Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Valatar posted:

Built Latron and Burston Prime, with Mag and Frost Prime in the oven, and found a Dakra blade. :toot:

Now just need to grind T1 exterminates for the blueprint and farm up fifteen cells to make Dakra Prime. :negative:

But I want my multihit gold space saber, so I'm going to do it anyways. They'd better really fix melee in the melee 2.0 thing; I'll be unhappy if the gold space saber's never more than a decoration on my frame's back.

[Edit: Oh, and I think Valkyr sucks fairly hard. The Spiderman power is the only thing she has that's of any real use, her shields are godawful, and her high armor is meaningless. Her scream power just buffs melee speed, her stun power drains her own already-crappy shield reserves to use, and her ultimate isn't bad but is worse than most. Plus the double-V polarity slots are useless on her, so she more or less requires at least one forma straight out of the box.]

The Dakra is actually pretty good. Does an assload of damage if you get in close, just rips things in half. Also looks stylish as gently caress.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Valatar posted:

I'm in the same boat, only have Valkyr to 28 because I just hate using her. The only other frames I haven't built yet are Seryn, Nekros, and Banshee, and thus far I've preferred literally every other frame I've used to Valkyr.

Building a Nekros and then leveling it to 30, let alone twice (god why did I do that?), will change that opinion. Valkyr has flaws, to be sure, but the majority of them are conceptually easy fixes like just bumping up her shields, giving her ult aoe, and relaxing ripline's targeting a bit to make it easier to pull things. Nekros' problems run way deeper.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

limited posted:

One thing does confuse me though, sometimes smaller, blue bars pop up with a random number ( Usually about 60-ish? ) and I have no idea what they are. :psyduck: I know the PS4 version is pretty drat buggy, but it's not consistent enough to be team-mates doing damage.

I also can't hit poo poo half the time with my sword because everything backpedals too fast. :argh:

Those numbers are experience gains. Also ditch the sword for Dual Zorens or a two-hander ASAP.

SilentW
Apr 3, 2009

my It dept hgere is fucking clwonshoes, and as someone hwo used to do IT for 9 years it pains me to see them fbe so terriuble

Valatar posted:

I'm in the same boat, only have Valkyr to 28 because I just hate using her. The only other frames I haven't built yet are Seryn, Nekros, and Banshee, and thus far I've preferred literally every other frame I've used to Valkyr.

Banshee is terrible. No direct damage except her ult, which sucks horribly, Silence is utterly worthless, and Sonar is only useful if you're playing with people on Mumble. Also, 2 V polarity slots mean she is gimped as gently caress without 2 Forma.
Saryn is great, I've heard, and Nekros is of limited utility but owns bones in survival.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
I still need to level my starting Excalibur to 30. I bought the Rhino and never looked back. The only basic frame I have left to build is the Ash, too. Well, the basic Frost, too, but I have a Frost Prime, so I'll go back to that later.

Oh yeah, pro-tip, get a Loki for the Rank 9 stealth challenge. It loving SUCKS without Invisibility, but is utterly trivial with it. I tried a few times with the Banshee, but as far as I can tell, Silence picks a random target in range, so I kept getting busted. Really lovely, broken power.

SilentW posted:

Banshee is terrible. No direct damage except her ult, which sucks horribly, Silence is utterly worthless, and Sonar is only useful if you're playing with people on Mumble. Also, 2 V polarity slots mean she is gimped as gently caress without 2 Forma.
Saryn is great, I've heard, and Nekros is of limited utility but owns bones in survival.

Sonar isn't even that good. I have mine up to an 800% damage boost and it's still barely worth my time. On the other hand two attack affinities means Focus and Blind Rage :getin:

The Saryn is fun, her ult is just a wave of death and her other powers are pretty fun once you get the hang of them.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 23:25 on Jan 13, 2014

I AM THE MOON
Dec 21, 2012

is the rank 7 to 8 chalenge possible on a gamepad yet? I have enough mastery to be like rank 10 or 11.

