Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Lionel Richie
Nov 14, 2004

If the Tony Abbott XI win does that mean Tony Abbott is right?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Byolante
Mar 23, 2008

by Cyrano4747
Cook should be able to get a 457 visa because we really don't have any choke artists of his calibre.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

Byolante posted:

Cook should be able to get a 457 visa because we really don't have any choke artists of his calibre.

Gone for 1 off one B Lee's bowling.

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Aaaaaaand he's out for 1. At least he lasted one more ball than Piers did.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
http://www.cricket.com.au/news-list/2014/1/14/prime-ministers-xi-v-england-match-report

there's a live stream of the game there but why does it look like I'm watching footage from the 80's?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Umpire's surname is Grocock. I'm not very mature.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Airstream Driver posted:

Umpire's surname is Grocock. I'm not very mature.

Please let there be a charity match umpired by Grocock and Dicky Bird

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

a real chump
Jul 30, 2003

noice
Nap Ghost
Its about 7 billion degrees in Canberra right now so it must be miserable to be there.

Paracausal
Sep 5, 2011

Oh yeah, baby. Frame your suffering as a masterpiece. Only one problem - no one's watching. It's boring, buddy, boring as death.

-Spiffy- posted:

Its about 7 billion degrees in Canberra right now so it must be miserable to be there.

So much cooler at night which makes it bearable.

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice
Has England lost every match on this tour?

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Nah, they're undefeated in their tour matches so far. Won 1 drawn 3.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

No way the thunder can lose this one.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

:swoon:FYFE:swoon:
Yeah, the thunder actually have a chance to win here. They will still most likely find a way to gently caress it up.

cmndstab
May 20, 2006

Huge Internet Celebrity!
They are always in a position to win, every single match. They just manage to screw it up every time.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

This is a pitiful total.

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
The Thunder are possibly going to win

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher
PM XI turned out to be every bit as poo poo as Abbott is.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Cat Terrist posted:

PM XI turned out to be every bit as poo poo as Abbott is.

Fairly certain that's not possible.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Lionel Richie posted:

Earlier on I watched some of this BBL you all go on about, and as god as my witness I saw Luke Wright twatting it about all over the place and getting much praise for it. And suddenly I realised why so many of our trash move to Australia.

They came over for the ashes series mate, they're going back home again soon

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
I hope the Thunder still manage to find some way to lose this match.

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
Well I'm kinda glad Tomic retired after one set so I can see history being made here. Thundahhhhhhhhh!

MacDougall
Apr 21, 2008

Definitely Australian
ThunDAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Burn Down Canberra
Oct 27, 2005

GAME PLANS? We don't need no stinking game plans.

:cry: :cry: :cry:
Woo go the mighty thunder.

I wish the BBL commentators did the test matches.

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

The Thunder are less interesting now they have won a match.

Centusin
Aug 5, 2009
Gideon Haigh posted some stuff from Mark Boucher's book on his blog and there was an interesting bit about Channel Nine.

quote:

Boucher recalls a conversation from the 2008-9 South African tour in which his countryman Tony Greig divulged the Channel 9 policy of uncompromising approbation where Australian players were concerned: ‘Everything had to be positive. I asked him: ‘How can you always be positive? What happens if Ricky Ponting plays a bad shot – walks across his stumps and tries to work one through the leg side?’ He said: ‘There are easy ways to do it. You don’t always have to criticise. You can praise the bowler.’ I listened to his commentary when Ponting was out – he played across the lines and was lbw. Greigy was: ‘Ah, great bowling! He knows Ponting moves across his stumps and that shot is his strength. On another day he would have whipped that through mid-wicket for four!’

EMC
Aug 17, 2004

Clearly that policy is still in place, just listen to Slater suck Watson's dick constantly despite him being hot garbage

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Surprise surprise the Aus vs Pak series has been shortened to 2 tests so they can fit in a one day series and a couple of 20/20s. Yay.

iajanus
Aug 17, 2004

NUMBER 1 QUEENSLAND SUPPORTER
MAROONS 2023 STATE OF ORIGIN CHAMPIONS FOR LIFE

Airstream Driver posted:

Surprise surprise the Aus vs Pak series has been shortened to 2 tests so they can fit in a one day series and a couple of 20/20s. Yay.

Got to give the punters what they want.

Coq au Nandos
Nov 7, 2006

I think I would say to my daughters if they were to ask me this question... A shitpost is the greatest gift that you can give someone, the ultimate gift of giving and don't give it to someone lightly, that's what I would say.

iajanus posted:

Got to give the punters what they want.

The Pakistani team wanted a one day series?

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Going for the reverse-sweep then loving it up is always one of the more embarrassing dismissals.

Mister Chief
Jun 6, 2011

I'm genuinely impressed that they remember to say "Bunnings Warehouse™ Replay" every time.

baked
Apr 1, 2005

i took a little nap where the roots all twist; squished a rotten peach in my fist.
Almost as bad as listening to SEN during a footy game.

Whoever that guy they interviewed during innings break was a knob... But that's hardly surprising

NPR Journalizard
Feb 14, 2008

Doctor Cave posted:

Going for the reverse-sweep then loving it up is always one of the more embarrassing dismissals.

I like the ones where they try to lob it up over the keeper, gently caress up the angle and hit it into their own wickets.

thehappyprince
Apr 4, 2006

Alastair Cock

that commentary thing explains so much

Airstream Driver
May 6, 2009

Do they call Mark Waugh 'Junior'? I keep thinking they say Jew.

glasnost toyboy
May 29, 2009

Airstream Driver posted:

Do they call Mark Waugh 'Junior'? I keep thinking they say Jew.

Yeah, but his previous nickname 'Afghanistan', was better.

Unimpressed
Feb 13, 2013

glasnost toyboy posted:

Yeah the Aussies were once capable of witty nicknames. Now we have Watto, Ryano and Lyono...

put both hands in
Nov 28, 2007

Haha O'Keefe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RideTheSpiral
Sep 18, 2005
College Slice

glasnost toyboy posted:

Mark 'Third Afghan' Waugh ??

• Locked thread