Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
An alright dude.
The loving costume in the ASM2 previews is glorious. I think it's pretty much the best one they've done yet. It's just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Hollismason posted:

The loving costume in the ASM2 previews is glorious. I think it's pretty much the best one they've done yet. It's just perfect.

I love how in shots, it looks loose around his neck and mouth, like they expect him to talk and animate with his mask on, unlike the original which was super tight, makes for a big difference in the whole *~immersion~* department.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS
Some viral stuff about the Lizard's trial

Attorney Anne Weying...isn't that Eddie Brock's ex-wife from ASM 375ish?

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
Ann Weying was Brock's ex-wife who became Venom at some point, yeah.

Xealot
Nov 25, 2002

Showdown in the Galaxy Era.

notthegoatseguy posted:

having Flash, Spider-Man's biggest fan, becoming Venom would be great to see play out in a movie.

I'd still rather see Eddie Brock. What I want definitely won't happen, though: a movie that's pretty much Taxi Driver with Venom. That is, a really psychological and subjective story about Eddie Brock, where he's "the hero" but you're mired in his totally delusional and fallible worldview. Basically, something that takes the origin mythos of most superhero narratives and makes it overtly about the characters' preoccupations with violence, revenge, and inferiority complex.

Spider-Man in general is way more psychologically introspective than most superhero franchises...I like to think of Venom as a dark shadow character because he's Peter Parker if he never had Uncle Ben. Where Peter's masculine insecurities and abandonment issues and self-esteem problems were never put into perspective, and he had no positive role models to turn him into someone responsible. Venom could actually pull that off, since he already has such an understood reputation as an anti-hero.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Also from the same tumblr...

December 28, 2013

By Ned Leeds, City Bureau

A shocking Midtown bank robbery was foiled yesterday by Spider-Man. New York’s superhuman vigilante caught the mechanically augmented robber, suspected in two previous bank heists, as he fled the scene with the stolen loot.

Police arrived on the scene as Spider-Man finished webbing up the suspect, who was arrested and later identified as disgruntled engineer, Herman Schultz. Schultz created wrist-gauntlets that are capable of emitting a vibratory wave of pressure that proved capable of tearing apart a four-foot thick steel vault.

NYPD Special Crimes Unit Detective Stan Carter stated that Schultz had officially been remanded into custody and is being held at the Ravencroft Institute pending his preliminary hearing. When asked how a “disgruntled engineer” could create such dangerous weapons, Carter said, “Shocking, right? All that genius but no escape plan.”

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

"Shocking", get it??? Like in the comics, the comic book character Shocker. Suck it down you nerd fucks.

hiddenriverninja
May 10, 2013

life is locomotion
keep moving
trust that you'll find your way

Xealot posted:

I'd still rather see Eddie Brock. What I want definitely won't happen, though: a movie that's pretty much Taxi Driver with Venom. That is, a really psychological and subjective story about Eddie Brock, where he's "the hero" but you're mired in his totally delusional and fallible worldview. Basically, something that takes the origin mythos of most superhero narratives and makes it overtly about the characters' preoccupations with violence, revenge, and inferiority complex.

Spider-Man in general is way more psychologically introspective than most superhero franchises...I like to think of Venom as a dark shadow character because he's Peter Parker if he never had Uncle Ben. Where Peter's masculine insecurities and abandonment issues and self-esteem problems were never put into perspective, and he had no positive role models to turn him into someone responsible. Venom could actually pull that off, since he already has such an understood reputation as an anti-hero.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7YDYL6oECjU

This is probably as close as you're gonna get.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Hanks Lust Cafe posted:

"Shocking", get it??? Like in the comics, the comic book character Shocker. Suck it down you nerd fucks.

Shocker is actually one of my favorite Spidey villains. He really is like Peter Parker with no sense of responsibility. He's been known to make his equipment from scrap he can pull together in prison and his only focus is on money.

But I don't know if he could ever carry a movie by himself as the main antagonist.

AgentHaiTo
Feb 7, 2003

Well, isn't this a coincidence? So, um, how you doing? You're busy, I know and I don't want to distract you, please, don't let me interrupt you.

