Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
LeastActionHero
Oct 23, 2008
Just go ahead and edit the script, it's pretty easy to see how it chooses tasks. Here's an edited down version:

code:
taskName:"Leadership",
                level: {
                     0:["Hire Your First Mercenary"],
                     1:["Complete Advanced Training", "Protect Grateful Merchant","Pick Up Package", "Basic Training"],
                     2:["Guard Duty"],
                     3:["Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     4:["Protect Caravan","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     5:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     6:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
        /*
                    // Current model

7:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

*/
                    // Training Mode
                     7:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

So for the first 6 levels it runs tasks, but then for whatever reason the person commented out the tasks (using /* and */) and instead put in nothing but hiring and training tasks.

Also, it automatically uses as many people as possible. If you want to use just a single guy for tasks, then get rid of (or comment out) everything in the function SelectItemFor. E.g.:
code:
function SelectItemFor(buttonListIn, i, def, prof) {

def.resolve();
        }

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gravity Works
Aug 7, 2006

Break everything you love.

Dilb posted:

Just go ahead and edit the script, it's pretty easy to see how it chooses tasks. Here's an edited down version:

code:
taskName:"Leadership",
                level: {
                     0:["Hire Your First Mercenary"],
                     1:["Complete Advanced Training", "Protect Grateful Merchant","Pick Up Package", "Basic Training"],
                     2:["Guard Duty"],
                     3:["Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     4:["Protect Caravan","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     5:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     6:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Hire a Mercenary"],
        /*
                    // Current model

7:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Protect Caravan","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Protect Caravan","Chart Region","Explore Local Area","Guard Duty","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

*/
                    // Training Mode
                     7:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     8:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                     9:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    10:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    11:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],
                    12:["Train a Footman","Train a Guard","Hire a Mercenary"],

So for the first 6 levels it runs tasks, but then for whatever reason the person commented out the tasks (using /* and */) and instead put in nothing but hiring and training tasks.

Also, it automatically uses as many people as possible. If you want to use just a single guy for tasks, then get rid of (or comment out) everything in the function SelectItemFor. E.g.:
code:
function SelectItemFor(buttonListIn, i, def, prof) {

def.resolve();
        }

What do you user to run this script in the browser? Is there a chrome addon or something?

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

Gravity Works posted:

What do you user to run this script in the browser? Is there a chrome addon or something?

Tampermonkey has the extra functions required for the script to work in Chrome, or you can just put the script directly into Greasemonkey on Firefox I believe.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

I have some hacks to the script to make it not lose its face whenever there's some JS glitch in the gateway, and it's been running for about 3 days now without getting stuck. I want to make sure it's got enough info in it for me to diagnose stuff, and then I'll pastebin it as well.

ETA: Apologies to the goons I was running MC with earlier today. My internet suddenly became literally the worst somewhere between me and PW's servers. Speedtest was happy, but I was dropping ~30% of my packets, and then I couldn't reconnect after I got DC'd.

Taliesyn
Apr 5, 2007

Edit: Ugh, answered before realizing there was another page to the thread.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Here's my script, I use it on 6 chars and it handles a bunch more error states than the other one did.

http://pastebin.com/0uVmTgku

To get multiple chars working:

- install the script.
- go to gateway
- click the little crossed-wrenches thing in the top right of the page
- check "attempt to log in automatically" and fill in the number of chars and your credentials (I know, but I read the code pretty carefully, that stuff isn't being sent anywhere)
- save-and-apply via the button at the bottom
- reload the gateway
- re-open the settings
- enter the char names and slot assignments

I have Alchemy 20 making distilled healing potions, so you might want to tweak that. Otherwise it's the non-training stock profession stuff, with one change: it won't use a special (green/blue/purp) leadership worker as a bonus. It kept using them all up and not being able to fill the 8th or 9th slots, so I just hacked around it. I should do something smarter, but :effort:.

