Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Hydrogenated
Apr 9, 2010
Could I get an invite for Podium? Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
I owe my brother big time for this!
I am moving over the weekend and it's unlikely I will have internet before the middle of next week. I'm calling them tomorrow to get an apointment setup so hopefully I can get it sooner rather than later, but if not don't expect me for Mon/Wed raiding next week (not that you should ever expect me for Wednesday but yeah).

I should be on tomorrow, though!

blackmage
Sep 9, 2006
I'm playing a melee dps rogue, lvl 54 now, and just realized I'm still using a lvl 20 focus/essences. So I grabbed a 4lesser/1greater focus from the store, and dropped a couple lvl 50 lessers in for stats. Any suggestions or recommendations what would be good to get for a greater? I'm guessing something like the 'physical attack has chance to increase X stat' sorta thing, but they all seem like a pretty small increase, like 20 points on 900. From what's in the AH, it's pretty much either that or something that procs an absorbing shield.

Rianeva
Mar 8, 2009

blackmage posted:

I'm playing a melee dps rogue, lvl 54 now, and just realized I'm still using a lvl 20 focus/essences. So I grabbed a 4lesser/1greater focus from the store, and dropped a couple lvl 50 lessers in for stats. Any suggestions or recommendations what would be good to get for a greater? I'm guessing something like the 'physical attack has chance to increase X stat' sorta thing, but they all seem like a pretty small increase, like 20 points on 900. From what's in the AH, it's pretty much either that or something that procs an absorbing shield.

You want the top-level focus: Sigil of the Five or whatever defiants call theirs, 4 lessers/2 greaters. You can put lessers in greater slots, so in general greaters aren't really that useful to you. Once you hit 60, there are some really nice greaters you can get, but they're also very expensive.

Grittykitty
Aug 10, 2004
Sand makes it scratchy
Soiled Meat

Rianeva posted:

You want the top-level focus: Sigil of the Five or whatever defiants call theirs, 4 lessers/2 greaters. You can put lessers in greater slots, so in general greaters aren't really that useful to you. Once you hit 60, there are some really nice greaters you can get, but they're also very expensive.

At level 56 you can spend all the ESS you've been getting from the SL quests on some decent essences. There's nothing to spend ESS on at 60 so don't feel like you need to be frugal with them.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Rianeva posted:

Flawless Source Machine for Defiants :colbert:.

Grittykitty posted:

At level 56 you can spend all the ESS you've been getting from the SL quests on some decent essences. There's nothing to spend ESS on at 60 so don't feel like you need to be frugal with them.

ESS don't buy anything particularly worthwhile anyway, really. They're nice for getting some level-up gear but that stuff gets replaced like instantly.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Rianeva posted:

This. Ignore greaters until you get Venerated Lycini/Torvan and then buy/farm the good ones (they are orange). The only reason these are worth it is they can be combined with lessers to give you stats + the proc.

PsychicToaster
Jan 12, 2010
Got the guild invite in my mailbox, accepted it within 24 hours, and somehow it didn't work. Could I get another for Raphtheus?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Net contents 12 fluid oz.

Jersey Mike posted:

Got the guild invite in my mailbox, accepted it within 24 hours, and somehow it didn't work. Could I get another for Raphtheus?

I re-sent it!

Thistledown
Dec 18, 2009
I've kind of burnt out for the time being. Do I need to do anything specific to retain my spot in the guild if I come back within a month or two? I'm guessing not but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

Zoness
Jul 24, 2011

Talk to the hand.
Grimey Drawer

Thistledown posted:

I've kind of burnt out for the time being. Do I need to do anything specific to retain my spot in the guild if I come back within a month or two? I'm guessing not but I figured it wouldn't hurt to ask.

How are you on goat sacrifice?

No but are you kidding a lot of people just AFK from the game without notice anyway, I'm impressed you posted about it :golfclap:

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #9 1/15/14

GENERAL
* You can now set the entry point for your Dimension! Dimension Entry Point can be found in the Interactive section of the Dimension category in the RIFT Store.
* Players no longer take drowning damage in dimensions.

SOULS

WARRIOR

RIFTBLADE
* Icy Burst and Fiery Burst now have a maximum range.

StumblyWumbly
Sep 12, 2007

Batmanticore!
Hey, folks, not going to make it to raid tonight.
Taking a class for the next 7 weeks, so we'll see how it goes in general.

Slig
Mar 30, 2010
Looking for a guild invite, character name Sligg

Bonapartisan
May 20, 2004

Emperor of France
Creator of the Code Napoleon
Conqueror of the Ziggy Piggy
I just noticed that the IRC info is still in the first page.

Does anyone even use this? Everything I pop in to #riftgoons there isn't anyone else there.

