Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Caesarian Sectarian
Oct 19, 2004

TheDK posted:

How much does shipping typically cost to the US from HLJ? I've never bought anything from them but just pre-ordered Wheeljack and it won't give me shipping costs until the product comes in (and my order is charged).

About $10 for international express, usually takes about 3 - 4 days at most to get to me in Pennsylvania. They have a cheaper option but it doesn't have tracking and takes a week or two, but it's only about $2 cheaper.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

The amazon exclusive accessory is apparently this:

An ANTI-MIND CONTROL DEVICE that works MOST OF THE TIME.

(just to be sure, if the image was on imgur already I don't have to re-host it, do I?)

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Lemme tell ya 'bout your blood bamboo kid.
It ain't Coca-Cola, it's rice.

I went to TFW to see where this came from, and was...nonplussed to see that the rumored Jhiaxus toy will be an homage to the orange and white RID toy. That's gotta be intentional trolling of G2 fans at this point, right?

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd like a chunky g2 comics Jhiaxus but really, it's not likely they would do a new mold for such an obscure character.

I don't like mad scientist jhiaxus very much, I always liked unstable conqueror Jhiaxus more:

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Blackheart posted:

I'd like a chunky g2 comics Jhiaxus but really, it's not likely they would do a new mold for such an obscure character.

I don't like mad scientist jhiaxus very much, I always liked unstable conqueror Jhiaxus more:

I'm working on a custom, complete with hex bolt shoulders. Maybe this year I will finally finish it.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

I'd love to see it once it's complete!

I just watched Peaugh's review of uniquetoys Maniaking and despite the out-of-place white he really is a super interesting figure. What really ruins him for me is the stupid lack of wrist swivels. WHYYYYYY. Even hasbro has given some figures with flip-out hands wrist swivels (Orion Pax, Blitzwing, Springer) so "it's because of the transformation" isn't an issue anymore.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Sorry, what am I looking at?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Nightbeat looks cool, yet another member in the Jazz army. I've got Jazz, G2 Jazz and Wheelie already.

Kinda glad that they're re-using the older Classics/Universe molds in the new line. This means that we could get the Universe 2.0 Hound repainted as somebody.

Disappointed about Jihaxis though, because in the comics he looks like a robot made out of garbage and candy and I really wanted an accurate toy just to see what he would turn into. But I'll take the RID one because it's got a new held sculpt.

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Jan 14, 2014

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?

Blackheart posted:

I'd love to see it once it's complete!

I just watched Peaugh's review of uniquetoys Maniaking and despite the out-of-place white he really is a super interesting figure. What really ruins him for me is the stupid lack of wrist swivels. WHYYYYYY. Even hasbro has given some figures with flip-out hands wrist swivels (Orion Pax, Blitzwing, Springer) so "it's because of the transformation" isn't an issue anymore.

CURLING-IRON ARMS AAAAAAAAARRRRGHHHHH!!!!!!

Unacceptable on a 20-dollar Hasbro toy, much less a $100+ third-party product. What a loving disaster.

catch22
Feb 17, 2006

Blackheart posted:

They do molds for obscure characters. Hell, how many movies figures are new molds of non-movie characters?

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

catch22 posted:

They do molds for obscure characters. Hell, how many movies figures are new molds of non-movie characters?

Sky Shadow only got a unique head remold and he is probably the most obscure character in generations as a whole.

However considering that there are multiple size classes of the same character there's a real good chance at maybe getting another Jihaxus figure. His head on the starscream body looks very similar to the mystery head on the Voyager Lugnut.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

I'm pretty sure late era G2 comic book only characters are in the same tier of obscure as late era Japanese only G1 and maybe those european only G1/G2 bots.

And yeah I'd rather get a G2 Jhiaxus than anything to do with the lovely modern comic version. Dead universe should stay dead etc, though a Nova Prime voyager would be aces but that's never going to happen.