Xealot posted:

Sounds like the move Super, but with actual super powers. I loved that movie, and this scene was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EET138PjQnc

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

Xealot posted:

I agree...I wonder if they are going to use the Ultimate version of Brock whenever they decide to introduce him (assuming they don't go with Flash). In that version he's a good friend of Peter's, as opposed to a fellow Daily Bugle photographer.

Caros
May 14, 2008

ExplodingSquid posted:

Also from the same tumblr...

December 28, 2013

By Ned Leeds, City Bureau

A shocking Midtown bank robbery was foiled yesterday by Spider-Man. New York’s superhuman vigilante caught the mechanically augmented robber, suspected in two previous bank heists, as he fled the scene with the stolen loot.

Police arrived on the scene as Spider-Man finished webbing up the suspect, who was arrested and later identified as disgruntled engineer, Herman Schultz. Schultz created wrist-gauntlets that are capable of emitting a vibratory wave of pressure that proved capable of tearing apart a four-foot thick steel vault.

NYPD Special Crimes Unit Detective Stan Carter stated that Schultz had officially been remanded into custody and is being held at the Ravencroft Institute pending his preliminary hearing. When asked how a “disgruntled engineer” could create such dangerous weapons, Carter said, “Shocking, right? All that genius but no escape plan.”

Poor shocker. He usually gets chumped as an aside to the main story, but this time he didn't even make it into the film before getting his rear end kicked.

ExplodingSquid
Aug 11, 2008

Caros posted:

Poor shocker. He usually gets chumped as an aside to the main story, but this time he didn't even make it into the film before getting his rear end kicked.

That's what made me have a giggle.

Olibu
Feb 24, 2008

AgentHaiTo posted:

Sounds like the move Super, but with actual super powers. I loved that movie, and this scene was amazing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EET138PjQnc

Now compare this with the silly tone we seem to be getting from Guardians of the Galaxy. Whatever that movie ends up being, it will be worth seeing.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
So this is a thing

http://thedailybugle.tumblr.com/post/72809540399/by-ken-ellis-its-either-a-sign-of-the-times-or-a

:psyduck:

Gatts
Jan 2, 2001

Goodnight Moon

Nap Ghost

YEEESSSSS BRING THE CLONE SAGA TO THE BIG SCREEN AFTER THE SINISTER SIX!

Chickenfrogman
Sep 16, 2011

by exmarx
Any director/producer team that seriously has the balls to try and do the Clone Saga for real has earned my money just on the display of sheer guts.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Chickenfrogman posted:

Any director/producer team that seriously has the balls to try and do the Clone Saga for real has earned my money just on the display of sheer guts.

If they do the clone saga it would be closer to the Ultimate one.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Oh c'mon guys, clones in a movie are brilliant. No need to hire villain actors!

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

bobkatt013 posted:

If they do the clone saga it would be closer to the Ultimate one.

If they add Ultimate Jessica Drew, gently caress yes.

Medullah
Aug 14, 2003

FEAR MY SHARK ROCKET IT REALLY SUCKS AND BLOWS

Dexo posted:

If they add Ultimate Jessica Drew, gently caress yes.

I would give them all my monies for Andrew Garfield in drag.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Medullah posted:

Have it just be Emma Stone in a brunette wig.

Aces High
Mar 26, 2010

Nah! A little chocolate will do

Medullah posted:

:aaaaa: if Webb is still on board for this it will be the best thing ever (or the worst thing, but it would be the BEST worst thing ever)

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

Aces High posted:

:aaaaa: if Webb is still on board for this it will be the best thing ever (or the worst thing, but it would be the BEST worst thing ever)

Its too bad that its impossible for the Human Torch to make a cameo and hit on Jessica Drew.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
I'm rewatching the Amazing Spider-man right now. Andrew Garfield has so much more charisma in 5 minutes of this flick than Maguire had in all three of his films. I am positively boggled by people who favor Toby over Andrew.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
So just how bloated is this movie going to be? I'm getting serious Spider-Man 3 vibes with Electro filling the role of tragic accident bad guy that Sandman played, Harry filling the same role in both, and Rhyno being...Venom I guess? Both were sort of shoe horned in it seems.

