Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

dwarf74 posted:

Tiny Epic Kingdoms seems to look pretty fun.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/coe/tiny-epic-kingdoms?ref=home_popular

I'm in for $24

The art is atrocious, but everything else about it looks pretty solid. I can see jumping in on it later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lilljonas
May 6, 2007

We got crabs? We got crabs!

Gravy Train Robber posted:

The art is atrocious, but everything else about it looks pretty solid. I can see jumping in on it later.

Well, they say it's only placeholder art that might change during the production.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Queen Games are doing a Kickstarter for a Big Box edition of Fresco. Pledge options include the chance to pick up Amerigo, Via Appia or the Big Box Alhambra along with Fresco for a cut price rate.

It's a worker placement game where you have to restore a cathedral ceiling with the aid of your apprentices. The earlier you get them up in the morning the unhappier they become and the more expensive it is to buy paint, but of course you get first chance to act. I had a chance to play it with a friend yesterday and enjoyed it a lot. I managed to get the last $60 Early Bird, but there's a $65 Mid-Morning Bird level still open.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Jedit posted:

Pledge options include the chance to pick up Amerigo, Via Appia or the Big Box Alhambra along with Fresco for a cut price rate.

quote:

ALL OTHER COUNTRIES

Please add $60 for shipping and handling charges.

:suicide:

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
Got my copy of Rivet Wars yesterday. Goddamn is it nicely made.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Define "all other countries". Shipping is free to Germany, Holland and the US, and $15 to the rest of Europe.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

Jedit posted:

Define "all other countries". Shipping is free to Germany, Holland and the US, and $15 to the rest of Europe.

Some of us live in Australia. Can't imagine anyone from here will back it with those shipping charges, even the expensive game stores will stock it for less than $125 USD

My many kilogram Deadzone box only cost an additional $15 or somesuch on tp of a base pledge to ship here from the UK, there's no excuse for $60 for one board game.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 02:02 on Jan 13, 2014

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

NTRabbit posted:

Some of us live in Australia. Can't imagine anyone from here will back it with those shipping charges, even the expensive game stores will stock it for less than $125 USD

My many kilogram Deadzone box only cost an additional $15 or somesuch on tp of a base pledge to ship here from the UK, there's no excuse for $60 for one board game.

Parcel up to 5kg to Australia through DHL Germany costs 43 Euro, which is $60.13. Mantic are presumably absorbing a loss to get it out to you.

Gravy Train Robber
Sep 15, 2007

by zen death robot

lilljonas posted:

Well, they say it's only placeholder art that might change during the production.

Thats definitely a good sign. I mean, I hope they see a stretch goal that is "commission some sweet art". As it stands though, I'm liking everything I'm seeing, especially the quite small size of it. I travel so often it'd be nice to have something relatively....portable.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Gravy Train Robber posted:

Thats definitely a good sign. I mean, I hope they see a stretch goal that is "commission some sweet art". As it stands though, I'm liking everything I'm seeing, especially the quite small size of it. I travel so often it'd be nice to have something relatively....portable.
I think the stuff that looks final-ish is indeed final. For example, the valkyries preview notes that the art was commissioned. The print and play version has placeholders, though.

I dunno, I think it's good enough at least. Same caliber as Dungeon Roll, one of my favorite KS games.

Germ
May 7, 2013

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Got my copy of Rivet Wars yesterday. Goddamn is it nicely made.

Yup. Very good looking game. Fun to play, as well. Personally, I'm pleased as punch they pre-assembled those minis.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
Heard about this through a friend:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroforge/customizable-3d-printed-tabletop-miniatures

Not a miniatures guy, but thought it might be of some interest. The models seem pretty nice if they can actually deliver.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

Bobo the Red posted:

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/heroforge/customizable-3d-printed-tabletop-miniatures

Not a miniatures guy, but thought it might be of some interest. The models seem pretty nice if they can actually deliver.
Yeah, neat, but I'm getting serious sticker shock. I'd rather use a close-enough mini or something like a washer than spend $30 per figure...

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Bobo the Red posted:

Huh. I feel like I've seen a kickstarter like this before.

In any case, the actual printing is done by Shapeways, so this KS is really for funding their software character-builder tool, as far as I can tell from a quick skim.

The minimum cost for one custom mini seems to be $20. Thats... well, I don't know if that's a lot, compared to other custom mini options (are there any?) but it's a whoollle lot compared to regular miniature options. Then if you want two, it's somehow $60, and so on... they throw in a lot of other crap I don't care about, so the best value remains with the lowest-level pledge, and I think that's problematic for their KS.

