Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.
Who says I was gonna recommend a grand? gently caress that, tell him he's an idiot and completely destroyed any value the car had by painting it like Stevie Wonder and offer him 300.

Then get it home and wipe all that crap off with 10 bucks worth of acetone. It's $16 a gallon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

kastein posted:

Who says I was gonna recommend a grand? gently caress that, tell him he's an idiot and completely destroyed any value the car had by painting it like Stevie Wonder and offer him 300.

Then get it home and wipe all that crap off with 10 bucks worth of acetone. It's $16 a gallon.

I want someone to just go out there and ask him what he was thinking.
"It is stolen and I painted it in a parking garage while running from the police" seems like to the only excuse I can imagine.

Tai-Pan
Feb 10, 2001

leica posted:

The only thing worth a poo poo in that car is the motor, the rest is garbage.

Actually, if the rust isn't bad, that is about right for numbers matching Mach 1 with a rebuilt engine.
Paint it matte black, find some less offensive Craggars and drive as-is.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

Tai-Pan posted:

Actually, if the rust isn't bad, that is about right for numbers matching Mach 1 with a rebuilt engine.

You're probably right if it's a legit numbers matching Mach 1, but I'm assuming it's probably not.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Moderator at http://www.ridgelineownersclub.com/forums/and soon to be mod of AI. MAKE AI GREAT AGAIN. Motronic for VP.

Tai-Pan posted:

The paint doesn't even match, I really doubt the numbers do. :haw:

kastein fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 12, 2014

Industrial
May 31, 2001

Everyone here wishes I would ragequit my life
Thank god they offer financing

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Turbo Fondant
Oct 25, 2010

Edit: ^-Not a bad deal if the trunk is full of :catdrugs:

Acetone? I think most of that would come off with a good pressure wash.
Getting the paint out of the top though? That would hurt.

Turbo Fondant fucked around with this message at 00:37 on Jan 12, 2014

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

I guess that Celica is gonna have to go on a gluten free diet :v:

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

leica posted:

I guess that Celica is gonna have to go on a gluten free diet :v:

I'm disappointed that there's no gluten in corn, the ethanol jokes would have just flowed.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I LOVE this.

A few weeks ago, this mustang for sale:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/4226897131.html

Now, some of you may remember we had a polar vortex of some sort last week.

Two hours ago:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/4287071321.html

Guess you should've picked up a $400 set of winter tires, guy. You'll also notice sometime between these two ads he lost a grand worth of "up grades".

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

That front bumper looks non-stock to me, so I'd bet there was $1k in that between the part and paint.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Eh its just a $320 cobra bumper you can find at americanmuscle.com, hes probably just dumb. He forgot to mention in the first ad that he must've blown the motor, ad #1 says 120k miles, ad #2 says the motor has 60k.

edit: Nm, he says he swapped a 5.0 in there.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:24 on Jan 14, 2014

Elephanthead
Sep 11, 2008

Toilet Rascal
$5,000 mustang with $5,000 worth of body damage, a Craigslist favorite.

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Elephanthead posted:

just needs a tuneup and A/C recharge

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Elephanthead posted:

My other craigslist favorite is "I am completely upside down on my loan, I want 17k dollars for a car that's worth on a good day 10k, no time wasters!!"

As seen here:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4283135566.html

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

Octopus Magic posted:

My other craigslist favorite is "I am completely upside down on my loan, I want 17k dollars for a car that's worth on a good day 10k, no time wasters!!"

As seen here:

http://boston.craigslist.org/gbs/cto/4283135566.html

...you're telling me an 06 S2k with 75k is only worth $10k..?
I sold a yellow 04 with 65k on it for $14.5k a couple of years ago.

Viggen
Sep 10, 2010

by XyloJW

Why the hell would you even take that first shot? It looks like car bukkake. (Oh god its in my eyes! :supaburn:)

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

West SAAB Story posted:

Why the hell would you even take that first shot? It looks like car bukkake. (Oh god its in my eyes! :supaburn:)

It seems to be a new thing with the kids. I saw at least three Craigslist ads with that type of photo in them tonight alone.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

BlackMK4 posted:

...you're telling me an 06 S2k with 75k is only worth $10k..?
I sold a yellow 04 with 65k on it for $14.5k a couple of years ago.

Blue book for excellent is around 11-12k (which I don't think his is in judging by his fiscal wizardry). Whether you believe it or not, that's another question, but you can find better examples for much cheaper.

blk
Dec 19, 2009

Octopus Magic posted:

Blue book for excellent is around 11-12k (which I don't think his is in judging by his fiscal wizardry). Whether you believe it or not, that's another question, but you can find better examples for much cheaper.

Have you seen a non-yellow sub 100k mile in good nick for under 10k US? More significantly, can you find me one?

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
That car could easily sell for 16.5k as long as there isn't anything wrong with it.

VideoTapir
Oct 18, 2005

He'll tire eventually.

Octopus Magic posted:

KBB doesn't sell cars.

They're pretty bad at pricing anything low-volume, or any locale with unusual preferences. I'd trust KBB's opinion on the value of an Accord, but not an S2K.

angryhampster
Oct 21, 2005

Cage posted:

Two hours ago:

http://rochester.craigslist.org/cto/4287071321.html

Guess you should've picked up a $400 set of winter tires, guy. You'll also notice sometime between these two ads he lost a grand worth of "up grades".

Aside from the damage, the $1600 engine swap and $600 turbo intrigue me.

