Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Sockser posted:

Does not contain Fantastic Four 94, entire list is therefore invalid

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r_X5C6e3ZeY

Oh hey, how timely

http://www.superherohype.com/news/articles/181121-trailer-for-documentary-doomed-the-untold-story-of-roger-cormans-the-fantastic-four

Documentary about Fantastic Four 94 comin' out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tut
Nov 4, 2004

Michael Douglas to Play Hank Pym in Marvel’s ‘Ant-Man’

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
So it turns out that Michael Douglas is playing Hank Pym.

I guess this makes Paul Rudd into Scott Lang by default?

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,
you shouldn't have signed it.

Man that is pretty terrible casting for Hank Pym.

Sion
Oct 16, 2004

"I'm the boss of space. That's plenty."
Holy poo poo that is incredible I love everything about that casting.

404GoonNotFound posted:

Are you ruling out time travel? Old Hank/Young Hank seems pretty in line with Age of Ultron.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

404GoonNotFound posted:

Now Lang I can get into.

:regd08:

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?
It says in that announcement that Rudd is Lang so it will be interesting to see how the film goes.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

All this just confirms the film is probably still going by the early Wright/Cornish script where Pym was an established hero/scientist back in the 60/70's who has retired and ends up passing the mantle to Lang.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer
Jokes aside though, I guess if Rudd's gonna be Lang and not Pym, I wonder what that means for Age of Ultron? I mean, I guess Tony's gonna make him like everyone theorized. Either that or maybe they brush the dust off of Ultron in the bottom of Pym's abandoned lab and accidentally activate him?

Dacap
Jul 8, 2008

I've been involved in a number of cults, both as a leader and a follower.

You have more fun as a follower. But you make more money as a leader.

I wonder if this decision was to avoid the wife beating subplot? Does this mean that The Wasp won't be included?

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer
So, the Americant President?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Dacap posted:

I wonder if this decision was to avoid the wife beating subplot? Does this mean that The Wasp won't be included?

That's the sound of a million fan `shops turning Catherine Zeta Jones into Wasp.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
Oh my god. Scott Lang is coming to the big screen. I'm so, so unbelievably happy.

TwoPair posted:

Jokes aside though, I guess if Rudd's gonna be Lang and not Pym, I wonder what that means for Age of Ultron? I mean, I guess Tony's gonna make him like everyone theorized. Either that or maybe they brush the dust off of Ultron in the bottom of Pym's abandoned lab and accidentally activate him?

The teaser with Iron Man's helmet turning into Ultron seemed pretty explicit. It'd be weird if Tony didn't have a direct hand in creating him after that.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

Lobok posted:

That's the sound of a million fan `shops turning Catherine Zeta Jones into Wasp.

That's funny, it sounds like a million backhand slaps to me...

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Dacap posted:

By making Pym the non-lead, it seems like it might actually increase the chances we'll see him with a darker edge. I could see them painting him as some cocky rear end in a top hat in the 60s who treated women like poo poo as some quasi-Bondian rogue. Then, since that was the past, you can advance to the present day as he views his past behavior negatively. A kind of "I became of monster through the experience Scott, I hope you fare better with it."

Of course, going that angle really makes me wish/hope he is involved with Ultron in some way too, since it would be a good fit.

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

If Marvel chickened out on making Howard Stark a dick they aren't going to do it to Hank Pym.

Timeless Appeal
May 28, 2006
You know what would be pretty balla? If they had Pym, Stark Senior, and some other dudes making up like a proto-60s Avengers lead by Peggy Carter in the Fury role.

Mr. Maltose
Feb 16, 2011

The Guffless Girlverine
Make it Jimmy Woo and Agents of Atlas it up. Built in excuse and everything.

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.

Timeless Appeal posted:

You know what would be pretty balla? If they had Pym, Stark Senior, and some other dudes making up like a proto-60s Avengers lead by Peggy Carter in the Fury role.