Blackheart
Mar 22, 2013

catch22 posted:

I just said it's unlikely. I will always love them for doing Straxus and Thunderwing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
Well if they're willing to repaint Starscream molds into non-seeker guys I'm glad that Armada Starscream means we don't need to sit through more waves that feature even more Thundercracker and Skywarp repaints.

Then again G2 really isn't a whole plethora of good figures to begin with and kinda sucks from a visual and lore standpoint....there I said it. :colbert:

Wingblade looks like an entirely original mold though, so I wonder if Arcee is going to be the retool.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Are the things on the shoulders supposed to be searchlights?

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Arsenal_12 posted:

Are the things on the shoulders supposed to be searchlights?

Hey, they could repaint him again into Searchlight!

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

Phy posted:

Hey, they could repaint him again into Searchlight!

I would have no problem with releasing the Throttle bots as deluxes. Just re-use the Jazz, Wheeljack/Tracks, and Sunstreaker/Sideswipe molds, along with Hound's mold and then someone needs to find a Dumptruck.

Or for shits and giggles instead of Hound use ironhide/Racthet's mold because it needs to be bought again! :black101:

The Taint Reaper fucked around with this message at 20:38 on Jan 14, 2014

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
I'll spin it for you quick...

Hells yeah! Just need a Red, Green, and Yellow after this and I'll have all the colors of the rainbow (plus atleast two schemes each for white, black, and purple).

strangehamster
Sep 21, 2010

dance the night away

SpikeMcclane posted:

Hells yeah! Just need a Red, Green, and Yellow after this and I'll have all the colors of the rainbow (plus atleast two schemes each for white, black, and purple).

RTS Jazz is now a car-seeker. Botcon will release a 3-pk in red/green/yellow colors in 2015. It will cost approximately $149 and will mysteriously sell out of 3000 units before the show begins on Friday. I'm also super concerned the female-samurai-deluxe-jet won't get at least two of the standard repaints.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?

TheDK posted:

How much does shipping typically cost to the US from HLJ? I've never bought anything from them but just pre-ordered Wheeljack and it won't give me shipping costs until the product comes in (and my order is charged).
It shouldn't be too bad, since HLJ also charges actual shipping costs, instead of cutting price further and then making up for it by charging extra for handling. I've typically just used their 60 day warehouse thing to combine shipping on everything, which saves a ton.

strangehamster posted:

RTS Jazz is now a car-seeker. Botcon will release a 3-pk in red/green/yellow colors in 2015. It will cost approximately $149 and will mysteriously sell out of 3000 units before the show begins on Friday. I'm also super concerned the female-samurai-deluxe-jet won't get at least two of the standard repaints.

I called it that in the previous thread, I'm pretty sure. Also, that's the only way to get me to buy a botcon toy.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

strangehamster posted:

Real good chance that she's going to be Arcee. Her torso even has the same vent markings as Arcee.

Goldskull
Feb 20, 2011

I can't even remember who Nightbeat is from the comics, and the Armada Starscream mold was pretty crap to begin with.
Was Nightbeat in the Dreadwing/Micromasters era or G2?

oh yeah edit: The MP Wheeljack I've ordered off Kapow said today it comes with a 'Hypno exclusive'

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine
I entirely forgot that Nightbeat was a headmaster.

Sofar we've gotten powermasters, targetmasters, Micromasters, triple changers, and now they're redoing Headmaster guys just minus the headmaster gimmick.

Pretenders pretty much are untouched except for Skullgrin.

Just wish they'd release more than 2 guys per voyager and legends wave.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
Nightbeat is the detective/sherlock dude. He died a few years ago in the comic (I think in his spotlight issue), and what happened to his body has been kind of important in the last few issues. The original toy was a headmaster, same mold as Minerva, I think.

The Taint Reaper posted:

Pretenders pretty much are untouched except for Skullgrin.
Thunderwing.

The Taint Reaper
Sep 4, 2012

by Shine

SpikeMcclane posted:

Thunderwing.

Oh yeah him too.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Isn't Nightbeat one of Furman's pet characters? His recent appearance was so completely terrible too.

