Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Yoshifan823
Feb 19, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

zoux posted:

Shame on any Sherlock adaptation that doesn't show him as a raging coke fiend.

It's not quite the same thing, but point: House for the constant popping of Vicodin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

Regy Rusty posted:

I'm in the there is room for two modern day interpretations of Sherlock Holmes and we don't need to get into arguments about which one is better when they both take such different approaches camp.

I completely agree that there's plenty of room for both, but this third season of Sherlock really turned me off. Personal opinion and all that, but Johnny Lee Miller acts the hell out of his role, and elevates what could be middling material. I fell like Cumberbatch was ill-served by this season's writing, and was less able to elevate it.

I loved S1 and S2 of Sherlock and was wary of Elementary, but it won me over. There's room for both, sure, but ranking things is what we love to do best, after all.

I'll still watch S4 but I'm not going to be nearly as excited for its return.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Also, I've heard people referring to series 3 of Sherlock in it's entirety, has the whole thing already aired over there?

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Yes, the last episode aired on Sunday.

ashpanash
Apr 9, 2008

I can see when you are lying.

precision posted:

Chozen is... not good. Like... Brickleberry bad. Like... failed Adult Swim show bad.

You should be watching Rick and Morty anyway.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

zoux posted:

Also, I've heard people referring to series 3 of Sherlock in it's entirety, has the whole thing already aired over there?

It has. The gap between airing in the UK and in the States is the smallest it's ever been, but there still is one. The last episode aired Sunday.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

I demand we withhold our shows for a month as retribution.

IRQ
Sep 9, 2001

SUCK A DICK, DUMBSHITS!

cool kids inc. posted:

It has. The gap between airing in the UK and in the States is the smallest it's ever been, but there still is one. The last episode aired Sunday.

Which, so I've heard, is solely the fault of Masterpiece Theater not wanting to air it at the same time. They finally got their heads out of their asses about Dr. Who, so it's clear they know it's stupid to have these gaps.

In any case, Sherlock season 3 was fantastic.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Why isn't BBC America airing it? I mean, I'm gonna watch it on Hulu+ but I have to wait for the stupid network to air it first.

E: ooh Neflix is doing a Marco Polo series.

zoux fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Jan 14, 2014

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer

ChetReckless posted:

I've never been, but: this is what the Sherlock thread is like, isn't it?

Yeah except for the bits with the weird losers who "still like it" and "have no problem with the horribly unfunny bullshit"

BrooklynBruiser
Aug 20, 2006

zoux posted:

Why isn't BBC America airing it? I mean, I'm gonna watch it on Hulu+ but I have to wait for the stupid network to air it first.

There's some kind of PBS co-financing deal, I think. I might be wrong.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

BrooklynBruiser posted:

There's some kind of PBS co-financing deal, I think. I might be wrong.

Well good because AS A TAXPAYER I can now get all entitled as gently caress.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
The Sherlock thread has gotten to the point where I seriously question whether some of the posters have even watched the episodes.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
In more "uhh, holy poo poo!?" news, Michael Cera and John Hawkes have signed up to star in an FX comedy pilot written and directed by Charlie Kaufman.

This is already my #1 most-anticipated show.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Too bad it has Michael Cera.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mu Zeta posted:

Too bad it has Michael Cera.

Thank you for fulling the somethingawful.com forum's obligatory and hackneyed reaction to news involving Michael Cera. We appreciate your dedication.

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

Dang I thought SA loved him so I was being edgy.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Bown posted:

Yeah except for the bits with the weird losers who "still like it" and "have no problem with the horribly unfunny bullshit"

Posts like this that are sincere in that thread are what turned it into what it is. It's.... A downer.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
e: ^^^^ hi! i was kidding. sorry if it didn't come across so well. e2: oh wait you realised that. hi anyway!

Is that "i hate michael cera" bandwagon still going? Don't they know those movies they hated him for being a bit awkward in are over six years old now?

Joramun
Dec 1, 2011

No man has need of candles when the Sun awaits him.

zoux posted:

Thank you for fulling the somethingawful.com forum's obligatory and hackneyed reaction to news involving Michael Cera. We appreciate your dedication.

