Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Jett posted:

what were the dickgirls being accused of, anyway?

Being dickgirls?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athletic Footjob
Sep 24, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Jett posted:

what were the dickgirls being accused of, anyway?

Being regular girls.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

PHIZ KALIFA posted:

The really stupid thing here is that it's not the same artist at all, actually.

I know right? It's obviously the art done by the author of Giant Black Mandingo Cocklords

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

pathetic little tramp posted:

I know right? It's obviously the art done by the author of Giant Black Mandingo Cocklords

Is that .com, or .net? Just wondering.

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib

Bad Munki posted:

They got a deal with godaddy and they're on the hot new .co train :cool:

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

pathetic little tramp posted:

They got a deal with godaddy and they're on the hot new .co train :cool:

They would have to be registered in the Cook Islands domain to score the primo URL.

ostrich160
Jan 8, 2014
I love going on the video games section on kickstarter and just scrolling all the way down until I hit that sweet spot, but since I miss alot of other poo poo this thread is so entertaining

Aside from the obvious reasons why this is awful, lets see what we get for $1000

"Thank you card, two sauces, two rubs, t-shirt and $100 worth your choice of any of our products."
I'm assuming the rubs should be ribs, so overall $1000 gets you 2 ribs, some sauce, a thank you card and about 40 pieces of chicken.

EDIT: Turns out rubs are a thing, unless the woman on the video just has trouble pronouncing and spelling ribs.

ostrich160 has a new favorite as of 00:16 on Jan 10, 2014

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ostrich160 posted:

I love going on the video games section on kickstarter and just scrolling all the way down until I hit that sweet spot, but since I miss alot of other poo poo this thread is so entertaining

Aside from the obvious reasons why this is awful, lets see what we get for $1000

"Thank you card, two sauces, two rubs, t-shirt and $100 worth your choice of any of our products."
I'm assuming the rubs should be ribs, so overall $1000 gets you 2 ribs, some sauce, a thank you card and about 40 pieces of chicken.

No, it's two rubs :wink:

ostrich160
Jan 8, 2014

TheJoker138 posted:

No, it's two rubs :wink:

Well there you go, today I learn about the existence of rubs.

SSJ_naruto_2003
Oct 12, 2012

ostrich160 posted:

It's the stuff you put on barbecue before you smoke it to make it taste good.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ostrich160 posted:

I was just making a hand beezy joke. I didn't know they were a real thing either.

Nnep
Jun 17, 2007

3-2 2-0
a rub is like a blend of spices you rub onto meat you uncultured swine

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
That doesn't make sense, why can't I rub the meat of a cultured swine?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

Young Freud posted:

To be honest, someone else mentioned this in a PYF fan-art thread. Schimdt or whoever did some prettyifying fanart of Daria and someone brought up Innocent Dickgirls.

Also, 4chan.

Very much 4chan. It's definitely him though unless someone would like to provide censored samples for comparison. I don't think a lot of new work came out of IDG recently so I guess he's trying to go legit.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

Bad Munki posted:

.org (asm)

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

steinrokkan posted:

That doesn't make sense, why can't I rub the meat of a cultured swine?

They'll have you arrested for it. "Resisting Arrest" has a very low burden of proof.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc

Xelkelvos posted:

I don't think a lot of new work came out of IDG recently so I guess he's trying to go legit.
why do you know this

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.

Young Freud posted:

They would have to be registered in the Cook Islands domain to score the primo URL.

quote:

Registrations are within these second-level categories:
  • .co.ck: business organisations

vv: I was too tired for jokes

Elysiume has a new favorite as of 04:22 on Jan 11, 2014

sub supau
Aug 28, 2007

good job pro joke-getter

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

youll always be so sleepy when youre this tiny *plompf*
And with that, my history has to not just be deleted, but burned forever.

Anyway, some guy thinks that any of this is actually funny or well-designed.

I also like that photo of him right there on the side. Can't he just go to Zazzle or something?

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012

theflyingorc posted:

why do you know this

Because 4chan.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Noyemi K posted:

And with that, my history has to not just be deleted, but burned forever.

Anyway, some guy thinks that any of this is actually funny or well-designed.

I also like that photo of him right there on the side. Can't he just go to Zazzle or something?

Even if they were funny, I'll never understand the appeal of joke t-shirts to anybody who's worn them. Half a dozen people a day telling you the same joke gets old so loving fast you can't believe it.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I'm just not a fan of shirts with a text joke on them. I think a t-shirt design should be able to be appreciated at a glance, because a glance is what most people are going to be getting of it.

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

I just don't like wearing shirts with non-abstract designs on them in general. Or shirts for that matter.

after hearing that his father was killed Kyle sets out to take the law in his own hands. Its up to Jones to keep him in line.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Elysiume posted:

vv: I was too tired for jokes

Elysiume hosed around with this message at Jan 10, 2014 around 22:22

i mean at this point u shoulda just posted lol

het
Nov 14, 2002

A dark black past
is my most valued
possession

Noyemi K posted:

I just don't like wearing shirts with non-abstract designs on them in general. Or shirts for that matter.

after hearing that his father was killed Kyle sets out to take the law in his own hands. Its up to Jones to keep him in line.
Hahaha the $500 reward of "you get a one-day ticket to the nearest theme park to you" is one I haven't seen before

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
i was driving through shitsville oklahoma and saw a kickstarter advertised in the local paper so here it is

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thumptheheart/adonis-and-the-silver-city-a-novel-started-on-a-tr?ref=live

quote:

Adonis is the only human who has not had genetic training in 2050. The son of an exiled Scientist, Adonis lives in poverty and is content with his life. He has no idea he has a rare gene that the scientists in his home city need. His gene is the answer to their problem. The government research teams need his gene to create a super race of humans. An Elite race. Adonis is the missing piece of the puzzle.

