Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat
During sex-ed my middle school science teacher told us about stupid myths and told us about how when she was in college one of the girls in her sorority would put yogurt in her cooter to cure a yeast infection. She was never sure why but now that I think about it, that girl probably heard that vaccines contained a little of whatever germ you're vaccinating yourself against and probably heard yogurt contained the "good" bacteria and put 2 and 2 together.

(Which is still mixing up the difference between yeast and bacteria)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

This thread has just been amazingly entertaining the last few weeks. :stare:

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

Wilhemina posted:

The weirdest one I heard this week was somebody who didn't eat mushrooms because they read they cause yeast infections. I knew there was a million things wrong with this, but looking it up results in it being a thing about as much as gluten sensitivity, and seems a bit worse. Instead of avoiding some grain-products due to misinformation about one plant, it's avoiding all edible fungus is the solution to not spending money on Vagisil. :confused:

Sounds like that "Candida diet" thing which I have never established to be anything but massive bullshit.

Steve Yun posted:

During sex-ed my middle school science teacher told us about stupid myths and told us about how when she was in college one of the girls in her sorority would put yogurt in her cooter to cure a yeast infection.

I've heard it's to restore the pH balance, pussy's supposed to be pretty sour and if the balance gets upset there's a huge risk of yeast and fungi setting up shop.

God drat it am I happy to have a dick, for many reasons.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Steve Yun posted:

During sex-ed my middle school science teacher told us about stupid myths and told us about how when she was in college one of the girls in her sorority would put yogurt in her cooter to cure a yeast infection. She was never sure why but now that I think about it, that girl probably heard that vaccines contained a little of whatever germ you're vaccinating yourself against and probably heard yogurt contained the "good" bacteria and put 2 and 2 together.

(Which is still mixing up the difference between yeast and bacteria)

That is actually a thing. Acidophilus affects the yeast, or something.

Force de Fappe
Nov 7, 2008

A good, well matured Northern Italian salumo, like a Lombardian salam casalin, or salame mantovano or a strolghino, with a nice white coating of fungus on it, smells suspiciously like pussy.

I keep pondering this from time to time, with little hope of resolution.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
I'm a parasitic landlord that needs to get a job instead of stealing worker's money. Make sure to remind me when I post.
Soiled Meat

Crusty Nutsack posted:

That is actually a thing. Acidophilus affects the yeast, or something.

Please recommend a good brand in that case

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Re: yeast infections and probiotics, it is recommended by the CDC to take probiotics during and after an antibiotic regimen to prevent yeast infection which is a really common side effect of antibiotics in vagina-bearers. Bodies is complicated. For reasons I'm not sure are fully known, antibiotics can also disrupt the efficacy of hormonal birth control.

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

phthalocyanine posted:

Re: yeast infections and probiotics, it is recommended by the CDC to take probiotics during and after an antibiotic regimen to prevent yeast infection which is a really common side effect of antibiotics in vagina-bearers. Bodies is complicated. For reasons I'm not sure are fully known, antibiotics can also disrupt the efficacy of hormonal birth control.

Eating yogurt? I didn't think that eating yogurt will prevent/cure a yeast infection (and I didn't think it was the probiotics that did anything to yeast, but who knows)... When you treat a yeast infection with yogurt you pretty much inject it into your cooter (just like other topical yeast infection meds).

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat
Whenever I get one of my frequent anal infections I look forward to a cooling, soothing live-yoghurt enema. Lightly chilled kefir is pleasant too.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
My experience with kefir is that eating it will end up cleaning out the other end anyways.

phthalocyanine
May 19, 2013

Crusty Nutsack posted:

Eating yogurt? I didn't think that eating yogurt will prevent/cure a yeast infection (and I didn't think it was the probiotics that did anything to yeast, but who knows)... When you treat a yeast infection with yogurt you pretty much inject it into your cooter (just like other topical yeast infection meds).

Sorry, it was the NIH I read it on, not the CDC. Anecdotally, it works?

Crusty Nutsack
Apr 21, 2005

SUCK LASER, COPPERS

Learn something new everyday. Acidophilus ftw?

Wilhemina
Jun 21, 2011

From what I understood was that it's a case of allowing more "good flora" to outnumber and inhibit the "bad flora" that can make you sick. iANAD, but I imagine it's part of the advice to not use harsh soaps that might kill off the good flora to keep things in check.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Steve Yun posted:

My experience with kefir is that eating it will end up cleaning out the other end anyways.

Kefir is delicious.

Steve Yun
Aug 7, 2003
Soiled Meat
It is, and makes great music as well

Mister Facetious
Apr 21, 2007

I think I died and woke up in L.A.,
I don't know how I wound up in this place...

