Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

BrainDance posted:

Hmm, snes9x does work with a wiimote for me, with the classic controller.

Played some 2 player Mario kart just a couple days ago with it.

Are you on a 64bit device?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

Nope, I am not. So there you go I guess.

Mr Hands Colon
May 7, 2009

requiescant in pace.
Is there any non-winterboard tweak to replace the stupid dots with the old carrier strength/signal bars?

Also WiCarrier from the petrich repo seems to be working.

Javid
Oct 21, 2004

:jpmf:
Are there any tweaks that give you finer control or more options with photo stream? I'm looking for a button to pause/resume photo syncing, as well as a "select all" button for the photo stream folder.

Atarian
Aug 10, 2005

This ant...
Clever Betty
Is there an ios7 tweak similar to notiquiet? I'd like to disable notifications while I'm using xbmc on my ipad.

Unicorn Vomit
Feb 21, 2006

Descanting the Insalubrious
Sorry if this was mentioned in the thread already, but are there any reliable 3rd party unlocks or are they all scams?

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice

Unicorn Vomit posted:

Sorry if this was mentioned in the thread already, but are there any reliable 3rd party unlocks or are they all scams?

I found my unlock via an eBay seller. It worked: my iPhone is now for all intents and purposes factory unlocked. (One more reason I'm hesitant to get a new phone, though I guess I can keep it to just use for international travel.)

Of course, I did this in 2012 before it became illegal in the United States. I don't know if it's more expensive now or whether you'd actually get in trouble if you did it now.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
What would be the proper way to reset and wipe a jailbroken iPhone 5 running 6.1 without upgrading it? I heard using 'Erase all content and settings' can cause problems if the device is jailbroken. It needs to be a complete wipe because this thing is heading to eBay.

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Just do a factory restore via iTunes.

NOTinuyasha
Oct 17, 2006

The Great Twist
That'd force an update to the latest iOS, which is what I'm trying to avoid.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
You could use ilex RAT maybe? I think it had an option for an almost factory reset, but keeping Cydia and stuff. Any reason why you're avoiding iOS7 though?

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

Yeah ilexrat has an option to delete everything cydia but keep the jb and cydia and all your regular iOS stuff or delete everything on your phone but the jailbreak and cydia

ibntumart posted:

I found my unlock via an eBay seller. It worked: my iPhone is now for all intents and purposes factory unlocked. (One more reason I'm hesitant to get a new phone, though I guess I can keep it to just use for international travel.)

Of course, I did this in 2012 before it became illegal in the United States. I don't know if it's more expensive now or whether you'd actually get in trouble if you did it now.

Yeah I was curious before you'd just pay $15 on eBay and be on your way. Then AT&T started offering it for phones that fulfilled their contract. Not sure if other carriers did too?

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 10:35 on Jan 13, 2014

tesilential
Nov 22, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1. The lock button has been broken for a couple years now and because of this I'm worried I won't be able to get my phone in DFU mode for a restore. Am I stuck with this current install or is there a software method to get around not having the lock button?

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Who else see da leprechaun say yaaaa!

tesilential posted:

I have a jailbroken iPhone 4 running iOS 4.1. The lock button has been broken for a couple years now and because of this I'm worried I won't be able to get my phone in DFU mode for a restore. Am I stuck with this current install or is there a software method to get around not having the lock button?

Back in the day, like original iPhone and iPhone 3G, there was a little batch file you could run with your phone plugged into a computer that would reboot your phone into DFU mode. People had a hard time doing it themselves, apparently.

The game has changed a lot at this point, so who knows if something like that still exists.

Tanri Fen
Jan 9, 2007

by toby
Any idea where to find Winterboard themes that work on ipad mini (Think it's the standard mini, non retina and what not) every one I try just either change a few icons and that's it. Dock doesn't change and the lock screen has barely changed, the most I got it to do was change the "slide to unlock" which changed to the theme devs name..

Not exactly new to jailbreaking but it's been awhile so a lot has changed and this is the first time i've done an ipad.

While I'm at it, what's the best jailbreak app/tool to bypass in-app purchases, found a few online but they are ancient, they are good for some games but not all.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber
You want to remove the option of in-app purchases so kids don't accidentally buy them, right?

Tanri Fen
Jan 9, 2007

by toby

eddiewalker posted:

You want to remove the option of in-app purchases so kids don't accidentally buy them, right?

I meant to bypass paying for them

(USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)

bobfather
Sep 20, 2001

I will analyze your nervous system for beer money

Tanri Fen posted:

Don't steal poo poo.

eddiewalker
Apr 28, 2004

Arrrr ye landlubber

Tanri Fen posted:

I was trying to help you.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Tanri Fen posted:

Edit that out. Don't talk about that here. I learned the hard way.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

You should follow the ios gaming thread. There are lots of great games these days that don't require buying the iap to enjoy or don't have any to begin with. I barely every buy any iap and I don't steal it, but I still enjoy ios gaming.

I don't know if it was already mentioned but there are betas of btstack that seem to fix a lot the problems emulators and ps3 controllers/wiimotes have. I got n64 games through retroarch working perfectly on my iPad with a classic controller after installing the btstack beta.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mringwal/status/419600887212818432

BrainDance fucked around with this message at 03:18 on Jan 14, 2014

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

BrainDance posted:

You should follow the ios gaming thread. There are lots of great games these days that don't require buying the iap to enjoy or don't have any to begin with. I barely every buy any iap and I don't steal it, but I still enjoy ios gaming.

Puzzles and Dragons is great!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

goodness posted:

Puzzles and Dragons is great!

