Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

More leaked listings. Hmm.

Slug and "Slog"? (probably a typo but... why two figures?) voyager Drift? Galvatron?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Blackheart posted:

More leaked listings. Hmm.

Slug and "Slog"? (probably a typo but... why two figures?) voyager Drift? Galvatron?

These sound like Generations Figures and movie figures.

Crosshairs was one of the Classics listed guys. Also that leader mode Optimus Prime is under Generations.

There's a bunch of toy conventions coming up so we'll probably see new stuff then.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The UK toy fair is at the end of next week, but I won't get to go this year. Stupid job. :saddowns:

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

I'm always game for more Lockdown.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Xenomrph posted:

I'm always game for more Lockdown.

I'm excited about all those voyagers, even an old rusty "evasion Optimus"

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I just want them to finish releasing teams for generations. Like we're still missing insecticon guys and they released Kickback in wave 3 and next legends wave they're releasing the second member. I just wish they'd stick with it and release all team member guys at once or within close proximity to each other.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
I'd like a Reflector set. I know one of them is a targetmaster weapon in a legends pack, but still.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
Holy poo poo, I got to go this long without ever knowing about Felzbug.

Those gardening gloves are far creepier than that puppet.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

Spiderdrake posted:

That's one of the problems with combiners in general though, very few of them have a sensible theme to all four limbs and yet they have to stick very close to the original ideas forever and ever.

Sean Long. I was the victim.

DoctorWhat posted:

Speaking of Vangelus and Cyclops, the pinnacle of Internet Toy Reviewing was when he tested Cyclops's ability to float on-camera and it was a total disaster.

Vangelus and Thew are the only good reviewers.

That's because they put a lot of effort into it and actually have charisma.

I generally don't like "Internet Personalities", but Vangelus and the AVGN are the exception because they're decent guys and don't believe they're God's gift to the world. Vangelus is a super nice dude and doesn't have a mean bone in his body. The guy goes out of his way to be friendly

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
I'm going to assume the Voyager Optimus Prime & Grimlock listing there is a Voyager-sized Grimlock that a Legends-sized Optimus Prime can ride on.

The Taint Reaper posted:

These sound like Generations Figures and movie figures.

Crosshairs was one of the Classics listed guys. Also that leader mode Optimus Prime is under Generations.

There's a bunch of toy conventions coming up so we'll probably see new stuff then.

Crosshairs was a previously leaked/assumed name for the moviebot that has apparently turned out to be named Slingshot. Listing that figure as "Crosshairs/Slingshot" is probably just covering both bases until real confirmation can be determined.

Keldroc fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Jan 13, 2014

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

3 posted:

That was Sean Long, who had a 11-minute long rambling breakdown on Youtube because his viewers wouldn't help him pay the rent after he spent all his money on toys.

Fuckin' Sean Long drives me nuts, he posts over on the Marvel Toylines FB group and he never thinks to check and see if something has already been said, he just rushes in and posts his EXCITING NEW INFORMATION with all of his Sean Long internet cred. He's days late on information but does that stop him? Nooooope.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

This is totally a knock off, right? (eBay link) http://bit.ly/1j2H1zT

But if I'm right in assuming it's the same kind of KO that Thew bought of Tigertrack, it should be a decent quality, to the point of being my money's worth?

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

The_Doctor posted:

But if I'm right in assuming it's the same kind of KO that Thew bought of Tigertrack, it should be a decent quality, to the point of being my money's worth?

It is a KO, and it is apparently of very high quality, with only minor differences from the official product. Here's a post that goes over every single difference, no matter how minor. It looks like as long as you're willing to tolerate the fact that "Countach" is spelled weird on the back of the car, it's almost identical to the Takara version. Plus the KO comes with KOs of the Amazon Japan exclusive piledrivers!

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Blackheart posted:

I would love for the movie Dinobots to just all be named Slag, Slug, Slog, Sleg, and Slig. And they turn into a triceratops, a torosaurus, a pentaceratops, an anchiceratops, and an eotriceratops. Try to keep that straight, gift-buying grandparents.

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

The Rage posted:

Fuckin' Sean Long drives me nuts, he posts over on the Marvel Toylines FB group and he never thinks to check and see if something has already been said, he just rushes in and posts his EXCITING NEW INFORMATION with all of his Sean Long internet cred. He's days late on information but does that stop him? Nooooope.
His voice is seriously the worst. I don't know how anyone can watch one of his videos and not immediately be compelled to put a gun in their own mouth.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Has the new Rhinox toy come and gone?

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wAlSNOUKOV4

Thew reviews Cosmos and Swerve.

The_Doctor posted:

For that price it's the KO, but I have one my girlfriend got me and like Keldroc said, it is almost indistinguishable from the real one. Plastic quality is good, the joints are tight, and it looks great on the shelf next to the rest of the MPs.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Has the new Rhinox toy come and gone?

It's not even out yet, HTS lists the new shipment as next month.

And then we just have Whirl and then the long long long wait until they announce more Voyagers(like Roadbuster).

I've never wanted repaints of molds this quick before. I can't wait for Gears to come out so he and Swerve can stand back to back wielding huge minicon oxymoron guns.

Cosmos could be repainted into a plethora of other dudes, but having another Cosmos wouldn't be a bad thing.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 14:25 on Jan 13, 2014

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

:siren: :siren: :siren:
AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE

404GoonNotFound posted:

And then Internet Personality Vangelus responded with a brilliant parody.