Literally Lewis Hamilton
Feb 22, 2005

If you can find an under 10k S2000 it's a poo poo pile. That car could sell all day at that price.

Dr.Caligari
May 5, 2005

"Here's a big, beautiful avatar for someone"
Someone posted this over the 'awesome AI stuff' thread.. Not quite as cool as the lifted Lexus though.

I would really like to see some engine pics

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4278158605.html

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Pham Nuwen
Oct 30, 2010

Dr.Caligari posted:

Someone posted this over the 'awesome AI stuff' thread.. Not quite as cool as the lifted Lexus though.

I would really like to see some engine pics

http://portland.craigslist.org/mlt/cto/4278158605.html

I'd turn my head... in the other direction.

Nocheez
Sep 5, 2000

Can you spare a little cheddar?
Nap Ghost
A Sebring on a Blazer frame? Was he trying to merge two of the most unreliable vehicles in recent memory?

Boaz MacPhereson
Jul 11, 2006

Day 12045 Ht10hands 180lbs
No Name
No lumps No Bumps Full life Clean
Two good eyes No Busted Limbs
Piss OK Genitals intact
Multiple scars Heals fast
O NEGATIVE HI OCTANE
UNIVERSAL DONOR
Lone Road Warrior Rundown
on the Powder Lakes V8
No guzzoline No supplies
ISOLATE PSYCHOTIC
Keep muzzled...

Nocheez posted:

A Sebring on a Blazer frame? Was he trying to merge two of the most unreliable vehicles in recent memory?

More and more, I'm finding the Blazer to be the Fiero of the 4x4 conversion world. Random car jacked up on big tires? Probably a Blazer.

slidebite
Nov 6, 2005

Good egg
:colbert:

Timeline of lovely conversion donor cars:

Beetle->Pinto->Fiero->Blazer->??

:iiam:

opengl
Sep 16, 2010

Knew it'd be a blazer before clicking. It's always a blazer. Also, rat rod has no meaning anymore.

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you

Bovril Delight posted:

If you can find an under 10k S2000 it's a poo poo pile. That car could sell all day at that price.

Either that or it's a salvage title, or both.

kastein
Aug 31, 2011

Boaz MacPhereson posted:

More and more, I'm finding the Blazer to be the Fiero of the 4x4 conversion world. Random car jacked up on big tires? Probably a Blazer.

Yep... rednecks. :rolleyes:

Tree fitty/tree fitty combo wit a blazer frame an 3%55 runnin gearz I tell you what! :bahgawd:

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot
Its the S10 blazer right? Or the K5?

I thought the S10 was a unibody, but I could be wrong.

Darchangel
Feb 12, 2009

Tell him about the blower!

BrokenKnucklez posted:

Its the S10 blazer right? Or the K5?

I thought the S10 was a unibody, but I could be wrong.

S10/blazer/Sonoma/S15 Jimmy was full frame.
I think the Trailblazer was unibody.

Edit: Wikipedia implies hat the first-gen Trailblazer was unibody by stating that the second-gen "returns to the roots of General Motors' classic body-on-frame SUV's that the first-generation TrailBlazer abandoned. As is the case with the original Chevrolet Blazer (1969-1994), Tahoe (1995-present), Suburban (1935–present), S10-based Blazer (1983-2005), the TrailBlazer will be based on a pickup truck chassis, in this case the 2012 Chevrolet Colorado."

BrokenKnucklez
Apr 22, 2008

by zen death robot

Darchangel posted:

S10/blazer/Sonoma/S15 Jimmy was full frame.
I think the Trailblazer was unibody.

Edit: Wikipedia implies hat the first-gen Trailblazer was unibody by stating that the second-gen "returns to the roots of General Motors' classic body-on-frame SUV's that the first-generation TrailBlazer abandoned. As is the case with the original Chevrolet Blazer (1969-1994), Tahoe (1995-present), Suburban (1935–present), S10-based Blazer (1983-2005), the TrailBlazer will be based on a pickup truck chassis, in this case the 2012 Chevrolet Colorado."

From what I have read... it claims to be body on frame. Some one go outside and look at their tralbalzer and see if its got a truck frame under there.

IOwnCalculus
Apr 2, 2003

My mom has an '02 Trailblazer and I'm pretty damned sure it's body-on-frame.

ironblock
Aug 23, 2013

Screw practicality, best 1 mile commute ever.

Nodoze posted:

Either that or it's a salvage title, or both.

In the US, sure. The market for older cars is different in Japan.

http://www.tradecarview.com/used_car/japan%20car/honda/s2000/14223457/

I bought my RX-7 for $3500, and shipping/insurance to the Caribbean was about $1600. I have no idea what import duties are like in the US, but if you live near a port city, I imagine you could get a seriously nice car for cheap.

BlackMK4
Aug 23, 2006

wat.
Megamarm

ironblock posted:

I bought my RX-7 for $3500, and shipping/insurance to the Caribbean was about $1600. I have no idea what import duties are like in the US, but if you live near a port city, I imagine you could get a seriously nice car for cheap.

Apples to oranges.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffle House
Oct 27, 2004

You follow the path
fitting into an infinite pattern.

Yours to manipulate, to destroy and rebuild.

Now, in the quantum moment
before the closure
when all become one.

One moment left.
One point of space and time.

I know who you are.

You are Destiny.

ironblock posted:

If I (in the United States) am just buying an imported car for parts through a channel such as that, and am not trying to register and drive it, is there anything legally stopping me from doing so?

Waffle House fucked around with this message at 21:05 on Jan 17, 2014