Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I'd ditch Facebook in a second, but none of my friends from college 'understand' twitter and would rather post Buzzfeed links on their Facebook feed as a form of self expression.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Another Person posted:

On the other hand, nobody I know did this. How is that service actually doing?

Going in circles mostly.

tao of lmao
Oct 9, 2005

Another Person posted:

On the other hand, nobody I know did this. How is that service actually doing?

Some, if not all, the actual service aspects of it are as good if not better than facebook, but no one uses it.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Going in circles mostly.

Somebody get this poster a drink or something. They deserve it.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

Dork457 posted:

What's up with the Quick Look of 3089? The game seems positively awful, did this game have any kind of cult following that prompted them to cover it, or have releases really dried up?
Playing random horrible games gave us the Motorbike quick look so the "nothing comes out until end of february" dry spell might end up being a blessing in disguise. And hey, probably means more Nidhogg on UPF!

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Another Person posted:

Somebody get this poster a drink or something. They deserve it.

Thank you thank you, tip your waitresses, they deserve it.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Playing random horrible games gave us the Motorbike quick look so the "nothing comes out until end of february" dry spell might end up being a blessing in disguise. And hey, probably means more Nidhogg on UPF!

Man Nidhogg really needs some SUPER HOT style music/chanting to up the intensity.

Another Person
Oct 21, 2010

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

Man Nidhogg really needs some SUPER HOT style music/chanting to up the intensity.

The music for Nidhogg I feel is fairly spot on. Maybe a slightly more tense version of the level song for the last screen or something?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Another Person posted:

The music for Nidhogg I feel is fairly spot on. Maybe a slightly more tense version of the level song for the last screen or something?

It should totally speed up the farther from the center you get. Or maybe change by level. The mines On beat clanking should get louder as you get closer to winning/losing.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

So since Vinny already played Demon's Souls ??????? stream is clearly going to be Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls right?

Nohman
Sep 19, 2007
Never been worse.

cheesetriangles posted:

So since Vinny already played Demon's Souls ??????? stream is clearly going to be Breaking Brad: Demon's Souls right?

That's exactly what we're getting. Oh boy. :getin:

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Brad playing demon souls is going to be something..

Automata 10 Pack
Jun 21, 2007

Ten games published by Automata, on one cassette
The next endurance run should be Jeff watching Brad play Demon's Souls.

Daius
Sep 10, 2010

This will either end up being the best feature on the site or the absolute worst. We're counting on you Brad.

cheesetriangles
Jan 5, 2011

Oh god I was right this is going to be fantastic. I hope we get lots of brad tears. :cry:

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
It's going to be interesting to compare this stream to Vinny and Patrick's runs.

The Dark Souls of Posters
Nov 4, 2011

Just Post, Kupo
I love how dismissive they all were towards the Souls series when Dark Souls came out and now they seem to enjoy it. Except Jeff. He will never come around :(

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
I like the Demon Souls levels better than the ones from Dark souls. Boletarian palace is amazing and tower of latria is better than all the Dark souls areas.

RoadCrewWorker
Nov 19, 2007

camels aren't so great

cheesetriangles posted:

Oh god I was right this is going to be fantastic. I hope we get lots of brad tears. :cry:
Imagine if it was him playing Revengeance on very hard. There'd be tears alright.

Mordiceius
Nov 10, 2007

If you think calling me names is gonna get a rise out me, think again. I like my life as an idiot!
I'm really excited to see this. I never played Demons Souls since I don't have a PS3, but I dabbled in Dark Souls on 360 and then went on to 1000/1000 the game on PC.

Panic! At The Tesco
Aug 19, 2005

FART

I'm looking foward to this. Never had a ps3 or played Demon Souls but I loved the poo poo out of Dark Souls. I've never even watched more than 10 mins of Demons footage. :getin:

^^ motherfucker

IllusionistTrixie
Feb 6, 2003

I'm actually hoping it's a start from the beginning rather then a continuation of whatever game save he has. I feel like that will get us maximum tears.