There's still one error case that the gateway can hit that I don't understand well enough to detect and work around, but 9/10 of the times the brute force fallback reload will catch it within 10 mins or so. The other times you have to go manually reload to get it back on track. And once every now and then it will aw-snap Chrome, but probably I get that more than most will because I'm reloading the GM script so often and poking at it with the debugger.

Share and enjoy.

Jiblet
Jan 5, 2004

Limey Bastard
I've just started playing Neverwinter properly in the last couple of days and basically have very little clue of what I'm doing, other than zipping through content mashing buttons.
Since it's FtP and I'm enjoying it, I feel the need to drop some cash on it partly to reward the developers and party to get me some shiny bits of gear. However since I am fairly clueless at the moment I wonder if anyone could recommend some items to get for around £10 ($15) worth of Zen?

Main character at the moment is a level 13 hunter ranger.

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I would love to know this as well.

I got some Ancient Mulhorand items for real cheap for my Guardian Fighter and they're really great.

I certainly wouldn't minding dropping some cash but I am unsure what to get that's worth it.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Jiblet posted:

I've just started playing Neverwinter properly in the last couple of days and basically have very little clue of what I'm doing, other than zipping through content mashing buttons.
Since it's FtP and I'm enjoying it, I feel the need to drop some cash on it partly to reward the developers and party to get me some shiny bits of gear. However since I am fairly clueless at the moment I wonder if anyone could recommend some items to get for around £10 ($15) worth of Zen?

Main character at the moment is a level 13 hunter ranger.

The stuff in the zen store has always been wildly overpriced and the only stuff that actually matters to you at end game are an ioun stone, inventory space, an expensive horse and character respecs. To an extent companions matter but probably to a very limited extent.

But you aren't there so I will say Galeb Duhr the rock golem you can get is adorable and you can ride an armoured bear. Though those are probably more than 10 pounds so maybe hang on till you see if you really really like the game.

Jiblet
Jan 5, 2004

Limey Bastard
I should clarify; I'm after gear that would help me level my Hunter Ranger that little bit quicker/easier/smoother. I'm not even sure if there is such a thing in NW (back to my lack of knowledge on NW), but if this were WOW, I'd be after heirloom items and good bang-per-buck gear from the AH that would last as long as possible as I level.

Goofballs
Jun 2, 2011

Buy some zen, convert it into ad and search "mulhorand" in the auction house. Those are your leveling purples. You can get a mainhand, an offhand and a neck. You can also shove rank 5 or 6 enchants into them because you won't be changing them for a while.

Goofballs fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Jan 15, 2014

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
Wow, these mounts really aren't cheap.

$40 for some ugly rear end tiger? No thanks.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Companions can make a big difference, IMO. I got the Sylph thing as part of the $60 box, and it's been a huge help leveling all my alts. The extra damage is meaningful at level 5 or whatever you are when you get to PE, and they keep ranking through to 30, keeping pace with your character. That plus Mulhorand (splurge on some rank 5 enchants too, probably) and you are really screaming through leveling content. The Lillend is especially nice for non-tanks because it heals well *and* draws some aggro off you. Companions insta-heal at the end of battle if they die, so health left on your companion at the end of a battle is arguably wasted!

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Jiblet posted:

I should clarify; I'm after gear that would help me level my Hunter Ranger that little bit quicker/easier/smoother.
TBH, I leveled my TR from 1-60 in about a week with only a couple hours a day playtime, using only drops and quest rewards as gear. Leveling in this game is ridiculously fast paced as long as you follow the zone progression and concentrate on just finishing every quest in each zone.

At 60 there's an assload of blue gear available for ~100 AD each to fill every slot with whatever your preferred stat bonuses happen to be for your class as well. My TR is at 9,500 GS right now and I haven't spent a dime on the game and haven't used more than 5k AD on gear upgrades. I'm saving my AD for companions ATM because I'm weird like that, though I'm thinking I might start collecting crafting bonus items with my spare AD instead since I'm working on that now.

