Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

There are also people who unironically like that Hatsune Miku game, and apparently people had been pushing for that series to be brought over here for a while, so I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. There is (was?) even a thread for it on Games here on this very site.

Granted I think people who like that game are pathetic, weird nerds, but still.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

Tae posted:

Ride to Hell is peanuts compared to EA's entire year, especially Battlefield.

Is Battlefield good yet? Not just playable, but a good game that I can jump into and play to my heart's content without encountering any crashes, major bugs, or server issues?

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

Cannot Find Server posted:

There are also people who unironically like that Hatsune Miku game, and apparently people had been pushing for that series to be brought over here for a while, so I'm not sure that's a fair comparison. There is (was?) even a thread for it on Games here on this very site.

Would it still be pathetic and weird if you played the exact same sort of game on a vita with Persona 4 characters? Asking for a friend.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Is Battlefield good yet? Not just playable, but a good game that I can jump into and play to my heart's content without encountering any crashes, major bugs, or server issues?

Not even close.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

Daius posted:

Would it still be pathetic and weird if you played the exact same sort of game on a vita with Persona 4 characters? Asking for a friend.

As a COOL GUY, I say yes.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Daius posted:

The rhythm part of Hatsune Miku isn't the part that weirded me out, so I guess it depends on if the Persona 4 one has the same bizarre, creepy anime fetishist poo poo.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
As long as you're not using a Vita to play that girl rubbing game you're safe.

Sumac
Sep 5, 2006

It doesn't matter now, come on get happy

cronox2 posted:

As long as you're not using a Vita to play that girl rubbing game you're safe.

Hot Shots Golf?

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

Hot Shots Golf?

No. Marta would never allow such a thing.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Nah they're still going to get banned for potentially infringing on their dlc rights.

They actually have put out limited mod access for Sim City. Its part of the (stated) reason they're putting out offline mode.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

cronox2 posted:

No. Marta would never allow such a thing.

Hot. You stroke that vita.

KoB
May 1, 2009

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I guess Im in the minority but I play every couple of days and have zero issues. The servers I play on dont crash, I've only crashed like two or three times and those were near release. I think its a pretty good game! (PC of course. I cant imagine what its like for console people trying to play it).

Cannot Find Server posted:

Hatsune Miku seemed to totally work from a gameplay standpoint at least.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

BF4 was always a fanastic game, technical issues aside. I haven't had any significant crash or bug issues in a month. Their patches up to now have fixed most of the stuff preventing people from playing the game.

That's just on the PC, though.

Sputty
Mar 20, 2005

Manatee Cannon posted:

You could say the same about a lot of bad games. Hatune Miku was a pretty dumb game by a big publisher with a funny quick look but I wouldn't say it's the same as Sim City. A game like that or Battlefield comes with certain expectations, Ride to Hell does not. It wasn't even canceled post release!

Project Diva F owns, fool.

Fallom posted:

BF4 was always a fanastic game, technical issues aside. I haven't had any significant crash or bug issues in a month. Their patches up to now have fixed most of the stuff preventing people from playing the game.

That's just on the PC, though.

Last time I was going to play people were talking about a bug that was making the 6000 series of Radeons act up so I'm still waiting

Sputty fucked around with this message at 00:42 on Jan 14, 2014

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Apr 6, 2015

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was looking forward to it because I like rhythm games but I guess I'm just pathetic!!

I'm pretty sure I already said that the rhythm part of the game wasn't the problem v:shobon:v

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

I think Battlefield not crashing is technically an oxymoron. Every game in that series is busted from day one. BF4 is a higher degree of busted than usual, but you will never not experience some jank in that series.

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 6, 2015

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Also that they stopped the DLC they were working on to fix the game.

Instead of, say, fixing the loving game before releasing it.

As Jeff Green said, I don't give a gently caress why the game is bad, I don't care how much work you did, or why it's not finished, I spent my money and you sold me a game that doesn't loving work.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Nothing anyone says about the inexcusable state of BF4 at launch will matter because almost all of those same idiots will buy BF5 on launch anyway. I know this because BC2 and BF3 also both had poo poo launches (not as poo poo as BF4 mind you, but still poo poo) yet those who bought them on launch bought the next one on launch anyway.

I'm sick of games launching half broken but it seems like more than enough people will gladly drop their money on a preorder that companies can push out half-finished, barely-functional garbage for the forseeable future with no real consequence.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Liquid Penguins posted:

I was looking forward to it because I like rhythm games but I guess I'm just pathetic!! Do you think everyone who played gears of war is in a frat?

You have anime avatar and are defending an anime vocaloid game where they specifically had to stop you from taking upskirt photos of the main character.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

You have anime avatar and are defending an anime vocaloid game where they specifically had to stop you from taking upskirt photos of the main character.

I think this is what guys in the biz call "a solid point".

Liquid Penguins
Feb 18, 2006

by Cowcaster
Grimey Drawer

Liquid Penguins fucked around with this message at 20:51 on Apr 6, 2015

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette

MacGyvers_Mullet posted:

The crashes have stopped for my PS4 and PC versions (yeah that's right), the PS4 version has latency hiccups on some of the larger maps (the Dam level is the worst) while the PC version is fine outside of some annoying jank.

New patch tomorrow, so let's see what Dice inadvertently breaks next.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

TheJoker138 posted:

gently caress people with anime avatars

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

gently caress avatars. :shepface:

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
Unless it's a skull.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan

Daius posted:

No, because it's Persona 4 related. That makes pretty much everything okay.

Although so far I've only seen screenshots of Charlie and Rise -- if Chie isn't in the game throwing spinkicks to some vocaloid version of "Kung Fu Fightin" I'll be very disappointed.

(edit): nevermind, also found a screenshot that says it includes Yosuke, Chie, and Kanji (and more). GOTY

StarkRavingMad fucked around with this message at 02:11 on Jan 14, 2014

lesbian baphomet
Nov 30, 2011

Daius posted:

There is not, and never will be, shame in playing Persona 4: Dance All Night

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Hatsune Miku looks/sounds gross and I hate Japan

Rody One Half
Feb 18, 2011

I have no strong feelings about Hatsune Miku or Japan.

Exquisite Dead Guy
Oct 27, 2007
Japan's alright and brought us some excellent Giant Bomb videos, if nothing else.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Japan has a cafe dedicated to Dark Souls II so they are pretty alright. :colbert:

Kung Fu Fist Fuck
Aug 9, 2009

Tae posted:

Not even close.

Maybe you should stick to what you know best, like online ccgs or something?

randombattle
Oct 16, 2008

This hand of mine shines and roars! It's bright cry tells me to grasp victory!

cheesetriangles posted:

Japan has a cafe dedicated to Dark Souls II so they are pretty alright. :colbert:

Japan has a cafe dedicated to just about anything if you know where to look.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
I posted these before but I don't care. Miku is cool when she does cover songs. The original songs sound like lame Jpop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H54pdkB2bkU

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E6m2NzdN7o0

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIWzS2lb_g

Or when she doesn't even sing.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xl-wbzHOCdU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Yeah Miku is real cool doing those songs.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Fallom posted:

Yeah Miku is real cool doing those songs.

I'm glad you agree.

Kasonic
Mar 6, 2007

Tenth Street Reds, representing
There's nothing I love better than a Japanese Alvin singing my favorite 90s pop songs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

Overbite posted:

I posted these before but I don't care. Miku is cool when she does cover songs. The original songs sound like lame Jpop.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XCIWzS2lb_g

How the gently caress does a god drat robot have a stereotypical "japanese" accent?

• Locked thread