JerryLee
Feb 4, 2005

THE RESERVED LIST! THE RESERVED LIST! I CANNOT SHUT UP ABOUT THE RESERVED LIST!
At a glance, that's a really nice service if they can lower the price point, but $20+ will buy a lot of Bones to use as the base or parts for a conversion... and those are Kickstarter prices, so I can only assume the retail will be worse. It feels like the sort of thing I'll be using in a couple more years once the market drives the price down, if it does.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
Woo Machine of Death arrived, super faster than I expected to be honest.

If only my board game group wasn't still completely in love with munchkin and CAH despite my best efforts...

Out of all the released shipped kickstarters, I'm only waiting on Ehdrigohr and Last Stand's physical shipments.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

^^ Woo my copy of Machine of Death is on vehicle for delivery :woop:

Leperflesh posted:

Huh. I feel like I've seen a kickstarter like this before.

In any case, the actual printing is done by Shapeways, so this KS is really for funding their software character-builder tool, as far as I can tell from a quick skim.

The minimum cost for one custom mini seems to be $20. Thats... well, I don't know if that's a lot, compared to other custom mini options (are there any?) but it's a whoollle lot compared to regular miniature options. Then if you want two, it's somehow $60, and so on... they throw in a lot of other crap I don't care about, so the best value remains with the lowest-level pledge, and I think that's problematic for their KS.

At $20 + $15 shipping it's cheaper than the $25 + $45 shipping of a single figure from the other project you're probably thinking of, but it doesn't scale as well: $60 + $15 gets you two and $100 + $15 gets you 6 in low detail, compared to $70 + $45 for 10 in high detail.

Not the cheapest stuff, but custom prints never are.

NTRabbit fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Jan 14, 2014

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

I got my Machine of Death in the mail over the weekend. I had somehow forgotten just how many cards there are if you got the base set + all the expansions. Fortunately I can't imagine a situation where you would end up using ALL the cards except for maybe a marathon play session of multiple games.

grassy gnoll
Aug 27, 2006

The pawsting business is tough work.

Cassa posted:

Woo Machine of Death arrived, super faster than I expected to be honest.

If only my board game group wasn't still completely in love with munchkin and CAH despite my best efforts...

Out of all the released shipped kickstarters, I'm only waiting on Ehdrigohr and Last Stand's physical shipments.

I got my copies of both games a while back. Are you pledged at a pretty high tier, or not in Murica?

Goredema
Oct 16, 2013

RUIN EVERYTHING

Fun Shoe

Kwyndig posted:

I got my Machine of Death in the mail over the weekend. I had somehow forgotten just how many cards there are if you got the base set + all the expansions. Fortunately I can't imagine a situation where you would end up using ALL the cards except for maybe a marathon play session of multiple games.
I hadn't realized how nice the cards were going to be. The whole game turned out very nicely, and the more I think about the rules the more I think this will be a great game for people who don't normally like highly competitive games.

Cassa
Jan 29, 2009
For real, love the grimy aesthetic of the death cards. Definitely doing the kill QC characters mission at some point, except poor Hannelore.

Desty posted:

I got my copies of both games a while back. Are you pledged at a pretty high tier, or not in Murica?

:australia: Its pretty sucky for kickstarters.

Actually I should double check Ehdrigohr.

Cassa fucked around with this message at 11:07 on Jan 14, 2014

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

bitches

So many cards, and just in time too, ordered this after consulting with friends as we walked into an Adelaide Fringe show, and we're just now planning what we're seeing this year. Can't wait to get a game going!

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

I got all my Machine of Death cards in the base box, save for the Webcomics Pals. Those are going to Comic-Con. Gonna get them signed.

Bobo the Red
Aug 14, 2004
Lay off the marmot
My only issue with Machine of Death is that the Story War promo card that came in its own envelope is really different from the other cards. Slightly different size, different material... Oh well. Still pretty excited. Hopefully it will belong with Coup in my Kickstarter success story shelf.

Also sitting on Euphoria (which came with way too many of some pieces and not enough of others) and Shadows over the Empire (which I had completely forgotten about but actually seems neat).

8one6
May 20, 2012

When in doubt, err on the side of Awesome!

So this just launched a few minutes ago and I'm pretty excited about it: Iron Edda: War of Metal and Bone.
It's a Fate-Core based Norse mecha setting where warriors bond themselves to the bones of giants to fight dwarven mecha. I interviewed the designer for my podcast and he has done a lot of planning and work on this. He has lined up a ton of fantastic designers for stretch goals like Paul Stefko, Cam Banks, and Joel Sparks. I especially like the way he's handling scale. And it has some great art.

