Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Turtlicious is so adorable, like others have said, I wish I could relive discovering Sunny for the first time. Have you discovered the joys of Dayman yet?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Sammus posted:

Turtlicious is so adorable, like others have said, I wish I could relive discovering Sunny for the first time. Have you discovered the joys of Dayman yet?

I just watched that episode a couple of hours ago, it was amazing!

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Turtlicious posted:

I just watched that episode a couple of hours ago, it was amazing!

When it first came out, the Dayman song took the world by storm. At my college town it wasn't uncommon to hear it sung at parties and bars. Dayman! Oooooh! Fighter of the Nightman! Ooooooh!

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I really hate the dayman episode and song just because people circlejerk over it like it's the funniest thing ever and any time IASIP is mentioned some nerd has to be that guy and sing it.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

drunken officeparty posted:

I really hate the dayman episode and song just because people circlejerk over it like it's the funniest thing ever and any time IASIP is mentioned some nerd has to be that guy and sing it.

The one thing the show gets credit for is not running it into the ground. It's been 5 seasons and they still haven't returned to that well.

Loucks
May 21, 2007

It's incwedibwe easy to suck my own dick.

That's really dumb. You should hate the insufferable nerd, not the thing the nerd is trying to ruin.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm new to the series, but I thought the Night man song was better.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Turtlicious posted:

Counterpoint:

Just to be clear
I did not write that song and have never had sex
with a child, just to be clear
Just to be clear
Most men find me to be an 8 or 9 out of 10, and
I am available to any interested men
Who'd like to get my number after the show

Baron von Eevl
Jan 24, 2005

WHITE NOISE
GENERATOR

🔊😴

Turtlicious posted:

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

What is that, a page from a coloring book?

Rack
Aug 5, 2003

I've misunderstood what a lion is.

Grimey Drawer

timp posted:

Counterpoint:

Just to be clear
I did not write that song and have never had sex
with a child, just to be clear
Just to be clear
Most men find me to be an 8 or 9 out of 10, and
I am available to any interested men
Who'd like to get my number after the show

You're not going to have a face by the time I'm done with you! :argh:

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Jesus Christ, I need to stop marathoning this. I recognized that immediately.

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

Turtlicious posted:

Charlie channels Bob Dylan when he does the Night Man song (the one from "Sweet Dee's Dating a Retarded Person", that is). I love it.

Turtlicious, let us know what episode you're on and some of us psychos might watch it and quote lines with you. This show has infected our brains.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The last I saw was "The Gang Get's Whacked pt 1." I'm going to see "The Gang Get's Whacked pt. 2" Tomorrow.

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

Pt. 2 (I think it's part 2) contains one of my favorite random non-gang lines of the show (it's Buster the jockey, won't spoil it for you though).

Cockblocktopus
Apr 18, 2009

Since the beginning of time, man has yearned to destroy the sun.

The Gang Gets Whacked, Part 2 is such a magical episode. :allears: Especially the Frank and Dennis plotline, but also the Mac plotline. Hell, even the Charlie and Dee plotline is fantastic.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ok starting it right.... Now.

oh poo poo, I already saw that one. I'm on the one that opens with a bum jacking it.

"THE STREETS ARE FLOODED WITH THE EJACULATE OF THE HOMELESS, AND YOU WOULD CALL THE POLICE."

4 THE MARE!

Turtlicious fucked around with this message at 23:22 on Jan 15, 2014

nasboat
Sep 9, 2004

nasboat posted:

Pt. 2 (I think it's part 2) contains one of my favorite random non-gang lines of the show (it's Buster the jockey, won't spoil it for you though).

"C'mon, you old son of a gun, and let Buster do a line off your boner."

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

nasboat posted:

"C'mon, you old son of a gun, and let Buster do a line off your boner."

God that one was great.

"NEVER SPEAK TO ME AGAIN STREET RAT."

TUS
Feb 19, 2003

I'm going to stab you. Offline. With a real knife.

I've wanted to tell people things cost many many thousands of green people from history times for ages.

bobjr
Oct 16, 2012

Roose is loose.
🐓🐓🐓✊🪧

Charlie's amazement that the jockeys can actually talk are one of my favorite show moments.

New Yorp New Yorp
Jul 18, 2003

Only in Kenya.
Pillbug

TUS posted:

I've wanted to tell people things cost many many thousands of green people from history times for ages.

All right, these are the kind of nose clams that you crush up into a line of white powder, and you snort them up through your nose, and they make you high. You use a dollar bill or a straw to do it, they come from Colombia, they're illegal, and they rhyme with propane.

