Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Heeeeeeere we go.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

I thought from the three smokestacks that Jason was at the Waterfront in Pittsburgh, which is just a commercial district over the remains of where the Homestead strikes took place.
Ah the Homestead strike, the reason I'll never have respect for Carnegie.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Oh My loving God.

Not another drat Pizza thing.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Oh this.

I've had pizza was was so full of toppings and cheese that it was impossible to eat with your hand, unless you wanted crap all down your hand.

Is Staten Island part of NYC?

twistedmentat fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Jan 14, 2014

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

twistedmentat posted:

Oh this.

I've had pizza was was so full of toppings and cheese that it was impossible to eat with your hand, unless you wanted crap all down your hand.

It's all about the proper NY fold.

I'm not even from NY, and generally hate most things about it, but drat if they don't know their pizza and the proper way to eat said pizza.

Any toppings/cheese that do slough off are then picked up and eaten on their own.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Don't wear a suit while eating pizza. Problem solved.

twistedmentat posted:

Is Staten Island part of NYC?
I wish it weren't.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

DrBouvenstein posted:

It's all about the proper NY fold.

I'm not even from NY, and generally hate most things about it, but drat if they don't know their pizza and the proper way to eat said pizza.

Any toppings/cheese that do slough off are then picked up and eaten on their own.

Hence the see through orange stains. Pizza from just the street lever places you get slices from, that works, but homemade, maybe I just put too much on mine.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

I want to watch the entire interview of DeBlasio's pizza consumption approach.

Amused to Death
Aug 10, 2009

google "The Night Witches", and prepare for :stare:
Bill deBlasio is a monster

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Acquilae posted:

Ah the Homestead strike, the reason I'll never have respect for Carnegie.
Compared to his contemporaries, Carnegie is pretty much a saint, I mean the Homestead strikes also occurred when that prick Frick was in charge of US Steel iirc.

That and Carnegie also provided a lot of his wealth to educating the working class with his libraries and funding his museum. Now I'll admit I'm biased as a volunteer in the Carnegie Museum's Paleontology department.

twistedmentat posted:

And this is why we need to get rid of the EPA. They'll just come along and close that plant and lose all those jobs!
And Obama is going to kill the coal industry, not like the natural gas industry is also contributing to that. Also we need to frack more!!!

No.1 Special posted:

Oh My loving God.

Not another drat Pizza thing.
I'll never understand it, sure eating pizza with your hands is fine, but sometimes I like to feel like I'm eating more than I got

Its just one of those things that I don't understand, that and why goons hate putting ketchup on Hotdogs when its superior to every other condiment! :colbert:

achillesforever6 fucked around with this message at 05:21 on Jan 14, 2014

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Oh dear. Evangelicals, gently caress off.

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

achillesforever6 posted:

Compared to his contemporaries, Carnegie is pretty much a saint, I mean the Homestead strikes also occurred when that prick Frick was in charge of US Steel iirc.
Yeah most of the big industrialists were ruthless but taking a vacation to Scotland and letting Frick deal with the strike is basically why Carnegie was my least favorite of them.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Self aware Christians? You might as well look for a ladies man magic player.

Nazi's were gay? Uh yea sure.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Nazi's were gay? Uh yea sure.

Ernst Rohm and a significant number of SA officers were. It was part of the reason for Hitler's purge during the Night of the Long Knives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-strange-strange-story_b_136697.html

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Acquilae posted:

Yeah most of the big industrialists were ruthless but taking a vacation to Scotland and letting Frick deal with the strike is basically why Carnegie was my least favorite of them.
I do find it funny, that if he were alive today he would probably be lambasted by the Right Wing Media for the philosophies that he had and his "Gospel of Wealth" would probably be laughed at.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Evangelical Christianity is a hateful, spiteful, materialistic perversion of actual Christianity.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

comes along bort posted:

Ernst Rohm and a significant number of SA officers were. It was part of the reason for Hitler's purge during the Night of the Long Knives.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/johann-hari/the-strange-strange-story_b_136697.html

Yea, I knew all about it, but looking up that book, it says that everyone in the upper tiers of the Nazi party were all gays and that is why they did so much bad stuff, because gay = bad. Any actual persecution of gays was just to gay men who acted too fem.

Oh god, Stoners are the most unfunny people.

Huhuh 420!

EDIT: They are not the worst, evangelical Christians are.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

Y-Hat posted:

Evangelical Christianity is a hateful, spiteful, materialistic perversion of actual Christianity.
Then there is prosperity gospel which is just :psyboom:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

Oh you Colorado potheads :allears:

If I was the CEO of :911: Freedom Industries :911: I would have had a sip of bottled water during an interview and look :smuggo: too

Acquilae fucked around with this message at 05:35 on Jan 14, 2014

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, I knew all about it, but looking up that book, it says that everyone in the upper tiers of the Nazi party were all gays and that is why they did so much bad stuff, because gay = bad. Any actual persecution of gays was just to gay men who acted too fem.

Ah gotcha.

I guess the irony is the more homophobic right wingers tend to be gay themselves and act the way they do as a form of overcompensation.

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011

Y-Hat posted:

Because it needs to be repeated.

Also this West Virgina thing is hosed up on all levels.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

This guy sure is a shitbird.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Hey shithead, the US wouldn't be having that problem if you and your buddies didn't invade it!

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Feels like it's been awhile since we had a Word.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

If only we had elected McCain and committed to 100 Years In Iraq :allears:

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

We wouldn't have had a WW2 if we didn't end WW1, that's just math :allears:

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Is this about where they shove ads into the background of reruns of TV shows? That's not particularly new, is it?

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Ah the Free Market. Making everything lovely.

It's like St Patricks day.

get that OUT of my face
Feb 10, 2007

Wait, retroactive ads?

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

Y-Hat posted:

Wait, retroactive ads?

http://splitsider.com/2011/07/background-ads-for-zookeeper-digitally-inserted-into-reruns-of-how-i-met-your-mother/

BigRed0427
Mar 23, 2007

There's no one I'd rather be than me.

Y-Hat posted:

Wait, retroactive ads?

Yep. Wave of the future dude.

%100 electronic!

No.1 Special
Apr 4, 2011
Jesus Christ Stephen.

404GoonNotFound
Aug 6, 2006

The McRib is back!?!?
Stephen's starting the Saints Row V ad campaign a bit early.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I lost it at "it is a telescope?"

Acquilae
May 15, 2013

:laffo: I love how everything is green screened.

Remember: the U.S. spends more on advertising than education(source: my macroecon teacher).

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Acquilae posted:

:laffo: I love how everything is green screened.

Remember: the U.S. spends more on advertising than education(source: my macroecon teacher).

The cereal itself was all green too. I bet someone spent a few hours picking out every single green Froot Loop from a few boxes.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

Kibayasu posted:

The cereal itself was all green too. I bet someone spent a few hours picking out every single green Froot Loop from a few boxes.

And so was the milk, hence my St Patricks day comment. Maybe it was Apple Jacks? They're green right?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal

twistedmentat posted:

And so was the milk, hence my St Patricks day comment. Maybe it was Apple Jacks? They're green right?

Half green, half orange.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

twistedmentat posted:

Oh yeah, I haven't head Apple Jacks in near two decades, that would probably be easier. I would think that just adding green colouring to milk would work so that's pretty easy, I was just amused by someone spending an hour painstakingly separating differently coloured children's cereal for a two second bit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I really love the Frontline voice.

• Locked thread