Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Nessa
Dec 15, 2008

I eat meat, but I don't think I have it in me to ever kill an animal. I can't even kill insects.

I still wish humane treatment of farmed animals was a thing, and I will support local meat and bison when I can. I just don't think becoming a vegetarian will help anything and I would probably die if I didn't eat any meat.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pththya-lyi
Nov 8, 2009

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2020
i'm a big ol' speciesist and i have no special qualms about killing animals to provide for humanity
but i think meat is gross y'all

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Bulls are some hardcore motherfuckers. The whole reason why bullfighting exists is because the Christian and moorish knights wanted to have dick waving contests during times of peace and the Iberian bull was the best way to prove martial prowess. If you poke a bear with a sword it will run away until cornered whereas a bull will charge into a loving lance to try and knock a man off a horse (as evidenced by the beginning of second third of every bullfight). And they won't give up until they've stomped the threat into dust so they can protect their cows.

what is it that pisses bulls off so much? i have lots of experience with cows but bulls weren't my area bc we were dairy country. like. all the dude cows were always removed and only a few were used for stud

oh

wait

lol

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

what is it that pisses bulls off so much? i have lots of experience with cows but bulls weren't my area bc we were dairy country. like. all the dude cows were always removed and only a few were used for stud

oh

wait

lol

Funny thing is that they (only specific breeds of Spanish bulls) were just always this way and have never really been tamed like other cattle so they live on huge pastures and are cared for by humans like a bunch of kings. And through selective breeding over a thousand years are more pissed off than ever. Fun misogynist fact: the breeder tests how brave a bull is by how pissed off the mother is, not the father.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

VanSandman posted:

Nobody cared about what either of us thought about meat anyway.

I don't like anything about iTunes at all.
Are there any Google/Android alternatives to iTunes for podcasts?
I pretty much use iTunes exclusively as a podcast management program and if I could ditch it I would.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
i'm probably p hardline about the DONT EAT poo poo UNLESS YOU CAN KILL IT stuff bc i grew up in farming country and my best friend as a kid was a hare krishna. but i still think it's a pretty legit way to be bc it makes you question where your poo poo comes from and whether it's worth saving 50 cents to give a dollar to cruel motherfuckers. like i'm poor but im not so poor that i can't try to buy poo poo that isnt totally evil

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Fruity Gordo posted:

i'm probably p hardline about the DONT EAT poo poo UNLESS YOU CAN KILL IT stuff bc i grew up in farming country and my best friend as a kid was a hare krishna. but i still think it's a pretty legit way to be bc it makes you question where your poo poo comes from and whether it's worth saving 50 cents to give a dollar to cruel motherfuckers. like i'm poor but im not so poor that i can't try to buy poo poo that isnt totally evil

The best meat I've ever had was a roasted suckling pig on a retired bullfighters ranch that he killed and cleaned that morning.

Every time I go to Spain then back to the USA I can't eat meat for about 4 months because the poo poo here makes me sick.

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

Spanish Manlove posted:

Fun misogynist fact: the breeder tests how brave a bull is by how pissed off the mother is, not the father.

is this misogynist or the most misandrist breeding of all? stay tuned...

no joke tho i am petrified of cows with calves. ive never been happier than when i tried to dive over a fence, got stuck, kept getting zapped, panicked, and realised that the barbed wire was outside the electric fence.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
doesn't choppin' a bulls balls off calm em down? works for most other animals afaik

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

VanSandman posted:

doesn't choppin' a bulls balls off calm em down? works for most other animals afaik

Yeah that's called a steer iirc

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!

VanSandman posted:

yeah but then there is absolutely zero point to their existence except getting eat

Fruity Gordo fucked around with this message at 17:12 on Jan 14, 2014

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
pupdate

(this one isn't lonely, it's waiting to ambush one of the others that's coming towards me)

BUT MOOOOOOOM WE WANNA PLAY INSIIIIIIIDE

fluffbuttsfluffbuttsfluffbuttsfluffbutts

a dozen swans
Aug 24, 2012
broken tables = more to love

(so loving cute)

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

The great part about fishing is you don't really need to wait to cook certain fish before eating them. Hell even killing them is optional.