Have them take the Jim Hammond Human Torch out of mothballs and it will work. Do it to give a gently caress you back at Fox for cribbing Quicksilver.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I really hope they fudge it and make Wasp a modern character. Jan's character is much more than Hank's girlfriend, well now.

Though anyone who saw Behind the Candelabra knows Michael Doughlas has a great way to say Scott.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Teek posted:

Have them take the Jim Hammond Human Torch out of mothballs and it will work. Do it to give a gently caress you back at Fox for cribbing Quicksilver.

Howard Stark: Behold this Synthazoid I bought from the Worlds Fair. It's a robot that can command and control flame.

Hank Pym: Why he's become a regular....HUMAN TORCH!

(All the characters turn to the screen and stare right at the camera with a "Yeah, we went there! What are you going to do about it?" look.)

Howard: Also, I decided to make him look exactly like the bravest man I knew, Steve Rogers.

Jim Hammond: (as played by Chris Evans.) I'm getting two pay cheques!

PupsOfWar
Dec 6, 2013

Dacap posted:

They could have Jan be an old lady and use one of the various other ex-Wasps/Yellowjackets floating around as Lang's opposite number.

Or they can just use Cassie and have Father-Daughter as the leads for once, rather than Girlfriend-Boyfriend.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

Weird! I thought Michael Douglas had retired 'cause he was dying of cancer. Good for him, then!

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Hakkesshu posted:

Weird! I thought. Michael Douglas had retired 'cause he was dying of cancer. Good for him, though!

He was just in a tv movie last year.

rantmo
Jul 30, 2003

A smile better suits a hero

bobkatt013 posted:

And a tremendously lovely comedy with DeNiro, Freeman and Kline.

wedgie deliverer
Oct 2, 2010

Also the one where he was loving Matt Damon.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

bobkatt013 posted:

rantmo posted:

And a tremendously lovely comedy with DeNiro, Freeman and Kline.

hi liter posted:

Also the one where he was loving Matt Damon.

Don't forget he was in Liberace.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Hakkesshu posted:

Weird! I thought Michael Douglas had retired 'cause he was dying of cancer. Good for him, then!

I believe he got better but he still looks like death warmed over.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Marvel's been doing some awesome, unexpected things. Which is an interesting contrast to DC's stupid, unexpected things.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

Waterhaul posted:

All this just confirms the film is probably still going by the early Wright/Cornish script where Pym was an established hero/scientist back in the 60/70's who has retired and ends up passing the mantle to Lang.

Thank goodness.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I like this casting. I love Rudd as Scott Lang, too.

I can't wait to reread FF with Rudd's voice in my head for Ant-Man.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!

Lobok posted:

Don't forget he was in Liberace.

Which is really loving fantastic, but so many people won't see it because "ew man sex".

Or do you mean he was LITERALLY in Liberace?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Hakkesshu posted:

He had tongue cancer, and the chances of coming out of it without being disfigured weren't good. The treatments were successful (for now) though.

lomzus
Mar 18, 2009
Latino Review is reporting that Marvel Studios has been talking to Johnny Depp about being Doctor Strange.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/01/13/marvel-supposedly-talking-to-johnny-depp-for-doctor-strange/

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

lomzus posted:

Latino Review is reporting that Marvel Studios has been talking to Johnny Depp about being Doctor Strange.

http://badassdigest.com/2014/01/13/marvel-supposedly-talking-to-johnny-depp-for-doctor-strange/
boooooooo

Waterhaul
Nov 5, 2005

it was a nice post,

Hah six months ago they were reporting that Joseph Gordon Levitt was the number one choice Marvel/Disney wanted.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

When was the last time Latino Review reported anything that wasn't 100% made up?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
They probably reported about Douglas playing Pym... Now that would've been after Marvel and Disney announced it themselves, but still! :v:

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Grimey Drawer

lomzus posted:

Having the correct facial hair alone does not qualify you to be Sorcerer Supreme. :colbert:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

Are we certain they don't want Depp to play Brother Voodoo?

• Locked thread