When he discovers the government's plot against him and his father, he runs. He is on the run with several of his men. He is running out of time. He must take a train through the wasteland of America to reach a mythical city. The Silver City is a myth, a legend of lost people looking for a shining light in the darkness. Can Adonis find the city? Can he save his father? Can he do it before the government finds him? With the help of a super computer, a youth that speaks to animals and several followers, can Adonis find the city in time to save the human population and the world?

Young Freud
Nov 26, 2006

crowfeathers posted:

i was driving through shitsville oklahoma and saw a kickstarter advertised in the local paper so here it is

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/thumptheheart/adonis-and-the-silver-city-a-novel-started-on-a-tr?ref=live

I just read that and it's a thinly-veiled attempt at fund-my-vacation. I think I've gotten to the point that anytime I see that the author needs to go somewhere for research, I assume this automatically.

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Young Freud posted:

I just read that and it's a thinly-veiled attempt at fund-my-vacation. I think I've gotten to the point that anytime I see that the author needs to go somewhere for research, I assume this automatically.

unsurprisingly the ad mentioned that she plans to finish it anyway and this is just for further "inspiration"

which means money to ride the train the gently caress around

Noyemi K
Dec 9, 2012

het posted:

Hahaha the $500 reward of "you get a one-day ticket to the nearest theme park to you" is one I haven't seen before

All of the rewards give the impression he was like "oh, great, this part".

E: VV It's almost like he didn't think through his $200,000 magnum opus at all! VV

Noyemi K has a new favorite as of 01:03 on Jan 13, 2014

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

Noyemi K posted:

quote:

As with every film there are many things that delay production. The weather could stop filming at some points. Our equipment could break, which would force us to have to get more. Other obstacles we could face is our cast could not show up for filming. Sometime we might have to reshoot some scenes if and when the shots don't turn out right.

Some risks and challenges are we don't know how to take care of our stuff, our relatives might sleep in instead of showing up for filming, and there's an ever so slight chance we won't nail every single shot on the first take

sluggo is mad
Jan 14, 2012

Buglord

crowfeathers posted:

so, everyone in 2050 is a geneticist except Adonis who's poor and stupid and therefore happy. so future people want his "poor and stupid gene" so they can make happier people?

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

sluggo is mad posted:

so, everyone in 2050 is a geneticist except Adonis who's poor and stupid and therefore happy. so future people want his "poor and stupid gene" so they can make happier people?

The author is glad he's just an Epsilon.

google THIS
Oct 17, 2005

sluggo is mad posted:

Hopefully the gene came from his mother's side or they're pretty stupid too for not just getting it from his dad.

Also haha, you have to pledge at the $100 level to actually get the book.

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

Sestero did not write The Disaster Artist, it's not true! It's bullshit! He did not write it!
*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/870792045/lowriders-game

"Show it off to your Frineds"

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/328798118/inturducing-a-creative-new-look-with-party-perfect?ref=discovery

"Inturducing A creative new look with party Perfect Hats"

$50 will get you two hats. Oh, you want three hats? That'll be $100.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/833129752/u-tease-renaming-the-meaning-of-underwear-fun-wear

A women's shirt that's made to look like it's a pair of gross men's underpants? loving brilliant.

Five Cent Deposit has a new favorite as of 03:13 on Jan 14, 2014

UrbanLabyrinth
Jan 28, 2009

When my eyes were stabbed by the flash of a neon light
That split the night
And touched the sound of silence

College Slice
http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1708183094/living-life-on-lifes-terms-every-decission-has-con?ref=category

"Just like Grand Theft Auto this will be Newtons Craddle Effect of life showing good decissions verses bad decissions and the way you life follows the decissions you make good and bad till you eventually expire or die then see the final results of all those decissions you made.Yes it will be starring YOU and your life now, you are the star yes the main character."

Five Cent Deposit
Jun 5, 2005

Sestero did not write The Disaster Artist, it's not true! It's bullshit! He did not write it!
*throws water bottle*
He did nahhhhht.

Oh hi, Greg.

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1708183094/living-life-on-lifes-terms-every-decission-has-con?ref=category

"Just like Grand Theft Auto this will be Newtons Craddle Effect of life showing good decissions verses bad decissions and the way you life follows the decissions you make good and bad till you eventually expire or die then see the final results of all those decissions you made.Yes it will be starring YOU and your life now, you are the star yes the main character."

Holy gently caress that video is amazing.

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UrbanLabyrinth posted:

What the gently caress does any of this mean? $500 for a copy of the game? :psyduck:

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Manuel Calavera posted:

What the gently caress does any of this mean? $500 for a copy of the game? :psyduck:

it means we've found chris roberts's backup plan

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Autechresaint
Jan 25, 2012

Manuel Calavera posted:

FREE copy of the game.