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity

redstormpopcorn posted:

Those numbers are experience gains. Also ditch the sword for Dual Zorens or a two-hander ASAP.

Thanks! Probably going to be a while. Only been playing for two days, and I thought IAP on Android / Apple were steep. Holy gently caress I'm not going to spending anything soon. :psyduck: He says.

TheBlandName
Feb 5, 2012

SilentW posted:

Banshee is in the unusual position of being probably the best frame of them all for Void Defense III and 40 minute Survival III, but mostly lackluster everywhere else. 10x damage is utterly fantastic, but completely unnecessary for all but two reward tables. The only other uses for Banshee are leveling unranked weapons and an almost pull. But Pull is better if you want pure control and you can always just leech experience to level new weapons.

redstormpopcorn
Jun 10, 2007
Aurora Master

limited posted:

Thanks! Probably going to be a while. Only been playing for two days, and I thought IAP on Android / Apple were steep. Holy gently caress I'm not going to spending anything soon. :psyduck: He says.

Thankfully it's a lot easier to play this for free than you'd think; I've been at since like Update 7.3 and am only just now considering buying plat to get more frame/weapon slots.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I got three frames cooking right now. When I get them complete, I'm considering doing an effort post of ranking the warframes I've played with to give players an idea of what they're getting into with each frame.

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

redstormpopcorn posted:

Thankfully it's a lot easier to play this for free than you'd think; I've been at since like Update 7.3 and am only just now considering buying plat to get more frame/weapon slots.

I'd recommend buying the cheapest pack with the first 50% off coupon you get, rather than trying to play entirely for free.

The potatoes and slots come in handy, plus it fully unlocks trading, so you can buy some of the extremely annoying to acquire things from other players.

Follow the spending guide in the first post and always ask goons before spending platinum on anything other than a potato/slots.

Assuming platinum works the same on PS4 as it does on PC.

Vriess
Apr 30, 2013

Select the items of interest in the scene.

Returned with Honor.
I find myself giggling maniacally performing Penta trickshots with 3-4 ricochets before detonating them.

It is my new favorite thing ever.

HukHukHuk
Jun 27, 2011

I am the sound of cats and hairballs.

limited posted:

One thing does confuse me though, sometimes smaller, blue bars pop up with a random number ( Usually about 60-ish? ) and I have no idea what they are. :psyduck: I know the PS4 version is pretty drat buggy, but it's not consistent enough to be team-mates doing damage.

Smaller blue bars with numbers should be XP that you get for killing the enemy.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Vriess posted:

I find myself giggling maniacally performing Penta trickshots with 3-4 ricochets before detonating them.

It is my new favorite thing ever.

I've taken to making running leaps off higher platforms, doing an air slide, and aiming down to drop Pentas on people like some kind of ninja bombing run.

QQmore
Jan 10, 2010

sleeptalker posted:

It wasn't stealth, it was the first thing in the 11.6.1 patch notes.

Whops on my part.

Finally made the Latron Prime, and I got a day and a half for Mag Prime. Also made Oberon since I'm maxed on my other warframes aside from a rank 29 Vauban. Been going between Ember and Rhino while I help out a fellow goon get back into the game, Ember for artillery barraging rooms and Rhino for tanking.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:
How is Ember anyway? I've had all the BPs for a while but haven't built her because I remember way back when when I first started playing people were saying Ember was pretty meh. So much has changed now of course.

I'm so tempted to buy Vauban because I haven't seen a single BP pop yet but ugh like 325 plat.

Objectivist Rapist
Mar 25, 2007

Rape is a construct
and I'm an engineer

Insert name here posted:

How is Ember anyway? I've had all the BPs for a while but haven't built her because I remember way back when when I first started playing people were saying Ember was pretty meh. So much has changed now of course.

I'm so tempted to buy Vauban because I haven't seen a single BP pop yet but ugh like 325 plat.

Max World On Fire and the range/longevity power mods, watch everything that lives disappear in columns of exploding joy.

Elysiume
Aug 13, 2009

Alone, she fights.
edit: Nevermind.

