Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

Drifter posted:

Who wouldn't have chemistry with Slade? :allears:

Spartacus.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Phylodox posted:

Spartacus.

They did end of being brothers in this life.
Also his chemistry with Naevia 2 is not that great but I am sure that could not hurt Arrow.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

bobkatt013 posted:

They did end of being brothers in this life.
Also his chemistry with Naevia 2 is not that great but I am sure that could not hurt Arrow.

Naevia 2 is gonna be Amanda Waller so that should actually work out just fine.

BrianWilly
Apr 24, 2007

There is no homosexual terrorist Johnny Silverhand
I never minded Naevia 2, but I never understood why they seemed to purposely hire an actress so completely different in looks and demeanor than Naevia 1. Not that they had to switch actresses -- I get that -- but that they seemed to go in a direction that wouldn't remotely remind anyone of the previous Naevia in a billion years. Did Naevia 1 just not jive well with the audience or something?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

BrianWilly posted:

I never minded Naevia 2, but I never understood why they seemed to purposely hire an actress so completely different in looks and demeanor than Naevia 1. Not that they had to switch actresses -- I get that -- but that they seemed to go in a direction that wouldn't remotely remind anyone of the previous Naevia in a billion years. Did Naevia 1 just not jive well with the audience or something?

The demeanor makes sense. She has been raped and tortured then sent to the hell known as the mines. Seriously anyone who has not watched Spartacus watch it.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

So very briefly to mention something that is and isn't comic related and is and isn't Arrow related.

I was reading my normal bunch of comics this week and came across this little nugget in Forever Evil: Arkham War #4. (Synopsis, with Batman gone the Loonies at Arkham take over Gotham. Currently Bane wants to conquer the city. He realizes his normal brand of terror tactics don't work since the Arkhamites only fear one dude, the Batman. So Bane decides he has to take up the mantle of Batman to strike fear into them. And he recruits new Batman villain, Talon to act as his Robin.)

While Bane is running around doing his new Batman type thing, he runs into a thug who (I think) is drawn to look a lot like Manu Bennett as Slade Wilson.
Is it just me, or is there definetly a resemblance?

I mean, I assume it's a little nod by the artist to Arrow, and if so I thought the Goons here would appreciate it.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Naevia 2 is gonna be Amanda Waller so that should actually work out just fine.

Doesn't need to be spoiler'ed as she's already shown up.

McSpanky
Jan 16, 2005

muscles like this? posted:

Doesn't need to be spoiler'ed as she's already shown up.

Huh, I've totally forgotten when that happened. Obligatory should've been CCH Pounder, etc.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Rewatching with my husband who hasn't seen it yet. He was into the first episode so I'm pleased.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

McSpanky posted:

Huh, I've totally forgotten when that happened. Obligatory should've been CCH Pounder, etc.

It was the Russia episode.

Funhilde
Jun 1, 2011

Cats Love Me.
Also there is actually some chemistry between Laurel and Ollie at the beginning of the show. I love this show.

Funhilde fucked around with this message at 05:52 on Jan 12, 2014

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

I'm going to restate that I want to see Laurel work with Slade. The previews have kinda squashed that idea (Unless Slade is way more conniving than I give him credit for. And I'm sure he is.), but it would give her a reason to be on the show and the training she needs to become Black Canary after her heel-face turn. Slade is basically in the business of printing badasses now. Even if he's outsourcing the work out to the man with the skull mask.

Or woman. :unsmigghh:

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Arrow cast best cast

BreakAtmo
May 16, 2009

Arrow cast best cast

Roy might have to wait to be Arsenal, but Colton Haynes is already my hero :allears:

Torrannor
Apr 27, 2013

---FAGNER---
TEAM-MATE

BreakAtmo posted:

Roy might have to wait to be Arsenal, but Colton Haynes is already my hero :allears:

I like Roy much more than Jackson from Teen Wolf, so Colton Haynes was right to move to Arrow.

Error 404
Jul 17, 2009

MAGE CURES PLOT

Arrow cast best cast

This show could be hot garbage, but I would still love it if only to support the cast. :swoon:

Darke GBF
Dec 30, 2006

The cold never bothered me anyway~

Arrow cast best cast

I think he definitely pulls it off better.

