Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Mimir
Nov 26, 2012

Source: Judge Dredd, The Complete Case Files Vol. 1

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Majuju
Dec 30, 2006

I had a beer with Stephen Miller once and now I like him.
I am not familiar with the Dredd comic depiction - does he always have a bifocal visor like that?

AkumaHokoru
Jul 20, 2007

Majuju posted:

I am not familiar with the Dredd comic depiction - does he always have a bifocal visor like that?

no it varies with the dread.

kujeger
Feb 19, 2004

OH YES HA HA
The Complete Case Files Vol. 1 also contains the very first Dredd comics -- his appearence shifted a bit after that.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

Don't know the source, just saw it on The Internet.

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!

redbackground posted:

Don't know the source, just saw it on The Internet.

Tinyeye claims it's from here: http://theoldreader.com/profile/Toasterstrudel

But I'll be damned if I spotted it there, the page is loading funny for me.

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.

Wade Wilson posted:

Tinyeye claims it's from here: http://theoldreader.com/profile/Toasterstrudel

But I'll be damned if I spotted it there, the page is loading funny for me.

It's Made by ABVH.

He also made some creepy ones with Batman and Joker.
http://madebyabvh.tumblr.com/post/68780255901/some-of-mine-batman-joker-gifs-in-one-place

And, well, there's a ton on there.

Gygaxian
May 29, 2013
Is Shortpacked alright to post as long as it features a comic book character in a funny situation?

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Gygaxian posted:

Is Shortpacked alright to post as long as it features a comic book character in a funny situation?

I think so, so when you find one go ahead and post it.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Gygaxian posted:

How slow do you have to be at making jokes when you're beaten by Watchmen?

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

He already pissed himself thirty five minutes ago?

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
Batman can't put a piss flap in the batsuit because while it might grant him the much-needed ability to urinate, it opens up an unacceptable weakness to Catwoman and Talia in particular (in addition to Batgirl, Diana, Zatanna, Jezebel Jet [since she'd have a new head thanks to the reboot], Silver St. Cloud, Peyton Riley, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, etc., etc., etc.).

The Bat Chastity Briefs ensure that the world doesn't explode because Bruce is too busy clearing his pipes.

"Superman to Batman, we need your help!"

"Sorry, Kal - I just realized that when mischievously good and evil women want to chase you generally it's just a good idea to let them catch you every once in a while. Batman *out*."

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:47 on Jan 14, 2014

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

It's Batman. You know he has a bat-urine-collection-system.

Yvonmukluk
Oct 10, 2012

Everything is Sinister

MikeJF posted:

It's Batman. You know he has a bat-urine-collection-system.

A Batheter.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

BIG HEADLINE posted:

Batman can't put a piss flap in the batsuit because while it might grant him the much-needed ability to urinate, it opens up an unacceptable weakness to Catwoman and Talia in particular (in addition to Batgirl, Diana, Zatanna, Jezebel Jet [since she'd have a new head thanks to the reboot], Silver St. Cloud, Peyton Riley, Harley Quinn, Poison Ivy, etc., etc., etc.).

The Bat Chastity Briefs ensure that the world doesn't explode because Bruce is too busy clearing his pipes.

"Superman to Batman, we need your help!"

"Sorry, Kal - I just realized that when mischievously good and evil women want to chase you generally it's just a good idea to let them catch you every once in a while. Batman *out*."

Batman is definitely the superhero comic which would be easiest to turn into a lighthearted sex comedy.

Wheat Loaf
Feb 13, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Put a flap in the front and it's only a matter of time before he puts one in the back.

And you know what that means.

Batman would have to sit down.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Metal Loaf posted:

Put a flap in the front and it's only a matter of time before he puts one in the back.

And you know what that means.

Batman would have to sit down.

He could just Bat Squat. He's got the pose down from all that type he spends up on gargoyles.

d00gZ
Oct 12, 2002

Original Sin Murderer
Wild Guess #627
Edward Snowden

"My sole motive is to inform the public as to that which is done in their name and that which is done against them."

Yvonmukluk posted:

A Batheter.

:golfclap:

Jazzbone
Oct 12, 2012

From Superman/Batman #44.

Fuego Fish
Dec 5, 2004

By tooth and claw!

Lobok posted:

He could just Bat Squat. He's got the pose down from all that type he spends up on gargoyles.

Ah, so that explains all the training he did in Japan.

notthegoatseguy
Sep 6, 2005

Jazzbone posted:

From Superman/Batman #44.

Is the reason Superman blurry because he's "always in motion" or some poo poo? I thought that was just a fan-theory of how no one can make the obvious Clark Kent-Superman connection since he doesn't wear a mask.

redbackground
Sep 24, 2007

BEHOLD!
OPTIC BLAST!
Grimey Drawer

notthegoatseguy posted:

Is the reason Superman blurry because he's "always in motion" or some poo poo? I thought that was just a fan-theory of how no one can make the obvious Clark Kent-Superman connection since he doesn't wear a mask.
It's just showing him zooming into place, that's all.

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

notthegoatseguy posted:

If by fan-theory, you mean "it was referenced by John Byrne when he wrote the Man of Steel Reboot in the 80's" then yeah, that's a fan-theory.