E; Take a long hard look at your skill tree and consult some online resources on class builds too, as I made some rookie mistakes levelling up and am now probably going to purchase some Zen just to re-spec for a more PvP and PvE friendly build. Some of the benefits of your powers and feats aren't easily discernible when you're new to the game and it's quite likely you'll pass over one or two really useful endgame skills that cripple you, I know I did with my DC.

Interociter posted:

Here's my script, I use it on 6 chars and it handles a bunch more error states than the other one did.

http://pastebin.com/0uVmTgku

To get multiple chars working:

- install the script.
- go to gateway
- click the little crossed-wrenches thing in the top right of the page
- check "attempt to log in automatically" and fill in the number of chars and your credentials (I know, but I read the code pretty carefully, that stuff isn't being sent anywhere)
- save-and-apply via the button at the bottom
- reload the gateway
- re-open the settings
- enter the char names and slot assignments

I have Alchemy 20 making distilled healing potions, so you might want to tweak that. Otherwise it's the non-training stock profession stuff, with one change: it won't use a special (green/blue/purp) leadership worker as a bonus. It kept using them all up and not being able to fill the 8th or 9th slots, so I just hacked around it. I should do something smarter, but :effort:.

There's still one error case that the gateway can hit that I don't understand well enough to detect and work around, but 9/10 of the times the brute force fallback reload will catch it within 10 mins or so. The other times you have to go manually reload to get it back on track. And once every now and then it will aw-snap Chrome, but probably I get that more than most will because I'm reloading the GM script so often and poking at it with the debugger.

Share and enjoy.
I'm not JS savvy, but have you removed its insistence on logging out and back in every time it switches characters? That's probably the most annoying 'feature' of the script to me, and it'd be nice if it switched seamlessly between them without logging out/in every time it does.

NatasDog fucked around with this message at 15:26 on Jan 15, 2014

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NatasDog posted:

I'm not JS savvy, but have you removed its insistence on logging out and back in every time it switches characters? That's probably the most annoying 'feature' of the script to me, and it'd be nice if it switched seamlessly between them without logging out/in every time it does.

That was already gone, yeah. It still says "will relog in 20 seconds" in the debug log, but it just pops open the character selector.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Interociter posted:

That was already gone, yeah. It still says "will relog in 20 seconds" in the debug log, but it just pops open the character selector.

You're a saint, goon sir.

Semisponge
Mar 9, 2006

I FUCKING LOVE BUTTS
I always say this, and will say it some more: if you want to spend zen on something, get a fast horse. It will absolutely make your life so much easier.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer
Also, they do put things on sale every week. I'm waiting for the Ioun Stones to go on sale again before I buy one, and probably the armored bear, too.

Do any of the companions show up on every character, or is that a mount-only thing?

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

NatasDog posted:

TBH, I leveled my TR from 1-60 in about a week with only a couple hours a day playtime, using only drops and quest rewards as gear. Leveling in this game is ridiculously fast paced as long as you follow the zone progression and concentrate on just finishing every quest in each zone.

That's where I had troubles. My CW is only 21 and I'm back to work now so my free time is limited, but it seemed like each zone ran out of quests fairly quickly. I really just like to level up and unlock the fun powers (I'm going Storm with this character, if I make it that far). Where should I be at 21, and is there a comprehensive quest guide by zone anywhere? A goon gave me a Mulhorand weapon and one other thing and I have a nice set of companions, so I'm good to go for the most part, just not sure *where* to go - my last activity was doing this long quest in some kind of shadowy arena with incredibly tough enemies for which I got my first artefact, which can heal me every 3 minutes or something.

Maybe I just need to read what the questgivers say more carefully.