:(

Dracneir
Oct 11, 2009

HAHA I TOOK AWAY YOUR SPAESS MAREENE AVATAR FAGGOT :qq: SOME MORE
Us cool goons use Rift Mobile. Just make sure to force close it every time so it doesn't crash your phone when you receive a phone call

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Dracneir posted:

Us cool goons use Rift Mobile. Just make sure to force close it every time so it doesn't crash your phone when you receive a phone call

Not having similar issues with the iphone rift mobile app.

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

mr. nobody posted:

the android mobile app is absolutely broken as gently caress. the ios one works fairly well. however, trion manage to break both every reset when they force dc you from the servers for downtime.

there's some interesting stuff up on the pts right now in the current build for 2.6. i really like the idea of bloodfire strongholds as i found the trash phases in strongholds just unbelievably boring and i'm glad they've removed the stacking buff that the stronghold bosses get and the absurd porting around. hopefully theyll give something more than a mount and act as instant gratification boss fights.

also black loyalty is in but at 2.8m loyalty that comes to roughly $8000 spent on credits :stonk:

there's also some datamined stuff relating to 2.6 and 3.0. looks like the first t3 raid will be a 10man and there will be at least 1 sliver in 2.6 (though the instance id suggests it is quest related). also water/amphibious mounts. i have a slight feeling some of the 3.0 zones might be released ahead of time, as the gorboro reef IA existed on pts (though if you entered it your game crashed and your character was unretrievable and had to be deleted).

Retro-Future Rodent
Jul 30, 2008

Ranked 9327th out of 9328 players worldwide.
Thinking about joining Rift soon, I've had a workmate wax lyrical and I have a few questions before I go reading 140 more pages.

Is a player in the UK going to be useless on the NA servers due to lag?
Is a rogue going to be any use, or is it all priests and tanks all the time?
Is the gune guild funtimes and raiding, mostly a chatroom where people boast about their latest griff/scam or hardcore raiding "Get your rear end on at 6pm PST or you're dead to me!"?

I've dabbled in EQ1-2 (still do SoD now and then), EvE, SWG (pre CU) but never really gotten above lvl 20~ content before getting bored and spending more time exploring than playing. Are there things to do even when America's asleep and I don't feel like groping with pubbies?

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

Retro-Future Rodent posted:

groping with pubbies?

hah

The OP should have a level 60 what now guide, take a quick look at that and see all the things that you can do once 'get to 60' is checked off of the list.

I can't speak for euro-time but in-guild or in general there is always something to do whether you're a raider, someone that likes running dungeons endlessly, or a solo/casual player. There is PVP but I don't have any experience with that (it's an optional part of the game, they made it so you can do everything with the opposite faction unless you specifically want to pvp)

Anything you can do in a group you can do cross-server as well so that opens up a lot of possible things to do as well, if you watch for people from other servers looking for more in our level 60 channel, or if you join other servers' level 60 channels to watch for stuff. Depends how much effort you want to put in, you can always lead your own stuff too and be the person looking for more to do whatever.

The free to play model is great, you aren't locked out of any content if you don't pay. The only arguably required real money payment is the souls from the expansion but you can get to 60 without them.

edit:

--Not sure, but you can if you hover your mouse over the 'system' button it will show you framerate/lag etc.

--I'm levelling up a rogue right now and dps is always useful! you can play a bard and play support, and no class is useless as they have multiple roles available to play (coming soon: all classes can fill all roles but right now there are gaps i.e. rogues/warriors can't be healers, mages can't be tanks)

Is the gune guild funtimes and raiding, mostly a chatroom where people boast about their latest griff/scam or hardcore raiding "Get your rear end on at 6pm PST or you're dead to me!"?
--Casuals co-exist with the raiders and I guess if you're gonna raid do your best to be consistent but I don't raid so can't speak for them, if there's hardcore yelling or whatever it only happens in mumble cause there isn't guild chat drama outside of "wtf it's raid time not enough people are on"

mr. nobody fucked around with this message at 21:19 on Jan 19, 2014

shut up gelly
Oct 27, 2011

you wont be useless but the lag is most definitely noticeable. if you are playing builds with certain dps cds (tempest/paragon/harb) it might even be a detriment. that's generally server lag though - in my experience the eu servers are far smoother (especially the non-english cluster) from the uk than the na servers are from east coast us.

rogue dps is kiiiiinda on the low end atm but definitely has the potential to be stellar. rogues have the best tank cooldowns in the game and can pull off stuff that no other tank can.

i will admit us servers are kinda empty during eu primetime, and there isnt really a guild that has reasonable raid times if you are eu based (i cant speak for the goon guild but i raid 1:30am-5:30am local)

Retro-Future Rodent
Jul 30, 2008

:heysexy:

Well thanks to you both I've jumped on and had a play around (the guest account idea is a great way to rope in a new player). Lag seems minimal, interface shortcuts are a little different from what I'm used to, but it's fun so far.