Not only that but peaugh also pitched in with a video with The Fallen giving sean long advice not to beg for money off youtube. I wish that video were still up.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

Keldroc posted:

It is a KO, and it is apparently of very high quality, with only minor differences from the official product. Here's a post that goes over every single difference, no matter how minor. It looks like as long as you're willing to tolerate the fact that "Countach" is spelled weird on the back of the car, it's almost identical to the Takara version. Plus the KO comes with KOs of the Amazon Japan exclusive piledrivers!

Being a bit OCD, I think every time someone posts that link I run off to check my Sideswipe box and figure. The first time I got a bit scared because the box doesn't have the circle stickers (but I think that might just be region or store dependent) but everything else matches the official MP. (and I got mine a bit before the KO started showing up en masse)

Speaking of MPs I recently got Prowl and it's brilliant. Just a fantastic figure. I think I still like Sideswipe a tiiiiiiny bit more though, but they're both almost flawless.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Ka0 posted:

Not only that but peaugh also pitched in with a video with The Fallen giving sean long advice not to beg for money off youtube. I wish that video were still up.

Does either one of the parody videos exist anywhere? I can't find them, they probably are gone forever.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

So here's the thing about some of those "KO" Sideswipes. Apparently there is a thing in China called third shift, and what this is/does is say Hasbro/Takara order 4000 units of MP Sideswipe, the factory will run those 4000, plus 2000 of their own, so you're getting the exact same box, exact same car, exact same everything. The factory/managers sell these units as "warehouse finds" to companies like BBTS/TFSource or even just on their own on eBay. So there are factory exact Masterpiece cars being sold, that as long as everything is spelled correctly, the box is identical, the plastic is perfect, theres a good chance they're this "third shift" production. They sell them cheaper because its pure profit, no licensing fees.

So if you've got a "KO" Sideswipe thats identical with no visible misspellings on the car or box, you've probably got a third shift product.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

What I'm taking from all this is "Yes, buy it and that KO Prowl."

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I don't think Prowl's been KOed just yet, but it probably will be soon.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Blackheart posted:

I don't think Prowl's been KOed just yet, but it probably will be soon.

This kind of pricing would suggest so.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

How the nuts did UK people get access to these guys first? That never happens. Did I cross over to Bizarro Earth? My beard's still on my chin, so obviously I haven't swapped mentalities with my good twin.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Phy posted:

How the nuts did UK people get access to these guys first? That never happens.

No clue, I haven't seen them anywhere. :(

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

The_Doctor posted:

What I'm taking from all this is "Yes, buy it and that KO Prowl."

Did you mean Red Alert?

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

...dang, that's cheap.

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.
I got a KO Red Alert a few weeks ago. His back end doesn't peg together great in alt-mode but other than that he looks terrific standing next to my MP Sideswipe.

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Captain Magic posted:

I got a KO Red Alert a few weeks ago. His back end doesn't peg together great in alt-mode but other than that he looks terrific. Looks just perfect standing next to my MP Sideswipe.

Oh no, I have that feeling where my NIB first-run Red Alert is worth a lot less. Is this what all the Fort Max owners feel? Did someone want mine, was it you Gammatron? I can't recall.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI

strangehamster posted:

Oh no, I have that feeling where my NIB first-run Red Alert is worth a lot less. Is this what all the Fort Max owners feel? Did someone want mine, was it you Gammatron? I can't recall.

I didn't know you were selling one until now, but I'm definitely considering it.

I also have to consider if I want to pay $35 for a fake or more for a legit one. I need to mull it over for a bit.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

gently caress it, I went for the £22 Red Alert with free international shipping. It'll go right nice with my G1 re-issue.

It remains to be seen how much I get hosed on customs/Post Office delivery, I just got screwed for £13 off of £31's worth of Threadless T-shirts over Christmas.

Unknownone
Apr 23, 2003

Some stupid 04 bought me this

Goldskull posted:

gently caress it, I went for the £22 Red Alert with free international shipping. It'll go right nice with my G1 re-issue.

It remains to be seen how much I get hosed on customs/Post Office delivery, I just got screwed for £13 off of £31's worth of Threadless T-shirts over Christmas.

Just did the same. Will see how it turns out. I still need to sort out my latest purchases, MP soundwave and prowl are just chilling on a random cabinet at the moment.

Ka0
Sep 16, 2002

AS A PROUD GAMERGATER THE ONLY THING I HATE MORE THAN WOMEN ARE GAYS AND TRANS PEOPLE
Every now and then I get a craving to seek out animated voyager toys, every now and then I remember why I sold them when I had them in the first place.

If someone comes across a non-korean galaxy force autovolt and a sealed samurai prowl tomy version, please let me know.

Sentinel Red
Nov 13, 2007
Style > Content.
Hasui's been posting pics of Wheeljack on his Twitter, which naturally lead to someone doing the following PS job:

He's up to order on HJL, AmiAmi, etc.

Corb3t
Jun 7, 2003

Sentinel Red posted:

Hasui's been posting pics of Wheeljack on his Twitter, which naturally lead to someone doing the following PS job:

He's up to order on HJL, AmiAmi, etc.

Wow, HLJ's order process is really easy - you don't even have to enter billing info until the item is in stock. This is bad for my wallet.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

HLJ is great, prices are fantastic and they get a package to me from Japan faster than BBTS two states over.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

Bag of Sun Chips posted:

Wow, HLJ's order process is really easy - you don't even have to enter billing info until the item is in stock. This is bad for my wallet.

Oh really? Anime Export wanted payment now for the pre-order due in August. No thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheDK
Jun 5, 2009

therealjon_ posted:

HLJ is great, prices are fantastic and they get a package to me from Japan faster than BBTS two states over.
How much does shipping typically cost to the US from HLJ? I've never bought anything from them but just pre-ordered Wheeljack and it won't give me shipping costs until the product comes in (and my order is charged).