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?
I was in the ruins with all the bandits and gnolls around 21, Blackfallow I think; after that is Neverdeath. Then either Ebon Downs or Helm's Keep.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

JustJeff88 posted:

That's where I had troubles. My CW is only 21 and I'm back to work now so my free time is limited, but it seemed like each zone ran out of quests fairly quickly. I really just like to level up and unlock the fun powers (I'm going Storm with this character, if I make it that far). Where should I be at 21, and is there a comprehensive quest guide by zone anywhere? A goon gave me a Mulhorand weapon and one other thing and I have a nice set of companions, so I'm good to go for the most part, just not sure *where* to go - my last activity was doing this long quest in some kind of shadowy arena with incredibly tough enemies for which I got my first artefact, which can heal me every 3 minutes or something.

Maybe I just need to read what the questgivers say more carefully.

Sgt Knox points you to the correct zone to be in when you get the quest to go back and talk to him upon finishing each area. The starting quests for each zone are level based as well, so just go to the lowest level one in your journal if there's any question. I was honestly over-leveled every zone that I went to, so the starting quest for the next zone was already grey or close to being grey by the time I finished up the zone prior. I'm the kind of guy who sits through the lovely dialog for every quest giver at least once to try and get a handle on the backstory, half my playtime in each zone was probably sitting through bad voice acting.

The quests themselves have unusually low requirements compared to the MMOs I used to play, it's very much not the grindfest I'm accustomed to when I think MMO. At 60 that all changes and Dread Ring/Sharandar are nothing but a grind, but the gameplay's pretty fun to me still, so it doesn't feel like I'm just dumping time into black hole for incremental upgrades at best. I was also able to solo every single player instance right up until the underdark, mindflayer packs just gently caress you up when you're untwinked and solo.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Interociter posted:

OK, is there some kind of trick to updating the character switching time once it's set? I made the mistake of setting it to 600 instead of 300 like I wanted, and now when I try to save and commit the settings by reloading the page it just goes back to 600. I didn't have time to run debug while I was home for lunch, but I'll do it this afternoon if you need more info.

E; Oops, double post.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NatasDog posted:

OK, is there some kind of trick to updating the character switching time once it's set? I made the mistake of setting it to 600 instead of 300 like I wanted, and now when I try to save and commit the settings by reloading the page it just goes back to 600. I didn't have time to run debug while I was home for lunch, but I'll do it this afternoon if you need more info.

E; Oops, double post.

Yeah, the config stuff is a little flaky sometimes, haven't figured out why. I do:

- pause script
- save and apply
- reload gateway

- change settings
- save and apply
- wait 5 sec
- reload gateway

- check that it took
- unpause script
- save and apply

- *slowly* drip the goat blood into the candle, careful not to put it out

Two companion-related tips:

- companions can slot gear of any level, regardless of yours, so grab some 60 blues from the guild bank and buff them the hell up

- you can equip items on companions *without* causing them to be bound. here's how:

* equip some throwaway item in the slot if it's empty
* drag it to your inventory over the item you want in there
* they'll trade places, without binding the new item

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

You see, but you do not observe.

Jiblet posted:

I should clarify; I'm after gear that would help me level my Hunter Ranger that little bit quicker/easier/smoother. I'm not even sure if there is such a thing in NW (back to my lack of knowledge on NW), but if this were WOW, I'd be after heirloom items and good bang-per-buck gear from the AH that would last as long as possible as I level.

A mount is probably the biggest timesaver, don't bother with buying gear, you level up real fast in this game and it's fun and all but a fast ride is always a bigger timesaver, gear is really cheap until 55+.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Interociter posted:

Yeah, the config stuff is a little flaky sometimes, haven't figured out why. I do:

- pause script
- save and apply
- reload gateway

- change settings
- save and apply
- wait 5 sec
- reload gateway

- check that it took
- unpause script
- save and apply

- *slowly* drip the goat blood into the candle, careful not to put it out

Two companion-related tips:

- companions can slot gear of any level, regardless of yours, so grab some 60 blues from the guild bank and buff them the hell up

- you can equip items on companions *without* causing them to be bound. here's how:

* equip some throwaway item in the slot if it's empty
* drag it to your inventory over the item you want in there
* they'll trade places, without binding the new item
I'll have to try pausing and reloading first. I was pausing, saving, making the change, and then unpausing without reloading. I had the same problem with the old script, but I did the goat blood thing to get around it and didn't really take note of the steps I took to get me there.