Peasike : Level 6 Purple stabby elf.

Daerc
Sep 23, 2007

Look! A door! This must mean something!

:heysexy:

Well thanks to you both I've jumped on and had a play around (the guest account idea is a great way to rope in a new player). Lag seems minimal, interface shortcuts are a little different from what I'm used to, but it's fun so far.

Peasike : Level 6 Purple stabby elf.

You were able to send me (Loracia) a tell with the mobile app and rift refuses to acknowledge your character existing when I tried to reply. :iiam:

You should have a guild invite in the mail box next time you log in though.

The Locator
Sep 12, 2004

Out here, everything hurts.

So I'm a brand new level 50 now. I'm faced with choices. I hate choices.

There are two destinations on Storm Legion, and some Island that warns me I should have 'end game' gear.

I assume the island was an addition before the level cap was raised, and I should head to one of the two destinations on Storm Legion. Which one? I may have missed some text somewhere explaining the difference (I might click stuff too fast), but the current text says nothing except "go here, or here?".

rawr im a tree
Jul 4, 2008

The Locator posted:

So I'm a brand new level 50 now. I'm faced with choices. I hate choices.

There are two destinations on Storm Legion, and some Island that warns me I should have 'end game' gear.

I assume the island was an addition before the level cap was raised, and I should head to one of the two destinations on Storm Legion. Which one? I may have missed some text somewhere explaining the difference (I might click stuff too fast), but the current text says nothing except "go here, or here?".

it doesn't matter.

e: do cape jule that zone owns.

EbolaIvory
Jul 6, 2007

NOM NOM NOM

mr. nobody posted:

Not having many issues with the Android version. The only "issue" I have is sometimes it will open a second scratch off of the exact same thing if I rotate my phone at the exact time the first one loads.

Stock US Verizon G2. Never crashes my phone.

Brackhar
Aug 26, 2006

I'll give you a definite maybe.
Well, I tried poking at this again last night, and was sad to find that my 2-handed warrior build no longer exists since they repurposed the soul. Yeah, I can still do 2h dps with Paragon, but it just won't be the same. :(

Onmi
Jul 12, 2013

If someone says it one more time I'm having Florina show up as a corpse. I'm not even kidding, I was pissed off with people doing that shit back in 2010, and I'm not dealing with it now in 2016.
So currently running a warrior and since I'm a gigantic lover of Paladins one of my souls being Paladin was a no brainer. However I'm horrible at building characters and I want to lean more Hybrid than pure tank. This is the build idea I currently have and I'm fairly certain it's utterly terrible.

http://www.rifthead.com/stc/zzukBl0oxuuzobGkksvlokhkbhzvx0V0o

The idea is to use Warlords ability to allow Blocks without shields to let the Paladin do its thing, with some of the Champions skills for aggression.

Kreczor
Oct 30, 2011

I'd still rather play with medieval knights online then go outside and "hang out".

Brackhar posted:

Well, I tried poking at this again last night, and was sad to find that my 2-handed warrior build no longer exists since they repurposed the soul. Yeah, I can still do 2h dps with Paragon, but it just won't be the same. :(

You can use a 2-handed warrior build with all souls except the tank ones. I currently use a 2h for pure riftblade (because I'm lovely and refuse to learn another spec).

Retro-Future Rodent
Jul 30, 2008

Daerc posted:

You were able to send me (Loracia) a tell with the mobile app and rift refuses to acknowledge your character existing when I tried to reply. :iiam:

You should have a guild invite in the mail box next time you log in though.

It's shown you as online since, too. Hopefully it's just the app being weird because I'm overseas and not because the account is bugged :confused: Thanks for sending it through so quickly, hopefully I'll get on tonight and pick that up.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005
Okay so I'll have internet back on Wednesday but I have a concert to go to. So I won't really see you bitches until Thursday. Good luck with things until then!

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!
Okay, so, a few nuggets of wisdom regarding Inscribed Sourcestones now that I've finally finished that grind:

Trion recently added a quest chain that awards Keepers rep while neglecting to add any new ways of getting Inscribed Sourcestones, which you need thousands of to get the Keeper costume pieces (they're also used for the Kelari/Farclan costumes, including something that's basically a leather bikini on females and BDSM straps on males). So here's how you grind them:

If you do level 50 zone events and DO NOT MENTOR AT ALL, you get 300-500 ISS at the end. If you mentor and do something that gives completion credit, you get 200-300 Infinity Stones if/when it completes instead (yes, that means you can snipe level 50 bosses to get Infinity Stones, but good luck with that since the events usually fail from wardstones getting overrun). You'll get 30-50 ISS for completing stages with credit whether you mentor or not.

