Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
All that is now
All that is gone
All that's to come
and everything under the sun is in tune
but the sun is eclipsed by the gooooon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Shannonmcn posted:

Edit: sorry a dozen swans but white wine is gross and tastes like vinegar always. Is it possible to have a palette overly sensitive towards vinegar? I think I taste it in everything.

You are the worst

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

Had a guest list of 250 of our closest friends and family. My wife just informed me her dress was over 1k(I think I blocked that out). After the rehearsal dinner my best man got drunk and started a bar fight with some random dude(he got beat badly but took off after finding out I was getting married the next day "you man is getting married tomorrow and yer starting this poo poo? I'm outa here"(I was sobbing)) and the only reason we didn't end up in jail was because another groomsmen was good buddies with the cops that cornered us. It was pretty surreal.
When I was driving him home in his own car he jumped out of it while we were doing 25 or so and ran across a park because he was tired of me yelling at him.I gave up and went home. He of course showed up the next day acting completely sober and mentioned he blacked out and woke up on his front porch. He then ruined my plastic trim on my truck by using white shoe polish to write "just married".

In hindsight an Elvis wedding in Las Vegas would have been much less stressful. Plus we could have bought a cheap mustang for what we would have saved. The photos are pretty awesome though.

I didn't tell my wife what happened until after the honeymoon.

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

I'm Shannon and I'm the biggest Idiot Ever!

All Of The Dicks posted:

lol at Catholics being classist against an Episcopalian, just lol

Catholics are classists against everyone. Even other Catholics.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

Who's been filming my morning commute :tinfoil:?

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Well I think this goes without saying.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
every time i see that gif i make a lil scream like i'm the driver of that truck as it goes off the cliff

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Crow Jane posted:

Studworth Manor is probably on the dark side of the moor, though

Didn't see a moor, pretty windy though.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzJSWJKIxoc

They get to Studworth Manor about 23 minutes in.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Spoiler: Not as many studs as you might hope.

Putty
Mar 21, 2013

HOOKED ON THE BROTHERS

shake it girl

The Brown Menace
Dec 24, 2010

Now comes in all colors.

white wine is good with fish or nothing else but a bunch of zesty stuff

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

The Brown Menace posted:

white wine is good with fish or nothing else but a bunch of zesty stuff

I prefer my zesty stuff to be my zesty stuff. Drink water as you eat, drink delicious syrah between and after and always.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
to be fair syrah is some good poo poo

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown
If you can't appreciate a good riesling then just kill yourself

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien

Angela Christine posted:

Spoiler: Not as many studs as you might hope.

I was really disappointed. Really upset

EXTREME INSERTION
Jun 4, 2011

by LadyAmbien
False advertising

teenytinymouse
Aug 3, 2005

Wildlife Analysis posted:

If you can't appreciate a good riesling then just kill yourself

No.

I just drank a bottle of Shiraz and listened to U2's The Joshua Tree and my life is awesome. So therefore my life is the best.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

All Of The Dicks posted:

lol at Catholics being classist against an Episcopalian, just lol

To be fair, the classist poo poo had nought to do with religion and everything to do with the fact that my Dad had what he considered to be a better education and a better income and he didn't think the son of a collision guy could provide for me. My folks were snotty but circumstances and age have softened them. A little.

Edit so I don't sound classist.

poopkitty fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Jan 14, 2014

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Shannonmcn posted:

No.

I just drank a bottle of Shiraz and listened to U2's The Joshua Tree and my life is awesome. So therefore my life is the best.

Face it, you're hollow inside.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
riesling objectively rules. you might even like some of the oakier ones.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
yeah riesling is awesome and I say this as a manly man bottom shelf bourbon drinker

ok the bottom shelf stuff is evan williams which is like the best cheap whiskey ever but the point about riesling stands

Gravitee
Nov 20, 2003

I just put money in the Magic Fingers!
Bourbon is my favorite but during the winter I drink a lot of pinot noir. It's weird how seasonal my drinking is.

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Gravitee posted:

Bourbon is my favorite but during the winter I drink a lot of pinot noir. It's weird how seasonal my drinking is.

If you've never had a horse's neck made with bourbon you should do that. Bourbon, tonic, bitters - that's the entire recipe! Tastes awesome.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
drink pimm's no 1 cup in summer if you can afford it, if not chug cask white wine and beer and kill the rich and roast them on a spit

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
what wine pairing do you recommend vis a vis eating the rich

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
the entire tour de franzia for maximum decadence

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
Last night I has 2 glasses of Argentinian Malbec and then passed out on Mr.Kitty while he was playing AC:Black Flag. I R lightweight. But it was tasty. I miss my SoCal winery, though. I used to buy by the case every fall. Now I have to go to Tokyo to find a store with a decent selection (whose bottles I can read.)

(Usually I drink the ¥400 stuff in the plastic bottle.)

