Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

Xenomrph posted:

For my money I'm also a big fan of the little Injustice videogame Regime Wonder Woman figure from the WW/Solomon Grundy 2-pack. It's a cool redesign of the character and there's a lot of detail for a figure so small. It doesn't feel as sturdy as, say, any 3.75" figure from Hasbro, and it's a bit smaller than Hasbro's scale, but I still really like the figure a lot.

I actually have most of the Injustice 2-packs, all things considered they're all pretty fun.

You know the scale of the figures in that set really bugs me. I really wanted Batman to join up with my Marvel Universe, GI Joe and Star Wars figures. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006
Thanks to everyone for the advice on the new Amazing Spidey versus the classic McFarlane Spidey. I sold my McFarlane Spidey today for a pretty generous price, so now I just need to find the Amazing, and I'll still be at "collection equilibrium."

An Ounce of Gold
Jul 13, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Jet Ready Go posted:

Just got my Trinity of War set in and the Wonder Woman looked kind of derpy, I spent maybe a half an hour doing gentle nudges and tweaks to the make up to make her look more like the box art version.

It's not perfect but I'm happy with the results.

It's a big improvement actually. If you want to go one more step then focus on making her eyelids into that elongated eye liner cat-eye style she has on the box. That will go a long way into not making her so derpy looking.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Got a couple spares if anyone is interested, $16 each + shipping otherwise I'm looking for a Carnage, more AIM and Hydra soldiers, or the FF Doom/Red Deadpool if anyone wants to work a trade.

Jet Ready Go
Nov 3, 2005

I thought I didn't qualify. I was considered, what was it... volatile, self-centered, and I don't play well with others.

SymfonyMan posted:

It's a big improvement actually. If you want to go one more step then focus on making her eyelids into that elongated eye liner cat-eye style she has on the box. That will go a long way into not making her so derpy looking.

I thought about it, but the chance I'll gently caress everything up kept me away from doing that. I would have loved to be able to do that but I don't trust the steadiness of my hands... I'll never be a sniper :(

I feel like the cat eye style eyeliner is more fit for Catwoman who I'll be getting in tomorrow and maybe have to add to it.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

The Rage posted:

Got a couple spares if anyone is interested, $16 each + shipping otherwise I'm looking for a Carnage, more AIM and Hydra soldiers, or the FF Doom/Red Deadpool if anyone wants to work a trade.

Wow, those are really nice looking. I'm going to have to keep my eyes peeled for these guys in the stores.

iceyman
Jul 11, 2001

Can someone explain which figure is the McFarlane spider-man? I google it and find one that is a lighter blue and some that are a darker blue. Apparently I have two of the darker blue ones. Do these really sell for big money?

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran
The original one was from the "Spider-man Classics" line, series 12. Specifically, "Superposeable Wall-Crawling Spider-Man".

The dark ones are a re-release. Not as valuable as the original, but you still sometimes see them sell for quite a bit.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

funtax posted:

The original one was from the "Spider-man Classics" line, series 12. Specifically, "Superposeable Wall-Crawling Spider-Man".

The dark ones are a re-release. Not as valuable as the original, but you still sometimes see them sell for quite a bit.

Furthermore the light blue ones tend to have better paint apps where the dark blue is one of the first figures produced by Hasbro so while the paint is terrible at best but the quality of the plastic is leagues better so you won't be worried about it breaking if you breathe on it wrong.

I own both and they have their pluses and minuses. I prefer the color and paint of the Toy Biz one.

Big Bad Voodoo Lou
Jan 1, 2006

Cocks Cable posted:

Can someone explain which figure is the McFarlane spider-man? I google it and find one that is a lighter blue and some that are a darker blue. Apparently I have two of the darker blue ones. Do these really sell for big money?

I had the lighter blue one from Toy Biz, and someone made me an offer I couldn't refuse without any haggling or anything, so I sold it. I figure for that amount, I'll replace it with the new Amazing Spider-Man 2 figure and still be far more ahead than I ever imagined.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar
So how much is the red/black McFarlane reprint worth loose? I was just going to give it to my daughter.

funtax
Feb 28, 2001
Forum Veteran

Louisgod posted:

So how much is the red/black McFarlane reprint worth loose? I was just going to give it to my daughter.

Assuming it's in good shape, I've seen it pretty consistently selling for around $50, but you'll sometimes see it spike higher and hit as high as $100.

Slothass
Mar 6, 2004

Look what was on my doorstep today.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Is anyone still looking for the ML Jean Grey, my walmarts had one and the rest of that wave. I can see if they are still there

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Slothass posted:

Ugh I just want the Cobra (un) holy trinity so bad. Destro, Cobra Commander and Baroness would be killer.

Hella jealous!

Xenomrph
Dec 9, 2005

AvP Nerd/Fanboy/Shill

Slothass posted:

Yep, mine arrived in the mail, too. :hfive:

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DrChud posted:

Is anyone still looking for the ML Jean Grey, my walmarts had one and the rest of that wave. I can see if they are still there

Would you mind swinging back by and checking for it? I'd take it if its under $20

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Would you mind swinging back by and checking for it? I'd take it if its under $20

No prob, I'll swing by after work tomorrow and see if it's there.

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

DrChud posted:

No prob, I'll swing by after work tomorrow and see if it's there.

Thanks sir!

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

funtax posted:

There's also this one from the Fearsome Foes boxed set with a different headsculpt. They eyes are more classic Spidey, though the face is kind of flat from profile so it doesn't look as good. The blues are even lighter than the original McFarlane Spider-Man.