Edit DEMON SOULS? OH MY LORD I thought it was dark souls.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

There once was a tiger-striped cat.

RoadCrewWorker posted:

Imagine if it was him playing Revengeance on very hard. There'd be tears alright.

Ive said it before, but the absolute worst breaking brad ever would be vanquish.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Ive said it before, but the absolute worst breaking brad ever would be vanquish.

That would be more painful for us than Brad.

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Awesome Animals posted:

I'd ditch Facebook in a second, but none of my friends from college 'understand' twitter and would rather post Buzzfeed links on their Facebook feed as a form of self expression.

Yep. I vastly prefer twitter as well but I still have my facebook because I still have a large number of friends on it.

EDIT: this exists and its awesome https://twitter.com/KlepekVsRemo

poo poo just got real.

The REAL Goobusters fucked around with this message at 00:32 on Jan 16, 2014

YorexTheMad
Apr 16, 2007
OBAMA IS A FALSE MESSIAH

ABANDON ALL HOPE

Depths posted:

I like the Demon Souls levels better than the ones from Dark souls. Boletarian palace is amazing and tower of latria is better than all the Dark souls areas.

This man gets it.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

Overbite posted:

That would be more painful for us than Brad.

Yes thats what I was getting at.

Yodzilla
Apr 29, 2005

Now who looks even dumber?

Beef Witch

Air Julio posted:

Some, if not all, the actual service aspects of it are as good if not better than facebook, but no one uses it.

The service aspects are fine but the interface is pure Google aka loving terrible.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert

Dred Cosmonaut posted:

Yes thats what I was getting at.

Because he'd play it like Gears of War and hide behind cover instead of zipping around like a rocket robot.

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
Ooh man this is gonna hurt

and i'm gonna watch every second of it

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Depths posted:

Yeah, I think the self contained areas work a lot better than Dark Souls' open world.

Overbite
Jan 24, 2004

I'm a vtuber expert
Demon's Souls had better art direction but I liked Dark Souls' big connected world. Hopefully Dark Souls 2 combines them.

I never finished Demon's Souls :(

absolutely anything
Dec 28, 2006

~As for dreams, she has enough and more to spare~
I like Demon's Souls a lot better too and if it had some of the smart adjustments that Dark Souls made like the Estus Flask system it'd be perfect imo.

Hakkesshu
Nov 4, 2009

YorexTheMad posted:

This man gets it.

Yeah, I agree. I actually thought Dark Souls was disappointing at first, because the world just wasn't as cool as Demon's Souls'. It took me a couple of more playthroughs to decide that Dark Souls is probably better overall, but Demon's has greater highs. The heart in Tower of Latria/the Astraea fight beat the poo poo out of anything in Dark Souls in terms of atmosphere.

cronox2
Jul 24, 2010

woah, you look
REALLY pissed off...
Holding out the smallest hope that maybe playing a Souls game will get Brad to realize he should take advice from people in the studio. Smallest hope.

Heroic Yoshimitsu
Jan 15, 2008

Demon's Souls had some cool levels, but I definitely like Dark's open world better overall.

Wiseblood
Dec 31, 2000

Yeah, I really loved looking around the environment in Dark Souls and seeing all the places I'll go to and the places I've been.

Dred Cosmonaut
Jan 6, 2010

cronox2 posted:

Holding out the smallest hope that maybe playing a Souls game will get Brad to realize he should take advice from people in the studio. Smallest hope.

"No, I dont think it works that way"

Noxville
Dec 7, 2003

cronox2 posted:

I do think that honestly, on this occasion he'll accept that others actually do know the game better than he does. Or maybe that's just wishful thinking.

StarkRavingMad
Sep 27, 2001

Yams Fan
Oh lord, I didn't catch that this was Demons and not Dark either. This will be brutal.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Depths
Apr 15, 2009

SENPAI
Weird, stream started playing last Fridays UPF

• Locked thread