmith in 2-1 accessible once the elevator near the archstone is activated. If you give him the soul of the boss of 2-2 he can upgrade your weapons...for a price.

- Boss souls are pretty much always used to create unique spells or weapons; sometimes you have a choice of more than one. Never use them just for the soul content.

- Demon's Souls is very inconsistent about opening shortcuts from the Archstone to later sections of the levels. If you're getting frustrated replaying the entire level after dying to the boss, check the maps (warning: spoilers) to see if there's a shortcut you missed - but there probably isn't.

Golden Lumber
May 30, 2013
Finally going to start a playthrough of ff13-2. Any tips about the game? I finished the first around 3 years ago.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Any tips for SMT: Soul Hackers? I've played most of the newer SMT games, but apparently they didn't do much to update the game?

Yip Yips
Sep 25, 2007
yip-yip-yip-yip-yip
Any words of wisdom for EDF Insect Armageedon?

Including possible tweaks for the PC version because it definitely has that console port feel.

edit - nevermind, the game has 15 levels per difficulty and they each play pretty much the same. That's disappointing.

Yip Yips fucked around with this message at 12:20 on Jan 13, 2014

PTizzle
Oct 1, 2008

Golden Lumber posted:

Finally going to start a playthrough of ff13-2. Any tips about the game? I finished the first around 3 years ago.

Been a little while, but I'll have a go:

- The battle system is similar to XIII, but a bit quicker. You should pick it up easily. If your party leader dies it's no longer game over and a captured monster makes up the third party member. They're the important ones to know off the bat.

- Always try to get a pre-emptive strike, it's not usually difficult and iirc it's the only way to get haste in the game.

- Both characters can do all 6 roles but early to mid game the monsters will generally perform their individual roles better if you've trained them well. Monster synergists get buffs that the characters can't.

- The crystarium (for leveling) is more open in XIII-2. When you're leveling onto a big node you'll get a bonus dependent on which class you use to level.

- You can capture Pulsework Soldiers reasonably early; grab one as it is a fantastic sentinel.

- The game as a whole isn't super difficult and you can break it without too much effort.

- Try to just turn the word 'paradox' into white noise

If you have any more specific early game questions feel free to post them up.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
I want to play Binding of Issac. Should I play vanilla first or should I just go right ahead and get Wrath of the Lamb?

Kenny Logins
Jan 11, 2011

EVERY MORNING I WAKE UP AND OPEN PALM SLAM A WHITE WHALE INTO THE PEQUOD. IT'S HELL'S HEART AND RIGHT THEN AND THERE I STRIKE AT THEE ALONGSIDE WITH THE MAIN CHARACTER, ISHMAEL.

Inside Out Mom posted:

I want to play Binding of Issac. Should I play vanilla first or should I just go right ahead and get Wrath of the Lamb?
If I'm remembering correctly, play vanilla first because WotL superimposes over the base game and makes it much more difficult in certain ways.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Kenny Logins posted:

If I'm remembering correctly, play vanilla first because WotL superimposes over the base game and makes it much more difficult in certain ways.
This is correct. WotL boosts the difficulty in an irreversible way. You can wait until you've experienced all the base game content, but I'd just wait until you're comfortable with it. Generally, if you've beaten either Satan or It Lives, you're probably ready for WotL.

Inside Out Mom
Jan 9, 2004

Franklin B. Znorps
Dignity, Class, Internet
Thanks for the tip. Would have made things more difficult than they needed to be.

genderfluid and beautiful
Feb 1, 2005

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

Seems simple enough...

In addition to what others have posted - there are certain times and places where you shouldn't fight at all, you should just run. You won't have enough ammo/flashlight juice to make it through. I usually try to sweep a level clean of bad guys in most games, but I paid for it in Alan Wake, and it took me a while to get used to the idea that you're *supposed* to run for it once in a while.

owl_pellet
Nov 20, 2005

show your enemy
what you look like

Anyone have anything for Shoot Many Robots or Iron Brigade? For SMR I have been using a shotgun with knockback and an RPG secondary with low damage and lots of ammo to fairly good effect. I'm going solo so I would guess crowd control is a little more important than straight up damage, so I'm interested to know about other good weapon combinations or strategies that would fill that role. As for IB, I'm only like five maps in and I've been adjusting my loadout according to the mission briefing. Any junk chassis/legs/weapons/emplacements I should watch out for?

GhostBoy
Aug 7, 2010

Golden Lumber posted:

Re: the monsters, since this is not very well explained:

Monsters you capture have 4 descriptors. Only one of them actually matters, which is either "Early Peaker", "Well-grown" or "Late Bloomer". The rest just hint at what it gets for skills (like "Hearty" which means better HP growth), but you can disregard those. The three others matter, because they decide how much you can level them up. They stop at level 20, 30-60 and 70-99 respectively. The monsters that cannot gain a high level tend to become powerful quickly, where as the others take longer (for late bloomers, the better part of the game) to come into their own.

Try to get an Early Peaker commando and ravager, which will serve you well for the first 1/3 of the game. Meanwhile you can work on a few of the others that get to higher levels, and swap once the early peakers start to lose steam.

Also, don't agonize over a missed QTE or what your response was to the dialogue. You can find special seals (which are usually not very hidden) that lets you reset an area and try something else/again.

Retroblique
Oct 16, 2002

Now the wild world is lost, in a desert of smoke and straight lines.
Currently playing Mass Effect 2. I checked out the game's entry on the wiki, but one thing it doesn't tell me is at which point I should ideally be playing The Shadow Broker DLC.

I'm about 30 hours into the game but have still yet to trigger the IFF mission. I've spent all this time getting the squad together, doing all their loyalty missions, doing every side quest, etc. I'm currently just finishing up the Kasumi DLC, then I'll have a few minor side quests to mop up, then I'll need to decide whether or not to do the Shadow Broker before I complete the game or vice versa.

I get the feeling that it ultimately doesn't matter. BioWare apparently wrote the Shadow Broker dialogue from the perspective of someone who's finished the game, seeing as that's the order in which they were released. But some people are saying that some of the upgrades you get via Shadow Broker are useful to have during the ME2 endgame.

I guess what I'm most curious about is whether or not any of your decisions in Shadow Broker carry over to ME3, in which case I'll probably want a save game that reflects that.

Spuzzz
Mar 27, 2005

I have hit my head some many times I am surprised I can remember my own name.
You can continue after the game to do any missions you skipped and that save can still be brought over to the third. The DLC comes up in small ways. Feel free to do all the DLC before the IFF mission though, they do have nice items.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

It's been a while since I played, but I don't think there's any real ideal point to play that DLC, not for story reasons anyway. If you're in a hurry to finish the game, feel free to do that and then come back to the DLC. Or if you'd rather play the DLC before finishing the story, do that instead. Doing the DLC first will make you more powerful before the final mission, you get some upgrades out of it, but it's hardly mandatory.

Short answer: It don't matter, do what you feel.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Burning Mustache
Sep 4, 2006

Zaeed got stories.
Kasumi got loot.
All I got was a hole in my suit.
With Shadow Broker it doesn't really matter when you play it. Thematically it works well for both, before or after the endgame and in the DLC itself there is very little difference, like a single line of dialogue or two that are maybe different depending on when you do it. I personally always felt like it fit well doing shortly after you get to Illium and meet Liara but it's really ultimately up to you.

The only DLC where it matters whether you do it pre- or post-endgame is Arrival which, while possible to do before the endgame, should absolutely under any circumstances be done afterwards.