Kill Gargonot in the EI crater if he's up. Despite the raid portrait, he does so little damage that he can't make my health bar go down in my Shaman glass cannon spec, so he's basically a big bag of health that coughs up 500 ISS when he dies.

EI has a weekly for doing 4 EI zone events other than the new one that gives 500, Meridian/Sanctum have a weekly that gives 500 for doing 4 level 50 events.

Level 50 DRR gives 300. You usually can't pet-tank them and especially can't beacon-tank them because of bosses with "move or die" mechanics, and you'll need some sort of heal because the bosses are raid-style jerks that spam off-aggro targets a lot. You can usually duo them though.

Level 30 DRR gives 150.

One of the dailies at Ember Watch gives 50. Anything that gives an EI reward bag might give 50, but it's like a 1/4-1/3 drop rate, so gently caress that.

Also, if you're like me and ran out of planarite from doing your GH rank grind or buying capes, level 50 events are pretty much the third-best thing for getting it after Volan and Swarm of the Century, just find a wardstone with a ton of invasions on it and vaporize them for 500 at a time.

OneEightHundred fucked around with this message at 07:28 on Jan 21, 2014

mr. nobody
Sep 25, 2004

OneEightHundred posted:

Also, if you're like me and ran out of planarite from doing your GH rank grind or buying capes, level 50 events are pretty much the third-best thing for getting it after Volan and Swarm of the Century, just find a wardstone with a ton of invasions on it and vaporize them for 500 at a time.

Mentor down for the invasion planarite or stay level 60? (seems so wrong to get more ISS unmentored)

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

mr. nobody posted:

Mentor down for the invasion planarite or stay level 60? (seems so wrong to get more ISS unmentored)
Stay 60 if you want planarite, you get the same amount whether you're mentored or not.

Also Unleash Oblivion/Unbounded Oblivion is pretty much the best thing for nuking a wardstone because it doesn't seem to have a target limit.

do u believe in marigolds
Sep 13, 2007
RIFT 2.5: Hotfix #10 1/22/14

SOULS

WARRIOR

RIFTBLADE
* Bursts now only trigger on damage being dealt instead of on a successful cast.

TEMPEST
* Focused Fire: No longer overwrites crit buffs from Bottles of Spell Strike & Critical Strike.

ZONES

STEPPES OF INFINITY
* Fixed the spawn point of 2 artifacts near the Infinity Gate. (Thanks to forum-member Lllok!)
* The rare Steppes of Infinity artifact "Detricus' Mistake" should now show up as intended. (Thanks to Lllok again!)

DUNGEONS AND INSTANCES
* Raised the amount of Frozen Eclipse Stones that drop from Planebreaker's Bastion, Infinity Gate, and Grim Awakening bosses.
* Many AoEs no longer affect pets:
- Viktus: Gathering Radiance
- Mordan: Expunge Darkness
- Progenitor Saetos: Bounding Malevolence, Entropic Abyss, Zone of Defilement, and Soul Rupture
- Matriarch of Pestilence: Aura of Corruption
- Goloch: Baleful Smash
- Kaliban: Crushing Silence
- Kyzan: Phase Rip and Delayed Annihilation
- Ix'ior: Sandstorm

DIMENSIONS
* Fixed a problem with non-owners placing and moving the Dimension Entry Point in a dimension and having it not actually change the entry point. Sorry about that!

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

quote:

* Many AoEs no longer affect pets:
- Viktus: Gathering Radiance
- Mordan: Expunge Darkness
- Progenitor Saetos: Bounding Malevolence, Entropic Abyss, Zone of Defilement, and Soul Rupture
- Matriarch of Pestilence: Aura of Corruption
- Goloch: Baleful Smash
- Kaliban: Crushing Silence
- Kyzan: Phase Rip and Delayed Annihilation
- Ix'ior: Sandstorm

pet specs for everything!

Eltoasto
Aug 26, 2002

We come spinning out of nothingness, scattering stars like dust.

PET SPEC RAID TONIGHT

everyone bring your favorite pet spec and we shall drown the bosses in goatmen and raptors.

Judge Holdren
Mar 30, 2012

Looking for a guild invite, character name is Ramuh.

necrotic
Aug 2, 2005

Eltoasto posted:

PET SPEC RAID TONIGHT

everyone bring your favorite pet spec and we shall drown the bosses in goatmen and raptors.

You have no idea how excited I am (turns out I will be on, poo poo happened with the concert sadly).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Decairn
Dec 1, 2007

necrotic posted:

pet specs for everything!

Everything that we barely fight :(

• Locked thread