Dunno, I thought they would learn from the failure of SM3 and the success of ASM and SM2 that less villains lets you tell a better story.

Vintersorg
Mar 3, 2004

President of
the Brendan Fraser
Fan Club

Rhyno posted:

I'm rewatching the Amazing Spider-man right now. Andrew Garfield has so much more charisma in 5 minutes of this flick than Maguire had in all three of his films. I am positively boggled by people who favor Toby over Andrew.

No, its poo poo and SM3 is the best, don't you love when he starts dancing? SO WACKY!! A+, 5 golden manbabies! Would watch again and again.

You're right tho, Amazing Spider-Man owns and this new one is gonna be even crazier and better.

Adrianics
Aug 15, 2006

Affirmative. Yes. Yo. Right on. My man.

Reinanigans posted:

So just how bloated is this movie going to be? I'm getting serious Spider-Man 3 vibes with Electro filling the role of tragic accident bad guy that Sandman played, Harry filling the same role in both, and Rhyno being...Venom I guess? Both were sort of shoe horned in it seems.

Dunno, I thought they would learn from the failure of SM3 and the success of ASM and SM2 that less villains lets you tell a better story.

It's looking like each villain is ASM2 is going to be linked to Oscorp in some way, so at least there'll be a good reason why they're all involved in the plot against Spider-Man to a greater extent than "Sandman and Venom have two completely separate storylines that meet at the last minute and they team up because reasons".

And hasn't it been confirmed that Max Dillon is a Spider-Man obsessive who volunteers to undergo experimentation that turns him into Electro? And I'd imagine Rhino's is similar.

Crows Turn Off
Jan 7, 2008

I just hope that if the go the Sinister Six route, they have a movie dedicated to the other three villains separately first.

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

Reinanigans posted:

Too many villains is an excuse for a poorly written and directed movie. Batman Begins had three villains. The Dark Knight Rises parallels Spider-Man 3 well by having a villain who changes sides by the end. The problem with Spider-Man 3 is that the movie spends so much time presenting Peter as his own enemy that the villains are never developed all that well, and in particular are never given a relationship except for all wanting Spider-Man dead.

You're definitely right that the stories parallel somewhat, but ASM2 looks like there will be some cohesion between the villains.

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

He's in better movies.

Uncle Boogeyman
Jul 22, 2007

Yannick_B posted:

He's in better movies.

This. I certainly won't knock Andrew Garfield as an actor, I just wish his Spider-Man movie was better.

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Reinanigans posted:

You could do a gauntlet (not the comic book ASM series but a style) style where you don't need to introduce the villains and still conflict Peter's life a bit.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Yannick_B posted:

He's in better movies.

Not if you weigh their careers overall! And Spider-man 3 is horrible, ASM is easily a better film than that clusterfuck.

Armyman25
Sep 6, 2005

Rhyno posted:

Not if you weigh their careers overall! And Spider-man 3 is horrible, ASM is easily a better film than that clusterfuck.

Better Spider-Man movies though.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Armyman25 posted:

Better Spider-Man movies though.

I totally disagree with this. If you remove Willem Dafoe and James Franco, the Spider-Man movies Tobey was in were all complete, giant, steaming pieces of dog poo poo.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

I totally disagree with this. If you remove Willem Dafoe and James Franco, the Spider-Man movies Tobey was in were all complete, giant, steaming pieces of dog poo poo.

Also JK Simmons and Alfred Molina

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

TheJoker138 posted:

You're not alone in this opinion. There's good things to like about them, especially given how important they were in getting Marvel back on its feet in the early 00s, but they're mostly hot garbage in retrospect.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

bobkatt013 posted:

Also JK Simmons and Alfred Molina

I'll give you Simmons, but even Molina couldn't save their horrible version of Doc Ock. "Oh no, I'm just a good guy being controlled by these evil sentient tentacles" is some bullshit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yannick_B
Oct 11, 2007

Rhyno posted:

Spider-Man 3 is at times a pretty rough movie (with bad parts), but it's a better Spider-Man movie than Amazing Spider-Man.

• Locked thread