(Sorry for the bad image)

The Fearsome Foes boxed set is even rarer though, and it has an excellent Rhino, Lizard and Vulture that I don't believe were ever released separately. The Carnage that came with it was also the best one until this most recent Hasbro one.

Sanschel
Aug 9, 2002

Xenomrph posted:

Yep, mine arrived in the mail, too. :hfive:

Y'all need to post some pictures, I gotta wait til next month for mine.

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Beanpants posted:

There's also this one from the Fearsome Foes boxed set with a different headsculpt. They eyes are more classic Spidey, though the face is kind of flat from profile so it doesn't look as good. The blues are even lighter than the original McFarlane Spider-Man.

(Sorry for the bad image)

The Fearsome Foes boxed set is even rarer though, and it has an excellent Rhino, Lizard and Vulture that I don't believe were ever released separately. The Carnage that came with it was also the best one until this most recent Hasbro one.

For the record the head on the Fearsome Foes Spidey on the First Appearance Spidey body makes a PERFECT Ditko Spider-man.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
For what it's worth, the Stan Lee exclusive comic con figure also uses the Mcfarlane spidey body. Excelsior!

Djarum
Apr 1, 2004

by vyelkin

Cricken_Nigfops posted:

For what it's worth, the Stan Lee exclusive comic con figure also uses the Mcfarlane spidey body. Excelsior!

Nope it uses the ML11 First Appearance Body, just with a light blue paint.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Djarum posted:

Nope it uses the ML11 First Appearance Body, just with a light blue paint.
Color me corrected, True-Believers!

Also guys.

GUYS

Carnage is SO good. This is seriously the best figure I've played with this year from an American company! I'm looking forward to picking up ASM2 and Black cat now!

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

Carnage is so great!

Although Black Cat looks great, but I can't for the life of me get her to stand unassisted. :(

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

therealjon_ posted:

Carnage is so great!

Although Black Cat looks great, but I can't for the life of me get her to stand unassisted. :(

Carnage makes me want to dig out my Venom from his plastic tomb and play with them both. Its like they captured Bagley's art perfectly in a physical toy.

Corn Glizzy fucked around with this message at 21:49 on Jan 15, 2014

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

The Rage posted:

Good news! It was still there. I don't have PM's so if you wanna throw me a email we can work out the rest. Doktorchud@gmaildotcom

Jace Madan
Apr 10, 2007

A survivor... unclouded by conscience, remorse, or delusions of morality.
Picked up these guys today. The new Classic Alien came out amazing.

BitterAvatar
Jun 19, 2004

I do not miss the future

Jace Madan posted:

Picked up these guys today. The new Classic Alien came out amazing.

Those look great. Just waiting on my BBTS order to get in stock.

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Looks like that All-New X-Men boxed set that leaked which was previously thought to be a SDCC exclusive is actually a Toys 'R' Us exclusive, releasing next month. Run on sentence.

http://marvelousnews.com/index.php?catid=252&itemid=16925

I can dig it. I just hope the Beast's forearms have articulation. It looks like a lump of plastic from these photos.

I hope that this bodes well for more boxed sets in the future!

Cheesus
Oct 17, 2002

Let us retract the foreskin of ignorance and apply the wirebrush of enlightenment.
Yam Slacker

Beanpants posted:

I can dig it. I just hope the Beast's forearms have articulation. It looks like a lump of plastic from these photos.
From the larger photo in the link, no they are not articulated at the wrist.

No wrist articulation for the acrobatic character who regularly walked around on his hands and stood on his head? That's the Hasbro I've come to know and hate!

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar
Those all look like absolute poo poo. Iceman especially, what the hell did they do to his head?

Beanpants
Oct 27, 2004

Hmm... Yeah I didn't see the large images updated when I posted. They ain't great, which is a shame considering the high quality streak Hasbro has been on since the line relaunched. I'll have to see them in person before I take the plunge.

...Who am I kidding, I'll pick them up on sight. But I hope future box sets have a little more care put into them if these are successful.

DrChud
Jun 18, 2004

Will Target raise or lower prices depending on the area? My local Target has the ASM figures for 14.88, my sister picked up one for me by her job and she was charged 19.99. If it was Carnage I wouldn't mind but drat a 25% difference is nuts.

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 3 hours!
Bread Liar

DrChud posted:

Will Target raise or lower prices depending on the area? My local Target has the ASM figures for 14.88, my sister picked up one for me by her job and she was charged 19.99. If it was Carnage I wouldn't mind but drat a 25% difference is nuts.

They're starting to jack up the prices for whatever reason (probably because they're popular), with TRU increasing them to $25. Get them to price match a Target receipt if you can.

Gann Jerrod
Sep 9, 2005

A gun isn't a gun unless it shoots Magic.

DrChud posted:

From experience, I've seen differing prices from a Target in Northern versus Southern California.

Fish Of Doom
Aug 18, 2004
I'm too awake for this to be a nightmare

DrChud posted:

Target raises the prices on certain things in stores in more affluent areas. Toys are one of those things. When I used to the live in the Bay Area, the Targets in or near San Francisco were more expensive than the targets out near San Jose. Where I am now in New Mexico, things are cheaper than any store I've seen in California. If your sister lives in a richer part of town, then that's probably why it cost more.

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!

Seriously good.

Now, where am I gonna find a Black Cat?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Corn Glizzy
Jun 28, 2007

Louisgod posted:

They're starting to jack up the prices for whatever reason (probably because they're popular), with TRU increasing them to $25. Get them to price match a Target receipt if you can.

Yup its retailer wide now, Walmart is doing it too.