Elysiume fucked around with this message at 08:23 on Jan 14, 2014

IntuitiveLogic
May 22, 2007
Sometimes your gut is right and your head is just stupid.
Nevermind. I'm an idiot.

Cascade Failure
Jan 8, 2010

I AM THE MOON posted:

is the rank 7 to 8 chalenge possible on a gamepad yet? I have enough mastery to be like rank 10 or 11.

It's pretty easy to cheese the parkour & shoot challenge if you have a Loki. Just place a decoy on each platform in succession and then switch teleport to it. You'll have to aim into the air above the platform, if you miss the decoy'll appear in the air and then fall into nothingness. If you do it right the decoy'll instantly appear on the platform. Energy siphon and +power efficiency mods are recommended but if you've got all that mastery I'm assuming that won't be a problem.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

So what is the chillest way to level weapons? Take then along on a frame like rhino/nova and run Xini? I need to get some forma's into my soma and aklex but I dread leveling them.

And pity about banshee only having limited use. I just got close to having all the parts.

ur in my world now
Jun 5, 2006

Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was
Same as it ever was

Smellrose

Mindblast posted:

So what is the chillest way to level weapons? Take then along on a frame like rhino/nova and run Xini? I need to get some forma's into my soma and aklex but I dread leveling them.

And pity about banshee only having limited use. I just got close to having all the parts.

My favorite is infested mobile defense missions. Hundreds and hundreds of easy kills, provided all the idiot pubs don't stand in the doors and prevent anything from spawning.

Mindblast
Jun 28, 2006

Moving at the speed of death.

Yeah those do give a lot of targets. Do I let weapons leech xp through power use? Since infestation is now event based I doubt a level 1 weapon will be good enough. In a lot of cases.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Mindblast posted:

Yeah those do give a lot of targets. Do I let weapons leech xp through power use? Since infestation is now event based I doubt a level 1 weapon will be good enough. In a lot of cases.

What you kill a enemy with gets all the XP for that kill, sidearm kills fuels your sidearm, frame/sentinel fuels your frame ect. If you pop MPrime on a gazilion enemies and get tons of XP all of it go to your frame, regardless of it's level, with zero XP going to your weapons.

If another player kills something you get a nice 25% spread of that XP on all your items.

MrBadidea
Apr 1, 2009
Personally, I find 20-25 wave defenses on Xini quite good. The XP really starts to ramp up on defenses past somewhere around Wave 10.

Take something like Frost, aka, No Powers Worth Using To Make Kills With But Can Mindlessly Shoot Forever™, sit on cryopod, commence shooting. As long as you can remember to breathe and mash 3 on an regular enough basis, you can sail to wave 20 without much issue at all.

Once I'm past the point of "Oh gently caress I just forma'd my weapon again and have no power for mods" stage, and back to things vanishing when I put bullets in their general direction, I swap over to running 20+ minute Triton Survivals, but thats mainly down to wanting some Ammo Mutation mods.

track day bro!
Feb 17, 2005

#essereFerrari
Grimey Drawer

I AM THE MOON posted:

Its a bit easier now de added the option to wallrun without having to hold sprint, but I still hosed it up near the end but the game just decided to pass me. Probably best to watch a youtube of it to remember where the platforms are, or just skank it with a loki if you have one.

Fuzz
Jun 2, 2003

Avatar brought to you by the TG Sanity fund
Orokin Catalyst Alert on PS4 right now on Mars.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!
Does the Nova Quantum Helm have any attributes? I can't find any mention of anything other than cosmetics anywhere but it would be the only one I know of that's like that.

Kwanzaa Quickie
Nov 4, 2009
The Raknis helmet for Nekros and the...whatever alt helmet for Valkyr don't have stats either. I want so say one of the devs said something about regretting putting stats on helmets at all.