Bieeanshee
Aug 21, 2000

Not keen on keening.

Grimey Drawer
Oh, they're expanding that into a full-blown book? Cool! I was a little disappointed that Iron Edda only got a few pages at the end of that other one whose name escapes me. Or something really, really similar that was in a big mecha book I pledged for. gently caress, I need sleep.

TheLawinator
Apr 13, 2012

Competence on the battlefield is a myth. The side which screws up next to last wins, it's as simple as that.

Tracy Barnett is a pretty cool dude and has a ton of good ideas for Iron Edda.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord

8one6 posted:

It's a Fate-Core based Norse mecha setting where warriors bond themselves to the bones of giants to fight dwarven mecha.
Backed so loving hard.

Kilo147
Apr 14, 2007

You remind me of the boss
What boss?
The boss with the power
What power?
The power of voodoo
Who-doo?
You do.
Do what?
Remind me of the Boss.

Bobo the Red posted:

My only issue with Machine of Death is that the Story War promo card that came in its own envelope is really different from the other cards. Slightly different size, different material... Oh well. Still pretty excited. Hopefully it will belong with Coup in my Kickstarter success story shelf.

Also sitting on Euphoria (which came with way too many of some pieces and not enough of others) and Shadows over the Empire (which I had completely forgotten about but actually seems neat).

They were made before the finalized cards were in production. Those style were promos at PAX for backers or purchasers of Story War.

dwarf74
Sep 2, 2012

Buglord
The apparently-contentious Earthdawn 4e kickstarter is up.

$30 pdfs. Sigh. I'm backing at that level ... for now. But it's likely I'll either bump that to $60 for the softcovers, or down to $1 for nothing.

I'll be watching the updates for news about how much actual new stuff there will be. If there's not enough, I'll back out; I don't want to spend $30 on reprints of stuff I've bought three times already over 20 years. Rules tweaks or no rules tweaks.

The lack of even rudimentary stretch goals and the bland project page are both making me leery, too.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice
FASA still exists? I thought they got eaten by catalyst.

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Cassa posted:

Last Stand's physical shipments.

PM Mikan and see if he can help you with shipping info - all of the Last Stand books should have been shipped by now.

No Pun Intended
Jul 23, 2007

DWARVEN SEX OFFENDER

ASK ME ABOUT TONING MY FINE ASS DWARVEN BOOTY BY RUNNING FROM THE COPS OUTSIDE THAT ELF KINDERGARTEN

BEHOLD THE DONG OF THE DWARVES! THE DWARVEN DONG IS COMING!

8one6 posted:

So this just launched a few minutes ago and I'm pretty excited about it: Iron Edda: War of Metal and Bone.
It's a Fate-Core based Norse mecha setting where warriors bond themselves to the bones of giants to fight dwarven mecha.

I was sold solely on the bolded description . Backed it for the $15 PDF.

InShaneee
Aug 11, 2006

Cleanse them. Cleanse the world of their ignorance and sin. Bathe them in the crimson of ... am I on speakerphone?
Fun Shoe

8one6 posted:

I thought this sounded familiar. Turns out the guy running this also did a chapter for the Apotheosis Drive X kickstarter that used the same concept. Not sure how much material was in there (it's 5 months behind schedule now), but I'm sure his own kickstarter is going to be expanded on enough to make it worthwhile (I know I'll be pledging).

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Lemon Curdistan posted:

PM Mikan and see if he can help you with shipping info - all of the Last Stand books should have been shipped by now.

Mine still haven't shown up either.

Mikan
Sep 5, 2007

by Radium

Humbug Scoolbus posted:

Mine still haven't shown up either.

I would have been happy to send you replacement copies with the latest batch if I knew you hadn't received yours; I sent out three replacements this morning to folks who got in touch with me.

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

FASA still exists? I thought they got eaten by catalyst.

They did, it's just that it was in all but name.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

NuclearPotato posted:

They did, it's just that it was in all but name.

So, wait, do they still have the rights to the shadowrun setting? And if not, how are they going to do Earthdawn?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.
My Machine of Death game arrived! :)

I gotta say it looks awfully snazzy. Time to play.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NuclearPotato
Oct 27, 2011

Mystic Mongol posted:

So, wait, do they still have the rights to the shadowrun setting? And if not, how are they going to do Earthdawn?

Topps didn't buy the rights to Earthdawn or the FASA name. Catalyst, then FanPro, was pretty much started up by ex-FASA employees specifically so they could continue to work on the Battletech and Shadowrun properties, if I remember right.

• Locked thread