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
my forums name is a variety of cask wine (in australia we call it goon) because i am a lady of class and distinction

also drinking cask wine and smoking a handrolled cigarette irl, pm me if you need a lifecoach sisterfriends

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Fruity Gordo posted:

my forums name is a variety of cask wine (in australia we call it goon) because i am a lady of class and distinction

also drinking cask wine and smoking a handrolled cigarette irl, pm me if you need a lifecoach sisterfriends

If I ever make it to Australia again, I would like to hang out, please. No cigs for me tho. I'm a quitter. But I love me some cask wine. Also gin.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
ABSOLUTELY POOPYCAT I DIG YOU. PLUS GIN RULES

also mad props for quitting, my deadline is 27. i'm turning 26 this year noooooo

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

spirit animal / idol

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

serve chilled :c00lbutt:

also i just posted this in auspol but i doubt any of those MEN will care so i will leave it here as well bc this is a great aussie feminist anthem

http://unionsong.com/u263.html

We're really on the way, girls, really on the way,
Hooray for equal pay, girls, hooray for equal pay,
They're going to give it to most of us, in spite of all their fears
But do they really need to make us wait three years.

Chorus
Don't be too polite girls, don't be too polite,
Show a little fight girls, show a little fight,
Don't be fearful of offending, in case you get the sack
Just recognise your value and we won't look back.

I sew up shirts and trousers in the clothing trade,
Since men don't do the job I can't ask to be better paid
The people at the top rarely offer something more
Unless the people underneath are walking out the door.

They say a man needs more to feed his children and his wife,
Well, what are the needs of a woman who leads a double working life?
When the whistle blows for knock-off it's not her time for fun
She goes home to start the job that's not paid and never done.

Don't be too afraid girls, don't be too afraid,
We're clearly underpaid girls, clearly underpaid,
Tho' equal pay in principle is every woman's right
To turn that into practice, we must show a little fight.

We can't afford to pay you, say the masters in their wrath
But woman says "Just cut your coat according to the cloth"
If the economy won't stand then here's the answer boys,
"Cut out the wild extravagance on the new war toys".

All among the bull girls, all among the bull,
Keep your hearts full girls, keep your hearts full
What good is a man as a doormat, or following at heel?
It's not their balls we're after, it's a fair square deal.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
the aromatic bouquet is your grogbog in the morning

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

That song is fantastic. Sucks that it's from 1969 though; it really shouldn't still be an accurate portrayal of society at all.

Have you tried any of the other boxed drinks that keep appearing? Boxed cosmopolitan was alright, but boxed cs cowboys was a bit rough.

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
I like the boxed wines in the US that are like a juice box, but for me. It's like, 2 bottles, but I just add a straw.

Seriously, I must have been tired last night I can't believe I passed out after 2 glasses.

E: I'm not drinking tonight, because I got a box from Sephora. So I'm playing dress up and buying more. I think I'm in a rabbit hole, please send help.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
when i get new makeup i am like a toddler with a crayon. OH IS THAT SOME SKIN? I WILL COLOUR IT IN AND SEE WHAT HAPPENS OMG IT BCHANGED COLOUR :neckbeard:

Schmetterling posted:

That song is fantastic. Sucks that it's from 1969 though; it really shouldn't still be an accurate portrayal of society at all.

Have you tried any of the other boxed drinks that keep appearing? Boxed cosmopolitan was alright, but boxed cs cowboys was a bit rough.

IKR??!! it's pretty outrageous that this is still a thing. when i read backlash by susan faludi as a teenager i kind of got why poo poo was still poo poo but poo poo shouldn't BE poo poo so we have to keeping fighting poo poo. smash patriarchy with huge fists of womanly fury

i actually haven't tried boxed cocktails, wchich is incredible given my predilection for boxed alcohol. i cant believe cowboy comes in a box that is loving disgusting and perhaps a bridge to far even for me (lol no it isnt nothing is a bridge too far let us prance clumsily along the boxed hooch bridge to nowhere/everywhere)

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 14:39 on Jan 14, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
the really great thing about the lf women's thread was just how much we were able to dive into contemporary feminism and discuss it on a theoretical level and a lay level so most women could understand and participate (esp once girl robot and khamsek got bant) and also just have chats about our experiences of microaggressions, sexual violence and internalised misogyny and predominantly-female forms of self-harm like eating disorders and then also talk about non-political and non-depressing things. what facilitated that was it being a mostly autonomous space but once the stupid male mods decided for us that men should be able to post it just turned into the most enormous clusterfuck and died. this thread is really cool and i'm glad it's here because even though it's not SERIOUS FEMINIST DISCUSSION all the time it's very nice to chill out with other women in a forum and talk about bullshit and important poo poo and be able to tell stupid bros to gently caress off out of this one thread that is not for bros

anyway this has been a nostalgiapost from your friend fruity gordo

e: also obvi this is not going to become autonomous and im not saying that that is the defining feature of a feminist space bc some men are capable of not being revolting bros. lf was a sandpit full of petulant brosephs and insular as gently caress, hence why we had to keep them out. im just reminiscin

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 15:05 on Jan 14, 2014

Schmetterling
Apr 1, 2011

Also some men have puppies and show pictures of them. I enjoy that aspect of this fem thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
come to think of it though, i dont know if we even talked about wage disparity. in lf if you were paid fairly for your labour you were rich scum even though the whole point of marxism is a fair wage for a fair days work. lol

• Locked thread