Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Thora
Aug 21, 2006

Look on my Posts, ye Mighty, and despair!
Nothing beside remains. Round the decay
Of that colossal Wreck, boundless and bare
The lone and level sands stretch far away
I have expanded the pool of bachelors to those whose last names are no more than 5 letters (thank you poopkitty) and start with the letter A, because I have baggage from grade school about never being at the front of the line. EV-ERRR. So if there is a single Adams or Allen around, holla ;-*

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

Don't name kids after animes and video games.

Bridget is the handcuff penis nun right?

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

nothin' wrong with a lady drinkin' alone in her room

boom boom boom posted:

I share a pronunciation with an anime :ohdear:. It's spelled differently, though

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

Boy dressed as a nun with a massive handcuff as a belt, yes.

Crow Jane posted:

I share a pronunciation with an anime :ohdear:. It's spelled differently, though

Gohkew?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

boom boom boom posted:

i was correct then

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008

Pick posted:

boom boom boom posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about please dont ruin this name for me

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Pick posted:

i was correct then

I wouldn't call a boy dressed as a nun a penis nun, that's fetishizing, IMO.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

bathroom sounds posted:

what the gently caress are you talking about please dont ruin this name for me

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Gohkew?

Aelita

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
Is it even gay at that point?

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
Too much anime

All Of The Dicks
Apr 7, 2012

Whether or not a nun has a penis is completely irrelevant so don't even mention it.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

That doesn't count, that's an actual human name

bathroom sounds posted:

Is it even gay at that point?

No, it's pedophilia

All Of The Dicks posted:

Whether or not a nun has a penis is completely irrelevant so don't even mention it.

Thank you.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
that's an odd habit

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

Pick posted:

that's an odd habit

Ha.

unlimited shrimp
Aug 30, 2008
You're only the second person I know of with that name (different spelling thoug).

I wonder if she's also named after a comic book character.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

bathroom sounds posted:

You're only the second person I know of with that name (different spelling thoug).

I wonder if she's also named after a comic book character.

Yeah, mine's spelled differently as well. I do like the name, but I've had to grow into it.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

i will have a daughter and her name will be lain deal with it

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012
lol jk im never gonna be a parent

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

Livingtrope posted:

i will have a daughter and her name will be lain deal with it

Only after she turns seven, right? before that you'll call her Niea.

Susan B. Antimony
Aug 25, 2008

Each time I was pregnant, I threatened to name the kid Oliver Queen Antimony, and my husband was horrified. I still kind of feel like it was an opportunity lost, but they have normal human names instead.

you rock
Sep 12, 2010

You wanna fuck with this shit I fuckin dare you. You fuck wit the hedge you get the spines
name privilege is real

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

boom boom boom posted:

Only after she turns seven, right? before that you'll call her Niea.

this ref has a lot of layers im just like whoa

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

thats a cool name crow jane if i was a lady i think id like that name

just lol if james cameron ever gets his battle angel movie made tho

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine

NecroMonster posted:

thats a cool name crow jane if i was a lady i think id like that name

just lol if james cameron ever gets his battle angel movie made tho

Oh man, you jst reminded me that Guillermo Del Toro is making a pilot for an adaptation of Monster for HBO.

gonna own

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

Thora posted:

I have expanded the pool of bachelors to those whose last names are no more than 5 letters (thank you poopkitty) and start with the letter A, because I have baggage from grade school about never being at the front of the line. EV-ERRR. So if there is a single Adams or Allen around, holla ;-*

I didn't get an A, but I'm much closer to the front. As a kid I was always firmly the middle. Even when we went backwards to be fair I got the shaft.

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

oh god i didnt know about that i hope is good cause drat it needs to be

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

my ex wanted to name our daughter vega and i don't think I could handle looking at a child and thinking "OOOOOOOoooooWOW" or "YAOOOO" every time I looked at her. Also its a bad name

but lets be real everyones name is ruined by some character from some piece of media somewhere

NecroMonster
Jan 4, 2009

Elephantgun posted:

my ex wanted to name our daughter vega and i don't think I could handle looking at a child and thinking "OOOOOOOoooooWOW" or "YAOOOO" every time I looked at her. Also its a bad name

but lets be real everyones name is ruined by some character from some piece of media somewhere

i would never be able to call her that with a strait face ever and yeah id hear the loving voice clips from super turbo all the drat time

the girl might have ended up with the nickname "claw" tho which would be kinda cool

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE
My husband told me if I ever get pregnant again I can name my little girl Tali'Zorah and my boy Wrex. But I'm sterilized so any unborn children will remain so. I wish it were undoable tho.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

My wife never watched star wars so I tried to name my boy girl twins Luke and Liea but my stupid whovian treky bro in law spilled the beans and I almost got castrated.

Went with Tevis for the boy to pay homage to my motherinlaw family and tabitha because it's cute.

Crow Jane
Oct 18, 2012

People here voted to name the new baby lion cubs at the zoo Luke and Leia

:3:

poopkitty
Oct 16, 2013

WE ARE ALL ONE

LingcodKilla posted:

My wife never watched star wars so I tried to name my boy girl twins Luke and Liea but my stupid whovian treky bro in law spilled the beans and I almost got castrated.

Went with Tevis for the boy to pay homage to my motherinlaw family and tabitha because it's cute.

When my daughter was in utero my son wanted to name her Luke. She was a girl tho.

boom boom boom
Jun 28, 2012

by Shine
If I ever have a kid I'm probably gonna argue pretty hard for Lion El'Jonson

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
Lol my parents were going to name me Bartolommeo after the most badass saint but they instead picked something that had no translation into English.

Elephantgun
Feb 13, 2010

NecroMonster posted:

the girl might have ended up with the nickname "claw" tho which would be kinda cool

wait, ok, im back on board

Boob Dylan
Jan 3, 2013
I have the whitest name you can get. Imagine three little old lady names (one Irish, two English) with an incredibly common English surname tacked on. There you go. On the plus side, Googling my first and last names together gives me a feminist author so that's pretty neat I guess.

In other news I finally got to see Frozen and it was super cute. I just discovered the soundtrack on iTunes so WELP guess I'm listening to nothing but "Let It Go" for the next few weeks!

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

my dad wanted his kids names to be Joseph and Mary

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER

poopkitty posted:

My husband told me if I ever get pregnant again I can name my little girl Tali'Zorah and my boy Wrex. But I'm sterilized so any unborn children will remain so. I wish it were undoable tho.

its ok to kill ur husband for this madness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I seriously have just about had enough Bioware, it's like "shut the gently caress up you one dimensional whine-face/bitch-face/coward-face/warrior-face, you useless sack of trash, if it weren't for the fact that I cannot hit my enemies fast enough with swords or bullets or spells or biotics I'd kick you all to the curb and beat this game alone."

Alistair is such a whiney rear end in a top hat, I think I want to make a new character with the express purpose of executing him ASAP

• Locked thread