As for the Bat-urination thread, I could swear there is a mention of this in one of the Batbooks, some time post No Man's Land. I'm going to read through my Bat collection and see if I can find it.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

The Question IRL posted:

If by fan-theory, you mean "it was referenced by John Byrne when he wrote the Man of Steel Reboot in the 80's" then yeah, that's a fan-theory.

As for the Bat-urination thread, I could swear there is a mention of this in one of the Batbooks, some time post No Man's Land. I'm going to read through my Bat collection and see if I can find it.

Kevin Smith made Batman piss himself. Never forget, never forgive.

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.

VanSandman posted:

Dude's really obsessed with superhero dongs. Remember Mallrats?

Action Tortoise fucked around with this message at 19:04 on Jan 14, 2014

Hwurmp
May 20, 2005

Action Tortoise posted:

Dude's really obsessed with superhero dongs. Remember Mallrats?

He'll grow out of it.

prezbuluskey
Jul 23, 2007
A life, Jimmy, you know what that is? It's the shit that happens while you're waiting for moments that never come.
Cmon, the issue isn't how Superman gets away without a mask, but how Batman pees.

Cornwind Evil
Dec 14, 2004

The undisputed world champion of wrestling effortposting

VanSandman posted:

I thought it made him lose control of his bowels?

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

DV8 #1.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

notthegoatseguy posted:

Wasn't that the excuse for Golden Age Flash like, 70 years ago?

Action Tortoise
Feb 18, 2012

A wolf howls.
I know how he feels.
Frank Quitely's the only artist who's convinced me that Superman and Clark Kent could be separate people.

EDIT: Better example

Content: From Deadpool 10

SpOck needs to learn how to banter like Peter.

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
So Deadpool obviously knows about what's going on with Spock.

Alien Rope Burn
Dec 5, 2004

I wanna be a saikyo HERO!

Action Tortoise posted:

Frank Quitely's the only artist who's convinced me that Superman and Clark Kent could be separate people.

One of the things that's been lost - and for valid reasons, mind - is that the Golden Age Clark Kent put off the demeanor of being as cowardly and meek as Superman was bold and brave. That's been lost over the years, to the point their personalities aren't particularly different at all, just the means with which they solve problems.

Kellsterik
Mar 30, 2012
That's a great page, I can hear the false enthusiasm on "my pal, the amazing spider-man!"

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

WickedHate posted:

But doesn't reveal it to anyone because clearly it's more fun to periodically torment Spock during team-ups.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

WickedHate posted:

When Deadpool finally snapped and killed...well, *everything* in Deadpool Kills the Marvel Universe, when Xavier attacked/probed his mind he suffered an immediate aneurysm and braindeath from what he saw (presumably *infinite* multi-dimensional insanity). Deadpool is Marvel's *reeeeally* hosed up Batman - when he puts his mind(s) to something, he can accomplish anything (which is why finding out he has/had a kid and that it's probably dead *wrecked* him for a few issues), he's unkillable (Punisher tried something like 20+ different exotic deaths in Punisher Kills the Marvel Universe including cutting him up into ~50 pieces and burying them all in separate places), and seems to have a rigged die for fate rolls because he's been hosed over so many times in his past that he's become immune to both good *and* bad karma. Reality and the fabric of existence hate him so much that anyone who ever gets remotely close to him suffers the slipstream effect of all the lethality and *hatred* targeted at him every minute of every day that he's able to just dust off just to maintain some sort of cosmic balance.

The point being, it's pretty safe to assume Deadpool has the same near-omnipotence about everything and everyone good and evil that the Joker seems to in the DC universe, since Batman's always been in the habit of running poo poo that stumps HIM by an incarcerated Joker every once in a while, and he always seems to know everything about anyone. So yes, he knows about SpOck, probably because he smells SpOck's 'crazy' on Spiderman.

He's a Mary Sue, he knows it, and god help you if he knows you. He's the most powerful *and* the most dangerous character in the Marvel Universe, his only weakness being chimichangas. That Watcher in Deadpool Kills Deadpool loves him because he's the easiest to watch - there's no way to interfere with pure chaos.

BIG HEADLINE fucked around with this message at 12:32 on Jan 15, 2014

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

(Deadpool #0)

RyuujinBlueZ
Oct 9, 2007

WHAT DID YOU DO?!

WickedHate posted:

I assume he read the issue where it first happened, but keeps it to himself because he respects that not everyone wants spoilers.

Zamboni Apocalypse
Dec 29, 2009

RyuujinBlueZ posted:

I assume he read the issue where it first happened, but keeps it to himself because he respects that not everyone wants spoilers.

Deadpool: <insane SpOck explanation>

Everyone else: :pwn:

Deadpool: "Oh, that's right, this was on the recap page."

Everyone else: "Recap page?" :confused:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Daktar
Aug 19, 2008

I done turned 'er head into a slug an' now she's a-stucked!

The Question IRL posted:

Meanwhile over in Gotham City.

So during this Arkham War, the crazies have taken over Gotham in Batman's absence and carved it up into their own little fifedoms. And the regular people of Gotham are paying the price.

Is this not No Man's Land all over again? Seems a bit unoriginal.

• Locked thread