It will loving consume you

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

It will loving consume you

I got consumed when someone accidentally posted it in a random thread. I looked, and was consumed :(

Luckily I escaped a couple months later and did not spend any money.

omg chael crash
Jul 8, 2012

Macys paid for this. Noodle Boy and Bonby are bad at video games and even worse friends.

What's the tweak for ios7 to get rid of that dock at the bottom? I want to keep the icons, just want to get rid of that silly gray bar.

Also, any recommendations on apps/tweaks that currently work is 7?

yamdankee
Jan 23, 2005

~anderoid fragmentation~

omg chael crash posted:

What's the tweak for ios7 to get rid of that dock at the bottom? I want to keep the icons, just want to get rid of that silly gray bar.

Also, any recommendations on apps/tweaks that currently work is 7?

TransparentDock

If you use Google Voice - SMS on GV 7
BiteSMS is in beta and seems to be working pretty well
MyWi 7
iFile

Just a few of my favorites. :)

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.
Two questions, one, is there a tweak that can enable/disable features like swipe-up for CC panel based on which application is open? I don't want to remove it entirely but I hate how it pops up and steals focus when I'm trying to write in Notability with the palm-guard up.

The other question is about the system font. What was the tweak to change the universal system font and what was the name of that slim typeface that the old jailbreak thread loved?

EgillSkallagrimsson
May 6, 2007
Is there anyway to purchase apps from cydia that are listed as incompatible? I'm trying to get BTstack GPS since the demo works fine.

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

Zigmidge posted:

Two questions, one, is there a tweak that can enable/disable features like swipe-up for CC panel based on which application is open? I don't want to remove it entirely but I hate how it pops up and steals focus when I'm trying to write in Notability with the palm-guard up.

Cloaky

quote:

The other question is about the system font. What was the tweak to change the universal system font and what was the name of that slim typeface that the old jailbreak thread loved?

Bytafont 2 (Neutraface)

EgillSkallagrimsson posted:

Is there anyway to purchase apps from cydia that are listed as incompatible? I'm trying to get BTstack GPS since the demo works fine.

I think you'd have to email the developer..

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

Hatori Hanzo font. Just got updated for bytafont 2 as well.

TheMightyHandful
Dec 8, 2008

Does anyone know of a tweak to get a clock on the lock screen while music is playing?

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
Looking for a tweak that will close all apps, please. Anyone know any?

spongeworthy
Jan 16, 2009

ICHIBAHN posted:

There are a few, but I use SwitchSpring...

decypher
Aug 23, 2003

ICHIBAHN posted:

Slide2kill 7 is pretty slick. You swipe down on an app to close all of them. You can long press an app in the multitask window to prevent it from being closed. It's denoted by a little blue lock icon.

ICHIBAHN
Feb 21, 2007

by Cyrano4747
SwitchSpring is the one I use but it rarely works. Usually need to respring before it kills em all.

Switch2Kill is perfect. Thanks.

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

Good, bad. I'm the one with the power of Shu, Heru, Amon, Zehuti, Aton, and Mehen.
College Slice
So I tried to uninstall HiddenSettings7 since I just can't get it to work on my iPhone 4S. And now my phone is on an endless boot loop.

How do I get it to stop? Am I going to have to restore and rejailbreak?

Edit: Okay, the simultaneous sleep and home button press finally worked. But now I'm stuck in safe mode. I think: I don't have the usual Safe Mode notification at the top, but apart from Cydia, all my jailbroken apps are gone. Or did I somehow unjailbreak?

Any idea what I should do next?

Edit PArt 2: And now it's just stuck in an endless boot loop no matter what I do. The sleep/home button combo just turn it off. The volume up button during boot doesn't do anything either.

ibntumart fucked around with this message at 23:39 on Jan 14, 2014

Sunblood
Mar 12, 2006

I'm a freakin' blur here!

ibntumart posted:

So I tried to uninstall HiddenSettings7 since I just can't get it to work on my iPhone 4S. And now my phone is on an endless boot loop.

How do I get it to stop? Am I going to have to restore and rejailbreak?

Edit: Okay, the simultaneous sleep and home button press finally worked. But now I'm stuck in safe mode. I think: I don't have the usual Safe Mode notification at the top, but apart from Cydia, all my jailbroken apps are gone. Or did I somehow unjailbreak?

Any idea what I should do next?

Edit PArt 2: And now it's just stuck in an endless boot loop no matter what I do. The sleep/home button combo just turn it off. The volume up button during boot doesn't do anything either.

Restore with iTunes and re-jailbreak. Something you installed is incompatible with your phone.

Zigmidge
May 12, 2002

Exsqueeze me, why the sour face? I'm here to lemon aid you. Let's juice it.

spongeworthy posted:

Cloaky

Bytafont 2 (Neutraface)

I think you'd have to email the developer..

decypher posted:

Hatori Hanzo font. Just got updated for bytafont 2 as well.

Thanks you two, knocked it out of the park!

ibntumart
Mar 18, 2007

College Slice

Sunblood posted:

Restore with iTunes and re-jailbreak. Something you installed is incompatible with your phone.

Huh, this is weird. I connected it to my Mac, fired up iTunes, and after the iPhone rebooted, it automatically synced and then booted normally. I was able to get into Cydia and uninstall the offending app, then reboot again and it's working fine again without restoring or rejailbreaking.

I really do not understand iDevices as well as I would like. Guess I'll just be glad it's working now and make a more current backup.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blimpkin
Dec 28, 2003
Swipebright isn't updated yet, are there any alternatives for "Swipe left/right on status bar for brightness"? That was a tweak I loved.

• Locked thread