Piell
Sep 3, 2006

Grey Worm's Ken doll-like groin throbbed with the anticipatory pleasure that only a slightly warm and moist piece of lemoncake could offer

Young Orc
Yep, going forward there aren't going to be any stats attached to new helmets. They aren't sure what they're going to do with the old helmets, whether they will reissue them or separate the stats or just leave it as is.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Yeah some of the helmets are cool but there is no way I'm sacrificing speed for some ekstra armor.

Whoa. Wife Turds
Jan 23, 2004

FELLOW GOONS: WHEN THIS POSTER OFFERS TO BRAID YOUR PUBES, SAY NO!!!

Piell posted:

Yep, going forward there aren't going to be any stats attached to new helmets. They aren't sure what they're going to do with the old helmets, whether they will reissue them or separate the stats or just leave it as is.

They will pry my overpowered sprinting indestructible AOE Rhinomonster from my cold dead hands

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Whoa. Wife Turds posted:

They will pry my overpowered sprinting indestructible AOE Rhinomonster from my cold dead hands

:unsmigghh:

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Fuzz posted:

Orokin Catalyst Alert on PS4 right now on Mars.

For how long? Why must they do good alerts when I'm work :smith:

Male Man
Aug 16, 2008

Im, too sexy for your teatime
Too sexy for your teatime
That tea that you're just driiinkiing

seiferguy posted:

For how long? Why must they do good alerts when I'm work :smith:

Because if you have a job you can afford to buy catalysts.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer
I've had all the materials to build an Embolist for a while but it's not letting me build it. At first I thought that I didn't have the BP yet so I bought it for 50k credits... and then realized that I already had one.

What gives? I have check marks on all the materials but there's an X on the image of the embolist itself.

Also, is there an easy way to link up Warframe with my steam marketplace? I accidentally chose not to when the prompt first popped up and now I don't know what to do.

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 19:44 on Jan 14, 2014

ambient oatmeal
Jun 23, 2012

Chubbs posted:

I've had all the materials to build an Embolist for a while but it's not letting me build it. At first I thought that I didnt' have the BP yet so I bought it for 50k credits... and then realized that I already had one.

What gives? I have check marks on all the materials but there's an X on the image of the embolist itself.

Also, is there an easy way to link up Warframe with my steam marketplace? I accidentally chose not to when the prompt first popped up and now I don't know what to do.

You need to be a higher mastery rank, the Embolist requires rank 8.

Chubbs
Feb 13, 2008

In a thousand years, Gandahar was destroyed. A thousand years ago, Gandahar will be saved, and what can't be avoided will be.
Grimey Drawer

Enter Char posted:

You need to be a higher mastery rank, the Embolist requires rank 8.

Oh, heh, I'm rank 7 and I forgot about mastery ranks altogether. I should probably check which weapons require the higher ranks then.

e: looks like Embolist is the only rank 8 weapon, and the highest rank weapon in the game at the moment. I feel a little less foolish now (but still kick myself for rebuying the BP).

Chubbs fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Jan 14, 2014

limited
Dec 10, 2005
Limited Sanity
Pubbies are kind of fun during survival missions. There's always one lagging behind or stuck when everyone else is in the extraction zone.

So the last minute or two turns into every sci-fi last stand ever. There's a brief moment of silence, then a horde of hideous aliens or freakish cyborgs suddenly spills through the door into a wall of gunfire until the slacker bleeds out or the timer hits zero. :black101:

Also I'm BulletGoesWhere on PSN if the clan is still up and running.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!

Huntsekker posted:

How's Valkyr? I'm thinking of buying of buying a new warframe for a change of pace. So far I have Volt, Rhino and Excalibur.

Valkyr is seriously terrible. She's still fun, she shoots mans ok. She has her ripline which is cool as heck, and her ult which makes her invincible, but you're stuck meleeing and melee in this game is poo poo. You dont even get to use your melee weapon, you're stuck using fists. And when would being invincible help you more than just screen clearing like most frames? I guess you could man-mode bosses with it.

She's got ultra-low shields which is kinda a big deal, they tried to mitigate it by giving her higher armor, but armor in this game is pretty much garbage. If armor added a percent to avoid bullets or worked on shields she would be a lot better.

I would try Ash