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
oh and gently caress your tables i guess

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

The ocean is calling and I must go

who cares about meat when there are PUPPIES :3:

oh god how do you get anything done besides covering yourself in puppies

so much fluffbutt

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

those are some happy-looking puppies :3:
speaking of happy-looking puppies, here's my sister's dog

PUP PUP AND AWAYYYY

goddamn how are those golden retrievers just so fluffy

vaguely fucked around with this message at 16:04 on Apr 4, 2014

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
the runt looks so sad when they're just There on the right in that pic in the middle staring sadly. do you give them extra kisses?

when i was little we got our dogge from a labrador retriever pedi breeder and my brother and i picked the runt bc she was the greatest and sweetest and kindest. her brothers and sisters had chewed her ears and bullied her so badly when we met her at 4 weeks that she had unhealed bite marks but we didnt care bc she ruled . we called her millie and she was the loveliest and sweetest dog in the world and never did what anyone told her to do but still never did anything to hurt anything except the vegetable garden

rip in peace millie you were the greatest doggie, i'm sorry we let the cat bully you so much but you could have just sat on her

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

balls of fluff with noses

they really want to know what's behind that door

Fruity Gordo
Aug 5, 2013

Neurotic, Impotent Rage!
also lol when do they stop having fat rolls on their backs because i want puppies to stay puppies forever because they are so pudgy and squishy and silly-looking :3:

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

VanSandman posted:

oh and gently caress your tables i guess

noooo not my virgin tables

GrrrlSweatshirt
Jun 2, 2012
I'd break ur tables if u catch my drift bby

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I assure you, if they slow down it is either to sleep or to see where to charge next.

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Fruity Gordo posted:

drink pimm's no 1 cup in summer ... and kill the rich and roast them on a spit

You finally said something that wasn't entirely converse to correct!

Obligatory Toast
Mar 19, 2007

What am I reading here??

AriadneThread posted:

what about musical meat

is this new slang for dick? the flesh flute you toot

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Enfys posted:

balls of fluff with noses

they really want to know what's behind that door

they know. that's where they play keep away in when we let them in from outside, because they are all rascally little fluffbutts

sometimes i put a hand on each side of their face and flop their ears and go "fwop fwop fwop fwop fwop" over and over again. I think it confuses them.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

vaguely
Apr 29, 2013

hot_squirting_honey.gif

VanSandman posted:

sometimes i put a hand on each side of their face and flop their ears and go "fwop fwop fwop fwop fwop" over and over again. I think it confuses them.

floppy puppy ears are the best part of a puppy
so incredibly soft

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

This is pretty much 100% accurate, minus the :darksouls:

Pups are less a litter and more a swarm of sharp teeth and soft fur.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

Years ago, I was playing fallout 3 and a dog in the game attacked me so I killed it and then my friend punched me for hurting the dog.

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

VanSandman posted:

how often are you puppy swarmed in an average day?

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

AriadneThread posted:

Years ago, I was playing fallout 3 and a dog in the game attacked me so I killed it and then my friend punched me for hurting the dog.
Good. :colbert:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Enfys posted:

how often are you puppy swarmed in an average day?

i dunno, let me count the number of scratches on my hands.

at least five.

Gorgar
Dec 2, 2012

VanSandman posted:

This seems like it would be necessary to do.

pixelbaron
Mar 18, 2009

~ Notice me, Shempai! ~
start howlin get some good pup howlin going

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

pixelbaron posted:

start howlin get some good pup howlin going

god no do you have any idea how precious silence has become

Enfys
Feb 17, 2013

I just realised the amount of puppy snoring and dream chasing that must occur with so many fluffbutts

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

Enfys posted:

I just realised the amount of puppy snoring and dream chasing that must occur with so many fluffbutts

more like:

See human -> Whine.
Hear human -> Whine.
Want human -> Whine.
Hungry -> Whine.
Thirsty -> Whine.
Feeling bored - Bark.

HEY GUNS
Oct 11, 2012

FOPTIMUS PRIME

VanSandman posted:

my sister was once swarmed by some pekingese

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
i'm sorry for your loss.

• Locked thread