I wish I'd have figured out the companion thing before I was in my 50s. Once I figured it out I had level 60 blues on all my dudes likkety split. Stat boosts don't add up to much, but when you're counting on your cleric/fawn companion to keep you healed while you try to keep aggro on everything you're engaging, every little bit helps.

redhalo
May 19, 2009

Is it advisable to upgrade my companions along the way or save my AD till end game?

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

redhalo posted:

Is it advisable to upgrade my companions along the way or save my AD till end game?

Never upgrade companions. It's a complete waste of money, vs buying a better one for less AD.

Ham Equity
Apr 16, 2013

The first thing we do, let's kill all the cars.
Grimey Drawer

redhalo posted:

The only really worthwhile companions in the endgame are the Ioun Stones and the Cat. The blue Ioun Stone goes for about 445,000 AD when it's not on sale (depending upon AD/Zen prices); upgrading a companion from green to blue costs 500,000 AD.

The cat costs 833,000 AD, but given that it isn't a huge improvement over the ioun stone (arguably not an improvement at all), it's mostly a vanity item.

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Thanatosian posted:

The cat costs 833,000 AD, but given that it isn't a huge improvement over the ioun stone (arguably not an improvement at all), it's mostly a vanity item.

I'd definitely say the cat is worse than the stone. Not sure if 7% slow really does anything vs a useful 125 deflect, but I'd argue Icons give much better stats than lovely waist gear!

jerichojx
Oct 21, 2010
I feel that the mounts are really expensive though.

The max speed is 110%? Most of the amounts around that range is about $25. That seems way too pricey just for a mount. And I paid $35 for an Arcana for one character in Dota 2.

WebDO
Sep 25, 2009

jerichojx posted:

I feel that the mounts are really expensive though.

The max speed is 110%? Most of the amounts around that range is about $25. That seems way too pricey just for a mount. And I paid $35 for an Arcana for one character in Dota 2.

The one 'added' value of mounts is they are per account, not per character like everything else.

JustJeff88
Jan 15, 2008

I AM
CONSISTENTLY
ANNOYING
JUST TERRIBLE

THIS BADGE OF SHAME IS WORTH 0.45 DOUBLE DRAGON ADVANCES

:dogout:
of SA-Mart forever

NatasDog posted:

Sgt Knox points you to the correct zone to be in when you get the quest to go back and talk to him upon finishing each area. The starting quests for each zone are level based as well, so just go to the lowest level one in your journal if there's any question. I was honestly over-leveled every zone that I went to, so the starting quest for the next zone was already grey or close to being grey by the time I finished up the zone prior. I'm the kind of guy who sits through the lovely dialog for every quest giver at least once to try and get a handle on the backstory, half my playtime in each zone was probably sitting through bad voice acting.

The quests themselves have unusually low requirements compared to the MMOs I used to play, it's very much not the grindfest I'm accustomed to when I think MMO. At 60 that all changes and Dread Ring/Sharandar are nothing but a grind, but the gameplay's pretty fun to me still, so it doesn't feel like I'm just dumping time into black hole for incremental upgrades at best. I was also able to solo every single player instance right up until the underdark, mindflayer packs just gently caress you up when you're untwinked and solo.

I'm clearly doing something wrong, then, because every zone I am in all the enemies seem to be orange/red to me. I do okay with my Goongear and my companion, but I'd rather be more thorough. I'm not much for the end-game gear and instance grind and I'm treating this like a single-player action RPG, and I feel like I'm cheating myself out of content because I'm not "doing it right."