Que Cera, Cera.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

Bown posted:

e: ^^^^ hi! i was kidding. sorry if it didn't come across so well. e2: oh wait you realised that. hi anyway!

Yeah, I gotcha. Hi!

I will be fair and say I haven't seen a lot of Michael Cera stuff, but he's been funny in what I have seen, so I'll take it as good news.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

There's also this bit of FX news: FX orders comedy pilot from Zach Galifianakis and Louis C.K.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

That's a pretty toxic collab

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Peta posted:

That's a pretty toxic collab

Make for a good season five of Louie though.

Also I'm mid season one of Damages. Preeeettty good so far. Eagerly awaiting all the "here's when it gets terrible and it's a bad show" posts.

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

Reason Elementary is better:

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

hollylolly posted:

Reason Elementary is better:

God dammit. Clyde is a tough thing to top. He's just so.... Clyde.

My counter is this

Text is subtitles.

Cactus
Jun 24, 2006

I can't take seriously any tortoise that doesnt have a severed head on it's shell. :colbert:

Mahlertov Cocktail
Mar 1, 2010

I ate your Mahler avatar! Hahahaha!

Peta posted:

I'm finna watch all of House again from start to finish

I feel like I probably missed some deetz here and there back when it was my youth anthem

Hey I want to punch you a lot. Not because of House but because of the words in this post.

Also the Archer premiere was so loving good. If there's a way to throw an old formula out the window and go in a new direction, that's it right there.

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Hey I want to punch you a lot. Not because of House but because of the words in this post.

Also the Archer premiere was so loving good. If there's a way to throw an old formula out the window and go in a new direction, that's it right there.

Toddy VeedubsDeedubsW-dubs (PBUH) did an interview with Adam Reed re: the massive premise change:
http://www.avclub.com/article/archer-creator-adam-reed-talks-about-blowing-up-hi-200818

hollylolly
Jun 5, 2009

Do you like superheroes? Check out my CYOA Mutants: Uprising

How about weird historical fiction? Try Vampires of the Caribbean

cool kids inc. posted:

God dammit. Clyde is a tough thing to top. He's just so.... Clyde.

My counter is this

Text is subtitles.

Our Sherlock has an axe.

Peta
Dec 26, 2011

Mahlertov Cocktail posted:

Yeah I got a lil carried away

hcreight
Mar 19, 2007

My name is Oliver Queen...

zoux posted:

Toddy VeedubsDeedubsW-dubs (PBUH) did an interview with Adam Reed re: the massive premise change:
http://www.avclub.com/article/archer-creator-adam-reed-talks-about-blowing-up-hi-200818

According to this they got Kenny Loggins to do a country music-styled rendition of Danger Zone with Cheryl Cherlene. :allears:

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

hcreight posted:

According to this they got Kenny Loggins to do a country music-styled rendition of Danger Zone with Cheryl Cherlene. :allears:

Also he has a Soviet motorcycle with a sidecar.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
After watching the latest episode I'm utterly convinced that Rick and Morty will make my year-end top 10.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Rick and Morty is goddamned fantastic.

RockShowLevel27
May 31, 2006
Is there a Friday Night Lights thread alive, or dead that I can browse through? Couldn't find it on the first few pages on the awful app

zoux
Apr 28, 2006

You could PM DivisionPost and he'll talk to you about it forever.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

hollylolly posted:

Our Sherlock has an axe.

I have several counters to this but I'm trying to limit myself to the first two seasons out of respect to the large portion of the board who hasn't seen it yet, so you get our Lestrade, who says that's not our division.

In searching for this I discovered that people have gone apeshit over this two second scene and have various versions with that phrase in different languages. Lestrade eating a baguette, donning a beret with "Pas notre division" for instance. They get weirder when you get into Klingon and Swedish.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Which is a bit odd given that what he said was "not our division".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DominoDancing
Apr 26, 2008

Each morning after Sunblest
Feel the benefit
Mental arithmetic

Rapey Joe Stalin posted:

Which is a bit odd given that what he said was "not our division".

In fairness, at least the french quote above says that as well.

• Locked thread