Mercaptopropyl
Sep 16, 2006

I can be framed easier than Whistler's Mother

drunken officeparty posted:

This. It was great at first seeing how many new people were discovering the show, but now I won't even mention the show to someone if I think they'll bring up the Nightman episode.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Did IASIP start the whole greenman/morph suit thing or did Charlie take it from an existing meme? I never know whether someone wearing it at a party or sports game is referencing the show.

CaptainHollywood
Feb 29, 2008

I am an awesome guy and I love to make out during shitty Hollywood horror movies. I am a trendwhore!

Advice posted:

Did IASIP start the whole greenman/morph suit thing or did Charlie take it from an existing meme? I never know whether someone wearing it at a party or sports game is referencing the show.

Charlie/Mac in real life used to go to games and do this. Always Sunny more or less made it a meme/popularized it.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Advice posted:

Yeah, the Vancouver guys who who really got the ball rolling got the idea from Sunny. Not sure if there were people doing it before Sunny though.

clockworx
Oct 15, 2005
The Internet Whore made me buy this account

CaptainHollywood posted:

Charlie/Mac in real life used to go to games and do this. Always Sunny more or less made it a meme/popularized it.

Actually, I think I remember from the commentary that Glenn or Rob said they a friend who used to do it at games, and they got his signoff and actually paid him to use it.

EDIT: Found a more thorough description than my recollection from the commentary. Guess it was Rob

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Series/ItsAlwaysSunnyInPhiladelphia posted:

Rob McElhenney got the idea for Charlie's "Green Man" persona from an unnamed friend, who donned a green zentai suit while attending a football game with McElhenney. McElhenney would later pay his friend an undisclosed amount of money in exchange for the rights to his "character", so that he could use the concept in later episodes.

clockworx fucked around with this message at 14:26 on Jan 16, 2014

escape artist
Sep 24, 2005

Slow train coming

clockworx posted:

Actually, I think I remember from the commentary that Glenn or Rob said they a friend who used to do it at games, and they got his signoff and actually paid him to use it.

That's really cool of them, since they could have used it without asking or without paying.

emanresu tnuocca
Sep 2, 2011

by Athanatos
Sunny extras are pretty good:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vms9_FKblHE

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Chapter Two. :stare:

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME
Been listening to this album a lot recently and one track stood out in particular...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WUOFFrtn1vI

quote:

They're like a twisted coven started up by kissing cousins.

Hey yo Tim, what they drinkin'?
It's just fuckin' milk!

Indeed.

Vitamin P
Nov 19, 2013

Truth is game rigging is more difficult than it looks pls stay ded
Just watched this randomly on Netflix the other night and god drat I'm hooked.

Only ~6 episodes in but I've never seen a show that so clearly gives no shits about me not relating to these terrible terrible people.

neoboman
Feb 16, 2007
I just rewatched the latest season. I couldn't remember exactly how good or bad it was, but, except for Gun Fever Too, I really liked/loved every episode. Especially Mac Day. And Flowers for Charlie. And Mac and Dennis Buy a Timeshare... nevermind.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Yeah, it's a very solid season. It's fantastic that they can still turn out quality episodes like that, nine bloody seasons in.

primaltrash
Feb 11, 2008

(Thought-ful Croak)
:stare:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oRwuPt8Q8sQ

Nelson Mandela
Jun 4, 2007

SO SHINY
SO CHROME

Beyond brilliant.

Also, drat, the waitress has an amazing rear end. :stare:

Hughmoris
Apr 21, 2007
Let's go to the abyss!

What the hell is that?

You know what it is, bitch.

Sammus
Nov 30, 2005

Vitamin P posted:

Just watched this randomly on Netflix the other night and god drat I'm hooked.

Only ~6 episodes in but I've never seen a show that so clearly gives no shits about me not relating to these terrible terrible people.

If you can relate to them, there is probably something wrong with you. Well, maybe Charlie is relatable. Who wouldn't want to hang out under bridges, hunt for treasure in the sewer, huff paint, and catch ghouls.

Irish Joe
Jul 23, 2007

by Lowtax

Sammus posted:

If you can relate to them, there is probably something wrong with you. Well, maybe Charlie is relatable. Who wouldn't want to hang out under bridges, hunt for treasure in the sewer, huff paint, and catch ghouls.

I've been Mac more times than I care to admit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sleepy gary
Jan 11, 2006

Sammus posted:

I love boiling denim and banging hoors.