Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Captain Backslap posted:

I think for most men just using a little ivory soap and water is a good starting point. Baby steps.

Focus on scrubbing something other than your cock and balls in the shower.

VanSandman posted:

Can't you just get those electronic cigs? Those are pretty harmless compared to actual ones, aren't they?

Turns out when you have a completely unregulated product it goes to poo poo pretty fast. All the nasty poo poo you're supposed to avoiding by inhaling vapor puffs have been making their way into ecigs now that they're less fringe. They also have kids flavors, too. They're like Cigs 2.0 now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Captain Backslap posted:

I think for most men just using a little ivory soap and water is a good starting point. Baby steps.

Focus on scrubbing something other than your cock and balls in the shower.

Ivory soap is hella drying. At least go with dove.

Though really, you'll be better off if you don't use soap on your face at all. If you don't want to use a foofoo cleanser, just a damp facecloth is better than soap. Don't strip off all the moisture and you don't need to replace it.

e: unless you are a mechanic or sewer worker or something where your face gets really filthy, of course.

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

VanSandman posted:

Can't you just get those electronic cigs? Those are pretty harmless compared to actual ones, aren't they?

I'm not supposed to be using nicotine at all as it's a vasoconstrictor. I'm trying to get through the worst of the withdrawal before classes re start hardcore

I like to watch skiing and figure skating to see them wipe out sometimes

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS
you should watch Hockey cause it's bloodier and they have feet swords

Captain Candiru
Nov 9, 2006

These hips don't lye

Angela Christine posted:

Ivory soap is hella drying. At least go with dove.

Though really, you'll be better off if you don't use soap on your face at all. If you don't want to use a foofoo cleanser, just a damp facecloth is better than soap. Don't strip off all the moisture and you don't need to replace it.

e: unless you are a mechanic or sewer worker or something where your face gets really filthy, of course.

Well, the important part is actually washing areas than your genitals. Dude cleanliness doesn't really go much beyond groin and hair, so I was just playing it safe.

I didn't realize Ivory was bad or drying, though. It seems like the least offensive soap brand without a bunch of poo poo added. That aspect is important because the wife has some sort of skin sensitivity; fragrance free everything, etc.

Captain Candiru fucked around with this message at 00:39 on Jan 13, 2014

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

VanSandman posted:

If you get those I think you're required by the EULA to use them obnoxiously in non-smoking area with an arrogant douche look on your face.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

It's a disease, the Hon thing. I find myself doing it constantly.

What show/venue?

St. Lucia, I think it's at the Black Cat. One of the things that keep me in NOVA is it's so nice to be 30 minutes from there or the 9:30 Club. Ottobar is great and all, but knowing that I can see any band when they tour is worth living in state where the (now former) Governor wants to look in all of the uteruses. Uteri?

Congrats on the no smoking!! I lead an ESL conversation group, and introduced everyone yesterday to resolutions. Most of theirs were to improve their English, but it was really nice hearing so many goals. :3:

boom boom boom posted:

If you get those I think you're required by the EULA to use them obnoxiously in non-smoking area with an arrogant douche look on your face.

This is absolutely a requirement.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room
I spent waaay too much time at The Black Cat back in the day, great venue. The 9:30 is awesome as well, but I haven't seen a show there in forever. Have you been to 6th and I? It's amazing for mellow shows, though it's weird sitting in a pew.

defectivemonkey
Jun 5, 2012

Crow Jane posted:

I spent waaay too much time at The Black Cat back in the day, great venue. The 9:30 is awesome as well, but I haven't seen a show there in forever. Have you been to 6th and I? It's amazing for mellow shows, though it's weird sitting in a pew.

We actually had tickets to see Eugene Mirman there a few weeks ago, but we were leaving town the next day and I couldn't mentally do it. They have a ton of great events, but I've never made it to any! Now I have to check their calendar again.

Speaking of standup, I'm going to see Jonah Ray and Kumail Nanjiani on Friday. I'm super excited!

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

It's a gorgeous venue, and the acoustics are great, but it's COLD. My friend and I spent most of the night awkwardly trying to snuggle under my coat together. And they don't even have coffee or tea, much less alcohol, so plan accordingly if you go. The Magnetic Fields gig I saw there around a year ago was amazing, but I'd be happy seeing Magnetic Fields anywhere.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

boom boom boom posted:

OMG this. I think the new ones look like e-cig users are walking around sucking big dildos all day. They're like one step down from adult babies.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

poopkitty posted:

OMG this. I think the new ones look like e-cig users are walking around sucking big dildos all day. They're like one step down from adult babies.

E-Cigs are one of those things that make me write someone off immediately. And I say this as a man who legitimately tried to take up pipe smoking once.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

And I say this as a man who legitimately tried to take up pipe smoking once.

fuckin' lol

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

And I say this as a man who legitimately tried to take up pipe smoking once.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

E-Cigs are one of those things that make me write someone off immediately. And I say this as a man who legitimately tried to take up pipe smoking once.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

One of my co-workers smokes a pipe. It's carved in a dragon shape. He's almost 30 and single and talks like C3PO.

He falls above the guy with the D-cig that lets him know EXACTLY how many puffs he's had today. With LEDs.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
In my defense I was doing archive work at the University of Cambridge at the time. They practically issue historians a pipe and tweed jacket when they give you a pass to the archives there.

And no, it wasn't shaped like a dragon. Just a plain one like every stereotypical 50s sitcom dad used.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Do... do you think that's an actual picture of me?

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois
if your av doesn't accurately represent you smh

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Sabel posted:

shut up and share the fancy stuff

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Sabel posted:

I am actually a constipated cat with gas. IRL.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
I am, in fact, Joe Montana and Jerry Rice.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

I really am a crow with nice manners.

Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away

VanSandman posted:

I picture you as a mass of puppies that is able to form coherent humanoid thoughts and convert them to type by precise coordination of paws on keys and mouse.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Crow Jane posted:

I really am a crow with nice manners.

I always assumed you were Tippi Hedren.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

what the gently caress am i

Al Cowens
Aug 11, 2004

by WE B Bourgeois

Elephantgun posted:

what the gently caress am i
Terra Branford tripping balls

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

ALL-PRO SEXMAN posted:

I always assumed you were Tippi Hedren.

A common mistake!

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

I am the physical embodiment of cat romance.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

Angela Christine posted:

I am the physical embodiment of cat romance.

same, but cat soldiers

Portals
Apr 18, 2012

I'm chell irl

man that'd be awesome actually, I wish I had her foot thingies that make her able to fall far distances without dying

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

VanSandman posted:

Sabel posted:

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Basically.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
This is hitting too close to home you guys.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

bathroom sounds posted:

I love your nip lashes, btw.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

my avatar on the other hand is very misleading

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

bathroom sounds posted:

Tell me about it :(

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
I feel like my avatar represents me pretty well

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

James Hardon
May 31, 2006

Crow Jane posted:

A common mistake!

guess i'm done wasting my time here