:canada:

Boris Galerkin posted:

Kefir is delicious.

Only if it's the fizzy kind. Otherwise, what's the point?

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
something about putting my yogurt in a middle-schooler's cooter

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

Steve Yun posted:

Please recommend a good brand in that case

Anything with fruit on the bottom.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."
Badum-tisk!

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer
Also, if your yeast infection involves the other hole, you want to go with greek yogurt.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Heh.

Flash Gordon Ramsay
Sep 28, 2004

Grimey Drawer

You in a bad mood today Bertrand?

Croatoan
Jun 24, 2005

I am inevitable.
ROBBLE GROBBLE

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

I hope you said that in a German accent.

Marta Velasquez
Mar 9, 2013

Good thing I was feeling suicidal this morning...
Fallen Rib
Made tacos tonight using fresh cilantro like a bed of lettuce. I see what people mean when they say it tastes like soap, but I still like it.

Soft taco shells are better than hard taco shells.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

There's no such thing as a taco shell. There are tortillas. And those are what tacos go into.

Mr. Wiggles
Dec 1, 2003

We are all drinking from the highball glass of ideology.
Jury duty today at the federal court house. Didn't get picked, which is just as well since it would have been my second capitol case in a few years. Took all day, though.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Flash Gordon Ramsay posted:

No, you silly man, I was laughing at your joke.

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Tonight I shocked some hard boiled eggs with a bag of freezer burned green beans because I ran out of ice. I'm supposed to be a grown-up but I never have ice in my freezer except for summer!

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

Iron Lung posted:

Tonight I shocked some hard boiled eggs with a bag of freezer burned green beans because I ran out of ice. I'm supposed to be a grown-up but I never have ice in my freezer except for summer!

You have a magic cold machine running in your house 24/7. If you don't have ice, I don't know how to help you.

Oh, wait. I do. Ice can be fun! Yes, I have multiple ice molds in the house. How else are you going to make a nice Collins or garnish a punch?

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

we have an ice machine in the freezer, not really a problem. Though I do wish the shapes were more cocktail friendly.

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

we have an ice machine in the freezer, not really a problem. Though I do wish the shapes were more cocktail friendly.

I thought a freezer was an ice machine.

KWC
Jul 5, 2007
Hello

GrAviTy84 posted:

Same, so I got a bunch of those awesome silicone cube trays like VM posted above.
BUT now those seem to be always filled with some baby food concoction freezing because they are exactly 1, 2, or 3 ounces (for the biggest cubes) and it is really easy to portion and freeze batches of mush in them.

GrAviTy84
Nov 25, 2004

therattle posted:

I thought a freezer was an ice machine.

automatic ice maker~

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

GrAviTy84 posted:

automatic ice maker~

I know, I was being facetious. It comes a bit too easily to me.

bloody ghost titty
Oct 23, 2008

KWC posted:

Same, so I got a bunch of those awesome silicone cube trays like VM posted above.
BUT now those seem to be always filled with some baby food concoction freezing because they are exactly 1, 2, or 3 ounces (for the biggest cubes) and it is really easy to portion and freeze batches of mush in them.

Nice. I also freeze stock for making sauces or quick soups in them then harvest into a tub.

pr0k
Jan 16, 2001

"Well if it's gonna be
that kind of party..."

Kenning posted:

There's no such thing as a taco shell. There are tortillas burrito cov'rins.

I know poo poo's bad right now, with the starvin bullshit and the dust storms.

mindphlux
Jan 8, 2004

by R. Guyovich
mmmmmmmmm

made birria for the first time tonight, in a desperate attempt to recreate the awesome poo poo I had in chicago at birrieria zaragoza

#nailedit

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Vegetable Melange posted:

You have a magic cold machine running in your house 24/7. If you don't have ice, I don't know how to help you.

Oh, wait. I do. Ice can be fun! Yes, I have multiple ice molds in the house. How else are you going to make a nice Collins or garnish a punch?

I bought one of those super huge king size ice cube trays but it turns out the cubes don't fit in any of my glasses other than coffee mugs. So guess who's been drinking whisky out of a coffee mug.

AllTerrineVehicle
Jan 8, 2010

I'm great at boats!

Boris Galerkin posted:

So guess who's been drinking whisky out of a coffee mug.

It could only be some philistine who pollutes whisky with ice :v:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Iron Lung
Jul 24, 2007
Life.Iron Lung. Death.
Update: found my ice cube tray. No I can properly shock hard boiled eggs. Next up: pressure cooker so I can cook them instantly.

Also, drinking any alcohol out of a mug rules, no shame. Especially hot toddys, I just discovered those and they changed completely how I do winter.