Also, fake Vaerai is slipping, Bludgeon is a pretender. And Skyhammer might originally be a pretender name.

AzraelNewtype
Nov 9, 2004

「ブレストバーン!!」
Also Metalhawk, though he was Botcon rather than wide release.

GET IN THE ROBOT
Nov 28, 2007

JUST GET IN THE FUCKING ROBOT SHINJI
It's cool that Nightbeat is going to be a Jazz redeco, I was expecting Bumblebee\Goldfire myself.

I want Armada Starscream to be redecoed into Metalhawk instead of the other seekers. It's sorta lame that he doesn't come with a mini-con and his wings aren't swords, though.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Gammatron 64 posted:

It's cool that Nightbeat is going to be a Jazz redeco, I was expecting Bumblebee\Goldfire myself.

I was hoping for Bumblebee, frankly. Nightbeat needs a flat chest, not a cab chest.

Gammatron 64 posted:

I want Armada Starscream to be redecoed into Metalhawk instead of the other seekers.

Great idea! If Hasbro doesn't I sure as hell will.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

The Taint Reaper posted:

I would have no problem with releasing the Throttle bots as deluxes. Just re-use the Jazz, Wheeljack/Tracks, and Sunstreaker/Sideswipe molds, along with Hound's mold and then someone needs to find a Dumptruck.

Or for shits and giggles instead of Hound use ironhide/Racthet's mold because it needs to be bought again! :black101:
The Sunstreaker/Sideswipe mold is on its last legs. The Breakdown I got from the figure subscription service is floppy as hell, I doubt the mold could support another mass release.

AzraelNewtype posted:

Also Metalhawk, though he was Botcon rather than wide release.
In that case, Octopunch too. Also Bumblebee, Grimlock, Jazz, and Starscream also all had Pretender versions.

drat, that's a lot of Pretenders in Generations.

Lepecard
May 19, 2009
Soiled Meat
The Jhiaxus mold looks okay and i'm glad it's more than just a recolor with a new head but I can definitely say i'm more excited to see what Why Cookie Rocket makes!

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.
Age of Extinction Premium Edition Optimus Prime Revealed

Well, that is certainly...um...that is to say, it's very...er...

Jesus Christ, Hasbro. :cripes:

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:
Kids will love it. Easy to transform and cool little details.

Keldroc
Apr 19, 2004

Marketing materials and speculation are not spoilers. Jesus Christ.

Veg posted:

Kids will love it. Easy to transform and cool little details.

Yeah, you can tell it's for kids by the way they use a pack of cigarettes for the size comparison.

Oh well, money saved. I was really hoping for some decent Dinobots, though.

Veg
Oct 13, 2008

:smug::smug::xd:

Keldroc posted:

Yeah, you can tell it's for kids by the way they use a pack of cigarettes for the size comparison.

Oh well, money saved. I was really hoping for some decent Dinobots, though.

No. I can tell its for kids because its a Hasbro Transformers product, not some japanese $500 display piece.

Arsenal_12
May 7, 2007

Keldroc posted:

Age of Extinction Premium Edition Optimus Prime Revealed

Well, that is certainly...um...that is to say, it's very...er...

Jesus Christ, Hasbro. :cripes:

Looks like a knock off.

I bought almost the entire line of the first movie figures. For the second movie I bought Leader Prime and a few toys here and there. Current plan for this line is to ignore it completely unless something really amazing comes out.

SpikeMcclane
Sep 11, 2005

You want the story?
That's not a transformer. That's a robot inside a completely separable, truck-shaped pretender shell.

Why cookie Rocket
Dec 2, 2003

Veg posted:

No. I can tell its for kids because its a Hasbro Transformers product, not some japanese $500 display piece.

I don't understand why you're so eager to defend it. People are always saying it's ok if something is lovely because it's "for kids" but kids should be raised on high-quality fun, so they have good taste as adults. IMO, etc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Shitty Reporter
Oct 29, 2012
Dinosaur Gum
Forget how ugly it is. How did something with that many thin, huge panels past the drop test?