Archonex
May 2, 2012

MY OPINION IS SEERS OF THE THRONE PROPAGANDA IGNORE MY GNOSIS-IMPAIRED RAMBLINGS

Thanatosian posted:

The only really worthwhile companions in the endgame are the Ioun Stones and the Cat. The blue Ioun Stone goes for about 445,000 AD when it's not on sale (depending upon AD/Zen prices); upgrading a companion from green to blue costs 500,000 AD.

If they haven't fixed it, any companion with an attack that forces a mob to go prone is also invaluable in duos or trios.

The founder panther is great for this by the way. It seems useless at first glance, but the rank 30 skill and its passive are basically built for loving over bosses. At release, three panthers or other prone capable companions could stun lock bosses forever. Which made plenty of the encounters extremely trivial to do.

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

So I guess level 20 of platesmithing is very worthless? I can't sell poo poo of purple items for a profit, even purple shirts are barely breaking even.

I guess selling to Guardian Fighters, probably the least played class, wasn't a bright idea

Mondian
Apr 24, 2007

Archonex posted:

The founder panther is great for this by the way. It seems useless at first glance, but the rank 30 skill and its passive are basically built for loving over bosses. At release, three panthers or other prone capable companions could stun lock bosses forever. Which made plenty of the encounters extremely trivial to do.

We're talking about value per AD spent and you throw a $200 companion into the conversation?

Comfy Fleece Sweater
Apr 2, 2013

Mondian posted:

We're talking about value per AD spent and you throw a $200 companion into the conversation?

Hey, you also get... some... fancy dress...

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!

Interociter posted:

Share and enjoy.

This thing is the absolute best and I hate myself for not loading this up the instant you started talking about it. Literally everyone needs to use this thing.

tasukiscool
Feb 15, 2003

Voted most likely to be tied to train tracks 2007 - 2008
Slippery Tilde

Interociter posted:

Never upgrade companions. It's a complete waste of money, vs buying a better one for less AD.

I can't stress this enough. To get from green to blue is 500k AD, and from blue to purple is a whopping 750k AD. Only a few of the purple companions sell for more than 1.25 million AD, and you can get some (like the rust monster) for far less.

NatasDog
Feb 9, 2009

Aramek posted:

This thing is the absolute best and I hate myself for not loading this up the instant you started talking about it. Literally everyone needs to use this thing.

It always frustrates me when the people who make these games insist on refusing to offer a built in way to queue jobs or at least set them to repeat. Hey, we'll give you the ability to micromanage your crafting via our web portal, but we won't give you the ability to set and forget the menial poo poo so you have to refresh it every 10 minutes! This script is an acceptable solution to the bullshit timesink that crafting is as implemented.

The Mass Gather/Refine jobs would have been almost acceptable compromise if it didn't take 5x as long to complete them for the same yield running the single run jobs. I'd have been fine with the hands off approach of the mass gathering jobs if the rewards we equivalent to the short run ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

NatasDog posted:

The Mass Gather/Refine jobs would have been almost acceptable compromise if it didn't take 5x as long to complete them for the same yield running the single run jobs. I'd have been fine with the hands off approach of the mass gathering jobs if the rewards we equivalent to the short run ones.

The mass ones are also cheaper in terms of resources, which can be sort of nice. I wonder how they'd do if they made gateway professions only available if you bought a key a month or something, and then actually made them comfortable to use.

But for all my bitching about the gateway, I will say that I want that programmer let loose on the in-game AH and mail and professions UI, at the least.

EDIT: the latest patch actually made the default AH sort be buyout-ascending, which has to reduce the load on their AH server by a factor of 3, in addition to being nicer to use. Between that and enter-to-pick-ok on dialogs, it's like they're starting to pay attention to this stuff!

Subjunctive fucked around with this message at 17:40 on Jan 16, 2014

• Locked thread