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche

Arrow cast best cast

Okay Colton Haynes, now you are definitely worthy of being Amell's sidekick.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
What a great day, Colton showing how a dress should've worn and Amell just posted a spoilerific pic on his facebook. Can't wait for this show to return :allears:

SpannerX
Apr 26, 2010

I had a beer with Stephen Harper once and now I like him.

Fun Shoe
I think this is the spoiler pic, cause it's kinda spoily (is that even a word?).

Time to teach Roy Harper a thing or two.

Dark_Tzitzimine
Oct 9, 2012

by R. Guyovich
That's the first one he posted, I was talking about this one:

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

With great payroll, comes great disappointment.

SpannerX posted:

I think this is the spoiler pic, cause it's kinda spoily (is that even a word?).

Best part is that it's not a bow.

edit: This just broke recently, right? I've definitely quoted spoilers before.

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 01:54 on Jan 14, 2014

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
Careful quoting spoilers. It despoilers.

So what weapon do you think Roy'll end up with, or do you think they'll just have him go all Casey Jones with a baseball bat or hockey stick - since he has super strength?

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Drifter posted:

Careful quoting spoilers. It despoilers.

So what weapon do you think Roy'll end up with, or do you think they'll just have him go all Casey Jones with a baseball bat or hockey stick - since he has super strength?

So you think he'll have a whole arsenal? :v:

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Gaz-L posted:

Of WHAT though? Wooden Goontanas?

A better way would have been, "Whatever he uses, I'm sure he'll have a whole ARSENAL of them," :btroll: :laugh:

Drifter fucked around with this message at 01:01 on Jan 14, 2014

Warmachine
Jan 30, 2012

Drifter posted:

Of WHAT though? Wooden Goontanas?

A better way would have been, "Whatever he uses, I'm sure he'll have a whole ARSENAL of them," :btroll: :laugh:

He'd need a whole Arsenal of wooden goontanas, seeing as he'll be breaking one each time he hits something. :v:

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Gaz-L posted:

Maybe he will have an arsenal of dead cats.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Warmachine posted:

He'd need a whole Arsenal of wooden goontanas, seeing as he'll be breaking one each time he hits something. :v:

How else will we know he's full of super-juice?!

Krad
Feb 4, 2008

Touche
He'll just get a bunch of arrows and throw them at people with super strength. No bow needed!

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat
But for real tho', how strong do you all think Roy'll be? Like, Ollie strong? Or like Grundy strong?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Drifter posted:

But for real tho', how strong do you all think Roy'll be? Like, Ollie strong? Or like Grundy strong?

In a preview, he punches through a cinder block.

Phylodox
Mar 30, 2006

College Slice

jscolon2.0 posted:

In a preview, he punches through a cinder block.

So Gleek strong.

Drifter
Oct 22, 2000

Belated Bear Witness
Soiled Meat

Phylodox posted:

So Gleek strong.

Who's Gleek?

jscolon2.0
Jul 9, 2001

Drifter posted:

Who's Gleek?

Paging Rarity to this thread.

edit:

jscolon2.0 fucked around with this message at 02:41 on Jan 14, 2014

Ojjeorago
Sep 21, 2008

I had a dream, too. It wasn't pleasant, though ... I dreamt I was a moron...
Gary’s Answer

Drifter posted:

Who's Gleek?

One of the white blobs from Herculoids.

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:
Is this coming back this Wednesday or next?

King Burgundy
Sep 17, 2003

I am the Burgundy King,
I can do anything!

WarLocke posted:

This Wednesday!

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

WarLocke posted:

This Wednesday:neckbeard:.

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
God why do I like this show so much? I binged through seasons 1 and 2 during a single weekend when I was sick and even though sometimes it's really goofy I just don't care. I didn't even like Green Arrow outside of his Justice League Unlimited appearances.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WarLocke
Jun 6, 2004

You are being watched. :allears:

The Lord Bude posted:

This Wednesday:neckbeard:.

Oh god two more days then.

Roy on Miracle or whatever that derivative is is going to be intense. :flashfap:

• Locked thread